|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature can't be blocked.
Whenever enchanted creature attacks, scry 1.
Aqueous Form Discussion
6 days ago
BelugaWhale217 I'd personally cut the following:
Cryptolith Fragment Flip and the 3 Cluestones - I'd opt for the Talismans instead (e.g. Talisman of Dominance since the hit the battlefield 1 turn earlier and doesn't ETB tapped (in the case of Fragment).
Sigiled Starfish - Scry 1 ain't as impactful if the intent is to help manipulate the top of your library. I'd play Scroll Rack if you've access to the card. Penance is also a great hidden gem as it allows you to return bombs you drew from your hand to the top of the library for Yennett to do her magic.
Aqueous Form - Am assuming the intent is to enchant Yennett with this. However, with Flying and Menace, most players will have difficulty blocking her. Once again, Scry 1 doesn't allow you to dig deep into the top of your library.
My humble 2 cents, hope these helps. While we took the deck in a different direction, you can check out some of my card choices as well. Cheers.
1 week ago
Suggestions: Hanna, Ship's Navigator Sun Titan Helm of the Gods Shield of the Oversoul Ancestral Mask Corrupted Conscience Oblivion Ring (lol) Stasis Snare ? Verduran Enchantress Counterspell Negate Spirit Mantle Aqueous Form Cast Out
2 weeks ago
If you're still interested in running mill, cards that effect every opponent are your friend. Also, Phenax, God of Deception and Consuming Aberration are your best friends. Combine Aberration with Aqueous Form for those moments when there's Eldrazi in the equation, as the other players don't lose by deckout until their turn happens (barring "tactical scooping" being a thing in your playgroup).
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
You don’t need more onedrops. I actually recommend cutting some in favor of more single target removal. Also, Doomsday , Slip Through Space and its family, Aqueous Form , and more ways to make creatures unblockable.
Jaecen on Animar Sec
1 month ago
I've categorized the cards in your deck here: https://deckstats.net/decks/50753/1215572-animar
The following analysis is based on that categorization. Several cards are in more than one category, so I've categorized them based on their primary or common case. E.g. Ancient Animus is both "Removal" and "+1/+1 Counter Interaction", but you're going to cast it to kill something -- the +1/+1 counter is a nice bonus.
There's no explicit or stated goals of the deck, so I can't evaluate the cards against that. If you have a goal, let me know.
The core effect of Animar is to play creatures, which grows Animar. As Animar grows, he helps you play more (and more expensive) creatures. Some notable limitations:
- Animar only decreases colorless costs
- Animar only cares about creatures
- Animar only cares about casting creatures
Animar is cheap to cast and protects himself from most removal (due to his protection from Black and White). Because of this, we can assume that we will get him out early and keep him out long enough for him to provide benefit. We'll build the deck assuming Animar is on the battlefield at all times.
Since Animar reduces the colorless component of creature costs, we'll get the biggest benefit from colorless creatures. As with any unlimited cost reduction effect, we should look for ways to break the free case. The obvious one here is to bounce and recast colorless creatures for free.
Since we're playing all of these (hopefully free) creatures, Animar will grow quickly. Giving Animar good evasion will give us to win on commander damage quickly.
To best abuse Animar, we want:
- Many creatures across a range of mid to high colorless costs
- As many of those creatures in our hand as possible
- An many +1/+1 counters on Animar as soon as possible
- A means to make Animar unblockable
The easiest way to break Animar is to create an engine that casts colorless creatures and bounces them to your hand as many times as possible during a turn. We'll want ETB/LTB effects on those creatures and cards that care about creatures entering and leaving the battlefield. Additionally, we'll want cards that care about +1/+1 counters on a creature.
Favor creatures over non-creatures, as you get a discount on creatures. Try to keep colored costs to a minimum - avoid double or more colors in a cost.
