|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Extinguish All Hope
Destroy all nonenchantment creatures.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (34)||ironax , Supremespeed , jstn.mrrtt , duff87 , Fairseas , The_Munchkin , vashaclarens , MattN7498 , mziter501 , AwesomeJosh , Cazaz0816 , saj0219 , Lander , Xz0mb13x91 , CampbellStev , ducttapedeckbox , infernalbubblez , bakeraj4 , PTsmitty , Pumpkinking913 , bradyofportdetroit , EliGjerdingen , Kimimaro , Antiat , Nemesis , ThisIsBullshit , ChainerDragon65 , Rez09 , Famicomania , joshw335 , darthnuchi , ecurps , GoldGhost012 , Grantley91|
|Want (14)||mini_tb , ivo2809 , Keab42 , Awuztein , Pogo0o , coadster , docbrown , awfulNeutral , Loading_Error , Booyar , CrustyCraig , RKZA , TheGreatLordEgotist , Gryffix|
Extinguish All Hope Discussion
2 months ago
Since you are playing five colours you might wish to consider Shard Convergence and Untamed Wilds. Oketra the True might also be a worthy consideration for this deck. Extinguish All Hope may be a fun consideration for a deck that mostly plays enchantment creatures that are indestructible. Humbler of Mortals may be a fun consideration as well as Commune with the Gods: useful and it is on theme. Thassa's Devourer may also be a fun addition to the deck. Whitewater Naiads could potentially make all your creatures unblockable. Worst Fears is also something fun and evil you might want to add to this deck. Rewind and Dissolve are worthy counter spells.
I hope these suggestions prove to be of some use!
3 months ago
Seguendo la linea di analisi che ti ho descritto nel vocale e partendo dal principio che piuttosto che una carta scarsa è meglio un Relentless Rats, ti dico:
- Dirty Wererat è scarso, toglilo.
- Mortal Combat è forte se giochi un mazzo che si automilla/scarta molto, altrimenti rischia di diventare inutile, io la toglierei.
- Death Denied è situazionale, rischi di non usarla affatto, così come Gravepurge. Il tuo obbiettivo è avere tante creature in campo, non tante creature al cimitero per usare queste due carte. Togli entrambi e metti il Beacon of Unrest, che può anche riprendere il Thornbite Staff (anche quello di un avversario), che è una win condition.
- Go for the Throat è forte, ma ti serve? Idem per Malicious Affliction. A te le creature non nere o non artefatto non interessano, perché tanto sono quelle che non possono bloccare i tuoi ratti con paura. Toglili entrambi e metti Archetype of Finality, così il giocatore in difesa ci pensa due volte prima di bloccare un topo 1/1, o ad attaccarti.
- Thousand-Year Elixir ti fa stappare Marrow-Gnawer una volta sola, mentre Sword of the Paruns te lo fa fare quante volte vuoi, switchale.
- Trova un posto per Illusionist's Bracers. Sacrifichi un solo topo, ma fai l'abilità due volte. Magari togli un Relentless Rats, o mettila al posto di una delle carte non terra che toglierei, come i due qua sotto.
- Gnat Miser e Locust Miser mi fanno pensare, perché sono facilmente counterati da una Reliquary Tower, nel caso toglili. In effetti, il tuo non è un mazzo fatto per far scartare... non hai Nekusar, the Mindrazer in zona di comando, ecco. Io li toglierei.
- Swarmyard è forte, ma vale 10 euro? Come rapporto prestazioni/prezzo, meglio una Swamp.
- Terramorphic Expanse in un mazzo monocolore è utile come i cavoli a merenda, metti una Swamp.
- Sign in Blood la usi una volta e basta, mentre Carnage Altar, Vampiric Rites e Phyrexian Vault le riusi. Io cercherei di metterle tutte e tre al posto di carte che sarebbe meglio togliere o di qualche Relentless Rats.
