Creature — Wall
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to and dealt by Fog Bank.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Uncommon|
|Mystery Booster: Convention Edition (MYSCON)||Uncommon|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
- Fog Bank + Overgrown Battlement
- Axebane Guardian + Fog Bank
- Fog Bank + Progenitor Mimic
- Echo Circlet + Fog Bank
- Fog Bank + Pariah
- Fog Bank + Silent Arbiter
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Fog Bank occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Fog Bank Discussion
2 days ago
I notice there isn't a Notion Thief in the deck, it may mean that your opponents cannot draw cards but the advantage you get from the Thief plus a wheel effect is huge. Same sort of thing with Narset, Parter of Veils, your opponents won't take damage, but they also won't have cards in hand. I am unsure why you've put Fog Bank and Guard Gomazoa in the deck, they are good blockers but can be easily removed or just ignored by a lot of strategies and don't really advance your gameplan. I would include a higher number of board wipes in the deck instead of them, consider Blasphemous Act and Toxic Deluge as these can be cast for low mana cost, or there's always good old Damnation. I would also consider adding a few more artifact ramp cards like Izzet Signet or Fellwar Stone, these will give you something to do in the early game that lets you ramp out your Nekusar, the Mindrazer faster.
Overall the deck looks pretty solid and doesn't fall into the trap that I think a lot of Nekusar players fall into and doesn't use Howling Mine or similar cards which just give your opponents a huge advantage without damaging them too much.
2 weeks ago
Alright, let's see if maybe this will help. I'm really new to everything on here sorry. //Lands 2 Dismal Backwater 1 Dimir Guildgate 2 Submerged Boneyard 4 Evolving Wilds 2 Desert of the Mindful 1 Arcane Lighthouse 1 Reliquary Tower 1 Temple of the False God
//Spells 4 Duress 2 Ghoulcaller's Chant 3 Macabre Waltz 3 Sleep 4 Slip Through Space 2 Taigam's Scheming 4 Tome Scour 4 Lich's Caress 4 Sovereign's Bite 4 Resourceful Return 3 March of the Returned 1 In Garruk's Wake 1 Army of the Damned 1 Dutiful Return 1 Decompose 1 Worst Fears 1 Rise of the Dark Realms 4 Hubris 4 Countermand 1 Tezzeret's Touch 1 Paranoid Delusions 1 Coerced Confession 2 Mind Sculpt 1 Compelling Argument 1 Index 1 Redirect 1 Dream Twist 2 Gift of Tusks 2 Rewind 3 Thought Scour 2 Psychic Spiral 1 Gigadrowse 4 Negate 1 Overwhelming Denial 1 Dramatic Reversal 1 Impulse 2 Cremate 3 Crypt Incursion 2 Grim Harvest 1 Scarab Feast 1 Grim Return 1 Gravepurge 1 Dark Ritual 4 Font of Return 3 Death's Approach 2 Cast into Darkness 1 Triskaidekaphobia 1 Grave Betrayal 1 Endless Ranks of the Dead 3 Invisibility 2 Curiosity 4 Curse of the Bloody Tome 3 Illusory Wrappings 3 Ice Over 1 Chronic Flooding 1 Navigator's Ruin 1 Chant of the Skifsang 3 Bone Saw 3 Millstone 3 Tormod's Crypt 2 Trepanation Blade 1 Ghoulcaller's Bell 1 Masterwork of Ingenuity 1 Sol Ring 1 Nihil Spellbomb 1 Illusionist's Bracers 1 Codex Shredder 1 Profane Memento 1 Loxodon Warhammer 1 Bonehoard 1 Trusty Machete 1 Mirari 1 Argentum Armor
//Creatures 1 Archetype of Finality 1 Overeager Apprentice 1 Agent of Erebos 1 Butcher Ghoul 1 Risen Executioner 1 Dutiful Attendant 1 Sly Requisitioner 1 Sepulchral Primordial 2 Zombie Assassin 1 Nightmare 1 Marshmist Titan 3 Graven Abomination 4 Workshop Assistant 4 Guardians of Meletis 2 Phyrexian Revoker 2 Ornithopter 1 Juggernaut 2 Veilborn Ghoul 2 Minotaur Abomination 4 Undead Servant 3 Gravedigger 2 Mogis's Marauder 2 Bogstomper 4 Walking Corpse 3 Corpse Hauler 4 Gravewaker 2 Returned Phalanx 3 Faerie Miscreant 1 Master of Predicaments 2 Benthic Giant 1 Stormtide Leviathan 4 Screeching Skaab 2 Seer of the Last Tomorrow 1 Floating-Dream Zubera 3 Fog Bank 1 Possessed Skaab 3 Armored Skaab 2 Murmuring Phantasm 1 Wall of Frost 4 Doorkeeper 1 Clever Impersonator 1 Jace's Mindseeker 1 Oculus 1 Mindshrieker 1 Willbreaker 1 Spellweaver Eternal 1 Wall of Mist 1 Sultai Skullkeeper 1 Diregraf Captain
1 month ago
I do run a deck similar to this one, where I cast strong Kracken, Srpent, Octopus & Leivithon creature cards. I however use Quest for Ula's Temple to cast my creatures instead of generating mana to cast my creatures. In my deck however I use Fog Bank to buy me enough time to "cast" my creatures. I would also consider adding an alternate won condition, such as Simic Ascendancy for example. I do find it odd the Stormtide Leviathan is in your sideboard; I personally do find this to be queit a strong card when played as it can prevent alot of damage you take due to your oppents being unable to attack with most creatures.
