Search your library for up to two basic Forest cards, reveal those cards, and put one onto the battlefield tapped and the rest into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Spell mastery — If there are two or more instant and/or sorcery cards in your graveyard, search your library for up to three basic Forest cards instead of two.
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Common|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Nissa's Pilgrimage occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
Nissa's Pilgrimage Discussion
5 days ago
1 week ago
Thanks for checking out the deck and for giving me some the tips! I gladly answer your questions:
- Tendershoot Dryad has been on the maybeboard for a long time, and I agree it would fit the deck perfectly. I really tried to add it, but I couldn’t find a good spot for it in the end :/. I kind of stopped trying after Field of the Dead satisfied my desire to add another token maker :).
- It is true that the deck wants to keep a low profile. However, that’s only until we are ready for a big explosive play! Omnath and baloth both provide that ability for explosiveness that I want with this deck. On average you should be able to get 2 lands out the turn you bring them out, which is already decent value if someone should indeed take it out. But their ceiling is pretty high combined with something like Scapeshift or Traverse the Outlands. So those 2 landfall creatures are not going anywhere :).
- I wrote about why I did not include Elvish Reclaimer in my M20 update. Short answer: it takes 3 turns before you can use the land you want, and that is too slow for what I want with this deck. I don’t think it compares that well with crop rotation, which gives you any land right now, untapped.
- Nissa's Pilgrimage is a bit too taxing for this deck as I only run 9 basics, and I don’t like that it doesn’t fix. In a similar vein, I valued Blighted Woodland over Myriad Landscape in this build, and there are no lands I want to cut for it atm.
- Castle Garenbrig is useful, but not necessary in this build. And unlike most other decks, every landslot here is super contested, so “useful” isn’t good enough to make the cut unfortunately :). Also, I don’t run that many creatures here.
- I don’t think Living Twister is all that good tbh. I agree that a commander deck should also function well without the commander, but that doesn’t mean it should always be able to do what the commander does. This deck has many paths to victory that do not require Mina and Denn.
- I got asked about Tempt with Discovery before. It is a fun card, but I personally don’t like that it is not reliable. Sometimes you might get lucky and get 4 lands, but most of the time I would get only one, ór my opponents do what they shóuld do and search for a strip mine and destroy the one land I actually wanted to get. The point is that there is no way to tell what you will get and I prefer reliability in my tutors.
- I used to run Kessig Wolf Run for a long time, but I removed it to test other lands. I assure you, the deck has plenty of staying power late game ;), but I agree it is a strong card to have access to. Maybe it will find it’s way back someday.
Thanks again for sharing your thoughts! I’ve been thinking to add a section to the primer to talk about cards that I did not include. Maybe I will start that soon :). I will also have a look at your modified deck list at a later time.
1 week ago
HeyBeebles awesome deck and primer I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!
I was thinking if the goal of the deck is to be unassuming would Tendershoot Dryad be a better fit than Omnath, Locus of Rage or Rampaging Baloths (I know blasphemous right) which are traditionally kill on sight targets for any land deck opponent. In addition the lack of haste or sac outlet enablers it feels like omnath is a sitting duck.
Another question would be why isn’t Elvish Reclaimer in the main board, yes it takes a turn to get going but a Crop Rotation effect is invaluable to up the consistency of the deck (especially during draw go turns)
Is there an argument to add Castle Garenbrig green ramp since most of your creatures are green, Living Twister a commander deck should be able to function without its commander and this mirrors M&D’s bounce ability, Tempt with Discovery vs Traverse the Outlands any land into play seems huge, Kessig Wolf Run Gives the deck late game staying power when even Dryad Arbor can swing for lethal
I’ve got an edited version on your list on my profile if you’re interested in taking a look
Thanks for the awesome deck!