Abusable Colorless Creatures:
- Myr Battlesphere creates four Myr tokens
- Precursor Golem creates two 3/3 tokens
- Artisan of Kozilek reanimates a creature
- Duplicant exiles a creature
- Anodet Lurker and Peace Strider gain three life
- Electrostatic Pummeler and Multiform Wonder give three engergy
- Reservoir Walker gains three life and gives three enery
- Grim Poppet gives three -1/-1 counters to put on something
- Meteor Golem destroys something
- Mirror Golem exiles a card from a graveyard
- Pierce Strider drains three life from an opponent
- Skyscanner draws a card
- Mindless Automaton draws a card via a +1/+1 counter interaction
- Solemn Simulacrum tutors a basic land into play
- Thought-Knot Seer can effectively mill and oppenent with ETB and LTB triggers
- Triskelion deals damage via a +1/+1 counter interaction
- Workhorse grants colorless mana via a +1/+1 counter interaction
- Oblivion Sower steals lands from your opponents deck
- Panharmonicon !!!
- Cream of the Crop
- Decoction Module
- Impact Tremors
- Leyline of Vitality
- Hardened Scales
- Simic Ascendancy
- Path of Discovery
- Warstorm Surge
- Wild Pair
- Herald of Secret Streams
- Thassa, God of the Sea
- Whispersilk Cloak
- Protective Bubble
- Aqueous Form
- Keeper of Keys
- Key to the City
- Passwall Adept
- Rogue's Passage
- Aether Tunnel
- Cloak of Mists
- Suspicious Bookcase
- Marchesa's Smuggler
- Tricks of the Trade
We'll want to get as many creatures down as quickly as we can. Card draw and other card advantage effects are valuable.
- Vizier of the Menagerie
- Sunbird's Invocation
- Stolen Strategy
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter
- Garruk's Horde
- Descendants' Path
- Elvish Visionary
- Fierce Empath
- Wall of Blossoms
Changes to the Existing Cards
I would consider cutting way down on the amount of ramp. Mana dorks get the deck running early, but they don't have any synergy with the core effects. I suspect that's what was leaving you feeling like you had a dead hand.
Cards that seem particularly problematic:
- Wild Cantor . Requires a sac for effect. Doesn't get cost reduction. A dork that taps for mana would be better.
- Tinder Wall . Same as Wild Cantor sans the cost reduction bit.
- Vivid Creek and Vivid Crag . These both ETB tapped, don't have basic land types, and only provide off-color mana twice. If would strongly consider running Amonkhet cycling duals over these.
- Ancient Ziggurat . Be careful, as this mana can only be used for casting creature spells. I don't like this land in most decks.
- Bond Beetle . I have no idea why this is in here. It works once and has very little synergy with the deck. Verdurous Gearhulk would be better, but still not great.
- Green Sun's Zenith . I think a cheaper card that tutored to hand and then let you cast the card would be better, as you'd get the cost reduction effect and other synergies. No cards come to mind, but there are lots that look at the top X cards and tutor to hand ( Gift of the Gargantuan , etc.).
1 month ago
1 month ago
Hi there! My Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow is part ninja tribal, part topdeck matters, and it is aggresive enough to win turn 5-6 (no infinite combos). Goal of the deck is to show fat cmc cards from the top with Yuriko or other ninjas (or creature type shenanigans) and kill the table with Yuriko's ability.
To kill the table, you need to have 3 triggers and tutor 3 cards. Insidious Dreams is the best way to tutor. Some combination of Lim-Dul's Vault Mystical Tutor Vampiric Tutor Personal Tutor Imperial Seal and Brainstorm Scroll Rack
Note that most of those can and should be played instant speed with yuriko triggers already on the stack. You tutor for: Commit / Memory Temporal Trespass Blinkmoth Infusion Draco Treasure Cruise Draco and Blinkmoth Infusion should go last, unless you go for the win, as they are unplayable. 30 damage to each opp with just 2 triggers is really fun.
Out Aqueous Form
I want to increase ninja number >> higher damage output and swapping Okiba-Gang Shinobi with Ninja of the Deep Hours - draw is better, than discard.
Also corrected custom categories.
1.3 Moar ninjas, less draw, replaced one xtra turn with Time Warp
1.4 Added more interaction, maximized my top CMC spells, added some expensive proxy cards.
Aqueous Form occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%