|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Morbid — When you cast Malicious Affliction, if a creature died this turn, you may copy Malicious Affliction and may choose a new target for the copy.
Destroy target nonblack creature.
|Have (4)||Joblaska , mziter501 , ahobrien , voidruby|
|Want (15)||BringerOfStorms , DeadeyeDesperado , Korevana , doonmeister , Dawnbreaker7727 , sycdan , vakuso , Cheshire000 , DragynFyre , Fralaylah , 0ur0b0r05 , Arrownight , AzureOctive , Turtlelover73 , powertrot|
Malicious Affliction Discussion
2 weeks ago
Mausoleum Secrets is great. You can easily get a bunch of creatures in your graveyard for this spell because they come back anyway. Desecrated Tomb works well with your commander. Deathgreeter likes it when things die.
And why not? You can use Meekstone , too.
2 months ago
I would suggest a little more removal/board wipes. AEtherize and Whelming Wave are good on a budget. In Garruk's Wake Bontu's Last Reckoning and Decree of Pain are also good budget boardwipes. Also a few good targeted removal spells Hero's Downfall to deal with planes walkers and Malicious Affliction since you have a sacrifice subtheme. Nighthowler Mortivore and Eater of the Dead go good with mill theme. And probably good use some more cars draw Ambition's Cost Ancient Craving Treasure Cruise and Blood Divination are good on a budget.
3 months ago
It's okay. I'm not in a hurry ^̮^
This seems pretty cool and very control-y. I have a couple suggestions: Price of Fame; Vona's Hunger; Succumb to Temptation; Detection Tower; Grim Return; Primal Amulet Flip ( cast more copies of your instants! And sorceries.) ; Wretched Confluence; Tragic Slip; Thrilling Encore; Malicious Affliction; Hero's Downfall; Crypt Ghast; Revel in Riches; Fated Return; Harvester of Souls; Demon of Dark Schemes; Sepulchral Primordial; Sangromancer; Kothophed, Soul Hoarder; Archfiend of Depravity; Chainer, Dementia Master; Massacre Wurm; Avatar of Woe; Noxious Gearhulk; Puppeteer Clique; Sheoldred, Whispering One; Ogre Slumlord; Kokusho, the Evening Star; Grip of Desolation; Stunning Reversal; Tainted Strike
Let me know if you can use these suggestions
3 months ago
Okay, so like we were discussing before, what is it that you want to do with this deck? What you are facing is a fast, tribal deck. If he's in mono-white, a few board wipes should be enough to slow him down to where you can overcome. White lacks draw, so if he over extends and you clear the board it will take time for him to rebuild. My suggestions:
Remove the Sudden Spoiling, Malicious Affliction, Bile Blight, Drown in Sorrow, Human Frailty, and Tsabo's Decree. I see what you want to do, but most of those cards are too slow and having too many will weaken the deck
3 months ago
Right off the bat there's some automatic includes I like to run in Golgari colors - those cards usually include some powerful effects that can effect the whole board with very little cost to you.
One of the biggest strengths black has is the ability to use what are referred to as Edict effects, which is a reference to a card called Diabolic Edict that forces your opponents to sacrifice creatures. This is powerful because no matter what you will trade a creature of yours for a creature of EACH opponent's - that's a one-for-three trade which gives you a sizable card advantage. Also sacrificing gets through pesky strategies like Indestructible or Hexproof from your opponents' commanders (chances are your opponents are going to try to protect their commanders very well).
For creatures that can do this easily, ordered from most favorite to least, Plaguecrafter, Merciless Executioner/Fleshbag Marauder (they are identical), lastly Slum Reaper. Slum Reaper is a bit more expensive but it's useful if you need more consistency of killing enemy creatures. If you REALLY want to push your opponents' creatures Butcher of Malakir can make sure no creature stays on the battlefield for very long as long as you constantly have creatures to throw into the graveyard.
You also have options in enchantments that can do this effect as well. Grave Pact and Dictate of Erebos are solid options, but should only be seriously considered if you're focusing on a sacrifice theme.
Secondly, I like adding sacrifice outlets. They are powerful additions that give you an out whenever you're dealing with targeted or mass creature removal. Ideally you want your sacrifice outlets to be free, so cards like Ashnod's Altar, Altar of Dementia, Carrion Feeder, and Viscera Seer will make sure you never get nothing from a creature dying on your side of the battlefield. Other options that can play well with Vhati il-Dal are Phyrexian Plaguelord who can turn your creatures into a -1/-1 for a creature that you weaken with Vhati's activated ability. If you're going with a creature-focused combat damage strategy Evolutionary Leap and Mycoloth are good options to trade your weaker creatures for more powerful options.
I'll list some overall good cards to add for Golgari colors, as well. Ramp (Named for Rampant Growth. These are cards that generate more mana for a small investment.)
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Kodama's Reach
- Explosive Vegetation
- Wood Elves
- Skyshroud Claim
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Golgari Signet
- Darksteel Ingot
- Cultivator's Caravan
- Sol Ring
- Eternal Witness
- Golgari Findbroker
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Dread Return
- Find / Finality
- Living Death
- Hero's Downfall
- Malicious Affliction
- Unravel the Aether
- Acidic Slime
- Reclamation Sage
- Krosan Grip
- Beast Within
These are all just some ideas I hope they help you tone the deck into the direction you want it to go into.
