|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
If a creature you control would deal damage to a creature or player, it deals double that damage to that creature or player instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (33)||ironax , Justinaut , sonnet666 , Pumpkinking913 , acbooster , Supremespeed , Vasbear1 , PhotogenicParasympathetic , AlucardZain , TheRealPeaches , Spinalripper , Shiromakuro , rhinoloupe , rikertchu , MattN7498 , Wolfninja , mycheze , firemind12 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Mortiferus_Rosa , Venser_the_Sojoner , rockleemyhero , Bluboltar , , techneil , Tiddilywinkus , BlueMageBrandon , Ellyreia , Nemesis , ChainerDragon65 , cryptoplasm , darthnuchi , perrin515|
|Want (37)||kpral , blancspace , Supremespeed , xcman380 , PopeJonIII , Minimatte , afeuling , psoliver , xander025 , wlbreda , HehaGardenHoe , thegreatj03 , CryAll , kvfd1719 , Anti_Vegan , eastly , kingness701 , Loading_Error , WhipJr , Cunningcrow , king0fclubs , Lazysaurus , AeroArchery , marsp44 , Blobby_Bobby , pmpott , goodair , , cannon_Spectacle , XxDreMisterxX , Dragonsound , Ariumlegion , twospires , Pshar , leakypen , GarethGrey , theilluminaire|
Gratuitous Violence Discussion
5 days ago
Since its easier to kill creatures than anything I stay away from cards like Dragonspeaker Shaman. I'd replace it with a mana rock.
Gratuitous Violence doubles all your creature damage, even non-combat damage.
1 week ago
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
- bloodmist: nice card and already in the 99
- Gratuitous Violence: is interesting. First, I thought that increasing the devotion and making Xenagos a creature should be avoided if possible, but this card can be played for the showdown. I will give it a try.
- Furnace of Rath: I prefer Gratuitous Violence over this one. If your opponents have no removal to a problem, they always have player removal. Furnace of Rath makes it easier for them to team up and kill me. This is the problem that I currently have to face.
- Combat Celebrant: reads like the plan that I want to focus on. However, the downside is that I have to target him with Xenagos to give him haste and waste the +X/+X trigger on him. I need a third thing to give him evasion. On the other side: this card is nuts, when combined with other extra combat abilities that also untap the Combat Celebrant enabling him to become exerted for a third combat phase :D. As tempting as it sound, I think he is too vulnerable against any removal with only 1 point of toughness. People play Lightning Bolt in my playgroup.
- Lightning Runner: Man, I whish there would be more support for energy counters in EDH. The runner without any further energy sources seems for me to be too tricky to pull off. I would have to attack four times with him before I return my investment.
- Marwyn, the Nurturer: A beast in Elf decks, but has no support here. Outside of Elf tribal I prefer to have a good mix between land, creature and artifact based ramp. You are less vulnerable against boardwipes and you can boardwipe yourself in case of emergency without kicking yourself back into the stone age.
- Spellbinder: Wow, that is a card! Problem though: I only run 8 instants without being able to tutor for them. That makes it a dead card most of the time. Gamble has tricked me too many times that I would run this tutor again.
- Sneak Attack: Thought of it as well. The problem is that I have to sac the creature afterwards and they are the limited core ressource. Instead, I run Elvish Piper which does the same and leaves the creature unharmed.
- Mana Reflection: Might be a really good card. Lorwyn comes with a price tag and it does less than Zendikar Resurgent. But hey, this deck craves for mana.
- Defense of the Heart: Love it! Cheap, fits with the game plan, will draw enchantment removal, but if it sticks for a turn we are going down the beat em up road. Thanks!
- Triumph of the Hordes: This card is nuts, but not in my deck. As it says in the name, it needs a horde. My bois are like soldiers attached to a line in a plane waiting for their parachute jump. One at a time. I might kill one opponent, but thats it.
2 weeks ago
I can't remember their prices but you'll definitely want Gratuitous Violence and Furnace of Rath. Berserkers' Onslaught is also meaty, or, if you prefer, Blood Mist: it's one mana cheaper and Xenagos can only make one Boi T H I C C at a time anyway.
Also the art is fucking baller.
Rage Reflection also enables doublestrike, but is more defensive which doesn't sound like your gameplan. It's also 6 mana, ugh.
