Seal of the Guildpact
As Seal of the Guildpact enters the battlefield, choose two colours.
Each spell you cast costs less to cast for each of the chosen colours it is.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Seal of the Guildpact occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Seal of the Guildpact Discussion
1 month ago
4 months ago
Like: "When X enters the battlefield, choose two colors.
Spells you cast cost one mana less of one of the chosen colors."
This would make it better than a standard mana rock, it is less effective in reducing cost than both the Jet Medallion (considering cost) and Seal of the Guildpact. However this can aid where neither of those can and at the very least it will reduce the cost by regardless of the spell you cast.
11 months ago
Here's some change I do on my deck:
- Skullclamp -> Seal of the Guildpact : Seal of the Guildpact have too much high CMC for the value that I can gain with it, so I change with something that will make me draw a lot more cards (mostly because of Teysa's doubling trigger).
- Scheming Symmetry -> Tome of the Guildpact: Tome of the Guildpact has too much high CMC to draw a card sometimes and tap for one mana, so I prefer to use a tutor that can give me an opportunity to do some politic with someone.
- Leonin Relic-Warder -> Solemn Simulacrum: I have a lot of card that make me draw a card of make me more mana, do I decide to put an infinite combo piece in this deck.
- Animate Dead -> Ethereal Absolution: Ethereal Absolution has a high CMC only to buff a little bit my creature (and so to ruin skullclamp potential) nd to make a 1/1 spirit. I choose to put an infitie combo piece that will help me sometimes.
- Swords to Plowshares > Unmake : It's more effective!
- Generous Gift > Mortify : I can choose a permanent, so I'm not restrict to choose a creature or an enchantment.
- Idyllic Tutor > Altar's Reap : I highly prefer tutoring than drawing cards. Plus, Idyllic Tutor is not so expensive and I can choose an enchantment that will make me win easier!
- Living Death > Entreat the Dead: I will try Living Death (hey, that's my deck name!), seeing if this card will help me a lot. If it's not the case, I will change it with Entreat the Dead.
- Astral Cornucopia -> Orzhov Signet : I want to have an artifact that will make me a lot of mana, and Astral Cornucopia is something that I really want to try!
- Crypt Ghast -> Dutiful Attendant: Crypt Ghast will help me ramping my deck if I need some manas, but I keep in mind Dutiful Attendant in case I see a place for him.
A big thanks to multimedia for the tips!
11 months ago
Saw the link and request for budget suggestions. I haven't played Melek but I am currently playing Mizzix of the Izmagnus and used to play Keranos, God of Storms. I'm a fan or UR all-around. The suggestions below are fairly generic since I'm unsure of how you want to win. Suggestions are based around cards I've used before in 60-card formats or in EDH with the previously mentioned legendaries, and should be under $5 each.
- Primal Amulet Flip
- Goblin Electromancer
- Thryx, the Sudden Storm
- Curious Homunculus Flip
- Seal of the Guildpact
- Firebrand Archer
- Electrostatic Field
- Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius
- Sphinx-Bone Wand
- Sentinel Tower
1 year ago
Yup, okay so I'm digging this concept.
So I think the first order of business is exploring the different paths Palladia would take upon being reawakened.
