Choose two —
- Your opponents can't gain life this turn.
- Atarka's Command deals 3 damage to each opponent.
- You may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield.
- Creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain reach until end of turn.
Printings View all
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Atarka's Command occurrence in decks from the last year
- Will Atarka's Command deal damage to Planeswalkers?
- Silverfur Partisan
- If I play a creature after choosing the +1/+1 mode on card:Atarka's Command, does it still get the buff? For example, hitting it on cascade from card:Bloodbraid Elf. Since the elf isn't on the field, it wouldn't get the buff correct?
Latest Decks as Commander
Atarka's Command Discussion
1 month ago
Hi! This deck is very neat, Something I think would help you Is to replace some of your forests with mountains, since the majority of your deck is red and there's a lot of stuff with firebreathing. I also don't really know if Exploding Borders should be in this deck, since the best damage it can deal is 2. Perhaps replace it with Atarka's Command for more flavor or Firewild Borderpost as a budget option. I really like this deck though, it seems very capable of quickly beating someone's head in. Great deck!
2 months ago
Based off your description I assume you know you should be playing Eidolon of the Great Revel so I won't go on about that but you should play it. I'd try out Wild Nacatl and Atarka's Command in the deck if you can, its kind of meta reliant, if your local meta has lots of creature based decks, it'll absolutely ruin them. Plus the green splash gives you amazing sideboard cards like Destructive Revelry which will be really nice against all of the chalice of the void decks you're worried about.
Also, just don't play Abrade. I know what your thought process is around it, but it doesn't go face, so its not worth playing. I'd take it out entirely, replace it with better burn spells, and put 4+ pieces of artifact hate in the board, and take out the stony silence and angel's grace.
2 months ago
3 months ago
- Its not bad to have extra red sources, Im just pointing out that its a spot to make cuts if you need to for budget reasons.
- Whispersilk Cloak is unneeded you have flying which is enough evasion to get past a lot of creatures, plus they are big so they eat blockers fast. The 2nd part gives it makes it so not even you can interact with the creature. It pretty much unneed being your pay offs already have regenerate, or hexproof, or a form of protection. It can also just be a 3 mana do nothing. You can do bigger and better things with that mana. ( samething basically with Veil of Secrecy ).
- Atarka's Command is a sweet card i use to play it in my competitive burn deck. You dont really need it. You are only ever really swinging with 1 or 2 creatures so the buff doesnt help, and dont need reach. The land drop isnt that amazing. Which means skull crack is probably a better card if you really want anti-life gain. Which also isnt really a probelm. If they just sit there and gain life you just cast more threats.
- Ulvenwald Tracker and Domri, Anarch of Bolas are simular cards. They both offer the same amount kind of removal, but dom ramps you and buffs your creatures. As well as protects against counterspells. His abilites also dont tie up mana.
- As for sideboarding: what enchantment ruins your deck. You already have 2 main board options why have 3 more? Sideboard cards offer a solution to a problem. I dont know what probelm you are trying to fix. What matchup do you need Heartless Hidetsugu for?
4 months ago
I like the idea it reminds but me of my EDH Temur deck in the sense that its mostly one offs you lose consistency.
I have tried ramp/burn deck (Naya) before in Modern and the problem i had with it that i would draw part ramp part burn and be left with two incomplete strategies. my advice would be lean more into the blue side with your instants get counter spell to stop the opponent from winning Mana Leak Remand if you can Cryptic Command you need to draw the game out and buy time for your ramp. As for the ramp cards in the deck its plainly bad the idea of ramp is to get to ahead of the curve any one can cast a 6 drop at turn 6 but you need to be able to cast it at turn 4 or even 3 modern have a bunch of really good ramp Elvish Mystic Llanowar Elves Birds of Paradise and my favorite Arbor Elf + Utopia Sprawl or if creature ramp is not what you are looking for playing more than one land a turn Sakura-Tribe Elder Sakura-Tribe Scout Farseek and then one that people miss because the only use the +1/+1 reach and 3 damage option Atarka's Command early game it can help you ramp late game it can give you the last bit of damage you need. Bounce lands are bad in modern if you are not using Amulet of Vigor or you can play more than one land a turn
Savage Knuckleblade is really underrated in my opinion you are playing the right colors and its a good way to keep you opponent at bay combine it with other 3/4 drops to use as blockers
As for the big finishers it is up to you how you want to end it but get something to fetch the finisher when its time like Chord of Calling its an instant so you can do it on your opponents end step if you need to tap down you creatures or you can use it to get a 4 drop
5 months ago
I love midrange, so another Jund Orc Midrange commander!
Fec the Elder
Legendary Creature - Orc Archer
: Fec the Elder gains Reach and gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Whenever a spell you control targets at least two players, cards, and/or permanents, you may return it to your hand at the beginning of the next endstep.
Unfortunately, Atarka's Command doesn't work with this at all.
ninja'd, see above
5 months ago
how do you feel about Zurgo Bellstriker, Kari Zev, Skyship Raider and Domri, Anarch of Bolas for Mox Amber. I made a similar deck to this one but it uses Mox Amber. it seems to have a slight edge in the mirror. is there a reason you didn't go this direction? also Shrapnel Blast can be pretty big and playing a couple Darksteel Citadel doesn't seem like a huge cost if you do play Mox Amber. Atarka's Command seems insane every time you get it. interestingly I think taking the draw is better in the mirror which seems insane but shocking a t1 play is such a big game