Spoils of Victory
Search your library for a Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, or Forest card and put that card onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
Printings View all
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition III (ME3)||Common|
|Portal Three Kingdoms (PTK)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Spoils of Victory occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Spoils of Victory Discussion
1 month ago
Misc: Etali, Primal Storm, Bloodbraid Elf, Rashmi, Eternities Crafter, Coiling Oracle, Shardless Agent, Kess, Dissident Mage, Spark Double, Beast Within, Terminate, Nature's Claim, Electrodominance, In Garruk's Wake, Karn's Temporal Sundering, Unexpected Results, Casualties of War, Deny Reality
I would also recommend a little more ramp, because you are going to have to cast the big things as soon as possible.
2 months ago
I think this is an interesting deck. I think an Enlightened Tutor would really help here so you can try to get Cryptolith Rite early and tap Emmarra without attacking. If you get the tutor later it can still be useful by searching for Parallel Lives or Beastmaster Ascension . I think Eternal Witness would be really good as well. It would offer some insurance if one of your important cards gets taken out. Your deck is super enchantment heavy so I also think Hall of Heliod's Generosity would be really good here. I know the tutor might be kind of expensive but this land should be an auto-include in your deck, would work so good. Whispersilk Cloak would also be very good for your commander. It makes it unblockable so you can tap it and get some free damage in without worrying about it getting taken out. The downside is that you can't buff it or put enchantments on it because the cloak gives it shroud.
This is just my opinion but if this was my deck I would remove like 4-5 cards from the 3-4-5 cmc slots to add some ramp cards. I think this deck could really benefit from a few spells like Nature's Lore , Rampant Growth , Kodama's Reach , and Spoils of Victory . I would remove Harmonize because I think you already have plenty of card draw but you have very little ramp. Yes, you have cryptolith rite and ashnod's altar but those are situational and rely on you having creatures to use them. I'm not sure how good Harvest Season is either. I feel like if you get it early it can be weak or even useless and if you get it late and it gets you a ton of lands you are probably about to win anyways. I even feel like Paradise Druid or Birds of Paradise would be pretty good here.
That's just my opinion, I have no idea what your meta is like. These are just some of the things i would probably do. I think ramp is one of green's strengths and to not see the classic green ramp spells in selesnya feels kinda weird to me. Good luck!!
4 months ago
1) Yeah, you really gotta know the combo and all of its ins and outs. Every version of it. The deck is a straight combo deck and tries to combo off as fast as possible and as reliable as possible. There is no grind, even though in 1v1 you can put your opponent into a softlock with Deprive + Mystic Sanctuary. So grindy things have no place in this deck. It is a combo deck in a controlish shell and Tatyova is the key card.
2) Reap&Sow has been in the deck in the past until I replaced it with Spoils of Victory , which puts Sanctuary in play untapped for 3 mana. If you feel like you need more tutors for Sanctuary, then go for Reap&Sow, but Sanctuary is actually the combo piece that is the easiest to find.
3) The card-selection cards you are talking about are not good in my opinion. Only Pieces of the Puzzle is something that I like and I have that card in my mind for a few weeks now. I do not think that you always have a land in hand and I do not think this deck is "pretty graveyard based anyway". Yes, the combo only works through the graveyard, and yes, sometimes you get back an important piece from your graveyard. But in no way do we rely on having a lot of things in the graveyard nor do we have a lot of ways to take an advantage from that. Treasuire Cruise and Far Wanderings are the only cards that profit from that. About the having a card in hand thing: When you play against players who know how your deck works and they have interaction and everything (counterspells, removal, ...), then you cannot just slam Tatyova on like Turn4. You will always lose these games. You only do that if your hand tells you that you wont have any other plays for the next turns if you dont slam Tatyova. But in general you want to ramp until like 7 mana in teamgames, so you can protect Tatyova at least one turn and untap with her. And when you do that, you wont have lands left in your hand. Having lands in hand because you have cast Tatyova on like Turn3/4 without any protection up is more kind of a goldfish thing. In pratice you'll hope to hit like 7 lands or more before slamming Tatyova. So if you get stuck on like 5 mana and have no lands in hand anymore and no ramp spells in hand, than you usually lose. Btw the card I did not try out but have considered to do so for quite a while now is Spy Network . That card looks 4 cards deep, tells you against which cards of your opponent you gotta have to play, and is super cheap. I think that card is the best not self replacing card selection. And I still couldnt find a slot for it. But its close, because I value the knowledge of the opponent's hand very high.
