|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Common|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for up to two basic Forest cards, reveal those cards, and put one onto the battlefield tapped and the rest into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Spell mastery — If there are two or more instant and/or sorcery cards in your graveyard, search your library for up to three basic Forest cards instead of two.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||LegendDeer , ironax , CAPT.Shock , frederiklw , Vasbear1 , Vergil_Redgrail , Yawkcorb , corys , , brentkc49 , mordredaggrfall , Dsmonsta , rikertchu , nakni , ztanos , CastleSiege , dbp512|
Nissa's Pilgrimage Discussion
4 days ago
Hey TzickyT no worries, the community is here to help each other out!
Remember the Fallen would be great if you're building a Hunting Grounds / The Mending of Dominaria / Satyr Wayfinder / Mulch / Crucible of Worlds type deck (and others). At CMC3 it's pretty good, it returns a creature and an artifact, so it turns 1 card into 2 cards, just need a way to get the cards in the graveyard. Eternal Witness would be awesome in this build too. CMC3 is a bit slow for my strategy, and because it returns to the hand, and it's a sorcery, I wouldn't run it. If it was Instant, probably. Or if it was CMC2. If it slows me down a turn, it's not good for this build, have to fast infect and punch through (in this particular build).
It's funny I don't run any board-wipe in my build, this one is good because most cats can dodge it (before eminence). For CMC3 its very good. It's going to miss a bunch of creatures you really want to get rid of though, that something like Wrath of God will, could be a dead draw against certain commanders (tokens notably). It depends on your build, I don't see a Arahbo, Roar of the World in your public decks, but in my build, I use evasion (Sword of Feast and Famine, Sword of Fire and Ice, Trample, Doublestrike) to overcome blockers, I don't need to clear the board. I thought about Divine Reckoning as well, but I really dislike situational cards that may miss the real target. I'd probably also want protection, like Faith's Reward and abuse that infinitely, or Make a Stand / Rootborn Defenses / Teferi's Protection that type of effect to go along with it. I'm even contemplating taking out more protection / control to get more tutor, like Eldritch Evolution into the deck.
Blackblade Reforged with it's Equip 7 is too much. In my build, I'm not equipping Legendary creatures, Lost Leonin, Skyhunter Skirmisher, Adorned Pouncer etc. And rarely cast Arahbo, Roar of the World. There are some cool Legendary cats to equip, like Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist but I don't have enough Legendary to make it viable. It really needs Sigarda's Aid / Hammer of Nazahn / Puresteel Paladin / Balan, Wandering Knight / Stonehewer Giant / Stoneforge Mystic / Balan, Wandering Knight along with land enablers Cultivate / Kodama's Reach / Oreskos Explorer / Sword of the Animist / Nissa's Pilgrimage / Burnished Hart / Traverse the Outlands / Crucible of Worlds / Etc. A slight modification to this build could make it very effective. Because it doesn't have Trample, Haste, Lifelink, Draw, or Infect built in, it's not a priority. I'd still much rather have a Grafted Exoskeleton or a Steelshaper's Gift (or the likes) to Tutor my Grafted Exoskeleton, than draw a Blackblade Reforged. You'll also notice i've removed duplicate effects like I have Loxodon Warhammer but no Behemoth Sledge because they do the same things. I'd just rather tutor the better one Loxodon Warhammer in this case, than have 2 cards that do the same thing. Just my way of playing, I like consistency over force. I could see this with some nice Legendary creatures and enablers working out very well though, especially with Doublestrike/Trample mechanics. Imagine casting Berserk on a cat wielding this sword!! I do like this type of mechanic, and with you can overload the heck out of it, Lashwrithe is one of my favorites, nice too cause it's a living weapon. Would also be good on a Commander that does Commander damage as a strategy (Arahbo, Roar of the World doesn't do Commander damage)
All these are viable if properly supported in the deck. Like you wouldn't play a Prowling Serpopard in a Retribution of the Meek build, and Kemba, Kha Regent would be in a Blackblade Reforged build, as examples.
They all are too much protection, or potentially too slow / high CMC for me. I'm still testing whenever I can, deck is still not functionally perfect yet, but I do consistently pull my Lost Leonin + Eminence + Doublestrike enabler though, which is the goal! Much of the reason I don't play Lightning Greaves because I need to abuse the Eminence trigger.
2 weeks ago
You have two copies of Skyshroud Claim, replace one with Kodama's Reach. Consider replacing the mana dorks and rocks with more land ramp like Harrow, Search for Tomorrow, and Nissa's Pilgrimage. Dowsing Dagger Flip and Sword of the Animist are also helpful. Add Mirari's Wake as well. You might need to increase your land count a bit, maybe 36 lands.
Some of your creature choices seem a bit weird. Thornscape Familiar doesn't help much because most of your deck is green. What are you trying to do with the creatures, go wide or go big? Because Archangel of Thune and Emeria Angel are more for going wide. Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder is probably better than Silverblade Paladin. Emeria Shepherd is helpful if you replace some of the Forests with Plains.
Creatures you could try include Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Blightsteel Colossus, Combustible Gearhulk, Scourge of the Throne, Terastodon, Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, Xenagos, God of Revels, Gruul Ragebeast, Moldgraf Monstrosity, Molten Primordial, Artisan of Kozilek, and Void Winnower.
