Morbid When you cast Malicious Affliction, if a creature died this turn, you may copy Malicious Affliction and may choose a new target for the copy.
Destroy target nonblack creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (13)||Ashy , Tribor , Tiddilywinkus , Kravian , Spinalripper , Roadhog , Poptartz95 , Kvothe1115 , Sparky41 , buildingadeck , sonnet666 , DruneGrey ,|
|Want (2)||Ariumlegion , fireborne1986|
Malicious Affliction Discussion
2 days ago
You need to take the images linked and make them a little smaller if you can; it makes reading an absolute chore because you're forcing the reader to scroll a lot in order to read what you've typed in between images.
That said, I'll list my suggestions:
Birthing Pod is first off. You want to sacrifice and gain benefits? This is your card. You can sac off a Marauder, Executioner, or Eternal Witness to grab Disciple if you need to draw, Jarad if you need to kill, and Oracle if you need to ramp- and the benefits only grow the higher up your curve you go. I strongly recommend it as it is a repeatable sacrifice outlet and a way to gain more consistency out of your deck.
Burn Away is terrible and you should run either good removal or good graveyard exile, not some hamfisted combination of both that does neither well. If you want graveyard removal, Tormod's Crypt or Nihil Spellbomb are great, one because it's 0 cost, the other because it draws a card and exiles too. I, personally, think you should be using Reclamation Sage in this deck and it's a shame you don't have it, though you've got Bane/Grip/Slime, so that'd be up to you. If you need more removal, there's always Malicious Affliction or Putrefy which are instant speed and can off a creature no matter its size (lol trying to kill a Ghave, Guru of Spores with Burn Away would be like trying to stop a brushfire by pouring gasoline on it, and doubling up with a 5 mana spell is rough). There's also Jund Charm, which does instant-speed graveyard exile and can function as a Pyroclasm to eliminate mana dorks and tokens, so that's an option too.
Not running Hatred seems like a bad call. Being able to just one-shot somebody by paying 18 life and 5 mana is pretty huge.
Gratuitous Violence is a second Xenagos, God of Revels that works for multiple creatures at once. That might be worth looking into over Emrakul, the Promised End (it's not a bad creature, I just find it mediocre in multiplayer Commander).
1 week ago
You can't copy it more than once because when you copy a spell, unless otherwise specified on the card, the copy goes directly on the stack - you aren't casting it. This is also why the storm mechanic doesn't go infinite with itself.
1 week ago
From Malicious Affliction's Gatherer page:
- The copy of Malicious Affliction is created on the stack. Its not cast, so the copy wont cause the morbid ability to trigger again.
1 week ago
How many times can you use Malicious Affliction. If you keep destroying non black creatures can you use this like a board wipe.
1 week ago
Suggestions for your mana base:
Bad Moon, Eternal Thirst, and Lashwrithe are fine cards but your creatures are already so huge, I don't think you need them. I would just add more ramp instead: Ashnod's Altar (also serves as a sacrifice outlet), Caged Sun, and Expedition Map (to find Cabal Coffers).
Suggestions for draw and card advantage:
It seems like a great win condition is the interaction between your Commander and Maralen of the Mornsong so I recommend more tutor and dark spells to get the combo out. Maybe switch out: Cremate, Sanguine Bond, Unholy Hunger, Abyssal Persecutor, Visions of Brutality, and Vile Requiem for Night's Whisper, Dark Petition, Behold the Beyond, Ambition's Cost, Beseech the Queen and Viscera Seer.
Suggestions for removal spells:
Several of your removal spells cost alot of mana. To the Slaughter, Reach of Shadows, In Garruk's Wake, Dregs of Sorrow, and Annihilate could be replaced with Diabolic Edict, Hero's Downfall, Killing Wave, Malicious Affliction, and Grave Pact.
1 week ago
DeckedGuru, While I don't think you're going in the wrong direction, you listed a lot of sup-par cards right there:
- Anthem of Rakdos, Gratuitous Violence is practically the same thing, but all the time.
- Grave Upheaval is a highly overpriced effect when Reanimate, Dance of the Dead, Animate Dead, Necromancy, Coffin Queen, Feldon of the Third Path, and Dread Return all exist, and Dread Return even functions from the graveyard.
- Dark Withering, just because discard is your theme doesn't mean you have to include mediocre removal spells just because they fit your theme. You don't see me running Irradiate in my artifact decks for the same reason. Dark Withering can basically only be cast when you can discard a card, making it a pseudo-sorcery, and is outclassed by other all around good removal in these colors, like Terminate, Tragic Slip, and Malicious Affliction.
- Kolaghan's Command, I know it's a beast in 60 card formats, but all of those modes are pretty useless in EDH, except the artifact removal, but that's outclassed by Shattering Spree, Vandalblast, and Goblin Welder.
- Library of Leng, capitalizing on the cards you're discarding being in the graveyard is a million times better than basically guaranteeing you're not going to draw any new cards.
- Pain Magnification, this one is actually pretty good, but this is a friendly reminder that Larceny exists and is amazing.
- Megrim, Liliana's Caress, and Quest for the Nihil Stone, unless you have a full set of Wheel of Fortune effects, these guys end up having way less of an impact than you'd think they do in a 40 life format. Same goes for The Rack. Bloodchief Ascension on the other hand, is typically strong enough to include anyway.
- Necrogen Mists, this one's also not bad, but you forgot all of its siblings: Bottomless Pit, Oppression, Stronghold Rats, and Creeping Dread.
As far as the hellbent theme goes, I wouldn't focus too much on it, since Neheb's effect isn't that great, and there are only two hellbent card worth including, which also aren't that great... Instead if you focus on just capitalizing on the cards you're throwing in the graveyard and stripping away your opponent's hands, then you can still draw lots of cards without being counter to your main strategy. Stuff like Geth's Grimoire and Phyrexian Arena can keep you flush while your opponents struggle to have things to play, and Mask of Memory fits really nicely here since our commander is low cost and is going to be attacking.
3 weeks ago
Hi there, I'm looking at your...
I've got lots of stuff in my binder if you'd like to take a look?