|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Future Sight (FUT)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Wrap in Vigor
Regenerate each creature you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Wrap in Vigor Discussion
2 days ago
These are the cards above 10 dollars and what to include instead:
- Exploration can be changed for Burgeoning, but Exploration is more explosive since it lets you also cast a one mana creature on turn one and attack with it on turn two, drawing a card.
- Temporal Manipulation can be changed for Part the Waterveil
- Time Warp is very importart, I would recommend you buying it (I'm saving for Capture of Jingzhou since 5 mana take a turn are crucial for going off), but if you are short on money Temporal Trespass may do the trick
- Gaea's Cradle can be replaced with Boreal Druid. Don't use Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, since it is too slow. Remember to take out Crop Rotation
- Flusterstorm can be replaced with some other cheap counterspell, maybe Mana Leak, Disdainful Stroke or Swan Song (beware: the bird token blocking your flying creatures is very annoying)
- Force of Will can be replaced with Foil, specially since you will have more basics by taking out fetches. Abjure is another good option.
- Chrome Mox, Mana Crypt and Mana Crypt: fast mana is really important for this deck, maybe Elvish Spirit Guide can replace one, also try Druids' Repository and Nature's Will (specially if there is stax in your meta.
Regarding the mana base, just take of all the fetches, shocks and Cavern of Souls (its not that important) and replace them with duals lands that come into place untapped, like Reflecting Pool and Exotic Orchard (this is very important). If you don't find lands that come into play untapped, just play basics, a high basic land count its actually a good thing since Elvish Pioneer on turn one is one of your more explosive hands (it lets you cast Edric on turn two and attack with a creature).
This is a very "all in" version of the deck. Maybe a budget friendly version could try to be more resilient and run cards like Coastal Piracy, Bident of Thassa and more ways of protecting your creatures from wrath effects, Wrap in Vigor, Chasm Skulker, Hangarback Walker, Whisperwood Elemental, Foundry of the Consuls, Faerie Conclave are just some that come to mind.
This deck started as a budget one, and it did very well then :) it does improve with expensive cards, but not as much as you would think.
Best of luck! Upload yours when you build it and let me know of the results.
1 week ago
Hello guys, thanks for the video and decklist! I have some questions about the deck for you:
1) have you playtested the list? If yes, at the kitchen table or at an FNM's level?
3) desn't Decimator of the Provinces risk to become akward more time than not? It gives a good Craterhoof Behemoth impression, but in a deck without Elvish Archdruid or Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx we need to tap out with all our lands and mana dorks, thus reducing or even negating its anthem effect. Am i wrong? That said, it is still a 7/7 hasty trampler: nothing to scoff at.
1 week ago
2 months ago
Why Arbor Elf? You have no "special" forests nor enchantments to boost mana in which to untap for extra gain. The mana dorks (and rocks) in general (except Smokebraider) seem odd additions due to Omnath wanting you to drop lands. Why not more instants/sorceries to put lands on the field? Early game they'll get you to Omnath faster and late game they make elementals. Mana dorks may accelerate in beginning but can get wiped away and are subpar late.
I'd highly suggest more protection for Omnath because he's a magnet for removal. Swiftfoot Boots, Darksteel Plate, Bear Umbra, Boar Umbra, Snake Umbra, Spider Umbra, Archetype of Endurance, Wrap in Vigor, or Resuscitate all help him stick around longer.
In my build I was all in on making tokens with him. 1/5 of the deck was ramp spells alone. Two of the few elementals I included was Obsidian Fireheart (his burn ability doesn't go away even if he does) and Liege of the Tangle (we're already going to have lots of lands so might as well let them smash face too).
Haste for your elementals to immediately hit is wise too (get some value now in case a wipe is coming). Fervor, Hammer of Purphoros (good w Titania too), Fires of Yavimaya, Concordant Crossroads or Mass Hysteria fit the bill.
Hope something helped!
2 months ago
Apologies on suggesting a couple you already had, escaped my eye, but glad a few might help!
2 months ago
Hey I'd just like to add that your instants could be upgraded:
I personally think Disallow is just bananas and would include it if possible.
Also I'd probably go for Living Death, Retribution of the Meek and/or Dusk / Dawn over Aphetto Dredging, Kindred Dominance and Creeping Renaissance. Is Kodama's Reach worth the slot here with so few basics?
3 months ago
I am abroad for a month so I don't have idea what the actual meta could be. I put Reclamation Sage and I was thinking about Choke,Creeping Corrosion, Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen, Joraga Warcaller, Thragtusk and Wrap in Vigor
4 months ago
So if you want to protect and lock the opponent down, that is a Prison deck.
The combo you have shuts off combat damage, but not for long. Lots of decks pack burn spells, generic removal that hits scepter, or don't attack on a combat damage axis is the issue.
When the premier dumb beater in the format is Tarmogoyf, you are outclassed in creature terms. If you want to lock people with Scepter, there are better spells like Silence or removal. If you want to be a lock deck, there are better lock pieces etc