Creature — Human Advisor
Sacrifice another creature: Cartel Aristocrat gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Cartel Aristocrat occurrence in decks from the last year
Cartel Aristocrat Discussion
3 months ago
4 months ago
6 months ago
I can take out Qasali Pridemage for Birthing Pod as an extra reusable tutor (especially fun with any line that includes Felidar Guardian because it allows you to fetch and sacrifice the Felidar Guardian on the same turn.
But as for Body Snatcher, I'm not sure what I should take out
8 months ago
Emeria Shepherd, Bounty Agent, Righteous Aura. Ethereal Absolution and Increasing Devotion seem like cut-able cards. i would also try to fit in Hanweir Garrison. and if you add in a Cartel Aristocrat or Viscera Seer you have an infinite combo with Sun Titan + Fiend Hunter
9 months ago
Other 2-drop creatures in place of Shanna that you could consider:
A few overlap, e.g. Grim Flayer and Imperious Oligarch are also human. Of this list, I think three really stand out: Grim Flayer fits both of your strategies (multicolor and human), but I'm not sure you'll ever get delirium. Fleecemane Lion isn't a human, but it is multicolor and it's the traditional strongest 2-drop in Abzan. And Corpse Knight, which isn't human but works extremely well with Hero because it doesn't specify nontoken.
9 months ago
Hey, this is a very cheap deck. Are you not able to spend a little more? A $20 upgrade could really help your deck.
Even though have a low budget to work with there's still several upgrades you could make. Some upgrades to consider are to take more advantage of Teysa's ability to give you additional die triggers when a creature dies.
Good budget cards, $1 or less each, to consider adding:
- Command Tower: one of the best lands to multicolored decks in Commander.
- Caves of Koilos
- Tainted Field
- Orzhov Basilica
- Ash Barrens
- Doomed Traveler: Spirit token.
- Ministrant of Obligation: Spirit tokens.
- Tithe Taker: Spirit token.
- Requiem Angel: repeatable Spirit tokens.
- Reassembling Skeleton: good creature to sac since it can reanimate itself.
- Woe Strider: sac outlet and repeatable scry.
- Cartel Aristocrat: sac outlet.
- Grim Haruspex: draw when a nontoken creature you control dies.
- Mentor of the Meek: draw when a 1/1 Spirit token is created.
- Archon of Justice: exile permanent.
- Plaguecrafter: all players sac a creature/Planeswalker or discard a card. Can sac Plaguecrafter to itself.
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Reliquary Monk: destroy opponent artifact or enchantment.
- Dutiful Attendant: creature recursion.
- Soul Warden: gain life when Spirits are created and when other creatures including your opponents ETB.
- Soul's Attendant: same as Warden.
- Dreadhorde Invasion: with a sac outlet is a repeatable source of token or a token that grows in power/toughness.
- Diabolic Tutor: budget unconditional tutor.
- Read the Bones
- Talisman of Hierarchy: two drop mana rock.
- Orzhov Signet: two drop mana rock.
- Kaya's Guile
- Crush Contraband
- Dusk / Dawn
I offer more advice, good luck with your deck.
1 year ago
dusterGGG I like Pitiless Pontiff because it offers deathtouch alongside functional indestructibility, but you may be right, in my playtests lack of that one mana when I have putted something like Teysa Karlov or Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord on turn 4 often meant that I couldn't use Pontiff when I really would like too, and since Cartel Aristocrat can also work almost infinitely with Cruel Celebrant I guess it's a better one here, since I already have Orzhov Enforcer to take down big creatures. I will probably get it with my next order on cardkingdom and than I'll update this deck, thanks. As of Yahenni, Undying Partisan , I don't really need attackers in this deck since I can either overflow opponent with spirits or just drain him with Cruel Celebrant and I prefer 2 CMC over 3. So I guess Cartel Aristocrat it is.
1 year ago
Consider Cartel Aristocrat over Pitiless Pontiff . Free sac engines are almost always better than ones that cost mana, and protection will also let you swing with it if you want. Yahenni, Undying Partisan is another good sac engine with high survivability that can also be a good attacker.