You have no maximum hand size.
|Want (3)||MercurialSmile , Happymasksalesman , bladesinger11|
Printings View all
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Uncommon|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Uncommon|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
1 month ago
Azeworai, whooo that is alot.
First, he defense of Spellbook the effect was nice, it was mainly put in for the free cast to storming. Now that I think about it, I did pull a Mishra's Bauble the other day that I could swap it out for.
You really think going lower than 33 lands could work? Perhaps I'll give it a try. I kind of like the idea of running cheap artifact land fetches. I'll give it a try, but I'm not sure how much lower on lands I could get away with.
Academy Ruins is definitely getting a slot when I pick one up, now that Double Masters has added more to the market, now might be the time to pick one up. Tolaria West had escaped my radar, and shall also receive a spot in the lands.
Krark-Clan Ironworks is something I've thought about, but not quite sure exactly how to break it, yes, I know, I have Ashnod's Altar, but they are functionally different, despite their similarities. I keep going back and forth on Ichor Wellspring, and I suppose if I can figure out KCI, the value there is worth the spot.
Urza, Lord High Artificer I've been against, but have recently have started to look more into him.
Mystic Remora will be re-evaluated. Just I'm hyper focused on the artifacts.
Thank's for the look and suggestions. I'm off to work now, so I'll try to take a look at your deck later tonight/tomorrow morning.
1 month ago
Well met, doughty traveler, and hereupon we must joust! You entreated my presence, and thence thou shalt be remunerated. I shall be oppugning your deck most perfidiously, yet you must fend off my awesome advice!
(Okay, I'm done.)
Let's do this.
Well, I have an artifact build of my own, thus I may be leastway some aid. (See Mr. Scarecrow)
In your deck updates you mentioned cutting Mystic Remora, but I find this card to be amazing whenever it is upon the field. Do you know how many decks run all creatures? Only those obsessed with Umori. Four mana is a severe tax, as this oft draws four or five cards or entirely ends the opponents' plans, merely due to them being afeard of you drawing too many cards.
Come on. Only 33 lands?! (Mine has 25.) I'd actually go down a few. Expedition Map can serve as a land-in-disguise, and Traveler's Amulet, as with Wanderer's Twig, each serve more late-game value just by being artifacts.
Go do your homework, young 'un. Should you not be studying for Tolaria West? This tutors for all sorts of trangams. Need defense for a combo? Pact of Negation! Wish to murder everything? Walking Ballista it shall be. It can also find an Inventors' Fair to find an artifact, and may stomp upon those foul graveyard players with a Tormod's Crypt.
Dispatch is spicy, Swords is just better. Now, as much as I love spicy cards, I find it difficult to justify them when there is just a better option, in this case one that is unconditional. Dispatch may be active turn one on a good day, two or three on a normal day, but Swords to Plowshares is always ready.
Prepared for some bromidic options? Ichor Wellspring draws a lot, being one of the primary engines in my deck. Krark-Clan Ironworks ends the game upon resolution. Thirst for Knowledge is always solid, stocking the bin and sculpting the hand. If you can get ahold of one, Daddy-o does bloody everything.
Now, upon my spicy choices:
I have said afore and I shall say once more, if the deck bears Dimir, you run Unfulfilled Desires. It goes through SO MANY CARDS. It lets you be mana efficient for those bloody turns where you have three just lying about and being indolent, whereat you may filter through three cards instead. This mayn't be card advantage, but it is amazing. Mana-flooded? Lovely! Mana-screwed? Still great! It is better than it reads, and it reads most meritoriously. Oh, and it's cheap, too. My card store had thirteen lazing within their shelves.
Turn Aside is fun, but have you seen the splendid Hindering Light? Of course you have, yet it draws a card, and therefrom I find reason enow to see to its inclusion. Only if you want, but it feels great.
Now, I much enjoy Supreme Will, for it leastwise cycles but may act as a lacking counterspell. Impulse goes in all of my blue decks, for it evermore pulls its weight. Moreover, I am rather fond of Painful Truths, as it draws quite a few cards withal much efficacy.
There are a sparse few things I would foredo.
Spellbook doesn't do anything. If you're drawing enough to be above seven, you should be winning the game instead of maintaining your hand. Call it clemency.
May all luck have you!
Discussing payment, you must see my lovely Hazezon. Thank you very much.
1 month ago
1 month ago
- Nekusar, the Mindrazer hes a great commander if you wanted to change format for this deck style is really funny.
- The biggest issue with the deck is running Reliquary Tower and Underworld Dreams in the same deck you really need both effects, but the mana base is very hard to get by with.
- When deciding between these two decks ill say one is more comboy which means itll feel the same each game basically this one is mostly synergy so it'll feel different playing it each time.
- Forced Fruition is 6 mana. Youll probably hit your land drops on time due to card draw but thats still 6 turns (5 at the soonest).
- Fast lands like Sulfur Falls are great but you wanna run 3 max. They dont work well together. If your opener is just a 2-1 split of your fast lands your gonna be behind. (Shocklands are worth it).
- Consider the following: Teferi's Ageless Insight, Ominous Seas, Blasphemous Act, Fate Unraveler, Molten Psyche, Spiteful Visions, Whispering Madness + unblockable creature, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, Dictate of Kruphix, Megrim, Dark Deal, Waste Not, (Magus of the Wheel is sadly not legal :( ), Psychosis Crawler, Howling Mine, Liliana's Caress, Temple Bell, Incendiary Command, Prosperity, Dragon Mage, Fell Specter, Kess, Dissident Mage, Sangromancer, Magus of the Jar, Laboratory Maniac, Thassa's Oracle, Nadir Kraken, Consecrated Sphinx, Baleful Strix, Sire Of Insanity, Reverberate, Wheel of Fate, Echo of Eons, Burning Inquiry, Scheming Symmetry, Font of Mythos, Otherworld Atlas, Spellbook, Crawlspace or Ensnaring Bridge, Jace Beleren, Ashiok, Dream Render, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Narset, Parter of Veils, Geier Reach Sanitarium.
- I hope thats helpful. There's a lot of similar affects so theres a lot of routes to go.
2 months ago
3 months ago
4 months ago
Your artifact ramp could be more optimized.
Take out all the Diamonds and put in Signets, they don't come into play tapped and are great for fixing your mana. Lotus Petal could be considered since it plays well with your commander, Fellwar Stone is also great or even Mind Stone. Just don't play mana ramp that comes into play tapped.
I would also try to leave some creatures out for powerfull enchantments/artifacts since your commander is focused on them, if you cast them you'll get a creature for free. I would consider these enchantments/artifacts: Grasp of Fate, Search for Azcanta Flip, Darksteel Mutation, Estrid's Invocation, Mirrormade, Copy Enchantment, Skullclamp, Sword of the Animist, Lightning Greaves.
Alela goes infinite quite easy with cards like Banishing Knack or Retraction Helix combined with a Battered Golem, Mirran Spy or Traxos, Scourge of Kroog and any 0 drop atrifact; Tormod's Crypt, Ornithopter, Everflowing Chalice, Memnite orvSpellbook. Making infinite faeries and infinite casts (Storm). Put an Aetherflux Reservoir next to this combo and BOOM.