|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||None|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Uncommon|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Premium Deck Series: Slivers (PDS)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Vivid Creek enters the battlefield tapped with two charge counters on it.
: Add to your mana pool.
, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Creek: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (24)||plof , Friedrice24 , frederiklw , thekingpinBR , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , Mousemke , , GoldGhost012 , fireborne1986 , bakunet , , angesoir , Reliva , releasethedogs , Slowbro23 , Gyraxis , XxCataclysmiCxX , itheoryz , mandoso , ahobrien , goodair , AlbinoLion , techneil , PTsmitty|
|Want (50)||spacemonaut , LurchenGamer , Sergal , Sethifide , failurechild88 , MAGESTIC_LLAMA , Turtlelover73 , PyRoTheLifeLess , morethanmediocrity , samuelianstorm , Gryffix , xXThormentXx , RedMulligan , thefinalstair , meren13 , vaxizoq , vaerth , releasethedogs , zgriffin1989 , gogaline24 , ItaPuma , Talonisnthavingit , bpm4 , ztanos , DeifiedExile , AureliasBestFriend777 , Pogo0o , Kineverence , Snipe508 , Exo-TheGamingCuber , Lordaether , 10000turtles , pelzee , Thotny , Jspeed , Theokrit , zephyrmoth , yeoldsmithy , oswrick , TwoInchWonder14 , Drakuir , jamiefosternz , supercthulhu , JannieB , TheDwarvenAxe , SleepySushi , kungfurabbi , Archmage_Aramil , Raboni , bjorn98|
Vivid Creek Discussion
5 days ago
The Vivid Lands (Vivid Creek etc) and Shards' and Khans' block Trilands (Arcane Sanctum etc) are always what I go to when I gotta build a 5-color mana base. They are dirt cheap and very effective for making sure that you got access to all your colors. The old standard 5-color control decks of Lorwyn/Shadowmoor era were playing Cloudthreshers and Cruel Ultimatums in the same deck, thanks to the Vivid Lands combined with Reflecting Pool. That's a quadruple green spell combined with UUBBBRR mana cost and really is a testament to those lands' power.
Rednad on Inalla EDH
3 weeks ago
Vor heutiger UG-Runde ein wenig Manafixing (32>35 Länder)
3 weeks ago
Some changes incoming, deciding on removals.
1 month ago
Token generators for protection from attacks:Talrand, Sky Summoner and Docent of Perfection Flip i would say are must haves, Metallurgic Summonings, Goblinslide, Young Pyromancer,Murmuring Mystic, Dragonmaster Outcast,are also good token makers.
Mana ramping for casting more: Seething Song, Mana Geyser, Brass's Bounty i think are must haves since they're all sorcery/instant so they can be effected by your commander to cast for less. Chandra, Torch of Defiance is a another good planeswalker to get mana and now you can have both planeswalkers out with the updated rules from August. You should add Vivid Creek to go with your vivid crag.
Other cards to lower casting costs: Primal Amulet Flip is a must since it lowers cost of ins/sorc and then it transforms when you want to get a land that can copy a spell. Arcane Melee, Seal of the Guildpact, Ruby Medallion,Sapphire Medallion,Jace's Sanctum are also nice.
Cards that damage opponents: Electrostatic Field and Sphinx-Bone Wand i think are must haves since they deal damage for every inst/sorc casted. Banefire, Devil's Play are great since they have the (x) in the cmc which is great for mizzix since it counts towards what you want (x) to be and you can always get an extra counter for mizzex.
Merchant Scroll is a decent tutor
Great staples: Charmbreaker Devils is a must have for the returning of inst/sorc alone. Crackling Drake can get huge power. Hypersonic Dragon casting sorcery at instant speed is great. Structural Collapse destroy a land and deal damage, and if copy it, who wouldn't want that, besides your enemies of coarse.
Wincons: Reiterate + Turnabout and Grand Architect + Pili-Pala are infinite mana combos, add Past in Flames or any damage cards with (x) in it and its deadly. Enter the Infinite is nice to get your combo's. Harness by Force is great to steal your opponents creatures then attack them with it, it also gets affected by mizzix so if you have enough counters itll cost 2 red mana and 1red mana for each extra creature.
Hope these suggestions help.
1 month ago
At first glance, the first thing I'd suggest is to add in Silent-Blade Oni. That card is super cool, and it does exactly what your deck wants to do. The only bad point is the cmc, but it does have Ninjutsu, if that changes anything. Also, Baleful Strix. It's a fantastic staple in any UB deck.
