|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Captain Lannery Storm
Legendary Creature — Human Pirate
Whenever Captain Lannery Storm attacks, create a colorless Treasure artifact token with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."
Whenever you sacrifice a Treasure, Captain Lannery Storm gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Captain Lannery Storm Discussion
2 days ago
I would put Buccaneer's Bravado and Captain Lannery Storm back in. The combo of the two with sacking two treasure = 10dmg from just her is massive. Bravado is just a good card period for pirate tribal. R/B Aggro Pirates v1 is my version of this and it very rarely gets beaten.
3 weeks ago
- Leonin Warleader for Junk Diver - diver has very little board pressure , unless your in a very specific situation this little guys not guna do much
- Kor Firewalker for Thundersong Trumpeter - very nice upgrade to stop big blockers or to stop big atraxas from swing at you lol,
- Loyal Cathar Flip for Archetype of Courage - one extra colourless to add a very nice board presence, now when people double block for menace u can usually first strike down one of the blockers immediatly
a few more creatures i would like to see squeeze in would be
i would suggest either Hammer Dropper and perhaps a 1 drop like Doomed Traveler or Figure of Destiny or even the Opaline Unicorn . the figure seems good but u gota sink alot of mana into him and u would rather be playing creatures then sinking into him
a few suggestions for land upgrades, this one is about 8 bucks but an upgrade none the less Rugged Prairie and i also suggest looking at these. Make sure not to add any more tapped lands unless you remove a few first, too many tap lands with aggro is not good for a fast start
3 weeks ago
Just want to clarify something I saw: You cannot fuse Wear/Tear when casting it with Sunforger. The fuse ability explicitly states you can cast them both from your hand.
1 month ago
Like Sisay, but More Colors
Back in My Day They Were Just Creatures!
Those Who Forget History are Doomed to Lose to it.
RIP Kamigawa (Legend Tribal)
Saskia: the Stuff of Legends
Big Sassy's Legendary Horde (note: Big Sassy as a nickname for Saskia can be used in any of these names)
Legendary Night at Saskia's Bar
History Has its Eyes on You (it's a musical reference, if you don't get it)
That's all I got for names- this one was tough! Now, suggestions:
Adun Oakenshield is okay recursion, Anafenza, the Foremost is a good body, Captain Lannery Storm is good ramp, Dosan the Falling Leaf is good against control, Grand Warlord Radha is great ramp, Hua Tuo, Honored Physician is good recursion, Isamaru, Hound of Konda is a gud boi (and a one-drop), Kambal, Consul of Allocation is good taxation without representation, Karador, Ghost Chieftain is SICK and also very flavorfully appropriate for this deck, Kothophed, Soul Hoarder is great draw, Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip is a good body, Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist is good protection, Ravos, Soultender is good recursion, Rhonas the Indomitable is good but you'll have to see if you like God-Eternal Rhonas better (I like OG Rhonas better unless your repeating God-Eternal's ETB), Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper is good block deterrence, one of the Tajics ( Tajic, Blade of the Legion or Tajic, Legion's Edge ), both are good bodies, Tana, the Bloodsower is good body + chump blockers, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls is good recursion, Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor is good fun, and Zurgo Helmsmasher is a surprisingly fun political piece.
Also, I'd really recommend you include planeswalkers, and also you're running two Selvalas and two Odrics.
1 month ago
2 months ago
Team buffs: Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran , Hero of Bladehold , Angel of Jubilation , Spear of Heliod , Balefire Liege , Hero of Oxid Ridge , Nobilis of War , Ogre Battledriver , Glory of Warfare , Marshal's Anthem .
Flying: Angel of Jubilation , Aurelia, the Warleader , Angelic Field Marshal , Tyrant's Familiar , Angelic Skirmisher , Firemane Avenger , Odric, Lunarch Marshal , Nobilis of War , Tyrant's Familiar , Victory's Herald .
Trample: Archetype of Aggression .
Haste & Double Strike: Aurelia, the Warleader , Captain Lannery Storm , Odric, Lunarch Marshal , Hero of Oxid Ridge , Ogre Battledriver , Assemble the Legion , Berserkers' Onslaught , Boros Charm True Conviction .
