If a creature you control would deal damage to a creature or player, it deals double that damage to that creature or player instead.
|Want (4)||MagicWar , Mr.Bubbles11 , Jaguarphd , drevolution|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Gratuitous Violence occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Gratuitous Violence Discussion
20 hours ago
1 week ago
OK. Last one I swear, but Embercleave seems like a good add, outside of combo pieces. Budget permitting, of course.
Oh, and Gratuitous Violence for when combos don't pop off.
1 week ago
So the changes have been made. Here's what I decided:
1) Easily, Atarka, World Render improves the 99 by replacing Rampaging Brontodon. The double strike-enabling for dragons is more valuable than the power toughness buff of Rampaging Brontodon's attack trigger.
2) Questing Beast replaces Vivien's Arkbow. Vivien's Arkbow requires a lot of resources and the deck seems smoother with Questing Beast in its place. Questing Beast is too good to not be included in the deck.
3) Savage Ventmaw replaces Mana Geyser. I actually prefer Savage Ventmaw over Kozilek, Butcher of Truth in this spot. Without any of the spells that used to be included with the previously discussed token package, keeping Mana Geyser in the deck seemed to be an oversight. Savage Ventmaw's attack trigger will help mitigate the loss of this ramp spell.
4) Deflecting Swat replaces Chord of Calling. Chord of Calling is more difficult to cast without the presence of token creatures to help convoke it. In this exchange, a premium for protection was eye-balled. Unfortunately, a copy of Heroic Intervention currently is unavailable, but Deflecting Swat is a great runner-up!
5) I will continue to play-test and game-play with Lurking Predators. In the current deck list it replaces Gratuitous Violence, which was going to be replaced by Fiery Emancipation. This is a work in progress, as Gratuitous Violence has been a great card in the deck for me for a while. I'm open-minded, however, and will continue to give Lurking Predators a chance.
6) Lastly, Inkmoth Nexus is out and Field of Ruin is in. Inkmoth Nexus will find residence in another EDH/Commander deck. Its ability is rarely activated, if ever, by me in this deck. As such, substituting a more helpful land like Field of Ruin and its Maze of Ith-destroying capabilities seems like an easy swap.
And that's the way the news goes. I look forward to continue play-testing and game-playing Xenagos, God of Revels.
2 weeks ago
You might like these: Storage Matrix, Ward of Bones, God-Pharaoh's Statue, Destructive Urge, Possessed Portal, Smokestack, Uba Mask, Conquer, Vandalblast, Curse of Opulence, Angel's Trumpet, Silent Arbiter, Bloodthirsty Blade, Rite of Flame, Gratuitous Violence, Eidolon of the Great Revel
3 weeks ago
Some changes that are on the horizon:
Change #2, #3 & #4
Chord of Calling, Mana Geyser and Vivien's Arkbow are on their way out. I've discussed Chord of Calling and Mana Geyser already. I sense Vivien's Arkbow can be replaced with a more impactful card, as the resources needed to use Vivien's Arkbow is high and the return is not always justified or realized. For these three cards, I think the following additions are fine replacements:
I like all of these potential additions, but only have space for three of them currently. Availability, play-testing and game-play will eventually tell the story. Initially, this is how I rank these four cards:
Fiery Emancipation is going to replace Gratuitous Violence. For an extra we triple damage from any source as opposed to just doubling creature damage. This is a definite upgrade, even if we only have a few sources of non-combat damage (Chandra's Ignition, Drakuseth, Maw of Flames, and to a lesser extent Blasphemous Act and Star of Extinction). Imagine Fiery Emancipation and Chandra's Ignition!?!
I am wary about adding lands that destroy lands. My concern is the response of the meta-game, and how much over-correction through escalation this may procure. I'm not a fan of land destruction and would not want the inclusion of multiple lands that can destroy lands to be met with mass land destruction or the targeted removal of mana-bases. I prefer to add more protection, such as Heroic Intervention and Deflecting Swat. These spells will dance around Maze of Ith and allow us to push for lethal. I do believe that I can find a place for Field of Ruin. At least the land is replaced and removes one threat. I think swapping in Field of Ruin for Inkmoth Nexus is reasonable.
This will be the next series of changes. More information to come through play-testing and game-play.
Thanks again for your evaluation!
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
Cool deck! Nothing beats smashing face. You might like these: Wild Beastmaster, Overwhelming Stampede, Syr Faren, the Hengehammer, Knollspine Dragon, Unleash Fury, Rabble-Rouser, Cultivator of Blades, Berserkers' Onslaught, Gratuitous Violence, Angrath's Marauders, Ilysian Caryatid, Viridian Joiner, Invigorate, Strionic Resonator, Polyraptor, Druid's Call
4 weeks ago
Cool idea! You might like these: Mogg Maniac, Spiteful Sliver, Stuffy Doll, Coalhauler Swine, Arcbond, Pariah's Shield, Wall of Souls, Druid's Call, Sheltering Ancient (make opp's dude big, then fight it with taunter!), Evolutionary Escalation, Spiteful Shadows, Binding Agony, Gratuitous Violence, Dictate of the Twin Gods, Trove of Temptation, Lure.