|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Descend upon the Sinful
Exile all creatures.
Delirium — Put a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying onto the battlefield if there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (27)||Caldazar , Mousemke , Wolfebladeelite , DudeMan1031 , Clawsun73 , gildan_bladeborn , Forkbeard , pskinn01 , mymanpotsandpans , Supremespeed , TheAlmostHero , Swamy , GeminiSpartanX , MattN7498 , jhTheMan99 , TheRealPeaches , Spinalripper , EdenGardenz , rikertchu , RedSinR , Lindough , ThisIsBullshit , Rez09 , plof , Atroxreaper , ecurps , GoldGhost012|
Descend upon the Sinful Discussion
4 days ago
You may also want to consider using board wipes that exile instead of destroy in the case of indestructible creatures with hex proof and/ or giving -X/-X.
Here's a few cards to consider:
2 weeks ago
Thanks for commenting! I'll go through each of your suggestions.
Emeria, The Sky Ruin is probably not what this deck wants. I plan on steering towards more of a land destruction route with Armageddon and Cataclysm, and without Crucible of Worlds due to budgetary restrictions, I don't think I can effectively use it. Also, there's only nine Plains in the deck, which is not enough to trigger it reliably. I run Emeria in another monowhite deck of mine and still rarely get to trigger it.
Phyrexian Rebirth is pretty comparable to Descend upon the Sinful in my list. I might exchange them and test to see how powerful a gigantic Horror will be, but I'm thinking the exiling and evasion DutS gives me might be more valuable. Plus I have it in foil.
Sensei's Divining Top has been added to my maybeboard. I guess its price dropped since the last time I tried to get one, so I can afford it now. I would absolutely have considered it before.
1 month ago
Sure, I'll add in Descend upon the Sinful, and I don't mind sending first. I'll get everything together tonight and get it in the mail tomorrow after work. Since I haven't traded on here before, how do people typically send each other their addresses?
1 month ago
I don't know if I missed it, but how are you playing Descend upon the Sinful with no white mana?
1 month ago
Pros in Mardu1. Manaless Reanimate every turn2. Haste3. ETB triggers
Cons in Mardu1. Exile as a cost2. Creatures become 4/4 (weaker)3. Does not synergize with other reanimate cards (liliana and refurbish) due to con 14. Dead draw with one in play
The cons are the reason i have backed them out of the deck. I would rather reanimate with refurbish and lili than G-PG bc they dont get exiled and come in full power.
Consider...Turn 4 GPG, reanimate combustible to a 4/4(normally a 6/6) and if you attack you utilize the haste, if not, you exiled a creature to bring it back weaker. Well, what comes available turn 5? Sweepers. Even if you play a sweeper, you cannot reanimate that creature again. If the game turns into a chessmatch (like vs control) youve lost the resource for good (remember you only have 12* creatures). Also consider that the creature is a token and for 1 measly blue mana, Unsummon... feels bad.
Compare...Turn 4 refurbish on combustible. No option for haste but still an option for damage. Hes a 6/6. So turn 5 sweeper hits. Our turn 5 can be lili for the reanimate and ETB again! Currently no SWEEPER exiles (now that Descend upon the Sinful rotated) and only one deals more than 5 damage (Star of Extinction heavy cost) so he is significantly harder to kill. Unsummon? Recast or dump into gy again. What about Abrade? Same as with sweeper, it gea to gy for turn 5 lili reanimate and second etb... feels better!
Side notesI like GPG a lot! Just not in mardu. I have an Esper (WUB) reanimator im finishing up that uses creatures like Angel of Invention with fabricate. GPG them in as a 4/4 tack on their fabricate counters and generally you have a 6/6 haste with some tricks... feels better that way.
1 month ago
Gotta echo the hate for Overflowing Insight. It deserves it.
Eternity Vessel also sucks.
on Life Sap 2.0
1 month ago
Hey there! Welcome to EDH! I have a few suggestions for you:
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation is strong, but also very, very annoying for your opponents. It's quite possible that you'll be targeted just to get Kambal to go away. I might recommend just switching to a Karlov of the Ghost Council deck, and keeping Kambal as part of the 99.
- One of Black/White's greatest strengths is its access to cheap removal, yet a lot of your removal spells cost 4 mana or more. Here are a few options that are a lot cheaper to cast: Oust, Condemn, Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, Tragic Slip, Doom Blade, Go for the Throat, Hero's Downfall, Unmake, Mortify, etc.
- Phyrexian Arena is absolutely amazing at drawing you cards, and belongs in every Black deck ever.
- Crested Sunmare is just hilarious.
- Solemn Simulacrum ramps you and draws you cards. What's not to love?
- Beacon of Immortality looks fun.
- Ajani, Caller of the Pride can be a win condition if he lasts long enough.
- I would recommend some number of board wipes, as that's one of White's greatest strengths. Options range from the 3-mana-but-life-draining Toxic Deluge, to the standard 4-mana Day of Judgment and Wrath of God, through the 5-mana choices like End Hostilities and Planar Outburst, and up to 6-mana cards like Descend upon the Sinful and Merciless Eviction. I'd recommend running 3 to 6 board wipes total.
I unfortunately have to go work on something else now, but I wish you the best of luck/skill with your deck! Enjoy!
2 months ago
The umbra cards are fantastic for sigarda. She is already really hard to take out with hexproof and anti-sacrifice, making boardwipes and blocking the only way to take her out. Totem armor gives her pseudo-indestructible which makes her a serious pain to deal with, and aside from Descend upon the Sinful and Final Judgement there isn't really a way to remove her at that point