|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Rare|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dragon
When Hoarding Dragon enters the battlefield, you may search your library for an artifact card, exile it, then shuffle your library.
When Hoarding Dragon is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you may put the exiled card into its owner's hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||RPG_FOX , Wolfebladeelite , bradyofportdetroit , switchkill65 , geazykagar , Ellyreia , joshw335 , thetechzombie , darthnuchi , Msgstallion , NobleSlay3r , bakeraj4 , sonnet666 , johnsongrantr , philktoken8998 , saj0219 , MattN7498 , Big-Foot|
Hoarding Dragon Discussion
1 week ago
Any particular reason you're not running Mesmeric Orb? I'd think a deck focused on getting creatures into the yard would sooner use this than a lot of the crappier draw / discard cards you currently have.
And why no Combat Celebrant? It goes infinite with Feldon by itself (and also with Kiki).
And I hate to point it out, but Humble Defector is really really bad here. You can't sacrifice something you don't control, so if you hand this off to an opponent they'll get to keep it. Blegh... (The same is true for Starke of Rath, btw.)
I also agree with the other posters that a lot of the card parity cantrips you're using are dubious at best. Magmatic Insight is one of the worst offenders imo, as you're never really going to want to discard a land.
Some of the others that seem less than playable to me:
- Burning Inquiry, -1 Card Advantage, Random
- Collective Defiance, -1 Card Advantage, The other modes are meh.
- Shattered Perception, -1 Card Advantage,
- Dangerous Wager, is almost never CA
- Fateful Showdown, -1 Card Advantage, high mana cost, extra effect isn't worth it.
Here are some discard outlets to consider in their place:
- Sneak Attack, The best discard outlet that isn't even a discard outlet. Just lets you dump creatures out of your hand, and you don't care that they die because Feldon.
- Mask of Memory, Continuous CA, Low investment
- Memory Jar, Costs as much as a Reforge the Soul but can be recurred and generally leaves your opponents feeling worse than you.
- Chandra Ablaze / Chandra, Flamecaller, These two are a maybe. Continuous wheeling is nice, but 6 mana is kinda hefty.
Some other suggested edits:
- Cut Treasure Map, It does nothing.
- Cut Past in Flames, I'm really not a fan of this in a deck that doesn't run rituals, too mana intensive.
- Cut Purphoros, God of the Forge, I see the point of Fanatic of Mogis, but unlike him, Purph really is win-more. You're not dropping enough creatures to kill anyone with him, so outside of the Worldgorger combo he's completely useless.
- Swap Swiftfoot Boots for Lightning Greaves, Like, really?
- Swap Forgotten Cave for a Mountain, Less lands coming in tapped the better.
- Swap Ghost Quarter for Strip Mine
- Swap Urabrask the Hidden for Magus of the Moon, At 5 mana, you don't need the haste. You might as well have a better stax effect.
- Hellkite Tyrant, Landing a hit will put you way ahead.
- Balefire Dragon,
- Hoarding Dragon, Feldon's ability makes this less slow and risky. Is still a little slow and risky.
- Apocalypse & Jokulhaups, These with Feldon bringing back Worldgorger in response are just as good as a double activation.
1 month ago
No, you don't draw a card.
First we need to understand what "Dies" means.
From the Comprehensive Rules (Ixalan (September 29, 2017))
700.4. The term dies means is put into a graveyard from the battlefield.
Then based on the rules for Leyline of the Void we have these to statements
-Leyline of the Void's second ability prevents cards from ever reaching your opponents' graveyards. Abilities that would trigger when those cards are put into an opponent's graveyard (such as Hoarding Dragon's last ability) won't trigger.
-Leyline of the Void's second ability doesn't affect token permanents that would be put into an opponent's graveyard from the battlefield. They'll be put into that graveyard as normal (causing any applicable triggered abilities to trigger), then they'll cease to exist.
1 month ago
Mmkay. I'm a guy who likes a bit of spite in my games, so land destruction sounded like fun.
Probably add Where Ancients Tread for redundancy. Anvil of Bogardan is awesome and also forces opponents to discard. Grimoire of the Dead is also just absurd if your opponents can't answer it. Jaya Ballard, Task Mage is DEADLY in a blue-heavy meta. Hoarding Dragon, though not very offensive, can search up caged sun. Stalking Vengeance, given time to sit, is immensely powerful removal. Hoard-Smelter Dragon is great artifact removal. Heartstone accumulates a LOT of value over time. Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker is a free extra Feldon. Skullclamp is also a pile of value.
Also sorry about those that I didn't notice. I'm blind I guess.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Hoarding Dragon plus Elixir of Immortality help you reset your deck. Shifting Shadow and Call to the Kindred are both fun sources of card advantage in a tribal deck. Cairn Wanderer also seems like a decent fit here. Crux of Fate is a sweeper you might consider.
3 months ago
Its kind of like imprint. Hoarding Dragon has a similar effect as well. Its not as though the effect isnt useful, it just needs to find a power level and a flavourful purpose that people can accept.
Exile a card/cardtype from battlefield/hand, attached to a permanent. Trigger in response to thing happening.
What would that look like in a way that people would be happy with it?
4 months ago
Could it be worth running Hoarding Dragon to tutor up Fist of Suns?
4 months ago
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 7 | 8 COMMENTS | 617 VIEWS | IN 4 FOLDERS
I tried to follow a little different approach by trying to fit in some nice infinite combos. The question is: Are cards needed for the infinite combos ( Sakura-Tribe Scout, Walking Atlas, Thornbite Staff) worth it? Or would you rather play cards like Akroma's Memorial, Eldrazi Monument or Eternal Witness? Also, what do you guys think of Hoarding Dragon as an artifact tutor (since there is close to nothing else)? And last but not least: What would you swap for Hour of Promise? Or wouldn't you play that card at all?? And maybe you still have more suggestions, I'd be more than happy to hear them!