Choose two target players. Each of them searches their library for a card, then shuffles their library and puts that card on top of it.
|Have (2)||, metalmagic|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Scheming Symmetry occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Scheming Symmetry Discussion
3 weeks ago
Hey! Your decklist looks great, it has all of the essential parts down pat (cheap/evasive creatures, powerful ninjas and lots of topdeck manipulation). You could definitely play it as-is, even if it's been a while! But I also want to mention some ideas that I have for potential cuts/additions:
Deep-Sea Kraken : Very unlikely to hard cast, and you can probably win the game before removing all its suspend counters. Instead, you could play Blinkmoth Infusion or Draco , which are equally uncastable, but deal more damage.
Conspiracy and Xenograft : I played these for a long time, but ended up cutting them in favour of more extra turn spells, which are more consistent for closing out the game. My favourites to play in Yuriko are Temporal Mastery which can easily be a Time Walk , and Temporal Trespass which can be cast for UUU, but deals 11 damage.
Bolas's Citadel : A bit of a nonbo in Yuriko decks, which generally want to play super-efficient, high cmc spells. I don't have a direct replacement in mind, but I'll include more suggestions at the end.
Massacre and Toxic Deluge : Yuriko needs creatures on the board more than most decks, so I generally don't play boardwipes that destroy creatures. I prefer to play something like Evacuation or Devastation Tide so I don't lose them permanently.
Teferi's Veil : I'm kinda unsure how this synergizes with Yuriko. Could you let me know if I'm missing something? I'm not super familiar with phasing.
Universal Automaton : A very simple, yet effective ninja
Sorry this got so long, I hope all of my points made sense! Feel free to let me know what you think! Thanks again for the kind words about my primer!
1 month ago
A few other things you might try in here (though what you'd swap would be up to you) are:
Oboro, Palace in the Clouds (combos spectacularly with Ruin Crab; you could toss another copy or two in I think), Fraying Sanity (kind of a common find in Modern mill decks since it combos with everything; these I'd put in for SURE), Didn't Say Please since Counterspells are always good & this also doubles as a mill card ( Drown in the Loch actually plays pretty well in a Mill build too, and can double as creature destruction if need be), Bruvac the Grandiloquent (kind of a pseudo-Fraying Sanity), and lastly Mind Funeral as more often than not, this actually mills FAR more cards than Glimpse the Unthinkable (I'd actually run both though since they're so close and both so powerful).
Even if you don't end up making all of these swaps, at least it might give you some options to play around with. Either way, nice build! I really like the Archive Trap with Scheming Symmetry force-trigger! +1
1 month ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)
1 month ago
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together!
1 month ago
Ox of Agonas is a cool card but due to the fact that is doesn't trigger your commander's ability, or synergize with all your tribal buffs, I would consider dropping it (but that's just me).
2 months ago
4 months ago
ShutUpMokuba, thats very helpful. I dont know why the thought hadnt occured to me that i should specialize and double down on the tokens i wanted. I get the impression that alot of suggestions are leaning the deck more towards midrange, but my relationship with the MTG terminology for decks is hazy at best so what do i know. Im really hesitant to add too many removal cards and any boardwipes honestly as my main threat is someone who plays alot of hexproof and i cant imagine ever wanting to boardwipe. i will reconsider though. Thats also very helpful about how to choose my tribal vamps as i very much did just put as many of the cheapest ones in as possible. Thank you for putting ballpark numbers on the amount of each cards i should think about adding as well!
TriusMalarky, i understand what you're saying. I typically don't worry about premium lands much at all, and especially as it seems like edgar markov's 'must-haves' are a suite of $5, $10, and $20 cards, like Necropotence. Its a card i have to remind myself not to take out every time i look at the price. I very much like the 'sac to draw 2 cards' though, thank you! I do have one question though, wouldnt a card like Wishclaw Talisman or Scheming Symmetry give my opponent just as much of, if not more of an advantage? In my head, they can tutor up a boardwipe, or some kind of soft counter to whatever i would draw, right? Burn at the Stake is a fantastic card that ive overlooked as well, thank you!!