Ministrant of Obligation
Creature — Human Cleric
Afterlife 2 (When this creature is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, create two 1/1 white and black Spirit creature tokens with flying.)
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Ministrant of Obligation Discussion
4 weeks ago
You have two copies of Ministrant of Obligation.
42 lands is way too many. 36 or 37 lands max.
Liliana, Dreadhorde General is a must.
Elenda, the Dusk Rose should not be in the "maybe" but rather in your deck.
1 month ago
Hero of Bladehold effects if you go on the Heartless path.
Blade Splicer with heartless.
5 months ago
Haazda Marshal Tithe Taker Ministrant of Obligation The Circle of Loyalty are all i'm seeing that have the potential of being worth it. Possibly an afterlife deck could abuse this mechanic, but I don't think mine could.
5 months ago
Hey, this is a very cheap deck. Are you not able to spend a little more? A $20 upgrade could really help your deck.
Even though have a low budget to work with there's still several upgrades you could make. Some upgrades to consider are to take more advantage of Teysa's ability to give you additional die triggers when a creature dies.
Good budget cards, $1 or less each, to consider adding:
- Command Tower: one of the best lands to multicolored decks in Commander.
- Caves of Koilos
- Tainted Field
- Orzhov Basilica
- Ash Barrens
- Doomed Traveler: Spirit token.
- Ministrant of Obligation: Spirit tokens.
- Tithe Taker: Spirit token.
- Requiem Angel: repeatable Spirit tokens.
- Reassembling Skeleton: good creature to sac since it can reanimate itself.
- Woe Strider: sac outlet and repeatable scry.
- Cartel Aristocrat: sac outlet.
- Grim Haruspex: draw when a nontoken creature you control dies.
- Mentor of the Meek: draw when a 1/1 Spirit token is created.
- Archon of Justice: exile permanent.
- Plaguecrafter: all players sac a creature/Planeswalker or discard a card. Can sac Plaguecrafter to itself.
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Reliquary Monk: destroy opponent artifact or enchantment.
- Dutiful Attendant: creature recursion.
- Soul Warden: gain life when Spirits are created and when other creatures including your opponents ETB.
- Soul's Attendant: same as Warden.
- Dreadhorde Invasion: with a sac outlet is a repeatable source of token or a token that grows in power/toughness.
- Diabolic Tutor: budget unconditional tutor.
- Read the Bones
- Talisman of Hierarchy: two drop mana rock.
- Orzhov Signet: two drop mana rock.
- Kaya's Guile
- Crush Contraband
- Dusk / Dawn
I offer more advice, good luck with your deck.
6 months ago
sub780lime I took out Massacre Wurm, Athreos, God of Passage, and Priest of Forgotten Gods for Nightmare Shepherd, Ministrant of Obligation, and Victimize. Aristocrats has so many good cards that every cut really hurts, but honestly, I'd take out any of these three for Shepherd. It's such a good card and basically another copy of Teysa.
8 months ago
Added Phyrexian Altar and Anointed Procession and took out Debt to the Deathless and Open the Graves . I have Ministrant of Obligation somewhere, I just haven't taken the time to look for it. Do you guys think Whisper, Blood Liturgist is what should come out? I like the recursion, but he is a little slow.
8 months ago
you actually do have an infinite combo hidden in here whether you know it or not
With Teysa out, Ministrant of Obligation makes four extra bodies, five including her. Phyrexian altar means you get 5 mana from saccing all them. Phyrexian Reclamation only costs 2 to bring the ministrant back to hand, and she costs only 3 mana. It's a lot of work to get it going and it's sorcery speed, but you really can infinite this
10 months ago
I really like Ministrant of Obligation in Teysa decks as getting 4 black and white spirits out with one death is amazing value. I find Whisper, Blood Liturgist to be a bit slow for my deck so I cut her out and replaced with a Phyrexian Altar though of course that can get spendy so that is up to your discretion.
Anyways, I love it! Nicel