|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
((W/U) can be paid with either (White) or (Blue).)
Whenever a player plays a noncreature spell, counter that spell. That player puts X 1/1 white and blue Bird creature tokens with flying into play, where X is the spell's converted mana cost.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||Wolfebladeelite , MyTotoro , angesoir , Forkbeard , miracle , sonnet666 , TheRealPeaches , Lindough , Nemesis , MrCrazzyc , machiavelli2081 , zachi|
3 weeks ago
Firstly, I love the approach of the deck. Dovescape makes for the ultimate lock-down, so let's focus on that as your win-con and revolve the deck around it.
Don't be afraid to include non-creature spells because of this, remember, that your non-creature spells are just going to turn into doves late-game anyways; use this to your advantage.
I agree with most of musicalsocks's suggestions, however:
DO NOT RUN Kindred Discovery, IT WILL KILL YOU!
- Beastmaster Ascension and True Conviction will give you a huge advantage over your opponents in Dove Vs. Dove combat, if not, they will provide more doves for the Dove God.
4 weeks ago
The Talisman of Dominance mistake was a dumb mistake on my part, I have put it in most of my decks (as Ive been brewing with Esper) and just didnt think
Dovescape is in here as a finisher of sorts, it essentially makes my enchantments immortal and I can create a copious amounts of bird, I just love the card itself so I am a bit biased lol
As for Oblivion Ring I have 3 cards that do basically the same thing in the deck, but with more upsides to them then O ring does (Grasp of Fate is amazing)
However I cannot turn down Cyclonic Rift, Teferi's Protection (as it has gone down by half in price since I last looked), Leyline of Anticipation, Propaganda is a bit iffy as I already have Ghostly Prison I just think its uneeded. I also will include Solemn Simulacrum, I regret trading my copy away :(
4 weeks ago
Hey there! Nice deck! I have some general suggestions for you:
- While not particularly "on-theme", Cyclonic Rift is absolutely amazing, and belongs in pretty much every Blue EDH deck out there.
- Likewise, Teferi's Protection belongs in pretty much every White deck out there.
- Propaganda is also very effective at annoying your opponents and just being a generally good enchantment.
- Oblivion Ring can eliminate troublesome threats for you.
- I like Solemn Simulacrum in all of my non-Green decks, it ramps you, it chump blocks, and it replaces itself, what's not to like?
- Fact or Fiction is excellent card "draw".
- I know you said you were only looking at cheaper cards, but Idyllic Tutor is very good at getting you your utility enchantments.
- Likewise, Leyline of Anticipation can allow you to sneak in an Oblivion Ring, Greater Auramancy, or the like to surprise your opponents.
That's pretty much it for suggestions, now I have a few cards I would recommend cutting:
- I'm not the biggest fan of Dovescape, as it affects you too.
- I likewise don't care for Aura Thief, as you have to find a way to kill it before it becomes useful.
- Talisman of Dominance actually isn't legal in your deck, as it has a Blue/Black color identity.
In any case, nice job you did here! Hope this helps!
1 month ago
There are a bunch of cards that focus on hosing a certain mechanic. Kamigawa block was pretty bad for this, with a number of cards that only interact with spirits (Hisoka's Defiance, Kitsune Diviner, Nine-Ringed Bo, Rend Spirit). Other sets have situation counters to set-specific mechanics, and might be worth including.
Wood Elemental is one of the worst creatures ever printed. There are also a number of common Legendary creatures from one of the really old sets--they are vanilla creatures, with absurdly high casting costs, and mediocre stats.
Granted, the above cards are not just legendarily bad, but neigh unplayable.
I think your deck could be made even worse with Karona-based synergies. There are a number of cards which grant your opponents creatures of a certain tribe. You could cast a card like Dovescape, and give your opponent's the ability to spawn large numbers of flying 1/1s, which Karona could boost to 4/4s.
As an aside, I find Karona one of the more fascinating cards ever printed, and have a commander deck built around her. That said, she really is a terrible, terrible card, that requires way too much effort to make worthwhile. Truly the perfect pick for this deck's commander.
1 month ago
with so many enchantments, how about Enduring Ideal shell? Also add Hive Mind, Paradox Haze in that case. Are protective enchantment out of budget (Enchanted Evening, Greater Auramancy)? Maybe Guile for combo with Dovescape and Reverence so only your birds can attack. Humility if you go more creatureless route.
1 month ago
32 Lands has actually ran pretty well for me, if I run into problems Ill look into adding a few more low cost mana rocks as you suggested.
Consecrated Sphinx instead of Drogskol Reaver seems like a really good swap however Sphinx rarely last a full turn in my play group, Drogskol draws a bit less aggro and so lets me draw a bit more, I might swap to play test though
I originally had Mana Vault in but thats currently in another deck, I do like Thought Vessel though so I might throw that in, however I cant take out Darksteel Ingot, as my play group runs a lot of boardwipes and removal so having an indestructible rock is really good.
Aven Mindcensor sounds way better actually, ill make that swap.
I had actually considered swapping Witchbane Orb for Winter Orb, but I dont have many way to untap my land either then, Ive had my opponents find ways that I cant really use (such as using sword of feast and famine and so on) Witchbane Orb is also there for all the target spells my play group runs still iffy on it but i might give it ago.
Thank you so much for all the suggestions though, ill give them a try and see how it goes!