Combat Celebrant is a cheap extra combat step. He also has high power low toughness, which synergies with Xenagos? I think? He's not too good without vigilance tho :P.
Another not a 'good' one but a favourite of mine, Lightning Runner. They're the fuckn man. Kaladesh best block, this brooks no argument.
An incredibly thicc lad is Hamletback Goliath. However no natural trample makes him kinda bad. He routinely becomes like 30/30 without any help however.
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the suggestions! Both Chaosphere and Raging River seem to make a great Bedlam impression. I might only include the Chaosphere, because I'm not sure this decks wants three copies of this sort of similar effect. Also, I didn't know the card Gratuitous Violence, this card is amazing! It's basically a one sided Furnace of Rath for creatures, for just one generic mana more, it's going right into the deck! Also, I just died yesterday to Insurrection, so it's going right in as well! hahaha
On the other hand, I'm not sure I want to go too deep in the token generating effects. I think this deck (with the current build, that is) would work better relying on Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor mostly. Also, Valduk, Keeper of the Flame is in there mostly as a Plan B, just because it works so well with equipment. I do like Shared Animosity a lot, though, which is more or less a second copy of Coat of Arms for attackers. And a bad version of an amazing card is still pretty good! :D I will say that it's quite reasonable to take Varchild as a tokens Commander, though. It's just, I like more the Voltron strategy for myself, but you could get a sick tokens deck, in which case I would also consider Purphoros, God of the Forge
Thanks a lot for commenting and for the suggestions. It's been super helpful! :D
3 weeks ago
Awesome build! I've been wanting to build this dude since I saw him spoiled. To make blocking even more confusing you can throw in a Chaosphere and maybe Raging River. Insurrection is a sweet late game move too. There is also Gratuitous Violence for doubling damage as well. Also, Firecat Blitz is probs my favorite token generator in the game. That flashback cost calls for desperate measures but it plays into what Red likes to do. If Valduk is one of your main token generators it may be worth having a Sundial of the Infinite so in the off-chance your making a bunch with him you can keep them too. In the vein of survivor tokens, Shared Animosity and Kindred Charge can be deadly (and then Sundial can work with Kindred Charge also).
You may have convinced me into buckling down and building Varchild! I never started as a red player but in recent years I have embraced it fully! Thanks for the inspiration. Hope the suggestions help!
1 month ago
+Urza's Incubator - cheeper minotaurs
+Fervor - haste for all
+Living Death - protection against board wipes
+Lightning Greaves - protection and haste
+Sign in Blood/card draw in general
+Phyrexian Arena - card draw!
+Rakdos Charm - just a good card
+Gratuitous Violence - dmg incorporated.
+Anthem of Rakdos - dmg incorporated.
+Furnace of Rath - dmg incorporated.
+Havoc Festival - dmg incorporated. Plus the most Rakdos card
+Mana Flare - speed things up a bit
+Greed - more card draw
+Pain Magnification - could be good for keeping 0 cards in their hands
+Shared Animosity - can be super strong
-Black Sun's Zenith -expensive
-Cut // Ribbons - expensive
-Torment of Hailfire - expensive
-Ifnir Deadlands - I just don't get why its here, a swamp seems better
Cards to look into removing:
-Aether Vial - seems almost slow? Just doesn't fit in with the deck, but by all means, test it and see where it goes! Having fun with the cards is the most important part anyway.
-Obelisk of Urd - another one to playtest, I've thought it wasn't good enough in my tribal decks to get a spot
-Trepanation Blade - Very random card. Very random. I don't know what to think. Probably very good, though.
-Consuming Vapors - Don't quite get it, but might be a good way to gain life. Seems dependent on your playgroup.
-Impale, may I introduce you to murder?
-In Garruk's Wake - very expensive
Silence the Believers will be too slow.
-Cruel Reality: Just a trap, you have much better cards and it is extremely expensive.
-Dictate of Erebos: Maybe? I think you have better options
-Cut // Ribbons: Nope. See above.
+Flurry of Horns :)
-Firestorm: too expensive IRL
+All the minotaurs, they're minotaurs?
Silence the Believers will be too slow.
Sorry about the formatting, it hates me sometimes.