|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Common|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Goblins (EVG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Lys Alana Huntmaster
Creature — Elf Warrior
Whenever you cast an Elf spell, you may put a 1/1 green Elf Warrior creature token onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||ibraJG84 , ironax , raymaverick97 , tragic_slip , Vasbear1 , pskinn01 , , Reliva , GeminiSpartanX|
|Want (2)||Turtlelover73 , _raeofsunlight|
Lys Alana Huntmaster Discussion
1 week ago
Thanks for the suggestions!
- Nullmage Shepherd: I didn't know this card but I like it. I don't have this card, but I am definitely giong to look out for it
- Tajuru Preserver: Sacrifice does not happen very often in my playing group and it doesn't hurt me that much. I will keep this card in mind for now.-Eladamri, Lord of Leaves: It takes my regenerate ability away but gives them cheap protection against target removal and forestwalk. This is a card that will certainly give me a boost.
- Fierce Empath: Why didn't I think about this myself?
- Lys Alana Huntmaster: I have already tried this card but in my opinion it was a little too slow. But of course this was when my deck was still casual. Maybe I'll give it another chance...
- I was perhaps a bit too busy with my own gameplan that I forgot these green staple removals, I'll find a place for these cards.
I will update my deck soon!
1 week ago
Looks like you've made a good start with this deck. It is however rather weak in its reactionary power. It is currently also not capable of dealing with enemy artifacts or enchantments. Therefore, I would propose the following:
- Nullmage Shepherd: this seems like a nice, repeatable way to deal with enemy artifacts/enchantments in a creature-heavy deck like yours.
- Tajuru Preserver: makes it impossible for your opponents to force you to sac your stuff. Seems rather valuable these days.
- Eladamri, Lord of Leaves: giving all your elves shroud seems like a good start to keep them safe.
- Fierce Empath: a great (additional) tutor for Craterhoof Behemoth or Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre.
- Lys Alana Huntmaster: create an extra Elf for every Elf you cast.
- Natural State/Nature's Claim/Naturalize/Tribute to the Wild: some artifact/enchantment removal.
- Lignify/Song of the Dryads: perfect way to get rid of indestructible permanents.
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary: nice way to give you some extra draw. The green mana required for that shouldn't be a problem in this deck.
Hope this helps your deck. Have fun playing.
1 month ago
Just a thought: Lys Alana Huntmaster can do the job of a Phantasmal Image copying the Nettle Sentinel, allowing you to net 3 mana per 1 mana elf you play. The pro is that it gives you another tutor, the con is obviously that it costs more and doesn't have the ability to copy something else. What do you think about that?
1 month ago
I would change the format to modern as this isnt standard. Secondly, go all in on elves. Elvish Champion Imperious Perfect Masked Admirers Sylvan Messenger Lys Alana Huntmaster Reclamation Sage Gilt-Leaf Ambush. If you can afford to get good green/black lands you can open up a world of good carda like Thornbow Archer Shaman of the Pack Prowess of the Fair Elves of Deep Shadow Eyeblight's Ending Nameless Inversion
2 months ago
I have no idea why you want to UG. Blue offers next to nothing for elves. Lead the Stampede is a better melody, as is Collected Company (a bit expensive there. Remand is kind of useless to keep up mana for when you could be playing more elves. Momir does not really do muc with only Oracle as your UG creature. Plasm capture is just too expensive and double blue is really hard to achieve in your deck. Snake druid is cool, but there are a lot of other effects that can draw you cards that do not require the use of blue.
I would suggest to cut every blue card and land, then add 4 forests. Additionally, cards like Channelers and Viridian Zealot and even Prefect are a bit too situational. This will free up 32 slots.
2 more mana elves in the form of 2 Arbor Elf will be pretty good. 4 Lead the Stampede and 4 Sylvan Messenger generate a ton of card advantage. 4 Dwynen's Elite for massing up some elves. The other 8 cards depend on you:
2 months ago
I really like Whirler Rogue as a token generator and something to make your buffed up stuff unblockable. Cultivator of Blades is a great elf that makes tokens and pumps your team for massive swings. I'm not a huge fan of one-off effects like Strength in Numbers in edh, Dragon Throne of Tarkir is a great repeatable version of the effect that goes much better with Ezuri's ability. Lys Alana Huntmaster and Wirewood Hivemaster both generate tokens off of each elf you play. Gyre Sage and Viridian Joiner are some great mana dorks that can generate huge amounts of mana once pumped up with Ezuri. I don't really like Lightning Greaves in Ezuri because it turns off your ability to buff the creature it's attached to, but it's probably just good enough for letting your mana dorks tap for mana on the turn you play them. Lifecrafter's Bestiary is a great way to draw cards off of all the cheap elves in your deck. If you don't mind infect, Viridian Corrupter is basically a strictly better version of Viridian Shaman, and doubles as a win condition. Your deck feels a bit light on draw. Some great tribal draw engines are Kindred Discovery and Distant Melody. In addition, Fathom Mage is a great draw engine with Ezuri.
Sorry if this was a bit of an incoherent ramble. If you'd like, check out my Ezuri list (We're Gonna Need a LOT of Dice) for more inspiration. In addition, I'm working on an elfball Ezuri list. Once it's done I'll post it here so you can check out a deck more like this one.
2 months ago
For some budget updates, id add; Reclamation Sage for removal $0.25 each, Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen for life gain and stat boosts $0.60 each, Essence Warden for life gain $0.77 each, Lys Alana Huntmaster for token spamming $0.20 each
more costly updatesEzuri, Renegade Leader for regen and possible game winning $5.00,
4 months ago
Thanks for all the suggestions! Elvish Mystic is a quite obvious pick indeed. As for Reclamation Sage and Elvish Visionary, I really don't want to decrease the number of warriors too much since it would limit Bramblewood Paragon's effect; Elvish Visionary is neat though, think I'll put it in the maybeboard and make some tests.
I added 2 Gruul Turf for now since I don't have enough budget to afford other dual rares. The same goes for Ezuri, it's reaally expensive so I hope 1 will be effective enough.
At the moment I'm considering these changes:
+2 other instants (same as above, don't know exactly which ones)
+1 Hunting Triad to compensate the token production