Quicksand and Saprazzan Skerry are also some lands I'd cut; I'd suggest maybe Sunken Ruins or Dimir Aqueduct over Skerry, maybe even add one or both of the vivid lands for your colors (Vivid Marsh/Vivid Creek).
Thaumatic Compass Flip, I'd say, is a great upgrade to Quicksand. Maybe switch Dimir Locket for Thaumatic Compass, and switch Quicksand for, say, Command Tower, Temple of Deceit, or Reliquary Tower. I'd also cut Rhystic Cave - maybe replace it with Exotic Orchard or Forbidden Orchard.
Morphic Pool, too, might be good to add, but that's sorta dependent on your playgroup.
2 months ago
Hi! Looks like a sweet start to a Merfolk deck (a deck I've wanted to build myself for quite a while)! Here are some recommendations:
- Seafloor Oracle is a pretty powerful card draw engine when you can get it online early
- Merfolk Mistbinder is another 2-mana lord
- Forerunner of the Heralds and Merrow Harbinger are good tutors
- Tatyova, Benthic Druid is just a good card in Commander, and the fact that she's a merfolk is just an added bonus
- Murkfiend Liege, Seedborn Muse, and Paradox Engine help you activate Kumena's abilities many times in a turn cycle.
- Surgespanner can be a house, bouncing tons of permanents each turn, as you can tap it for free
- Cryptolith Rite is good ramp and a strong "tap outlet"
- Lightning Greaves is good at protecting Kumena or any other powerful creature you may have
- Kodama's Reach should be in every green deck
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip can make a ton of mana, and helps you dig towards your creatures as well.
- Beast Within is an extremely powerful removal spell
- Treetop Village and Lumbering Falls; manlands are so much worse in Commander than in 60-card formats
- Remote Isle; blue and green have better ways to draw cards than cycling away your lands
- Vivid Creek and Vivid Grove; green has much better mana fixing
- Bioshift doesn't really do anything
- Tideshaper Mystic is the same; cutting one opponent off of mana doesn't do much, and 1/1s for 1 that die to board wipes are mediocre at best.
- World Shaper isn't really where you want to be; you don't have a ton of graveyard synergies
- River's Rebuke isn't my favorite board wipe in Commander, even in blue/green. I'd play Devastation Tide instead.
- Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep just does too little for 10 mana. If you're spending 10 mana on a single card, that card should be winning you the game.
- Talrand, Sky Summoner, as you don't have a ton of spell synergies
- True-Name Nemesis is good, but mainly in Legacy. In Commander, a 3/1 that just one player can't interact with is bad.
- Shapers of Nature is a decent mana sink, but I think you'd rather just be doing something else with your mana.
Hope this helps! If you'd like me to explain some of my choices more, or if you want help on another deck, feel free to leave a comment on my profile, and I'll take a look as soon as I can!
2 months ago
There are a few pieces you might be missing here.
First off, the one oath that you're missing: Oath of Jace
And finally, the planeswalkers you may have missed. Sorin, Lord of Innistrad creates tokens with the + and the ultimate is devastating. For the creatures that you have, Ajani, Mentor of Heroes is insane. Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants does the same thing as Mentor of Heroes, but eventually gives you another kind of token. Aminatou, the Fateshifter and Deepglow Skate. Garruk Wildspeaker is some lovely ramp. Jace Beleren is card draw and can gain you some early-game allies. Jace, Architect of Thought is a little protection for the walkers. Jace, Unraveler of Secrets + is an Opt. Kaya, Ghost Assassin is a nice swiss army knife. Teferi, Hero of Dominaria is just the best. Venser, the Sojourner is insane with Deepglow Skate, or if you get Djeru, With Eyes Open it's just the best thing.
2 months ago
Buddy, maybe you should try lands that tap for 3 or more colors to cast your colored spells properly. Vivid Grove, Vivid Meadow, Vivid Creek and Vivid Marsh all synergize with counters theme. Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse often find your missing colors. Seaside Citadel, Arcane Sanctum, Opulent Palace are also too good to pass. Opal Palace is also an all-star here, because it can give Atraxa +1/+1 counters, so she can proliferate herself and get huge right away. You also should be at 38 lands, because your deck has some high mana costs. You often will find yourself mana screwed with so few lands.