|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Duel Decks Anthology (DD3)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Heroes vs. Monsters (DDL)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Chandra (DD2)||Uncommon|
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Magma Jet deals 2 damage to target creature or player. Scry 2. (To scry 2, look at the top two cards of your library, then put any number of them on the bottom of your library and the rest on top in any order.)
Magma Jet Discussion
3 weeks ago
lukas96 Firstly, thanks for the response! For the lands I feel 19 Mountains is the least you could run before hurting yourself, besides they go red after Blood Moon drops. Abrade I want 2 of going forward. Magma Jet I agree is preference and I want to play around with both of these options going forward. I do agree Artisan is worst Chandra most of the time, her ability is still strong and threats for big damage if not answered. Plus with Meddling Mage being popular having a alternate turn 4 Chandra might save us in a pinch. Lastly, SSG is a weird card that I want in the main but seeing some recent lists with it on the side makes me think its best including against unfair decks to apply an early threat faster to match their speed. Otherwise Ricochet saved me one game by swerving a Dovin's Veto which might be relevant, dragon-claw against burn which I know is less frequent, but with a LGS might be more common seeing these cheaper decks about so hence the inclusion.
1 month ago
OK, let us see…
Land creature ratio:
- Try 22 Lands instead of 20 (trust me on this).
- 25 – 26 creatures are just fine.
- 12 – 13 spells.
- Replace Cinder Glade or Rootbound Crag with Game Trail (Since you are on a budget).
- 1x Kessig Wolf Run .
- Add 1x Forest or another Cinder Glade , Rootbound Crag , Game Trail or Kazandu Refuge .
- Daybreak Ranger Flip good card, but usually better as sideboard, whenever you face tons of flyers or when in need for extra removal. I would replace the whole set with Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, faster, cheaper (in both mana and dollars) and helps a lot to keep your hand and board full of wolves. Another budget replacement, could be Gatstaf Shepherd Flip, same cmc, goes for like 20 cents the copy and has intimidate.
- Geier Reach Bandit Flip another pretty good card, but I would just main 2 copies, more than that is usually not great, and this opens space to great finishers like Kruin Outlaw Flip.
- You have a ton of “Lord Effects”, so Reckless Waif Flip might be a good addition, since she has better body than Village Messenger Flip. Maybe tun a mix of both? Also could replace some Bandits to make the deck more aggro.
- Now about Silverfur Partisan . Most people think that you need a bunch of instants to cast on it yourself to justify its inclusion. WRONG! Even though that is a way to make it work, and even thought there a couple of cool combos with Zada, Hedron Grinder , it is not its main role. While in play, the partisan gives you a wolf for EVERY TARGETED WOLF OR WEREWOLF, which means that for every removal spell they cast on your creatures, you get a free replacement, which is great against some heavy removal decks. Remember that Werewolves have 3 main weak points, fliers, removal and mass removal. A great side board card.
- Magma Jet is not good here. I get the scry thing and all, but damage is more important for wolves. The obvious is Lightning Bolt , but usually with the money of just one copy, you can get 4x Lightning Strike or Incinerate or even something like Arc Trail (not recommended).
- Rabid Bite this is a terrible, ugly, and horrible card. Never ever use it! Try Pounce instead.
Hope this helps! Be kind and have fun.
1 month ago
I'd look at skewing things towards more creatures- mainboarding servants, cutting the number of Increasing Savagery / Bioshift / Forced Adaptationfor cards like
Deeproot Champion Merfolk Branchwalker Feral Hydra Grim Initiate Mistcutter Hydra Pollenbright Druid Quirion Dryad Runaway Steam-Kin Scrounging Bandar Stromkirk Noble Simic Initiate Vastwood Hydra Young Wolf
Keeping your creature count high massively increases the reliability of lists like this without breakning the bank. I'd also look at Temple of Abandon , Magma Jet , Cream of the Crop and Thunderous Wrath - the red and green miracles are really good with a little support, especially maindeck noxious.
3 months ago
Yeah I know the cards I suggested are not instant, but considering their mana costs and the fact you might want to use the prowess ability during your turn as well...
Enigma Drake might be too slow, of course, and your 1.70 average CMC makes a good point.
3 months ago
I play a really similar deck in my local pauper tournaments, and i have to say that Firebrand Archer is a must have, possibly over delver. Kiln Fiend is the best creature by far, but in my testing delver is just a bit too slow and doesn't have quite the same explosive power. Archer is a good middle ground and can push some damage through in case you aren't able to attack for some reason. Magma Jet is a solid pick for setting up for your kill turn and Expedite can often win the game on its own much faster than you should win. Uncaged Fury is a bit slow but can give some consistency to the deck so you have more double strike than just Battle Rage.
4 months ago
- 4 Ghitu Lavarunner
- 4 Vision Skeins
- 1-2 Comet Storm
- 1-2 Icy Blast
- 1 Magma Jet
- 1 Baral, Chief of Compliance
- 4 Lightning Bolt
- 4 Opt
- 4 Nimble Obstructionist
- 2 Spell Snare
- 2 Wandering Fumarole
- 1-2 Adeliz, the Cinder Wind
4 months ago
4 months ago
Guttersnipe is what you need, with 28 instant/sorcery it is a must. I would replace Lightning Strike with Magma Jet for the scry 2 effect. Check my similar deck, Guttersnipe's Burning Rage. You should consider Sunscorched Desert as well. Otherwise it's a good budget deck, maybe you could remove a couple of spells to ad Quest for Pure Flame , it's really easy to trigger and would double damage around turn 3/4.
Magma Jet occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.05%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%