Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Creature — Human Warrior
When Dutiful Attendant dies (is put into the graveyard from the battlefield), return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Maybe the closest other ones are Malevolent Awakening and Soul of Innistrad. Malevolent Awakening is also conditional with a creature sacrifice instead of paying life or discarding a card but can be used at instant speed. Soul of Innistrad has a steep mana cost but you did not say if that was a limiting factor.
If creature sacrifice as part of the cost is okay and you have a sacrifice outlet then there are creatures which can do the same thing if you have 2 copies of them to create a cycle like with Relentless Dead, Dutiful Attendant, Entomber Exarch, and Gravedigger.
I don't think Red has any graveyard recovery. Red's tactic is more like Sneak Attack or similar.
2 years ago
2 years ago
Hey, this is a very cheap deck. Are you not able to spend a little more? A $20 upgrade could really help your deck.
Even though have a low budget to work with there's still several upgrades you could make. Some upgrades to consider are to take more advantage of Teysa's ability to give you additional die triggers when a creature dies.
Good budget cards, $1 or less each, to consider adding:
- Command Tower: one of the best lands to multicolored decks in Commander.
- Caves of Koilos
- Tainted Field
- Orzhov Basilica
- Ash Barrens
- Doomed Traveler: Spirit token.
- Ministrant of Obligation: Spirit tokens.
- Tithe Taker: Spirit token.
- Requiem Angel: repeatable Spirit tokens.
- Reassembling Skeleton: good creature to sac since it can reanimate itself.
- Woe Strider: sac outlet and repeatable scry.
- Cartel Aristocrat: sac outlet.
- Grim Haruspex: draw when a nontoken creature you control dies.
- Mentor of the Meek: draw when a 1/1 Spirit token is created.
- Archon of Justice: exile permanent.
- Plaguecrafter: all players sac a creature/Planeswalker or discard a card. Can sac Plaguecrafter to itself.
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Reliquary Monk: destroy opponent artifact or enchantment.
- Dutiful Attendant: creature recursion.
- Soul Warden: gain life when Spirits are created and when other creatures including your opponents ETB.
- Soul's Attendant: same as Warden.
- Dreadhorde Invasion: with a sac outlet is a repeatable source of token or a token that grows in power/toughness.
- Diabolic Tutor: budget unconditional tutor.
- Read the Bones
- Talisman of Hierarchy: two drop mana rock.
- Orzhov Signet: two drop mana rock.
- Kaya's Guile
- Crush Contraband
- Dusk / Dawn
I offer more advice, good luck with your deck.
2 years ago
Here's some change I do on my deck:
- Skullclamp -> Seal of the Guildpact : Seal of the Guildpact have too much high CMC for the value that I can gain with it, so I change with something that will make me draw a lot more cards (mostly because of Teysa's doubling trigger).
- Scheming Symmetry -> Tome of the Guildpact: Tome of the Guildpact has too much high CMC to draw a card sometimes and tap for one mana, so I prefer to use a tutor that can give me an opportunity to do some politic with someone.
- Leonin Relic-Warder -> Solemn Simulacrum: I have a lot of card that make me draw a card of make me more mana, do I decide to put an infinite combo piece in this deck.
- Animate Dead -> Ethereal Absolution: Ethereal Absolution has a high CMC only to buff a little bit my creature (and so to ruin skullclamp potential) nd to make a 1/1 spirit. I choose to put an infitie combo piece that will help me sometimes.
- Swords to Plowshares > Unmake : It's more effective!
- Generous Gift > Mortify : I can choose a permanent, so I'm not restrict to choose a creature or an enchantment.
- Idyllic Tutor > Altar's Reap : I highly prefer tutoring than drawing cards. Plus, Idyllic Tutor is not so expensive and I can choose an enchantment that will make me win easier!
- Living Death > Entreat the Dead: I will try Living Death (hey, that's my deck name!), seeing if this card will help me a lot. If it's not the case, I will change it with Entreat the Dead.