1 month ago
It looks good for a start! You'll have to play some actual games to see what works and what does not.
I assume you won't play with Savannah. So maybe add Temple of Plenty instead. Also, Selesnya Guildgate, Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse are nice and inexpensive lands. You might want to add them, because there were some situations where I was missing either green or white mana while goldfishing with your deck - especially because you have cards that cost two green mana and cards that cost two white mana in the 3mana-slot.
But that's all. Have fun with building the deck!
1 month ago
@ I was considering cutting Future Sight, but with all of the natural shuffle effects that come with ramp, it looked too good to cut - I suppose I won't be lacking in card advantage, though. Which ramp spells would you cut? I'm leaning toward Nissa's Renewal and Nissa's Pilgrimage, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.
1 month ago
Hey looks good for a first Commander deck. Azusa is all about lands and benefiting from being able to play more than one in a turn. 28x lands is not enough land to take advantage of her as Commander. I suggest 40x total lands.
Here's some suggestions of cards to consider adding (all cards are budget not one is over $7):
- Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse: these budget Fetch lands are great with landfall and Ramunap Excavator in combination with Azusa to chain landfall triggers
- Blighted Woodland: like Wilds and Expanse this is another powerful land for landfall and good with Excavator
- Ghost Quarter: unconditional land removal with no mana cost to activate, great with Excavator
- Temple of the False God: you'll get five lands into play pretty fast with Azusa making this land good
- Arch of Orazca: land that draws a card is good with excess mana
- Horn of Greed: You'll be playing more lands than your opponents each turn drawing a card each time you play one can give you a huge advantage. The draw only happens when a player plays a land, your opponents can only play one land each turn whereas you can play up to three lands per turn
- Sol Ring: staple Commander card, it's too good for only one mana
- Swiftfoot Boots: protect Azusa, give your big ramp creature haste
- Lotus Cobra: when landfall is a strategy then Cobra can make a lot of mana for a turn. Very good with budget Fetch lands and being able to play more than one land a turn
- Fierce Empath: tutor for a big creature such as Rampaging Baloths or Craterhoof Behemoth put it right into your hand
- World Breaker: good creature to ramp into versatile removal, can come back from the graveyard to play again. Blocks most flying creatures
- Soul of the Harvest: draw engine with other nontoken creatures
- Beast Within: unconditional instant permanent removal
- Genesis Wave: powerful spell to use a lot of mana with putting a lot of permanents directly into play
- Nissa's Pilgrimage: another Cultivate, land ramp that also puts a land into your hand to play with Azusa. Spell mastery is a nice bonus
- Harmonize: good draw spell for green
- Crop Rotation: tutor for any one land instant for one mana sac a land you control such as a Forest
- Sylvan Scrying: tutor for any one land put it into your hand great to find Wilds, Expanse or Blighted to start a landfall chain with Excavator
- Eldritch Evolution: sac a creature to tutor for another creature with a higher CMC. Example sac Llanowar Elves tutor for Excavator
- Green Sun's Zenith: tutor for any green creature equal to the amount of mana you pay to cast it put that creature directly into play. Zenith is then shuffled back into your library allowing you to possibly cast it again in the game if you draw it
- Nissa, Vital Force: use lands as 5/5 Elemental creatures, powerful -6 ultimate since you're playing a lot of lands each turn.
Suggestions of cards to consider cutting:
- Advocate of the Beast
- Atzocan Archer
- Baloth Pup
- Drove of Elves
- Durkwood Baloth
- Gnarlid Pack
- Grazing Whiptail
- Highspire Artisan
- Leafcrown Dryad
- Primal Huntbeast
- Ridgescale Tusker
- Territorial Baloth
- Mantle of Webs
- Desecration Plague
- Stinging Shot
- Lay of the Land
- Take Down
- Caravan Vigil
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
I didn't expect so many options! Here's what I'm interested in...
- Crop Rotation
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Tempt with Discovery
- Sylvan Scrying
- Rampant Growth
- Nissa's Pilgrimage
- Kodama's Reach
- Explosive Vegetation
2 months ago
Thrashing Brontodon for artifact/enchantment removal on decent sizable body?
Seems like the perfect list to include Rhonas the Indomitable in. Makes for a sweet early drop that still contributes to Ghalta's cost reduction even if you don't have another creature with power 4 or greater.
With all your big bois Ulvenwald Tracker makes for some nice, repeatable removal.
Scute Mob seems cute. Don't know how effective it'll actually be, but for a one mana investment it can't be that bad.
Surrak, the Hunt Caller to give Ghalta haste out of nowhere could make for some pretty explosive kills.
Polukranos, World Eater is a decent mana dump and early drop big boi that has a powerfully unique ability for green; killing swarms of dudes.
Might be a little expensive, but Selvala, Heart of the Wilds ramps you for stupid amounts of mana with Gishath out.
You might consider playtesting Khalni Hydra to see how often you can windmill slam it down onto the battlefield for low cost or even free.
Ripjaw Raptor is a swole creature for its cost and gives you card advantage in combat should your opponents decide to chump.
Emerald Medallion would probably be nice as a strange kind of ramp for green.
2 months ago
ude you need some card to build up lots and lots land like rampage decks.
cards like that would be fine. Nissa's Pilgrimage