|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Shapeshifter
Changeling (This card is every creature type at all times.)
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, you may put a +1/+1 counter on Taurean Mauler.
Taurean Mauler Discussion
2 weeks ago
Hope you're enjoying the deck! Here's a few suggestions if you want from when I had mine together, tempted to rebuild it:
Mimic Vat is tons of fun in this deck. Outside of your own big creatures, sometimes your opponent self-mills something spicy and you can't resist it...
Aetherflux Reservoir is a staple, but it's pretty hilarious when you can fling Serra Avatar , gain your life back, then one shot someone (or two) with it. (Best case scenario, but Brion Stoutarm gains you life throughout the game.
Sigil of the New Dawn lets you get back those creatures you flung.
Moltensteel Dragon is a cute addition. Pay a bunch of life you gained to pump up its power to finish someone off.
Rite of the Raging Storm gets you elementals to throw every turn. Plus, your opponents get them and can only attack each other with them! Mwahahahahaha
Vandalblast is a staple suggestion is all.
1 month ago
- Taurean Mauler : He big mean and super easy to block. Even though he is technically an angel, he lacks the power most other angles have. Very little way to give trample.
- Godo, Bandit Warlord : Six CMC fetch an equipment and cheat it out to battlefield, seems good and has combo potential. However, is a dead card early game when needing equipment to protect and generate value. Maby? Still very torn over cutting this card.
- Spinerock Knoll : Hard to activate and never have the mana open to activate it when needed. Most of the time it hit a low CMC card and it not very useful.
- Rugged Prairie : More room for Basic/Fetch.
- Clifftop Retreat : More room for Basic/Fetch.
- Inkmoth Nexus : Only man-land in the deck to equip and swing almost never comes up and only killed with this little guy once. Low performance.
- Dockside Extortionist : Good for huge burst of mana, easily fetched with the two Recruiter. Can easily allow me to make a massive threat early.
- Steelshaper's Gift : Early tutor for equipment allowing for more equipment that is useful in times of need.
- Flooded Strand : More fetch to reduce deck size.
- Wooded Foothills : More fetch to reduce deck size.
- Slayers' Stronghold : Way to give Vigilance and haste.
- Mountain : More Basic due to reduce red sources.
1 month ago
CavemanlyMan at the moment it's / because I wanted to try the most ponies as I can (which happens to be in white) but I plan on reducing some because they aren't performing that well. If I were to go 5c I was thinking along the lines of Chameleon Colossus , Changeling Outcast , Taurean Mauler or we could even throw in a Morophon, the Boundless . Other possible tech upgrades I could add are Birthing Boughs , Shields of Velis Vel , Wings of Velis Vel , and Arcane Adaptation . Any thoughts?
2 months ago
You might like these: Spark Double , Quasiduplicate , Cackling Counterpart , Distant Melody , Shared Discovery , Kindred Discovery , Relentless Assault , World at War , Savage Beating , Cleaver Riot , Insult , Shared Animosity , Taurean Mauler , Metallic Mimic , Adaptive Automaton
4 months ago
Not "Battle Cattle"? For why?
If you find yourself running a number of sub-par minotaurs just for the sake of padding out numbers, don't forget that there are some quality changelings that can take their place and still count as marauding moo-men. Taurean Mauler , Cairn Wanderer , Changeling Outcast and Graveshifter are all solid cards. Note also that Venomous Changeling and Moonglove Changeling already have (or can get) Deathtouch, meaning they can get the dreaded 'instant-kill' from Neheb if you don't have Felhide Petrifier around.
5 months ago
5 months ago
Description great. Deck very Gruul. I like. Try Taurean Mauler ?
Taurean Mauler occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%