Portent of Betrayal
Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn. Scry 1.
Printings View all
|Theros Beyond Death (THB)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Portent of Betrayal Discussion
3 months ago
Hmmm. Maybe Traitorous Greed instead of Portent of Betrayal unless, of course, you want the scrying benefit of Portent of Betrayal. Is the reason you want Yorion, Sky Nomad because you want to do a -3 or -X ability on Chandra, Awakened Inferno then blink her to get all her loyalty back?
3 months ago
These aren't listed in any order of priority...
1) Can we have it so if we type in the Godzilla card name of a creature that version of the card art will post/be listed.
2) When a Companion card is listed can it be changed so if I have cards in my Sideboard that don't meet my Companions restrictions it won't say my Companion isn't legal. i.e Say my Companion is Umori, the Collector and i chose creatures. My deck is all creatures no spells, artifacts, or Planeswalkers yet in my Sideboard there might be an enchantment or eight. Can we change it so it doesn't say: "Legality": "This deck is not valid to have Umori, the Collector as a companion"
3) How come when I try to delete decks the never go away? They'll say this deck is scheduled to delete in one or two hours. I sign back on eight hours later and a deck I've been trying to delete for two to three months is still there. I have fifteen pages of decks and I only want four to six.
4) Can we edit and or update the deck hubs? Maybe add: Muay Thai, where Aikido is solely defensive, Muay Thai is more if you attack me or cast spells at me or my permanents it's going to hurt you; Maybe add the Triome colors to the color combinations like Zagoth not just Sultai; Cycling; Flash; Companion; Treachery (for decks built around cards like Agent of Treachery, Portent of Betrayal, Act of Treason), Thrulls(I mean we have Saprolings); Satyr; Maybe delete: four color(all five colors in their different combinations are already there); Birthing Pod; Dark Depths; does Izzet Phoenix really need it's own catagory? It's not covered under Izzet or Phoenix?; Pox; Storm; Suicide Black(Isn't Mono-Black usually that anyway?); Maybe change Tron to Urza-Tron so people don't confuse it with Voltron;
5) I love you guys. These aren't complaints just my ideas. I've been on here for awhile because Tapped out rocks.
1 year ago
Strangelove, Thanks for the compliment! I'll be sure to check your deck out too! I ran Flayer of the Hatebound when I was testing the deck out to see if I wanted to put any money into it. I like how it performs, but the mana cost is pretty steep. It also only counts if the creatures come from my graveyard, whereas Marchesa, the Black Rose usually takes creatures from my opponents' graveyards. Similar deal with Geralf's Mindcrusher . Really cool card, but the cost is a little too steep for the effect. Think I might need to add that one to my The Scarab God deck though, so thanks for the recommendation.
Brine Shaman is pretty cool, but I dislike the fact that I have to tap it to sac a creature. I try to keep my sac outlets repeatable, in case I need to evacuate my field for whatever reason.
Molten Primordial was alright when I first played the deck, but the cost wasn't worth the effect. More often than not, only one or two players have creatures worth stealing. Tried Mob Rule and wasn't a fan of the performance it gave. Maybe I was using it wrong.
Abyssal Gatekeeper , Fleshbag Marauder & Co. are great for keeping opponents' fields empty, but that isn't necessarily what I want. I steal my opponent's Sun Titan (or whatever) using Portent of Betrayal (or another stealing card), swing at the opponent with the highest life total to trigger Marchesa, the Black Rose 's Dethrone ability, sac Sun Titan to the Phyrexian Altar , Ashnod's Altar , etc., and then the Sun Titan is mine for keeps! I do make thorough use of the Abyssal Gatekeeper , Fleshbag Marauder , etc. in my Meren of Clan Nel Toth deck, and they're absolutely great in that one! Just not too sure if they fit the theme here.
Graft seems like a neat idea, but I'm not sure if it'd fit in with the rest of the deck too well. Cytoplast Manipulator would be the only Graft card I might consider. It seems pretty fragile, to be honest.
Thanks so much for all of the suggestions! I'll be sure to check out your deck and see if I can make any recommendations as well.
1 year ago
Here's a version I made for under $30: Black Rose [Budget]
It's a got a huge pool in the maybeboard, check it out.
No one mentioned Flayer of the Hatebound . Auto-include, imo. With a sac engine, it does at least 9 damage at the end of each turn (36+ damage by your next upkeep)!
Geralf's Mindcrusher similarly mills 10-40.
Brine Shaman is cool.
Graft: I feel like Graft + Sac Engine + Marchesa is very strong. The only way your opponents can clear this combo is to waste a ton of removal (3+ to remove Marchesa), or wait for your Graft trigger (if you overextend your combo). Vigean Graftmage protects Marchesa immediately on turn 4. They're also good fodder, like anything with Undying, to feed things like Altar of Dementia once each turn.
