Creature — Vampire Shaman
Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies (is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, tokens enter the graveyard before they cease to exist), you may gain 3 life.
Whenever an opponent discards a card, you may gain 3 life.
|Have (2)||Hardhitta7 , metalmagic|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sangromancer occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
2 weeks ago
Have you considered any combination of Fell Specter , Liliana's Caress , Raiders' Wake ? While all of these have the same function as Megrim, Liliana's Caress comes in at 1 mana less; Raiders' Wake may come in 1 mana more than Megrim, but can force multiple discards; and Fell Specter is also a creature.
If your looking for lifegain, Sangromancer could be a boost for Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose.
Also, Syr Konrad, the Grim allows for a damage boost. I used it in a Commander game with Mindcrank and shut down a lot of my opponent's spells through milling.
1 month ago
It doesn't look like there's tooooo much from Kaldheim that's got much synergy with Chainer, Dementia Master
-Tergrid, God of Fright Flip looks pretty insane with all the edict effects i'm running. I'll probably swap Sangromancer out for her. Sangromancer is ok, but I have plenty of other life gain effects that are more consistent.
-Blood on the Snow looks ok, but it's pretty expensive, and maxes out at 6CMC for the reanimation aspect.
-Rise of the Dread Marn looks pretty cool if your meta has a lot of creature-heavy decks and board wipes, but it's quite situational.
-The new art on Village Rites is tempting me to find it a slot. A cheap sacrifice effect + car draw spell is very nice. The only issue I have with it is that it's basically useless in the early game, which is usually when you want to be casting your cheaper card draw spells.
1 month ago
I am only saying this because you mentioned this is your first Commander deck: going down the infinite combo route and playing this many tutors will result in very similar games for you. If consistency is your focus that can be a good thing, but if it is your only deck it can get repetitive fast.
In most cases, Memory Jar makes all your opponents draw 7 and discard 7 cards when you trigger it. That can be a win for you with the right setup.. I second Bloodchief Ascension as mentioned above, with or without Mindcrank.
Consider adding either Teferi's Protection or Flawless Maneuver. You may want to Invest some space for spot removal like Vindicate and Anguished Unmaking or Despark. As for mass removal, you may find Winds of Abandon more satisfying than Fumigate if you have a board.
Finally, I think you would like Sangromancer. I do.
Hope you find something useful, welcome to the Commander format!
3 months ago
Mindcrank + Bloodchief Ascension / Leyline of the Void + Helm of Obedience / Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Cinderhaze Wretch These are some solid combos for discard tribal, and usually a quick closeout for a game.
I'd leave the Painful Quandary in and opt out Oppression. Every time I've played Oppression, its fucked me in the long run. Library of Leng is better than Anvil of Bogardan in my opinion, since it only applies to you. Definitely include that Sangromancer, crazy value in a discard deck. Mind Rake > Mind Rot just cause of the overload cost. Some cards to think about adding in Imp's Mischief, Rankle, Master of Pranks, Syphon Mind, Mind Twist, Archfiend of Ifnir, Banshee of the Dread Choir. Good lookin deck though! Hope these suggestions can help you out
3 months ago
You should add Bazaar Trader, it will add some extra redundancy for getting gifts to your opponents if Blim gets killed or can't get through. Blim also causes opponent to discard cards every time he attacks. You can capitalize on this with Liliana's Caress, Megrim, Sangromancer, Waste Not, Fell Specter, and Geth's Grimoire. If you add The Haunt of Hightower, Fell Specter, and Waste Not, you can help bolster your board presence for blocking (and support if Blim gets removed).
6 months ago
43 lands seems high. You can go down to 36-38 and make room for more stuff by dropping a few Swamps. If you can find/afford Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Cabal Coffers, and/or Cabal Stronghold, add those as well in place of a few more swamps. Crypt Ghast (which you CAN play in a mono-black Commander deck) effectively doubles your mana and brings extort to the party - yet another way to gain life. There are other black extort creatures if you just want that effect.
Do you anticipate playing against decks that produce a lot of creatures? If so, then I would add one or two more board wipes. Your Sangromancer will thank you. Revenge of Ravens is a cute way to deter attackers. It also makes me wonder if you have enough creatures for Ayara to put in the work you're looking for? Test it out before making changes on that front.
7 months ago
- Nekusar, the Mindrazer hes a great commander if you wanted to change format for this deck style is really funny.
- The biggest issue with the deck is running Reliquary Tower and Underworld Dreams in the same deck you really need both effects, but the mana base is very hard to get by with.
- When deciding between these two decks ill say one is more comboy which means itll feel the same each game basically this one is mostly synergy so it'll feel different playing it each time.
- Forced Fruition is 6 mana. Youll probably hit your land drops on time due to card draw but thats still 6 turns (5 at the soonest).
- Fast lands like Sulfur Falls are great but you wanna run 3 max. They dont work well together. If your opener is just a 2-1 split of your fast lands your gonna be behind. (Shocklands are worth it).
- Consider the following: Teferi's Ageless Insight, Ominous Seas, Blasphemous Act, Fate Unraveler, Molten Psyche, Spiteful Visions, Whispering Madness + unblockable creature, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, Dictate of Kruphix, Megrim, Dark Deal, Waste Not, (Magus of the Wheel is sadly not legal :( ), Psychosis Crawler, Howling Mine, Liliana's Caress, Temple Bell, Incendiary Command, Prosperity, Dragon Mage, Fell Specter, Kess, Dissident Mage, Sangromancer, Magus of the Jar, Laboratory Maniac, Thassa's Oracle, Nadir Kraken, Consecrated Sphinx, Baleful Strix, Sire Of Insanity, Reverberate, Wheel of Fate, Echo of Eons, Burning Inquiry, Scheming Symmetry, Font of Mythos, Otherworld Atlas, Spellbook, Crawlspace or Ensnaring Bridge, Jace Beleren, Ashiok, Dream Render, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Narset, Parter of Veils, Geier Reach Sanitarium.
- I hope thats helpful. There's a lot of similar affects so theres a lot of routes to go.
7 months ago
Cool deck, I think as far as spot removal goes your pretty good, plus your commander does a pretty good job at that. I usually run 4 or 5 board wipes, in EDH boards can easily get out of hand that need to be taken care of. I don't usually run too much graveyard hate, however a few cards cant hurt.
Other things. Personally I would run more ramp and draw, In EDH your in for the long run and its important to keep a full hand and have enough mana to play all the cards you want to play. I usually aim for close to ten of each In my decks, however it can vary from deck to deck.
If you want to try any other cards Greed is good, Black Market is fun but doesn't benefit from exiling idk, Sangromancer is nice and can gain you way too much life, Polluted Bonds can gain you some pretty consistent life and shut down land decks pretty hard, Whip of Erebos, Alhammarret's Archive.
Your decks pretty good as it is, don't let all my suggestions tell you otherwise. I hope you have a blast with EDH, it's my favorite format by a long shot, and I hope it becomes yours too :).