2 months ago
Jesus, Beloved Godhead
Legendary Creature- God Human
Players can't lose life, damage is prevented, and creatures can't die or be sacrificed. All exiled creatures return to the battlefield under their owner's control.
Whenever Jesus leaves the battlefield, exile it with three time counters. Remove one of those counters at the beginning of your end step. When the last counter is removed, return Jesus to the battlefield and tap all creatures target player controls.
If you look closely and you know your bible, this is actually packed with allusions to Jesus' life and works. Believe in it or not, designing in this card definitely made my Vorthos smile.
How about the other side of the spectrum- an insurgent against the gods! I could see strong justification for this on Theros or Amonkhet, and perhaps, if you look closely, on Ravnica too!
2 months ago
Re: Winds of Rath, I have never found myself needing to wipe while Bruna is out. When Bruna is out and suited up, I can typically just go to combat, get a kill, and pass the turn. Bruna has natural Flying, and typically she'll pick up Trample from Eldrazi Conscription or Unblockable from Steel of the Godhead. Lack of evasion can be a problem with just Battle Mastery and Corrupted Conscience, but this is pretty rare in my experience since I typically have to tutor for at least one aura.
Totem Armor is a good way to get around card disadvantage from losing enchanted creatures, but they're also one-and-done affairs, and for the most part the extra numbers and keywords are just not relevant when they're attached to Bruna - none of them have the magical "lethal with one other damage aura" ability shared by the Big Three and Auramancer's Guise.
The one really interesting one is indeed Eel Umbra due to the protective nature of Flash, but in practice I don't think it's really different from a counterspell in that slot, so I ran that instead.
As far as making my other creatures bigger goes (this goes for both Faith Unbroken and the Umbras), bigger creatures just aren't scary when the entire table knows I'm aiming to suit up Bruna for the kill anyway. I'd rather keep my creatures as blockers and make them hard to remove in the sense of Fog Bank being able to block for days on end. The indestructibility auras (Indestructibility and Shielded By Faith) provide this, as well as Spectra Ward and cards with Protection from creatures like Unquestioned Authority.
Lastly, as far as creatures go, I just don't have enough of them to suit up. Right now I've noticed that the deck is both kinda slow and kinda vulnerable to creature combat at all stages of the game, so I'm probably going to board in Propaganda and some nice tutors, including my newly reprinted friend Idyllic Tutor. Maybe also add Drift of Phantasms.
2 months ago
Oh and one last one, I guess-
Good walls to consider are Guardians of Meletis - low cmc, colorless, and 6 toughness - Fog Bank , and Mnemonic Wall to get your Traumatize or Mindgrind back. It’s expensive at 5cmc for only 4 toughness, but I feel it’s worth it to get a sorcery back
4 months ago
I dunno, that Loyal Drake doesn't look much like a starfish or crab...
It may seem innocuous but Sand Squid has always overperformed in my seamonster decks. Coral Capers -- (Budget Seamonsters) was the original with Thassa (which you've seen) but I morphed the deck into Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle (Tidal Trouble).
I had AEtherplasm in my mono-blue deck and it was quite good. Looks a bit like a jellyfish so that's a plus.
I always ran into issues where I would finally have enough ramp or Quicksilver Amulet out to do stuff but because I was open all through the early game I wouldn't have the life to realize my kraken dreams. Fog Bank , Guard Gomazoa , Gomazoa , Spiny Starfish , Wall of Kelp , and Wall of Frost are all good and on-theme, as well as helpful for Thassa's devotion.
4 months ago
- Fetchlands can help mana fix as well as thin the deck a little bit (It only gives you a like 1 or two percentage points so do that last).
- Fast lands and check lands are amazing I would have at least 4 in total between the two. Magosi, the Waterveil doesnt seem like an amazing card to me. You give someone one an extra turn which lets them draw more threats while you don't draw anything. I don't even see UWx Control style decks running it. I would run different lands, maybe some man lands if you want to go that route.
- Howling Mine is only good if you have a way to tap it, so you can break the symmetry. Look at this way, you are looking for 12-N fogs, they are looking for any threat in there deck. Temple bell isn't great for the same reason. They only way to use those cards are with ways to break the symmetry. Narset, Parter of Veils is a better card in general.
- Explore is great ramp when you are running more lands. If you want card draw run Opt .
- Fog Bank is also an amazing creature, being it flys. If you arent playing against bolt affects.
- Sleep can be pretty damaging and it lets you hold onto fogs longer.
- Cryptic Command is wayyyy better than whelming wave. Its always a two for 1. Venser, Shaper Savant is also good. Riftwing Cloudskate is also nice due to the fact you cant stall enough turns. Repeal is also good It can bounce anything, plus draw a card.
- Gigadrowse is an interesting card. I dont fault anyone for taking it. I personally dont like it as much. I think the cards i listed above just do a better job.
- If you use the blue filtering cards like opt, you wont need as many Kioras being you be able to find them easier, plus itll free up more deck space for other cards.
- I can see why you want no ETBs now. The Immortal Sun although higher CMC would shut them down hard as well. Id still probably run T. Orb though. Just throwing that out there.
- Eternal Witness and Snapcaster Mage mages are tempting for you to run being you can recast fogs which makes your deck more powerful. Just having creatures can be ok, because they get you value and can trade which means you dont have to use a fog, and can remove a creature slowing the game. Which are all great things, you can baord them out when you want T. orb.
- For spirits if they are playing a competive list you should just lose. I dont know how you deal with Spell Queller .