|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Premium Deck Series: Graveborn||Common|
|Battle Royale Box Set||Common|
Combos Browse all
Each player puts a creature card from his or her graveyard onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
5 days ago
Cool build, +1.
1 week ago
andylkell I didn't think of that! That's a great idea thanks! And yeah I was debating about Exhume is kinda weird considering my meta as it can cause big problems unless I can guarantee they won't have a good target. Thanks man!
1 week ago
It That Betrays is my personal favorite Entomb/Animate Dead target. If your opponents don't have an immediate answer, you pretty much lock someone out of the game because as soon as you start swinging, they have to sac lands and you get them as ramp. Exhume is another fairly inexpensive reanimation spell, especially if you get it after you cast entomb early where your opponents' graveyards are empty.
1 week ago
Cards I was thinking about adding in
Kaervek the Merciless
Cavern of Souls
Temple of the False God
Rise of the Dark Realms
Torrent of Souls
Crucible of Fire
Kokusho, the Evening Star
Haven of the Spirit Dragon
Chancellor of the Forge
1 week ago
just thinking about something: you can try to substitute Scribe of the Mindful with Grazing Kelpie, so you can put back Exhume in your library and shuffle it with some fetch land. This should allow you to remove Scribe of the Mindful and Deny Reality and all the lands in favor of Captured Sunlight. you have to add , yes, but in this way you are sure that you will always find Exhume when you cast a cascade spell, because cascade triggers other cascade ability, if i'm right, and the Grazing Kelpie costs 4, so you're not going to cast it wiht Captured Sunlight.
2 weeks ago
Maybeboard: Bontu the Glorified, Cut, Hazoret's Favor, Never, Rags, Bontu's Monument, Pyramid of the Pantheon, Watchers of the Dead, Archfiend of Depravity, Bend or Break, Dictate of Erebos or Butcher of Malakir, Coastal Breach and Curtains' Call for multiplayer. Exhume, Eternal Dominion, Feast on the Fallen, Impact Tremors, Mogis, God of Slaughter, Purphoros, God of the Forge, Throne of the God-Pharaoh
I'll tell you what to swap later, if you're interested.
2 weeks ago
- Tragic Slip (good against gods)
- Deathreap Ritual (good pull towards Golgari, good splash for Rakdos and Selesnya)
- Malicious Affliction (good black targeted removal)
- Morbid Curiosity (good in Artifacts and Golgari)
- Mirrorweave (seems like it could get pretty zany, also works as a functional wrath if you target a legendary creature)
- Slate of Ancestry (seems like a better option than Harmonize and the like for colors without CA)
- Thundermaw Hellkite (just busted)
- Hellkite Charger (lets speed up the game a bit)
- Illusionist's Gambit (a hilarious gotcha card in blue)
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar (this card makes the aggro deck in the pod much more threatening)
- Cavern Harpy
- Boros Charm
- Boartusk Liege
- Goblin Chieftain
- Goblin King
- Goblin Lackey
- Goblin Matron
- Goblin Piledriver
- Goblin Recruiter
- Goblin Warchief
- Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician
- Krenko, Mob Boss
- Skirk Fire Marshal
- Warren Instigator
Potential cuts (not removed, waiting your feedback):
- Sylvan Primordial (too much value I think)
- Sundering Titan (again, too much value)
- Nahiri, the Harbinger (she is good but doesnt support any archetypes)
- Merchant's Dockhand (very durdly. I actually hate this card, to be honest lol)
- Gruul Charm (doesnt do enough. There are better options to stop blocks)
- Merciless Eviction I think this is too good, actually. I dont want the build/reset dynamic unless you really pay a cost for it.
- Supreme Verdict (see: Merciless Eviction)
- Dovescape I think this will actually lead to too many board stalls. Not worth it.
- Reparations Doesnt do enough
- Darksteel Mutation (not necessary. We have enough good white removal)
- Limited Resources too mean.
- Tempt with Glory the tokens deck wants this, but I think it will only be better than a 6-mana put a +1/+1 on each creature you control when playing against gruul.
- Filigree Sages too little payoff for those stats
- Skill Borrower this card just sucks
- Shape Anew very bad. I love tinker, but nah.
- Black Sun's Zenith too good.
- Dread Return We said no reanimation
- Animate Dead
- Bonfire of the Damned too mean
- Starstorm too good I think. Rolling Thunder could be a good replacement?
- Tempt with Discovery I hope were playing with people smart enough not to fall for this trap
- Fang of the Pack (I think this card is not very good. I like that it has melee, but its not the best for a 6-drop)
Goblin Tribal just didnt seem viable unless you draft AND CAST Krenko. The deck leans too hard on one card and is too all-in for the multiplayer format. Sorry Goblins!
I left in the GU liege in case we want to do tap control in Simic, but I think we should move away from that archetype. I think I am more into ramp (Rashmi etc.) or cheating (Show and Tell effects). Maybe Simic is just good enough that we dont really need to plan too much for it. I dunno.
Still torn about Azorius. Do you think we have enough control in the format as-is? Can we do creature control with blinks? I want to move away from walls and wraths if possible, but I also want control (in whatever form we decide to do it) to be viable. Its important to me that there is room for control players to have plenty of fun drafting and playing, but its also important to keep the pace of the game. I think where we are now is a good mix of aggro/midrange slugfest plus control elements that cut them down and build CA over time.