1 year ago
Secondo me devi impostare il mazzo più verso il fare attaccare gli avversari tra loro e fargli perdere tempo per poi tirare fuori una finisher. Inoltre non hai nessun vantaggio dallo scartare, perché non hai cose come Liliana's Caress, wheels o carte con Madness, di conseguenza taglierei anche da quella parte. Quindi toglierei alcune delle carte tax che hai messo. Proporrei cose del genere:
- Harsh Mentor -> Again, una tax abbastanza gratuita che però ti rende il tizio fastidioso #1. Non è ciò che vuoi, ti servono cose più subdole. Tipo Hunted Dragon.
- Sire Of Insanity -> Spezza le tattiche a tutti, ma anche a te. Non lo ritengo utile, soprattutto perché non carte con madness, né carte sufficenti con flashback, emerge, ecc. Meglio un Combustible Gearhulk che ti fa pescare. In rosso. 6/6 first strike.
- Dark Ritual -> Non è forte come Mana Geyser. Se non sei un mazzo combo, non te ne fai nulla di una carta così.
- Hero's Downfall -> Ruinous Path e risparmi.
- Rakdos Charm -> Nessuno dei sui effetti è così utile, se non forse esiliare il cimitero, but then again... Bojuka Bog?
- Dreadbore -> Murder e risparmi.
- Vandalblast -> Costa davvero tanto. Fai tu, ma non vedo tutta questa necessità di spaccare tutto. hai già molto removal per gli artefatti, potresti investire quei denari altrove.
- War's Toll -> Heartless Hidetsugu è meglio non metterti un bersagio sulla testa grosso come war's toll. L'hidetsugu è più democratico.
- Worn Powerstone -> Citadel of Pain perché la Powerstone fa schifo. Meglio una carta che gioca contro chi vuole fare il cheesy. Oppure Talisman of Indulgence.
- Hissing Miasma -> Skyline Despot meglio avere più carte che ti rendono monarca che un side effect come questo enchantment. Se vogliono attaccarti, lo faranno comunque. L'unica ragione per cui invece Marchesa's Decree va bene è perché ti rende monarca.
Io tenterei di mettere tante carte che ti fanno rubare cose agli avversari, perché è un modo swag di rompere le balle. Ci sono così tante carte con questo effetto, che rischi di poter anche non mettere Insurrection, più che altro perché è difficile da trovare e costosa. Dico cose come:
- Molten Primordial
- Grab the Reins.
- Act of Aggression.
- Necromantic Selection.
- Mark of Mutiny.
- Traitorous Instinct.
- Captivating Crew.
- Mass Mutiny.
- Lose Calm.
- Might Makes Right.
- Press into Service.
- Conquering Manticore.
- Portent of Betrayal.
- Malevolent Whispers.
- Harness by Force.
- Limits of Solidarity.
Oltre a ciò, ti consiglio carte swag che sicuramente sono divertenti come:
- Null Profusion.
- Last One Standing mi fa veramente ridere. Swag.
- Nettling Imp è un fck you in particular.
- Vial Smasher the Fierce come cacchio fa a non essere già nel mazzo???
- Lightning Reaver è forte, inolte è quel tipo di danni che non ti rende target #1 da subito.
- Khorvath's Fury è red draw... hello?
- Fellwar Stone è ottimo ramp.
- Staff of Nin.
- Bitter Feud.
- Palace Siege.
Scusa se non ti ho commentato tutte le carte, ma sono un pelo di corsa. Ne possiamo piuttosto parlare quando ci vediamo.
1 year ago
2 years ago
Quicksilver Amulet - you have like 11 creatures over CMC 4 and can use it to flash stuff in.
Belbe's Portal - pretty much same as above.
Might also consider some creature cost reducers as well, like Urza's Incubator, Semblance Anvil, or Herald's Horn. Especially since you say you want to cast stuff free but don't really have many creature cheaters, nor cmc reducers in the deck.
Mirage Mirror - Works awesome with Sunbird's Invocation, but also with your creatures to give you an instant copy of a fatty as needed, as well as a few creature abilities (especially Combat Celebrant!). Plus lets you also copy opponents stuff too to use their own stuff against them. "Nice Wound Reflection you have there..." And if you know how to play it on the stack properly you can use it to get multiple effects in a turn for things.
Prophetic Prism seems like a waste in a mono deck.
Mimic Vat - Oh no, they killed one of your titans! Or something cool that has an ETB, or other ability. Good thing you can make a copy of it, but with haste, for a turn, at instant speed. Or maybe they have something cool you killed off that you want...
Rogue's Passage - let your fatties just walk on through.
Quietus Spike - because it's fun to be a dick :D
I have a BU Vela deck, Vela's toys bring her pleasure and you pain, that's built on cheating out artifacts and creatures. While it's not like your deck (though I originally used Eldrazi instead of artifact creatures in orig version), it may give you some more ideas for how to cheat in stuff.
Also, don't skip decks in the "Advertise your COMMANDER deck!" thread ;)
2 years ago
If you have any suggestions on removing or adding in cards let me know. I know One guy in the group has a Krenko deck. Another has a 5 Colored. Thats all I know for right now. thank you
Would like to keep it at a 80 Red/White Angel/Dino Deck
1x Cast Out
1x Absolute Law
1x Devil's Play
1x Angel's Tomb
1x Sol Ring
1x Mob Rule