Tome of the Guildpact
Whenever you cast a multicoloured spell, draw a card.
: Gain one mana of any colour.
|Have (2)||CompleteWaste , metalmagic|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Tome of the Guildpact Discussion
3 weeks ago
Hey there, missy!
Not a lot to critique here, but I do have a handful of card suggestions...
All of these are wildly helpful in my deck, Ramos Cascade Ramp, which of course has a very different endgame, but which is very similar in operation. Feel free to give that a gander.
4 months ago
xjewgambitx We don't actually know what the original said, but we do know from Tome of the Guildpact that it is a sizeable tome, so representing Ravnican in a single card might be impossible, so here's an attempt to depict one of the parts of the Guildpact.
There would probably need to be a complete cycle of ten of these, but I would need quite a bit of time to figure out how to balance them against each other.
5 months ago
5 months ago
Here's some change I do on my deck:
- Skullclamp -> Seal of the Guildpact : Seal of the Guildpact have too much high CMC for the value that I can gain with it, so I change with something that will make me draw a lot more cards (mostly because of Teysa's doubling trigger).
- Scheming Symmetry -> Tome of the Guildpact: Tome of the Guildpact has too much high CMC to draw a card sometimes and tap for one mana, so I prefer to use a tutor that can give me an opportunity to do some politic with someone.
- Leonin Relic-Warder -> Solemn Simulacrum: I have a lot of card that make me draw a card of make me more mana, do I decide to put an infinite combo piece in this deck.
- Animate Dead -> Ethereal Absolution: Ethereal Absolution has a high CMC only to buff a little bit my creature (and so to ruin skullclamp potential) nd to make a 1/1 spirit. I choose to put an infitie combo piece that will help me sometimes.
- Swords to Plowshares > Unmake : It's more effective!
- Generous Gift > Mortify : I can choose a permanent, so I'm not restrict to choose a creature or an enchantment.
- Idyllic Tutor > Altar's Reap : I highly prefer tutoring than drawing cards. Plus, Idyllic Tutor is not so expensive and I can choose an enchantment that will make me win easier!
- Living Death > Entreat the Dead: I will try Living Death (hey, that's my deck name!), seeing if this card will help me a lot. If it's not the case, I will change it with Entreat the Dead.
- Astral Cornucopia -> Orzhov Signet : I want to have an artifact that will make me a lot of mana, and Astral Cornucopia is something that I really want to try!
- Crypt Ghast -> Dutiful Attendant: Crypt Ghast will help me ramping my deck if I need some manas, but I keep in mind Dutiful Attendant in case I see a place for him.
A big thanks to multimedia for the tips!
1 year ago
maybe a bit slow, but have you considered Tome of the Guildpact ?
1 year ago
I like this deck a lot, especially for how budget-friendly it is--that makes me really happy :D
I have always wanted to like Stormchaser Mage but have found kind of limited uses for him in Commander. I might consider Bloodwater Entity and trade Stormchaser Mage 's haste for the recursion of Bloodwater Entity , although there is the drawback of taking sorceries/instants out of your graveyard and not even putting them directly into your hand (unless you have Tome of the Guildpact out). I might also take out Gorgon Flail to put in another gold card to give Tome of the Guildpact more mileage and to trigger the commander more. Maybe I'd put in something like Essence Backlash or Ionize for better control, though I don't like how expensive Essence Backlash is in terms of mana. (the addition of an instant rather than an artifact also makes Beacon Bolt and Enigma Drake go farther, and if your counterspell gets counterspelled, you can Expansion it to counter the counter and make more triggers happen...)
These are my thoughts, but well done nonetheless, I love this deck.
1 year ago
literaturecult46 The deck looks good for the most part, but I do have some suggestions:
If you're sold on running the Glass of the Guildpact , Seal of the Guildpact , and Tome of the Guildpact , I'd run a lot more multicolored cards, especially creatures. Remember, afterlife tokens are multicolored, so they do work with glass.
If you're going for heavy lifegain, some cards to consider would be: Felidar Soverign, Gray Merchant of Asphodel , Kokusho, the Evening Star , Font of Agonies , Dawn of Hope , Kambal, Consul of Allocation , and Well of Lost Dreams .
Your curve is quite heavy on 4 cmc cards. This can be tough since Teysa is also 4 cmc, so in the early turns of the game, you might have a lot of 4 drops stuck in your hand.
If you'd like to ask any more specific questions, I'd love to give more specific advice.