Option 1: Helping Bolas Escape
The Steps: First, she'd have to learn what a planeswalker is, as far as I can tell from the lore, she has not met on nor does she know of their existence (She's been asleep for long time). So she would probably have to meet some more knowledgeable people, perhaps the crew of the Weatherlight battled her? Perhaps she does defeat them and learn the secret from an impressionable you Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage, maybe she keeps the weatherlight. After knowing what a planeswalker is, she'd need to learn of Bolas' imprisonment. ATM only three beings know of this, Jace Beleren, Ugin, and Bolas himself. IDK how she'd learn of this but we can get into that detail after she's a planeswalker. Now, she needs to become a planeswalker. In her day, all you had to do to become a planeswalker was gather a ton of mana. Assuming this is post-mending she'd have to be born with a spark, or a spark would have to be given, or perhaps taken. What if a young planeswalker like Teyo, the Shieldmage stumbled upon her path? She could take his spark with the help of her followers, and ascend to be a planeswalker. Additionally, she could use a Planar Portal to traverse the planes. Or maybe she met Tezzeret, who has the planar bridge inside him and struck a deal to travel to another plane, but this is unlikely because Tezzeret has sworn not to serve another dragon. Okay, so Palladia can traverse planes, what next? Now she has to search for info on Bolas and Ugin. This could take centuries, not only are their histories as old as Dominaria but they've both been to so many planes. A possible encounter is with Azor, the Lawbringer on Ixalan where she learns of their plans to trap bolas. She could travel to Ravnica, though this would be hard due to everyone being on watch for planeswalkers. But if she did, she would learn about the war and stuff, and that Bolas might be dead or is thought dead. Now, in order to find where Bolas is, she'd need to find Jace, Idk how she would, he's sort of on and off with Vraska on ravnica as of late and he's a tough cookie to crack, maybe she could hire another mind reader? Either way, she gets the info and now has to find the meditation realm. As of recently, Ugin, Sarkhan, Niv Mizzet, Ashiok, Narset, and Tetsuko Umezawa know of the meditation realm. Of these Sarkhan would provide the best guide, as she could control him again (this seems to be a recurring theme with him). So she finds the realm and stuff but look out now she has to fight Ugin. But wait, what if she fixed The Immortal Sun? Boom Ugin can't escape and now she's fighting him. The point is Ugin needs to lose, but I don't know how Palladia could do that as Ugin is way more experienced than her. Maybe she attains mastery of the meditation realm? There is also, what I think would be the most epic thing ever, where she kills Sarkhan and gives Bolas Sarkhans spark. Bolas kills Ugin and is free. Maybe he kills Palladia right there and then, maybe she somehow kills him? Maybe he becomes her underling, lots of possibilities. So that's that whole destiny right there.
Option 2: Taking over
Palladia wakes up and decides to finally conquer Dominaria. The fractured remnants of the cabal rally behind her. She has a few obstacles though. Shiv won't go down without a fight, especially with Darigaaz defending it, neither will Benalia or Tolaria and then there's the whole Weatherlight crew to deal with. Maybe include Shanna, Sisay's Legacy, Squee, the Immortal, Tiana, Ship's Caretaker. Overall, it's a very difficult crusade, include key enemies such as Lyra Dawnbringer and Radha, Heir to Keld. Finally, after a decade-long war, Palladia rules all of Dominaria.
Option 3: Palladia Mors, Ruiner of Planes
Somehow (literally any of the ways I listed in 1) Palladia finds a way to move plane to plane, she takes it upon herself to sow chaos and bloodshed throughout, collecting trinkets of victory as she goes, maybe she takes the Seal of the Guildpact from Ravnica and Obelisk of Alara from Alara. Ooooo maybe Shadowspear if she defeats Elspeth wherever she goes.
That's just a few of the options for her that I could come up with, I personally think #1 could make a good fan fic
Hope you like feedback, this deck looks sweet.
1 year ago
I'm inclined to do what MagicalHacker suggests and have an ability that states he's all 5 colors - while still costing .
Whether there's a need to actually remove colors from his identity, I don't know. It could also just be a;
"As ~ enters the battlefield, choose two colors.
Spells you cast costs less to cast for each of the chosen colors it is. Creatures you control gets +1/+1 for each of the chosen colors it is."
Sort of like you do with Seal of the Guildpact . It effectively enables you to play WURBG but you only get the special benefit of two of the colors per entry. You can re-cast him later with new colors or flicker or whatever to manipulate the specific colors, but in most cases I wager people would design their deck as a two-color deck.
If you really want the start of game trigger, then have the player choose it there but keep the rest as simple as possible.
1 year ago
Well a good tutor card in Blue is Long-Term Plans since it is the only one that lets you select any card and not need to reveal it, granted it’ll take a little while to get to. Another card I would recommend is Seal of the Guildpact to make all your stuff cost less mana.
2 years ago
Here’s a few more cost reducers to consider.
- Semblance Anvil
- Dragonlord's Servant
- Seal of the Guildpact will reduce the cost of any multicolored spell as long as it has one or both of the chosen colors in it as well as monocolored ones of the chosen colors.
- Cloud Key
Couple of these might help get out some those big fatties a little quicker. Or all of them.