|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Extinguish All Hope
Destroy all nonenchantment creatures.
Extinguish All Hope Discussion
1 month ago
5 months ago
For lands, Cabal Stronghold doesn't make any sense. You're running 7 Basic Swamps. If you wanted to put in Cabal Coffers with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth , that could work, but I doubt you want to put your money there. Cascading Cataracts, Waterveil Cavern, Survivor's Encampment, Shimmering Grotto, Rupture Spire, Guildmage's Forum, and Gateway Plaza should be the next to go. You're running a 2-color deck, so you don't need such bad fixing. I'd also lose Everglades.
Nighthowler is the only really bad creature that I see, although you'll probably want more if you're on the self-mill plan. Triskaidekaphobia and Tree of Perdition are cute. I don't think I would run that, but if you're going to, run Clutch of the Undercity and Dimir House Guard to tutor up the pieces.
Spinal Embrace is a cool card, but it's pretty inefficient. For that kind of mana, you could be running Kindred Dominance , Crux of Fate , Deadly Tempest , Decree of Pain , Extinguish All Hope , or Life's Finale (I would go with this one, given your commander). Cancel is a no-go. Counterspell , Negate , Swan Song , Countersquall , Dissolve , Arcane Denial , Disallow , Sinister Sabotage and Dream Fracture should all be in the deck before Cancel.
Tome of the Guildpact is pretty bad in this deck. If you want rocks, you should be running Sky Diamond , Charcoal Diamond , Coldsteel Heart , Mind Stone , Thought Vessel , and Talisman of Dominance before you touch that or Darksteel Ingot in a 2-color deck. If you're looking for card draw, Phyrexian Arena , Syphon Mind , Fact or Fiction , Tidings , Sign in Blood , and Night's Whisper are all better.
If you wanna mill, Altar of the Brood , Mesmeric Orb , Dread Summons , Sphinx's Tutelage , Psychic Corrosion , Traumatize , Patient Rebuilding , Memory Erosion , and Whetstone are all more powerful than Millstone (though I do appreciate it's OG status).
If you want to see what other people are playing in their Scarab God decks, I recommend checking out the EDHREC page for him.
5 months ago
I see the False Cure strategy less likely without white. If you have on the battlefield Tainted Remedy, Temur Sabertooth and Skyshroud Cutter you can make your opponents lose 6 life for every 1G you pay which is cool, but thats a really long shot. Even if it's perfectly vorthos, I would drop that strat altogether because otherwise you wont reach the 70% you're aiming for.
Living Death / Living End would work amazingly with your comander because you can go sniping dangerous creatures from other graveyards and then kill the snakes and get your good stuff. Even if you don't want to go reanimator this powerful card is even better with Pharika.
To neutralize the deathtouch of the snakes you're giving away maybe you could include some creatures with indestructible or first strike or just flyers, small deathtouchers are not that good attacking.
I would drop Squandered Resources and Seed the Land (even if it creates snakes) because you're not focusing enough on the land theme, while keeping The Mending of Dominaria and World Shaper if you add more ways to mill yourself.
Even if you are running reanimator, Bereavement is a card that would always hurt you and you have to make a huge effort to hurt some of your opponents, paying mana to give them a snakes and then having to kill them so they discard a card, IMO is not worth the effort.
I also believe there are better cards engines than pygmy kavu even if you give them some black creatures.
A 1/1 deathtouch is a powerful blocker and I wouldn't give it randomly to anyone, unless someone is about to get something dangerous from a graveyard, but otherwise they are meant for your use only. I would definitely keep the constellation pack but get rid of the least useful enchantments. Also consider Extinguish All Hope (with Pharika featuring on the art).
In my Hapatra deck (Hapatra's death hosts) I capitalize on the snakes with Revenge of the Hunted , Predatory Rampage , Driven / Despair and other Overrun -like effects (The synergy of deathtouch + trample is so powerful that no creature comes with both abilities, at least for now). Also Custodi Lich because people usually preffer taking 1 damage than losing a shiny creature to a snake, so getting back the Monarch shouldn't be difficult. And the Monarch mechanic is just fun by itself.
I would also add 2 or 3 lands because the average cost is not that low and you will be spending mana on Pharika's activated ability.
7 months ago
We really like your deck. We're not sure if you're on a budget, so please forgive us if some of our suggestions lay outside the range you're willing to spend:
- Underworld Dreams; we've included this in our Daxos deck, because we're facing lots of blue- and black decks in our playgroups that rely on drawing lots of cards in order to filter for wincons. This card really hurts such strategies.
- No Mercy; makes attacking you a very daunting proposition.
- Rule of Law; stops combo decks right in their tracks.
- Extinguish All Hope; not cheap to cast, but no one-sided boardwipe is.
- Idyllic Tutor; wonderful tutor in a deck like this.
- Aegis of the Gods; nice, cheap way to give yourself hexproof.
- Celestial Ancient; great way to spice up the tokens you get from Daxos.
Hope any of this helps. Please check out our Daxos deck for any other ideas. Have fun brewing and playing.
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
9 months ago
Since you are playing five colours you might wish to consider Shard Convergence and Untamed Wilds. Oketra the True might also be a worthy consideration for this deck. Extinguish All Hope may be a fun consideration for a deck that mostly plays enchantment creatures that are indestructible. Humbler of Mortals may be a fun consideration as well as Commune with the Gods: useful and it is on theme. Thassa's Devourer may also be a fun addition to the deck. Whitewater Naiads could potentially make all your creatures unblockable. Worst Fears is also something fun and evil you might want to add to this deck. Rewind and Dissolve are worthy counter spells.
