Creature — Vampire
Whenever Cordial Vampire or another creature is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on each Vampire you control.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Cordial Vampire Discussion
2 weeks ago
I agree with you that Gatekeeper of Malakir is a great card and it was difficult to remove it but the fact that my opponent gets to choose which creature gets sacrificed diminishes its power. I'm not saying that it wont get back into the deck sometime in the future but i feel that Cordial Vampire could be a larger presence on the field in most situations.
1 month ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions that may be useful to you.
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit (puts counters on everything that enters)
- Yawgmoth, Thran Physician (he can allow you to get creature dies triggers, put counters on creatures, and even proliferate the counters)
- Anointed Procession (more tokens)
- Carrion Feeder (a sac outlet to get triggers off of Felisa when you want the tokens, and in response puts counters so you can eventually sac it.)
- Elenda, the Dusk Rose (holy crap the synergy puts counters whenever things die which is often for the Felisa triggers, and eventually can die itself to put out an insane amount of tokens from its ability and Felisa's)
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen (will generate a ton of tokens for when it dies)
- Ashnod's Altar / Phyrexian Altar : Mana generating sac outlets so you can have Felisa triggers and get mana off of them)
- Cordial Vampire (there are quite a few vampires in the deck and this can allow this creature and other vampires benefit off of when your stuff dies which will be often for Felisa triggers, and by benefit I mean put even more counters to continue the process)
- Dragonscale General (you run a ton of creatures and this can take that and put a ton of counters on everything because of it)
- Gleam of Authority (since you'll be putting a ton of counters on things this can make a huge creature and also give other creatures more counters if necessary). High Sentinels of Arashin is sort of similar.
- Light of the Legion (fun card to use, helps put counters and even puts more when you kill it for tokens)
- Luminarch Aspirant (easy and quick way to get some recurring counters every turn)
There might be some more (I was sifting through the gatherer with a few parameters and found the stuff above, maybe you can find some too! If you want to pick up where I left off, I stopped around halfway through page 2 where Luminarch Aspirant is. Anyway though, hope this helps, be sure to check out some of my decks and drop an upvote if you like them, good luck on your deck, and have a great day! Cheers!
3 months ago
YamishiTheWickedOne, thank you for checking out the build and for the suggestions. Regarding said suggestions, I do have Thoughtseize in the sb, Inquisition of Kozilek is something I considered, but wasn’t sure if it should be part of the main or the side and how many. I agree Vampire Nocturnus is great, but a little slow for modern imo, even if it’s cheated out with sorin. Gatekeeper of Malakir was in an earlier build and is very solid, but only effective when kicked and if played on curve, it’s not the best turn 3 play since we’re already leaving mana open for Kalastria Highborn . Gifted Aetherborn is one of my favorite vampires, but didn’t seem to synergies as well in this particular build. Indulgent Aristocrat is another card I considered while building this, but decided against it because it’s a 1/1 and it costs 2 for the sac/buff effect, I do see a nice combo with Cordial Vampire tho. I could be completely wrong with the thought process, but will reevaluate things based on your suggestions.
3 months ago
ReignBeauxRida Thanks for having my back bud lol. I don't let the trolls get to me, he probably lives in his mothers basement. I'm adding The Ozolith and a couple more Cordial Vampire . This is just a first draft of the deck. Thanks fo r the feedback!!
3 months ago
I dont know if you're still using the site or the deck but here are a few things that id recommend; Shared Animosity for extra power, id swap metallic mimic for Door of Destinies that way you can add in Cordial Vampire , id remove Taurean Mauler for Vampire Nocturnus , i dont see any real reanimation there id add something like Patriarch's Bidding , you don't have any in case of emergency board wipes Kindred Dominance is good because it doesn't effect you. Cathars' Crusade can hit like truck and its another way of bulking up your creatures. land wise you could run Cabal Coffers just for the extra black mana. Id remove Reforge the Soul just on the basis there is no reanimation in the deck
4 months ago
Hey, good start on a budget.
Cards to consider cutting to make 100 cards:
- Beacon of Immortality
- Kazarov, Sengir Pureblood
- Vein Drinker
- Defiant Bloodlord
- Grisly Spectacle
- Archetype of Finality
- Arvad the Cursed
- Teysa Karlov
- Captivating Crew
- Bishop of Binding
- Regal Bloodlord
- Tempt with Immortality
- Solar Blaze
- Commander's Insignia
The cuts to consider above will reduce the mana curve a lot, but consider reducing it even more by adding more low CMC Vamps: one drops and two drops? With Edgar you want an established battlefield of Vamps to attack before you cast him. Lower CMC Vamps gives you more Vamps on the battlefield because each one also creates a Vamp token. Edgar is the high CMC Vamp you want to cast more the than the others therefore you don't really need lots of other high CMC Vamps or even high CMC nonVamp cards.
Vamps to consider adding that are $1-$2 each, most are less than $1:
- Knight of the Ebon Legion
- Vampire of the Dire Moon
- Shadow Alley Denizen
- Vampire Cutthroat
- Cordial Vampire
- Gifted Aetherborn
- Legion Lieutenant
- Olivia's Bloodsworn
- Nullpriest of Oblivion
If your budget allows more then these tribal Vamps are powerful upgrades:
- Captivating Vampire
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir
- Bloodline Keeper Flip
- Sanctum Seeker
- Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose
Some budget land upgrades for the manabase:
- Unclaimed Territory
- Caves of Koilos
- Concealed Courtyard
- Battlefield Forge
- Exotic Orchard
- Tainted Field
- Foreboding Ruins
- Brightclimb Pathway Flip
- Needleverge Pathway Flip
- Temple of Silence
- Temple of Triumph
- Temple of Malice
If interested I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
7 months ago
First, you have 4 taplands. Please, man, with a $200 budget you can fix 4. Exotic Orchard, The red Tainted land, Graven Cairns and friends. Easy, you can find a good number of them for $10-20 and make your manabase SO much better. The only one I'd even consider is the triland, and only because it taps for all three colors.
Also, cards like Village Rites become incredibly valuable. Rites itself is 1 mana draw 2, and the other versions(Costly Plunder, Altar's Reap) add a mana and instant speed. You'll have enough tokens that it's just free value here.
Between Champion of Dusk and Ad Nauseam, you've got some high power draw. IMO, just add some more tutors. Wishclaw Talisman, Scheming Symmetry, Grim Tutor are all plenty good to go get your nice Ad Naus or Champion to draw waaaay too many cards. For other tutors consider Brainspoil to get Ad Naus, Shred Memory for something like Cordial Vampire or Impact Tremors, and possibly Dimir Machinations and Dimir House Guard.
For win cons, consider Purphoros, God of the Forge. Deals damage twice as fast compared to Impact Tremors, and both of them are really solid cards. Burn at the Stake could probably take your horde of tokens and off somebody as well. Also tutorable by Brainspoil.
10 months ago
Landbase: if you want to stay around 21-22 lands, you might want to limit your 4 cost cards to around 4 total.
Spicy land: Stensia Bloodhall