Taking advantage of the 2nd ability: Sword of the Animist , Lightmine Field , Powerstone Minefield , and Pyrohemia , and other instant speed damage based board wipe effects. Once your creatures are attacking they cant be damaged. This effect last until combat is totally over. So even after combat damage (but still combat phase) you can cast a spell to do damage.
I missed this stuff too: Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran , Hero of Oxid Ridge , and Hero of Bladehold they all buff my creatures when they attack so giving them extra attack phases to attack again, buffs them again. So its "battle cry x2" from the Hero's, and its +4/+0 form Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran on the second attack. Angelic Skirmisher also triggers twice. Not only for my extra combat phases, but my opponents as well. you're all going "duhhh" right, but i knew this too. Didn't realize i have been missing these triggers all the time.
As you can see it works when I remove the changes you said you had to do scotchtapedsleeve
2 months ago
Hey, you asked my opinion. One time I read about consistence of decks composition. There is a lot of single copy cards, this make the game very unpredictible for yourself, lack of a solid strategy. My advice is to focus in more 3 and 4 copies of a single card and lass 1 and 2. But is a great selection o of card for a Gruul deck.
- Llanowar Elves , keep 4 of it.
- Dire Fleet Daredevil is a good card, but situational, 2 of then if you want to keep.
- Thorn Lieutenant is a good creature, good effect. But more oriented for a token deck, i would not put in this deck.
- Captain Lannery Storm takeout, have no synergy.
- Deathgorge Scavenger same as above.
- Gruul Spellbreaker best creature Gruul, 4 of them.
- Reclamation Sage and Thrashing Brontodon have the same objective. If I would choose Thrashing Brontodon . But have you see the Cindervines ? Is a good adittion, but I wold keep in the Side. For a enchant/artifact more oriented deck. Well, would use 2 or 3 of them if is that the case.
- Now the 4 cost I would consider to run few of them, would slowdown to much the deck.
- Dagger Caster is a good card, but would take it out.
- Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma you dont have that much of 4 power or more in the deck, would take out or increse the number Goreclaw for 3 and put more 4 power creatures. But I dont think is the case.
- Grand Warlord Radha good, not more them 2. since is legendary,
- Nullhide Ferox Very nice! 2 of Him wold make a great addition.
- Ripjaw Raptor Good for a draw. 2 of them but the other 4 creatures are better.
- Vine Mare is a good creature, against black is a unblockeable tank. But same as above, we have better creatures.
- 5, is a liitle mor harder to put on field. but...
- Charging Monstrosaur I love this guy, I would put 3 of them, if you can. Haste, Trample, maybe 6/6 with riot. Perfect.
- Demanding Dragon lets stay wtih only 3 creatures with 5 cost? Só choose betwew the Mostrosaur ou this little Dragon guy here.
- Ravager Wurm 1 is enogh, a nice surprise if you can cast it.
- Lava Coil Good removal, 3 of them, 3 of Lightning Strike or 3 of Thrash / Threat , they have pretty much the same cost and remove cards. Lava Coil is solid, Lightning Strike is flexible and Thrash / Threat work out with yours creatures power. I would choose one of them. Maybe leave one on side.
- Act of Treason I dont think that is a good card to the deck.
- Fight with Fire Great, 2 is a good number for it. can takeout a lot of threats.
- Response / Resurgence , woith Fight with Fire this is a little unecessary. Have a cheap cost, but is situational. Is a instant, make a little more flexible. If you keep it 3 of them would be nice.
- Rhythm of the Wild Put 3 of it, please xD.
- Domri, Chaos Bringer and Vivien Reid . Choose one and keep 2 of it. I wold go with Domri.
2 months ago
Wily Goblin , Pirate's Pillage , Captain Lannery Storm , Chandra, Bold Pyromancer , Runaway Steam-Kin , Brass's Bounty , Gilded Lotus , and Chromatic Lantern are all reasonable ramp you could use in red. :D
Captain Lannery Storm occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%