|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
If a creature you control would deal damage to a creature or player, it deals double that damage to that creature or player instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (32)||ironax , Justinaut , sonnet666 , Pumpkinking913 , acbooster , Supremespeed , Vasbear1 , PhotogenicParasympathetic , AlucardZain , TheRealPeaches , Spinalripper , Shiromakuro , rhinoloupe , rikertchu , MattN7498 , Wolfninja , Venser_the_Sojoner , Bluboltar , rockleemyhero , firemind12 , Mortiferus_Rosa , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , , techneil , Tiddilywinkus , BlueMageBrandon , Ellyreia , Nemesis , ChainerDragon65 , cryptoplasm , darthnuchi , perrin515|
|Want (38)||blancspace , Supremespeed , xcman380 , PopeJonIII , Minimatte , afeuling , psoliver , xander025 , wlbreda , HehaGardenHoe , thegreatj03 , CryAll , kvfd1719 , Anti_Vegan , kingness701 , Loading_Error , WhipJr , king0fclubs , Lazysaurus , marsp44 , XxDreMisterxX , pumahands , pcwood , HowIett , cannon_Spectacle , Blobby_Bobby , braveotternash , AeroArchery , Cunningcrow , pmpott , Dragonsound , Ariumlegion , cartemagic , twospires , Pshar , leakypen , GarethGrey , theilluminaire|
Gratuitous Violence Discussion
1 day ago
Deep-Sea Kraken is great as it will cast and dome some one for 10; it may even come out and do it on an opponents turn for free.
Gratuitous Violence is another fun card to help close out the game.
Rewind I find as a great counterspell in this deck as I always want to cast spells on my opponents turns and this helps that out especially if you have lands that tap for more then one mana.
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
griffstick I didn't even think about tossing in infect...good call. I may opt for Gratuitous Violence over Dictate of the Twin Gods just because it targets my opponents and not me....but who knows right.
1 month ago
Wow, lots of tips Saljen. First of all: Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave some feedback! I think I’ve considered most of your mentions though and ended up not including them due to certain preferences. Lots of cards to respond to, so here goes:
- I used to run Hour of Promise and I like the card. However, I ended up cutting it when other land tutors were printed. I think it was Pir's Whim that has taken its place.
- Constant Mists I also used to run, but I found that I did not run enough cards that synergize with it. I would probably put it back if I ever change the list to be more graveyard-oriented (similar story for Sylvan Safekeeper), or if my meta starts playing more aggro. It is a card I really like though, so I would like to run it again.
- I’m aware of the Abundance Sylvan Library combo, but that situation will occur very rarely (especially as I run no ways to tutor for enchantments). So most of the time Abundance will see play on its own. And as a stand-alone card, I do not think it warrants a spot in the deck. Same story with Prismatic Omen, which only other synergy is it makes Dark Depths and Glacial Chasm tap for mana. These cards are great when they combo, but mediocre when they don’t imo. Gratuitous Violence only works when creatures deal damage, so I don’t see how that helps with valakut…
- Eternal Witness and Skullwinder are indeed great recursion cards! However, I run witness in so many decks already so I wanted to focus on lands in this list for my recursion cards for some variety. I prefer those recursion cards over witness and skullwinder.
- I never really read Realm Seekers well enough it seems :). Will reconsider that card!
- I’ve built this deck to make the lands shine! Magus of the Moon and Blood Moon turn the stars of my deck into mountains… I agree they are great cards for stalling opponents, but it goes against what I want to do with this deck. Also, I tend to steer away from cards that mess with my opponents' lands (already cut Jokulhaups for that reason). That’s also why I’m also not running Vorinclex.
- Yavimaya Hollow is useful, but not necessary in this list I think. I never really considered it for this deck however. So I will do that :)!
- I did not include Realms Uncharted in this list as I’m not focusing on graveyard synergy. But I never considered it in combination with Petrified Field, so maybe that will change things ^.^. However, I do really like the land tutors that are already in the deck.
- Wheel of Fortune is awesome. However, I only have one of them, and I put that one in a Daretti deck, where it is more valuable for the deck strategy. Here I can run other carddraw and not feel bad about it ;). I don’t think it makes a big enough difference here to warrant that price tag.
- T&N I am already considering in this deck, but haven’t decided on it yet :). Insurrection is nice, but does not have any synergy here with the strategy or themes (I do run it in another deck where I think it is more at home).
- I agree Decimate and Gleeful Sabotage are decent removal options, but I prefer the removal pieces I ended up selecting for this list.
- You did see I only run 5 mountains right? I don’t see how Boundless Realms is going to kill all opponents with Valakut unless I have valakut copied a bunch of times and if I have a bunch of other cards in play as well that I don’t run. I actually wrote quite extensively about why I do not run Boundless Realms in my description and I stand by those arguments.
Thanks a lot for dropping by. I will consider realms uncharted, petrified field, yavimaya hollow and realm seekers ;).
1 month ago
Hour of Promise can either grab the full Dark Depths combo, or it can grab Valakut + T-Stage, which gives you a lot of options. It can also pull out any other combination of helpful lands, like Glacial Chasm.
Constant Mists is a way to take advantage of your mass of lands, and can let you stay in the game far longer than you have any right to with this card.
Sylvan Library + Abundance is a pretty sweet little combo that lets you draw 3 cards per turn. Since Abundance "draw" triggers don't actually draw, but rather place the cards in your hand, as long as you trigger Abundance on all three Library triggers, you get to draw 3 cards. Both cards are obviously pretty good on their own too.
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is just a stupidly awesome power-house. Not only does he double your mana, but he shuts down your opponents plays for as long as he's in play.
Realm Seekers often comes down with 15+ +1/+1 counters and can single-handedly set up any land combo you want.
Magus of the Moon and Blood Moon are great for stalling out opponents. They have the side effect of turning off Valakut though. I run them in my R/G Borborygmos deck and they pay off more often than they mess you up.
Sylvan Safekeeper can help you keep your permanents safe while throwing lands in the yard for later use.
The main reason to run Boundless Realms is as a win-con once Valakut is in play. It can often give you enough bolts to take out all of your opponents.
1 month ago
Thank you ZendikariWol for clarifying.
It is to be noted that Vicious Shadows activates when any creature dies, yours or not. However, it would indeed require a sac outlet to make it ruthless in this deck, so maybe I am just being my usual greedy self.
Adding to that the consideration of the casting costs for Vicious Shadows and Stalking Vengeance, I agree that Pandemonium and Warstorm Surge would be better choices.
2 months ago
Since its easier to kill creatures than anything I stay away from cards like Dragonspeaker Shaman. I'd replace it with a mana rock.
Gratuitous Violence doubles all your creature damage, even non-combat damage.
3 months ago