|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Counterflux can't be countered by spells or abilities.
Counter target spell you don't control.
Overload (You may cast this spell for its overload cost. If you do, change its text by replacing all instances of "target" with "each.")
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (30)||bigc137 , Hootiequack , ChrisH , switchkill65 , , acbooster , sonnet666 , Nemesis , Jpegwun , ChainerDragon65 , plof , dplerner , frederiklw , mziter501 , Venser_the_Sojoner , philktoken8998 , vashaclarens , Va1mar , thetechzombie , Unlife , MattN7498 , meowCat1234 , bakunet , saj0219 , pskinn01 , HR19 , Swamy , ironax , rockleemyhero , LegendDeer|
|Want (2)||Ariumlegion , samuelianstorm|
1 week ago
Seething Song is already in my list; not sure why it isn't on here. I won't have more than one red ritual in the deck, I don't think, but I may replace Seething Song with one of the 2 cmc ones to help with Firemind's Foresight. Overwhelming Denial actually doesn't work well as a replacement for Counterflux, since Counterflux is in there to get rid of messy stacks, not to be uncounterable. I definitely should add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast; I have them sitting around somewhere, I think.
1 week ago
Its hard to give suggestions on sideboards because every local meta is different but here are some general suggestions
Valakut, Tron-Molten Rain
Devoted Druid, Tokens-Izzet Staticaster
Also, Opt may be better in your deck since its an instant and can protect your Exemplars
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
I typically try and stay away from SB recommendation because every local meta is different and I don't want to steer you wrong in any way. Since you specifically ask I'll try and just give very general suggestions.
It looks like you are lacking artifact hate for Affinity, Lantern, and KCI Combo
Enchantments can be very difficult for U/R to deal with so you will need bounce spells for cards like Worship, Phyrexian Unlife, and sometimes big planewalkers like Gideon Jura.
You will want some countermagic for control matchups
Here are some very matchup specific hate depending on what you are expecting
Affinity, Infect-Sudden Shock
Hope this helps some!
2 weeks ago
OK, now for cuts:
- Howl of the Horde is only really good in a deck that youre going to be attacking a lot. 3 mana for a Fork is too much here.
- Talrand's Invocation likewise doesnt do a lot. 4 mana for 2 2/2 fliers is bad in EDH, and 6 mana for 4 2/2 fliers with Riku isnt great either.
- Telemin Performance just doesnt do a lot.
- world of war is also mainly only good in attacking decks, and most of your win conditions are combos.
- Fabricate is good, but you dont have a lot of artifacts that are critical to your deck.
- Chandra, the Firebrand is also pretty much a 4-mana Fork, which still isnt great here.
- Desertion is good, but its just too much mana for a counterspell.
- Hinder was mainly used when the tuck rule was still in effect, where you couldnt return you commander to the command zone if it got put into your deck somehow. Now, its become outdated. Same with Spell Crumple.
- Increasing Vengeance is good, and could very well belong here, but Im not a huge fan.
- Counterflux, Plasm Capture, Void Shatter and Voidslime are also fairly expensive for counterspells in a deck that isnt hard-control.
- Manalith is too easily outclassed by other mana rocks.
- Archaeomancer is possibly too much mana for the effect. This one is more of a personal preference, but it could very well belong here. Im just not a huge fan.
- Melek, Izzet Paragon is also too much mana for too little reward.
In case you didn't notice, there's a little bit of a theme with the above cards. None of them are bad cards, but in most cases, you're spending too much mana for an effect you can get much cheaper with another card. Or, some of them just don't belong in the typical Riku build.
Well, in any case, thats all I have for now. If youd like some other comments (perhaps youd rather not run so many infinite combos), feel absolutely free to comment on my wall again; Id be happy to make another pass. Enjoy!
4 weeks ago
First pass at cuts.
Ankle Shanker, Baleful Strix, Bloodbraid Elf, Cromat, Daxos of Meletis, Dimir Doppelganger, Edric, Spymaster of Trest, Enigma Sphinx, Etherium-Horn Sorcerer, Giltspire Avenger, Harmonic Sliver, Jenara, Asura of War, Juniper Order Ranger, Knight of New Alara, Kresh the Bloodbraided, Lightning Angel, Madrush Cyclops, Magister Sphinx, Mantis Rider, Master Biomancer, Mystic Snake, O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami, Oloro, Ageless Ascetic, Pharika's Mender, Progenitor Mimic, Progenitus, Qasali Pridemage, Rubinia Soulsinger, Ruhan of the Fomori, Samut, Voice of Dissent, Shadowmage Infiltrator, Sharuum the Hegemon, Solemn Simulacrum, Stoic Angel, Surrak Dragonclaw, The Mimeoplasm, Thraximundar, Transguild Courier, Vulturous Zombie, Wall of Denial, Wasitora, Nekoru Queen, Witch-Maw Nephilim
Ajani, Mentor of Heroes, Bant Charm, Behemoth Sledge, Catch / Release, Citanul Flute, Counterflux, Crackling Doom, Crime/Punishment, Crosis's Charm, Cruel Ultimatum, Darksteel Ingot, Dreadbore, Dromar's Charm, Erratic Portal, Esper Charm, Expedition Map, Fellwar Stone, Fist of Suns, Flying Crane Technique, Fractured Identity, Ghirapur Orrery, Golgari Charm, Helm of Awakening, Hindering Light, Hunting Grounds, Mortify, Obzedat's Aid, Panharmonicon, Plasm Capture, Prophetic Bolt, Psychic Strike, Rakdos Charm, Render Silent, Signal the Clans, Spinal Embrace, Terminate, Unscythe, Killer of Kings, Utter End, Voidslime
This leaves you with 114 cards. Though I didn't really consider curve when I made these cuts so I don't know what will happen to that. Regardless, this would be my first pass at cuts.
4 weeks ago
As a way to abuse your creatures once they die, Moorland Haunt is in the colours. I also like the idea of using Mindbreak Trap against storm, because I can imagine this deck would have problems against them (A counterspell other than Counterflux won't do, because they make the copies before it resolves. Another cool idea is to use Curse of Exhaustion or Silence to mess with your enemy (Storm or not.) Grand Abolisher is also a fun bear in white, and though the mana cost isn't great, it is a fun and unique card for tempo.
I don't know, I am new to the game and I just want to give ideas xD
1 month ago
Your creature count seems a bit high - I'd recommend moving the Young Pyromancers to the sideboard, possibly in place of a Dispel and Counterflux, which allows you to add maybe more Mana Leak, Spell Snare, and/or Collective Brutality to your maindeck. 19 lands and 10 fetches also seems a bit off, maybe cut a couple of Scalding Tarns for Darkslick Shores and/or Spirebluff Canal. I'd also consider going up to 20 lands. In any case, good luck!