4) At start I also thought that it gets better the earlier I drop Tatyova. And in 1v1 that is actually kind of true. But in teamgames you gotta play the whole way around. In teamgames you have to slam Tatyova as late as possible but still getting value from it. People wont focus you that hard, and people will start to tap out for their own stuff. The earlier you drop Tatyova in a team game, the more interaction you will draw to you, because people want to slow you down and dont have anything else important to do nontheless, so they like to spend their turn to remove Tatyova. Grazer and Pioneer have been in my very first iterations, and yes, they actually delivered Turn3 Tatyova more often, whereas my list almost never casts Tatyova on Turn3, but rather on like Turn4, or Turn 5 with a counterspell up. And this is the way to go. I also thought that Grazer and Pioneer might be solid FLicker targets as well, but then again, you are thinking about grinding and gaining a few values here and there, but thats not what a fast combo deck is what it wants to do. You dont want to cast Ghostly Flicker on a Grazer. You want to keep up Flicker to protect Tatyova and basically try to kill next turn.
5) Cloud of Faeries is a strange one. Mainly it is just redundancy to High Tide / Peregrine Drake. The absolut main combo line is to get Tatyova, Sanctuary, Ghostly Flicker and either High Tide / Peregrine Drake or Cloud of Faeries + Growth Chamber. This is the most important thing about this deck. From there on you can find a lot of different ways to find into the full combo or replacing parts of it. For instance, Tatyova + Sanctuary + Ghostly Flicker already reads "pay 1 mana, gain 2 life and draw a card". That on its own is super strong and you will find the last missing piece (High Tide / Peregrine Drake / Cloud+Chamber) from there quite easily. Cloud of Faeries even enables infinite mana without Tatyova, Sanctuary and Ghostly Flicker: Displace + Cloud + Archaeomancer + High Tide already give you infinite mana. You'll still need carddraw, but infinite mana is a big help (Capsize likes that, or just a huge Temporal Fissure). And just a second Archaeomancer-like Body like Srivener already lets you recycle any Instant / Sorcery as often as you want. So Displace + Cloud + Archaeomancer + Scrivener + High Tide is infinite mana + infinite recursion of all instants /sorceries in your graveyard. So basically, Cloud of Faeries is a weaker Peregrine Drake that needs a bit more help, but redundancy is important! Also keep in mind that the "mana acceleration" part of the combo (that is Cloud of Faeries, Peregrine Drake and High Tide) is the hardest to find. You cannot tutor for Peregrine Drake, you can only tutor for Cloud of Faeries with Muddle the Mixture, and High Tide is easier to find, but it takes a lot of mana to do so. For instance you would transmute Muddle the Mixture for Merchant Scroll, then cast Merchant Scroll for High Tide. But sometimes you dont have the Mana and Cloud of Faeries works as good, so you can go for Cloud of Faeries. So redundancy is everything and the mana acceleration part is the toughest to find.
5 months ago
From a ramp perspective Three Visits might be better than Farseek simply because of that land coming into play untapped but for me it's very expensive and should cost at most 2x more than Nature's Lore (in case it ever gets a reprint). There's even Spoils of Victory but this might be too expensive at 3 CMC.
