|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Captain Lannery Storm
Legendary Creature — Human Pirate
Whenever Captain Lannery Storm attacks, create a colorless Treasure artifact token with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."
Whenever you sacrifice a Treasure, Captain Lannery Storm gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||GoldGhost012 , dekayd747 , Fighter_7 , Vasbear1 , Hakira , Skulldrey , damo_rox , Spinalripper , duff87 , NixterFenix , Epidilius , predation , Fineontheoutside , Orypool , Zelpoke , saj0219 , philktoken8998 , Lander , firemind12 , LeroyJones , teslacoil7992|
|Want (13)||greeny448 , Talonisnthavingit , Hakira , bolke , LeahStormsFury , Der_Schwarzritter , wkerswell , dmage105 , SabertoothPuppy , Lythia , MirrorMountain , PopeJonIII , AntiheroFOREVER|
Captain Lannery Storm Discussion
2 weeks ago
Annexus I'm playing the Fungal Infection mainboard rather then vraska's due to the little one drops in game right now. If they swing with a 2/2 like Captain Lannery Storm, Fungel infection breaks that off with a -1/-1 and a free saproling. or if i need an extra sac for either the Demon of Catastrophes or Rite of Belzenlok
1 month ago
You should try Captain Lannery Storm over Ahn-Crop Crasher, the Captain spits out treasure which is really good at accelerating you into Glorybringer on turn 4 or you can just leave it up for Shock before combat damage. Also that treasure turns on Unlicensed Disintegration which is really good removal. Throw in a few Heart of Kiran over Gifted Aetherborn that double black is hard on turn 2. Move the Doomfall to the sideboard go down one Lightning Strike or Abrade for 2Unlicensed Disintegration.
2 months ago
2 months ago
- Heart-Piercer Manticore could replace Fling in the Ravenous Intruder plan just cos it's better in a vacuum and does the job almost as well.
- Captain Lannery Storm probably does a better job of ramping on turn 3 but Hazoret's Monument could be a nice 1 or 2 of as it ramps you into all of your payoffs (besides Sunbird's Invocation) and fixes your draws in the late game.
- Fight with Fire is the sideboard hate of choice for Lyra Dawnbringer and in this deck could be a payoff for your ramp in a pinch (not to mention lyra and Settle the Wreckage usually go together)
- if you're not too attached to the Ravenous Intruder combo Brass's Bounty Reckless Fireweaver is a fun alternative that works well with sunbird's invocation.
3 months ago
Allright, this is the test build to try out running Jaya's Immolating Inferno
i run 5 legends mainboard, this gives a probability of ~72% to draw 1 of them in my first 13 cards.(7 opening hand +3for turns two to four, +3 in turn five for The Flame of Keld on turn four.)That might be a bit low, well see. if it is to low to often i will add Captain Lannery Storm raising the probability to ~79%. i think she is more useful in this deck then Pia Nalaar would be.
took out Siege-Gang Commander just to high on the curve, the plan is to win on turn 5, or come close to winning at least.took out Goblin Barrage this cards needs redundant pieces to be worth playing, there are none left in this deck....i think Skirk Prospector has to go as well for the same reasons as barrage.took out 1 mountain.
3 months ago
3 months ago
Ok, this deck seems infused with a whole lot of cards that kind of all have their own strategies. Now, dont get me wrong, theres some synergies, but I would try to focus the deck a bit more. Now, your above comment. In this deck, Captain Lannery Storm is much better. She can do cool stuff on her own, while Hallar, the Firefletcher needs lots of kicker cards to function right, and seeing as you have almost none... you need to drop Hallar in this deck, and find something else. If you want to build a deck around Hallar, though, you can look at mine for inspiration: Dominaria Kicker.
3 months ago
So as a heads up, I don't really keep up on standard but i will give suggestions that I think fit your theme and combo nicely with ideas you already have. I also don't know your budget so I'm just gonna put whatever cards I think fit the bill.
- I would drop Captain Lannery Storm and Hallar, the Firefletcher. You have no other way of creating treasure tokens and only 3 total spells with kicker costs and nothing else that gives +1/+1 counters, so these 2 just don't do much. I would add in 2 copies of Combat Celebrant, the extra attack phases can be very helpful and it combos with Grand Warlord Radha for big mana gains for your 2nd main phase
- I'm not a big fan of Charging Monstrosaur or Skizzik. Your mana curve tops out at 5, so you want those 5cmc creatures to do a little more to win you the game. Maybe run 2 Carnage Tyrant. It's 6cmc, but it's gonna do some damage and with it being uncounterable and having hexproof, it's worth the extra mana to cast. For cheaper big hitters money wise, Neheb, the Eternal is a solid card and will net you mana from all the damage you deal. Overall, you got a great start from what I see, I really like it. Keep up the good work.