- Whip of Erebos non mi sembra particolarmente adatta qui, toglila. Non hai bisogno né di lifelink, né di recursion che poi esilia. -Crypt Ghast e Caged Sun servono se hai cose grosse da lanciare, non per lanciare tante cose piccole (perché in quel caso finiresti solo per finire le carte in mano e basta), io le toglierei, tanto la tua curva è bassa.
- Profane Command, Life's Finale ed Extinguish All Hope non ti servono molto, poiché ti riprendi in fretta dai boardwipe. Metti piuttosto qualcosa che fa resistere Marrow-Gnawer ai boardwipe, come ad esempio Unhallowed Pact, Undying Evil, Supernatural Stamina o Rescue from the Underworld (almeno i primi tre mettili). Se ci pensi, io, nel mazzo di Meren of Clan Nel Toth, non ho nessun boardwipe, però funziona lo stesso, perché ho modi diversi di interagire con la board. Il tuo mazzo, in modo diverso, fa la stessa cosa. Se stai attaccando con 10 ratti con paura e deathtouch dall'Archetype of Finality o semplicemente casti Sudden Spoiling (che puoi castare anche se non sei tu il giocatore attaccante) dopo che il giocatore in difesa dichiara i bloccanti, o dopo che tu hai dichiarato i bloccanti, non è quasi la stessa cosa?
4 months ago
Have you played this much yet?
I found with my version that having sac fodder was a little more important than value cards like Zulaport Cutthroat. Cards like Captain's Claws and Animation Module are cheap ways to get sac fodder that survive wraths, but cards like Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder or Ophiomancer are also handy. When playing voltron, other players tend to go for my commander, so sometimes I was facing down removal on 2 or 3 of the turns before I untap again.
Also as long as you have a creature heavy meta, board wipes are much better than spot removal like Attrition or Murder. Yahenni gets big so much faster with wipes making it that much easier to get to 21. I run Deadly Tempest, Decree of Pain, Extinguish All Hope, In Garruk's Wake, Plague Wind, and Crux of Fate because board wipes are so effective in my meta.
just from personal preference I like Blade of the Bloodchief a lot. all this is IMHO.
Have fun, and good luck!
4 months ago
Counterspells and creature removal in general are your greatest threat, Muldrotha, the Gravetide needs to be on the field for your deck to thrive. I recommend running a Disallow since it can counter any activated ability.
The Mending of Dominaria shuffles your graveyard into your library when it fully resolves. This hurts your reanimation strategy imo. I would personally remove it.
Since you easily rebuild from board wipes (assumiung that you can protect your commander somehow), you might want to run Oblivion Stone, Bane of Progress, Creeping Corrosion, Fracturing Gust. Do or Die is a good cheap pseudo-boardwipe that is also cheap financially. Decree of Pain is extremely expensive mana-wise but if it goes off it can win you the game single-handedly. Crux of Fate is basically a worse version of Damnation if there are no dragons on the board. If you don't want to use Crux, you can use Extinguish All Hope.
You might want to use some more green mana ramp spells. Respect for using Tempt with Discovery. Here are some of the spells you might want to look into. (Don't add all of these, this is just for your reference if you want to add some) Explosive Vegetation, Kodama's Reach, Harrow, Yavimaya Elder, Farseek, Hunting Wilds, Skyshroud Claim, Mana Reflection,
6 months ago
Austere Command is relatively cheap (less the $5) and provides you with great flexibility as to what you want to destroy. Forced March could be very interesting is this deck, but is heavy on the black mana. A Day of Judgment will set you back just 2 or 3 bucks. End Hostilities is cheaper still and takes out equipment for one CMC more. Fumigate is the same CMC for $2. Another 5 CMC card is Planar Outburst and it is cheap!Nevinyrral's Disk is cheap, but takes a turn to activate. Then there's good old Akroma's Vengeance and Deadly Tempest can be had for $2 or less, but Extinguish All Hope is less and you also have Planar Cleansing, although it's heavy on the white mana.