In my build I still didn't acquire Toxic Deluge due to high price tag so I thought about getting Fire Covenant in it's place and in covenant's place Anguished Unmaking - do you think that it might get similar
I understand your decision but there are much more variables that make a deck "75%" - I'd actually create most powerful version of a deck (or almost that, you know, ABUR duals are expensive xD) and depending on the playgroup's power level I'd rather adjust my playstyle (e.g. tutor for beater/ramp instead of a straight up win-con).
10 months ago
Welcome back, VexenX!
I agree with having sections in the Primer for hate cards, kind of like a sideboard in a way.
Looking over your potential adds, I agree 100% with Prismatic Vista; nice to have another fetchland that lets the land come into play untapped. Wrenn and Six I’m not sure on just yet. I’m not sure id classify it as ramp more so than card draw, unless you have extra land drops. Could potentially be explosive early in the game. Force of Vigor is a potential replacement for Chaos Warp, at least in my deck. Free is hard to pass up. Springbloom, I feel, is lackluster. I’d rather have an actual ramp spell, since they synergize really well with Wrenn and his ultimate.
Ultimately, this deck does have pretty high cmc spells, so maybe cutting down could help. Boundless would be an easy cut for smaller ramp spells, as well as Hour. If you’re considering Circuitous Route, what about Grow from the Ashes and Spoils of Victory ? Both search for untapped lands, Grow has the ability to search for two if Kicked, and Spoils searches for our duals. Or are you wanting something that guarantees two lands?
How did Finale of Devastation NOT make your list of possible inclusions? It’s another creature tutor that also searches your graveyard, and is another win condition in the same line as Craterhoof, although it grants haste vs trample. It potentially makes Avenger a lethal card.
11 months ago
Since you're running mana doublers ( Wilderness Reclamation , Zendikar Resurgent ), you should stick to land ramp: Nature's Lore , Farseek , Rampant Growth , Kodama's Reach , Spoils of Victory , Skyshroud Claim , Hour of Promise .
1 year ago
@frezzreaper: Just a log in case you still care. Still no need for help currently; Trying to find ramp that doesn't need to target Basics as it is... Regarding Time Spiral, I even added Leyline of Anticipation + Vedalken Orrery for Mass Flash, & Day's Undoing as an instant speed alt. For something I can't even afford. From there, I also added some tutors, unless they really blow hard: Wargate, Dark Petition, Diabolic Revelation... I dunno if they're any good, but for other Ramp, Genesis Wave, Exploration, & Burgeoning is what I can think of. Other things I can think of are Farseek, Spoils of Victory, & Shard Convergence. Not too sure about your thoughts on Perilous Forays & Prismatic Omen, but I would like your thoughts. Quite a bad job at finding Draw Spells, I am. People usually use stuff like Phyrexian Arena, & Sylvan Library, but someone told me a gutsy, albeit smart decision to exclude both. That said, Rhystic Study stays though...
1: Cut some Walkers; & some support to lessen the load of Walkers. & Infinites.
2: Try & lessen the amount of infinite combos from the Walkers at least...
3: Wonder Why only 5 Wraths are really needed, as well as only 5 Draw (Should be more...), 10 Accelerants, & no amount of needed Tutors, all while getting to help at the current time.
5: Wonder if 10 ABU Duals, 10 Fetches, & 10 Shocks are needed, or if they don't even be needed at all, & what can replace them...
Sorry to say, so many Walkers alone have potential for such a thing as Wincons at the many. Though I'll see what I can cut though... ;) Later.
1 year ago
Tatyova is extremely fun to pilot so good choice here.
You may wish to consider Horn of Greed as a redundancy for Tatyova just in case she gets repeatedly removed.
I made a similar deck but with a more Spellslinger focus:
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 30 | 27 COMMENTS | 1997 VIEWS | IN 8 FOLDERS
Check it out for more inspirations. Feel free to leave your comments, feedback, suggestions and +1 (if you like the deck) there too! Cheers.