I hope these suggestions prove to be of some use!
10 months ago
Seguendo la linea di analisi che ti ho descritto nel vocale e partendo dal principio che piuttosto che una carta scarsa è meglio un Relentless Rats, ti dico:
- Dirty Wererat è scarso, toglilo.
- Mortal Combat è forte se giochi un mazzo che si automilla/scarta molto, altrimenti rischia di diventare inutile, io la toglierei.
- Death Denied è situazionale, rischi di non usarla affatto, così come Gravepurge. Il tuo obbiettivo è avere tante creature in campo, non tante creature al cimitero per usare queste due carte. Togli entrambi e metti il Beacon of Unrest, che può anche riprendere il Thornbite Staff (anche quello di un avversario), che è una win condition.
- Go for the Throat è forte, ma ti serve? Idem per Malicious Affliction. A te le creature non nere o non artefatto non interessano, perché tanto sono quelle che non possono bloccare i tuoi ratti con paura. Toglili entrambi e metti Archetype of Finality, così il giocatore in difesa ci pensa due volte prima di bloccare un topo 1/1, o ad attaccarti.
- Thousand-Year Elixir ti fa stappare Marrow-Gnawer una volta sola, mentre Sword of the Paruns te lo fa fare quante volte vuoi, switchale.
- Trova un posto per Illusionist's Bracers. Sacrifichi un solo topo, ma fai l'abilità due volte. Magari togli un Relentless Rats, o mettila al posto di una delle carte non terra che toglierei, come i due qua sotto.
- Gnat Miser e Locust Miser mi fanno pensare, perché sono facilmente counterati da una Reliquary Tower, nel caso toglili. In effetti, il tuo non è un mazzo fatto per far scartare... non hai Nekusar, the Mindrazer in zona di comando, ecco. Io li toglierei.
- Swarmyard è forte, ma vale 10 euro? Come rapporto prestazioni/prezzo, meglio una Swamp.
- Terramorphic Expanse in un mazzo monocolore è utile come i cavoli a merenda, metti una Swamp.
- Sign in Blood la usi una volta e basta, mentre Carnage Altar, Vampiric Rites e Phyrexian Vault le riusi. Io cercherei di metterle tutte e tre al posto di carte che sarebbe meglio togliere o di qualche Relentless Rats.
- Whip of Erebos non mi sembra particolarmente adatta qui, toglila. Non hai bisogno né di lifelink, né di recursion che poi esilia. -Crypt Ghast e Caged Sun servono se hai cose grosse da lanciare, non per lanciare tante cose piccole (perché in quel caso finiresti solo per finire le carte in mano e basta), io le toglierei, tanto la tua curva è bassa.
- Profane Command, Life's Finale ed Extinguish All Hope non ti servono molto, poiché ti riprendi in fretta dai boardwipe. Metti piuttosto qualcosa che fa resistere Marrow-Gnawer ai boardwipe, come ad esempio Unhallowed Pact, Undying Evil, Supernatural Stamina o Rescue from the Underworld (almeno i primi tre mettili). Se ci pensi, io, nel mazzo di Meren of Clan Nel Toth, non ho nessun boardwipe, però funziona lo stesso, perché ho modi diversi di interagire con la board. Il tuo mazzo, in modo diverso, fa la stessa cosa. Se stai attaccando con 10 ratti con paura e deathtouch dall'Archetype of Finality o semplicemente casti Sudden Spoiling (che puoi castare anche se non sei tu il giocatore attaccante) dopo che il giocatore in difesa dichiara i bloccanti, o dopo che tu hai dichiarato i bloccanti, non è quasi la stessa cosa?
11 months ago
Have you played this much yet?
I found with my version that having sac fodder was a little more important than value cards like Zulaport Cutthroat. Cards like Captain's Claws and Animation Module are cheap ways to get sac fodder that survive wraths, but cards like Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder or Ophiomancer are also handy. When playing voltron, other players tend to go for my commander, so sometimes I was facing down removal on 2 or 3 of the turns before I untap again.
Also as long as you have a creature heavy meta, board wipes are much better than spot removal like Attrition or Murder. Yahenni gets big so much faster with wipes making it that much easier to get to 21. I run Deadly Tempest, Decree of Pain, Extinguish All Hope, In Garruk's Wake, Plague Wind, and Crux of Fate because board wipes are so effective in my meta.
just from personal preference I like Blade of the Bloodchief a lot. all this is IMHO.
Have fun, and good luck!
1 year ago
Counterspells and creature removal in general are your greatest threat, Muldrotha, the Gravetide needs to be on the field for your deck to thrive. I recommend running a Disallow since it can counter any activated ability.
The Mending of Dominaria shuffles your graveyard into your library when it fully resolves. This hurts your reanimation strategy imo. I would personally remove it.
Since you easily rebuild from board wipes (assumiung that you can protect your commander somehow), you might want to run Oblivion Stone, Bane of Progress, Creeping Corrosion, Fracturing Gust. Do or Die is a good cheap pseudo-boardwipe that is also cheap financially. Decree of Pain is extremely expensive mana-wise but if it goes off it can win you the game single-handedly. Crux of Fate is basically a worse version of Damnation if there are no dragons on the board. If you don't want to use Crux, you can use Extinguish All Hope.
You might want to use some more green mana ramp spells. Respect for using Tempt with Discovery. Here are some of the spells you might want to look into. (Don't add all of these, this is just for your reference if you want to add some) Explosive Vegetation, Kodama's Reach, Harrow, Yavimaya Elder, Farseek, Hunting Wilds, Skyshroud Claim, Mana Reflection,
Extinguish All Hope occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%