Hope this helps!
7 months ago
Hibernation Sliver is another strong option for protecting your slivers from removal/wrath effects.
Dormant Sliver is another great option, as it provides extremely powerful card draw (particularly with Paradox Engine--you cast a sliver, draw another sliver, cast another sliver, draw, etc.). While its defender ability is annoying, Hibernation Sliver, Necrotic Sliver, and Frenetic Sliver can keep it from being too much of a problem.
Vanquisher's Banner is another strong option--slivers quickly empty your hand, and you need as much card draw as you can muster.
If you want to play an expensive-to-cast wrath as a win condition, Kindred Dominance is vastly better than Extinguish All Hope, even with the extra in the casting cost. This card should outright win you the game.
Patriarch's Bidding will likely benefit you more than your opponent, and provides a strong method of recovering from a wrath effect.
7 months ago
Spectral Sliver and Megantic Sliver could be swapped for Coat of Arms and Sliver Legion. Spectral Sliver can consume a lot of mana for temporary bonuses. Megantic is a 6cmc for +3/+3. Coat and Legion are 5cmc that give huge bonuses.
Sliver Queen, although expensive will make your deck go infinite.
Azor's Gateway is a huge card advantage cost to get mana. Intruder Alarm and Manaweft Sliver or Gemhide Sliver can get you mana without the card disadvantage. If there are cards that you always ditch to Azor's Gateway, you can pull them out and replace them with card you don't want to toss. Growing Rites of Itlimoc is a much cheaper way to get that mana.
Rout is only 5cmc, but can be an instant for 7cmc. Extinguish All Hope is 6cmc, but you aren't taking advantage of leaving enchantment creatures on the board. That could only help others. Rout is pretty cheap now that it was reprinted in Commander 2017.
JuQ on Infect Deck
8 months ago
I'm missing some good pump to your creatures: Beastmaster Ascension is a total beast for only 3 mana, Curse of Predation, Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, Forgotten Ancient, Bloodspore Thrinax would work great because you can proliferate your +1/+1 counters. Overrun and Thunderfoot Baloth may also be good.
You can always surprise your oponent with Might of Oaks or cast Revenge of the Hunted on Glissa and you'll wipe somenes creatures while your infect creatures go unblocked, Enlarge can also work fine.
Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots are always amazing to protect Glissa and give your guys haste.
Equipment like Loxodon Warhammer, Sword of Vengeance and Whispersilk Cloak can also be helpful. Also, the more I use Key to the City, the more I like it.
Viridian Longbow to kill creatures with glissa's deathtouch or ping poison counters to your oponents with any of your infect guys.I know Glissa will be feeding you cards, but I'd run some card engines just in case Deathreap Ritual, Shamanic Revelation, Journey to Eternity Flip. actually yhere are a lot.
Semblance Anvil can be quite cool here if you imprint one of your artifact creatures.
Artisan of Kozilek for being to high cost and not really worth it that much in this deck.
Worldspine Wurm because it's basically unplayable unless you can consistently cheat it onto the battlefield.
Marsh Casualties and Curse of Death's Hold not effective enough in a multiplayer game where people use bigger creatures. You can ruin the game for some token player, but you have more important things to do with those card slots.
Grave Betrayal Powerful, but it doesn't really move your game forward. You'll have is stuck in you hand more often than not.
Serpent Generator 10 mana for the first 1/1 snake with no-infect. Ho'w do you plan to make those snakes go unblocked.I'd swap Mutilate some boardwipe that actually destroys the creatures, you may not have many swamps and most of your creatures are small so you would be killing your guys while sparing your opponents'. Best option is Damnation, the budget alternatives are Crux of Fate, Deadly Tempest and Extinguish All Hope to name a few.
If you cut the highest cost from the deck you could probably do with about 37 lands, maybe even fewer. You may want to add some dual lands