4 months ago
This looks like fun! We have some suggestions on how to improve this deck, but we're not entirely sure what your budget is, so we'll keep ourselves to some low-budget suggestions for now (let us know if you'd like us to elaborate on more expensive stuff too):
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury seems like a really nice card considering your overall strategy; especially if you can find ways to reuse his ETB trigger.
- Harvester of Souls is an exceptionally strong draw engine in a deck like yours.
- Royal Assassin is an exceptional engine of death; makes everyone think twice about tapping their creatures.
- Avatar of Woe/Visara the Dreadful are both very strong, assassin-like creatures, that would do well in your deck, though they are expensive to cast (in some cases).
We were a bit surprised to see you're playing a mono-black kill/sac deck, but without any of the incredible instant-kill power on offer for such a deck. Some examples we would definitely add would be:
And as a side note, we would also recommend Dark Ritual, because it's just awesome ramp.
- Mutilate and Black Sun's Zenith are absolutely awesome kill spells. Now imagine you cast these while you have Grave Betrayal on the field; everything you kill instantly becomes yours :)
- Buried Alive is by far the best tutor you could wish for in this deck; especially with Sheoldred on the field.
- Victimize is wonderful, considering whatever you sacrificed can be retrieved with Sheoldred.
- Rise from the Grave is awesome considering your overall strategy.
- Animate Dead/Dance of the Dead are great cards, cheap to cast, and can target whatever graveyard you wish to get some creatures from.
- Black Market makes a lot of sense in a deck that focuses on killing the way this deck does.
- Underworld Connections is a card we always recommend when it comes to mono-black, because draw is important.
Well that's it for now. We hope these suggestions are of use to you. Please let us know if they're not. Good luck with the deck.
With kind regards,
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
5 months ago
Seguendo la linea di analisi che ti ho descritto nel vocale e partendo dal principio che piuttosto che una carta scarsa è meglio un Relentless Rats, ti dico:
- Dirty Wererat è scarso, toglilo.
- Mortal Combat è forte se giochi un mazzo che si automilla/scarta molto, altrimenti rischia di diventare inutile, io la toglierei.
- Death Denied è situazionale, rischi di non usarla affatto, così come Gravepurge. Il tuo obbiettivo è avere tante creature in campo, non tante creature al cimitero per usare queste due carte. Togli entrambi e metti il Beacon of Unrest, che può anche riprendere il Thornbite Staff (anche quello di un avversario), che è una win condition.
- Go for the Throat è forte, ma ti serve? Idem per Malicious Affliction. A te le creature non nere o non artefatto non interessano, perché tanto sono quelle che non possono bloccare i tuoi ratti con paura. Toglili entrambi e metti Archetype of Finality, così il giocatore in difesa ci pensa due volte prima di bloccare un topo 1/1, o ad attaccarti.
- Thousand-Year Elixir ti fa stappare Marrow-Gnawer una volta sola, mentre Sword of the Paruns te lo fa fare quante volte vuoi, switchale.
- Trova un posto per Illusionist's Bracers. Sacrifichi un solo topo, ma fai l'abilità due volte. Magari togli un Relentless Rats, o mettila al posto di una delle carte non terra che toglierei, come i due qua sotto.
- Gnat Miser e Locust Miser mi fanno pensare, perché sono facilmente counterati da una Reliquary Tower, nel caso toglili. In effetti, il tuo non è un mazzo fatto per far scartare... non hai Nekusar, the Mindrazer in zona di comando, ecco. Io li toglierei.
- Swarmyard è forte, ma vale 10 euro? Come rapporto prestazioni/prezzo, meglio una Swamp.
- Terramorphic Expanse in un mazzo monocolore è utile come i cavoli a merenda, metti una Swamp.
- Sign in Blood la usi una volta e basta, mentre Carnage Altar, Vampiric Rites e Phyrexian Vault le riusi. Io cercherei di metterle tutte e tre al posto di carte che sarebbe meglio togliere o di qualche Relentless Rats.
- Whip of Erebos non mi sembra particolarmente adatta qui, toglila. Non hai bisogno né di lifelink, né di recursion che poi esilia. -Crypt Ghast e Caged Sun servono se hai cose grosse da lanciare, non per lanciare tante cose piccole (perché in quel caso finiresti solo per finire le carte in mano e basta), io le toglierei, tanto la tua curva è bassa.
- Profane Command, Life's Finale ed Extinguish All Hope non ti servono molto, poiché ti riprendi in fretta dai boardwipe. Metti piuttosto qualcosa che fa resistere Marrow-Gnawer ai boardwipe, come ad esempio Unhallowed Pact, Undying Evil, Supernatural Stamina o Rescue from the Underworld (almeno i primi tre mettili). Se ci pensi, io, nel mazzo di Meren of Clan Nel Toth, non ho nessun boardwipe, però funziona lo stesso, perché ho modi diversi di interagire con la board. Il tuo mazzo, in modo diverso, fa la stessa cosa. Se stai attaccando con 10 ratti con paura e deathtouch dall'Archetype of Finality o semplicemente casti Sudden Spoiling (che puoi castare anche se non sei tu il giocatore attaccante) dopo che il giocatore in difesa dichiara i bloccanti, o dopo che tu hai dichiarato i bloccanti, non è quasi la stessa cosa?
5 months ago
Malicious Affliction occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%