- Astral Cornucopia -> Orzhov Signet : I want to have an artifact that will make me a lot of mana, and Astral Cornucopia is something that I really want to try!
- Crypt Ghast -> Dutiful Attendant: Crypt Ghast will help me ramping my deck if I need some manas, but I keep in mind Dutiful Attendant in case I see a place for him.
A big thanks to multimedia for the tips!
2 years ago
2 years ago
Alright, let's see if maybe this will help. I'm really new to everything on here sorry. //Lands 2 Dismal Backwater 1 Dimir Guildgate 2 Submerged Boneyard 4 Evolving Wilds 2 Desert of the Mindful 1 Arcane Lighthouse 1 Reliquary Tower 1 Temple of the False God
//Spells 4 Duress 2 Ghoulcaller's Chant 3 Macabre Waltz 3 Sleep 4 Slip Through Space 2 Taigam's Scheming 4 Tome Scour 4 Lich's Caress 4 Sovereign's Bite 4 Resourceful Return 3 March of the Returned 1 In Garruk's Wake 1 Army of the Damned 1 Dutiful Return 1 Decompose 1 Worst Fears 1 Rise of the Dark Realms 4 Hubris 4 Countermand 1 Tezzeret's Touch 1 Paranoid Delusions 1 Coerced Confession 2 Mind Sculpt 1 Compelling Argument 1 Index 1 Redirect 1 Dream Twist 2 Gift of Tusks 2 Rewind 3 Thought Scour 2 Psychic Spiral 1 Gigadrowse 4 Negate 1 Overwhelming Denial 1 Dramatic Reversal 1 Impulse 2 Cremate 3 Crypt Incursion 2 Grim Harvest 1 Scarab Feast 1 Grim Return 1 Gravepurge 1 Dark Ritual 4 Font of Return 3 Death's Approach 2 Cast into Darkness 1 Triskaidekaphobia 1 Grave Betrayal 1 Endless Ranks of the Dead 3 Invisibility 2 Curiosity 4 Curse of the Bloody Tome 3 Illusory Wrappings 3 Ice Over 1 Chronic Flooding 1 Navigator's Ruin 1 Chant of the Skifsang 3 Bone Saw 3 Millstone 3 Tormod's Crypt 2 Trepanation Blade 1 Ghoulcaller's Bell 1 Masterwork of Ingenuity 1 Sol Ring 1 Nihil Spellbomb 1 Illusionist's Bracers 1 Codex Shredder 1 Profane Memento 1 Loxodon Warhammer 1 Bonehoard 1 Trusty Machete 1 Mirari 1 Argentum Armor
//Creatures 1 Archetype of Finality 1 Overeager Apprentice 1 Agent of Erebos 1 Butcher Ghoul 1 Risen Executioner 1 Dutiful Attendant 1 Sly Requisitioner 1 Sepulchral Primordial 2 Zombie Assassin 1 Nightmare 1 Marshmist Titan 3 Graven Abomination 4 Workshop Assistant 4 Guardians of Meletis 2 Phyrexian Revoker 2 Ornithopter 1 Juggernaut 2 Veilborn Ghoul 2 Minotaur Abomination 4 Undead Servant 3 Gravedigger 2 Mogis's Marauder 2 Bogstomper 4 Walking Corpse 3 Corpse Hauler 4 Gravewaker 2 Returned Phalanx 3 Faerie Miscreant 1 Master of Predicaments 2 Benthic Giant 1 Stormtide Leviathan 4 Screeching Skaab 2 Seer of the Last Tomorrow 1 Floating-Dream Zubera 3 Fog Bank 1 Possessed Skaab 3 Armored Skaab 2 Murmuring Phantasm 1 Wall of Frost 4 Doorkeeper 1 Clever Impersonator 1 Jace's Mindseeker 1 Oculus 1 Mindshrieker 1 Willbreaker 1 Spellweaver Eternal 1 Wall of Mist 1 Sultai Skullkeeper 1 Diregraf Captain
2 years ago