1 week ago
As for Rahnun's suggestions:
- Grunn, the Lonely King
- Primordial Sage
- Guardian Project
- Gaea's Touch
- Nissa's Pilgrimage
- Llanowar Tribe
- Kodama's Reach
- Frontier Siege
- Greater Good
- Traverse the Outlands
- Grothama, All-Devouring
- Hunter's Prowess
- Evolutionary Escalation
- Cultivator of Blades
- Mossbridge Troll
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Forgotten Ancient
- Worldly Tutor
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Sylvan Library
- Force of Vigor
- Mirage Mirror
- Strionic Resonator
- Green Sun's Zenith
- Natural Order
- Sylvan Scrying
- Heroic Intervention
- Soul of the Harvest
2 weeks ago
I would cut the single-use pump spells like Giant Growth in order to fit more ramp. Farseek or Nature's Lore for Stomping Ground is a powerful turn 2 play. Cultivate , Kodama's Reach , and Nissa's Pilgrimage are also very strong. I think your deck could also do with some 1cmc dorks like Birds of Paradise and Elvish Mystic .
I think your deck lacks spell that generate card advantage. Birthing Pod , Lifecrafter's Bestiary , Guardian Project , Sylvan Library , Shamanic Revelation , Harmonize , Return of the Wildspeaker , Momentous Fall , and Life's Legacy are all examples of what I think your deck could benefit from.
3 weeks ago
I think your top-end needs at least 1 or 2 more big spells or creatures. Bane of Progress , Woodland Bellower , Greenwarden of Murasa , Rune-Scarred Demon - all of these are good value. Your pod/yisan chains are missing top-end payoffs like these.
3 weeks ago
Whats up captain? Happy holidays! I disagree with the user above regarding Carnage Tyrant . If you could describe your meta, it would help us with suggestions. It is an assured beater free from counterspell and removal. Hexproof is crucial in xenagos, especially in a meta like mine literred with spot removal.
- Beast Whisperer - With 1/3rd of your deck as creatures, he provides steady as opposed to burst card draw. Both IMO are crucial in a Xenagos deck.
- Harmonize - Decent card, decent ability, fairly priced. Something to consider
- Lifeblood Hydra - Beater, card draw and lifgain all in 1.
- Momentous Fall - Similar to life's legacy but can be used in response to removal
- Voracious Hydra - Beater and removal in 1
- Rancor - Trample
- Bolt Bend - OMFG THIS CARD IS SO F GOOD!!! --> Counters counterspells, redirects removal, and redirect some extra turn spells. All for . Nothing is worse than getting 2 for 1ed when attempting to use a card draw spell on your beater. This helps provide you with insurance that you get to keep your draw! This is the biggest issue with Xenagos
- Nissa's Pilgrimage - Ramp for T3 commander
- Springbloom Druid - Ramp for T3 commander
- Castle Garenbrig - Ramp
- Dread Statuary - Won me a couple games because I was able to have a creature after a board wipe to use for a draw spell.
- Myriad Landscape - Ramp
- Blighted Woodland - Ramp
- Raging Ravine - Manland
- Temple of Abandon - Not necessary but worth noting
Thanks for bringing Skullclamp to my attention, need to consider it.
4 weeks ago
I think your deck is in dire need of ramp. I would start with 1 drops: Search for Tomorrow , Expedition Map , Wayfarer's Bauble , Birds of Paradise , Noble Hierarch , Avacyn's Pilgrim . Maybe you want to focus on dorks since they synergize with your general and a few other cards in your deck, like Guardian Project . Then 2 drops: Nature's Lore , Rampant Growth , Into the North , and Farseek . 3 drops are harder to choose, but I think you could do with Nissa's Pilgrimage since half of your deck is green. Skyshroud Claim is the only 4-drop ramp spell that I think you should play.
I would cut some of the slow lands and play shocks. I also think you need to play more basics in order to facilitate more ramp and to protect yourself against land hate. Right now your manabase is extremely greedy and vulnerable to Blood Moon or Back to Basics effects. 38 lands is also a lot.