Archon of Justice
Creature — Archon
When Archon of Justice dies, exile target permanent from the game.
Printings View all
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Archon of Justice occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
WB (Orzhov): 0.44%
Archon of Justice Discussion
5 days ago
Hey, this is a very cheap deck. Are you not able to spend a little more? A $20 upgrade could really help your deck.
Even though have a low budget to work with there's still several upgrades you could make. Some upgrades to consider are to take more advantage of Teysa's ability to give you additional die triggers when a creature dies.
Good budget cards, $1 or less each, to consider adding:
- Command Tower: one of the best lands to multicolored decks in Commander.
- Caves of Koilos
- Tainted Field
- Orzhov Basilica
- Ash Barrens
- Doomed Traveler: Spirit token.
- Ministrant of Obligation: Spirit tokens.
- Tithe Taker: Spirit token.
- Requiem Angel: repeatable Spirit tokens.
- Reassembling Skeleton: good creature to sac since it can reanimate itself.
- Woe Strider: sac outlet and repeatable scry.
- Cartel Aristocrat: sac outlet.
- Grim Haruspex: draw when a nontoken creature you control dies.
- Mentor of the Meek: draw when a 1/1 Spirit token is created.
- Archon of Justice: exile permanent.
- Plaguecrafter: all players sac a creature/Planeswalker or discard a card. Can sac Plaguecrafter to itself.
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Reliquary Monk: destroy opponent artifact or enchantment.
- Dutiful Attendant: creature recursion.
- Soul Warden: gain life when Spirits are created and when other creatures including your opponents ETB.
- Soul's Attendant: same as Warden.
- Dreadhorde Invasion: with a sac outlet is a repeatable source of token or a token that grows in power/toughness.
- Diabolic Tutor: budget unconditional tutor.
- Read the Bones
- Talisman of Hierarchy: two drop mana rock.
- Orzhov Signet: two drop mana rock.
- Kaya's Guile
- Crush Contraband
- Dusk / Dawn
I offer more advice, good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
looks pretty fun! Have you considered cards with these type of effects: Flameshadow Conjuring, Bramble Sovereign, Mirror March, Minion Reflector? It would help you make token copies of your good creatures. Even though the copies only last until the end of turn it does make a token you can populate because who doesn't want multiples of Dragonmaster Outcast, Archon of Justice, etc..? If you're looking for card draw in a deck like this I'd recommend Rishkar's Expertise.
1 month ago
1 month ago
I have a super similar list: But I would definitely add Acidic Slime over Archon of Justice. It fits better into the reveillark loop, though it has less versatility. I'd also add Finale of Devastation,Reclamation Sage or Manglehorn, AND DEFINITELY Skullclamp. Also, Open the Armory, as it can find Pattern of Rebirth AND Skullclamp
2 months ago
Hey, here are some budget cards you could include:
sacrifice value cards: - Falkenrath Noble
3 months ago
Looks good! You might like these: Archon of Justice , Thieving Amalgam , Lightning Coils , Desecrated Tomb , Requiem Angel , Sidisi, Undead Vizier , Final Parting , Dread Return , Treasure Keeper , Champion of Stray Souls , Murder Investigation , Flesh Carver , Syr Konrad, the Grim , Nim Devourer , Gift of Immortality
5 months ago
You might like these: Pitiless Plunderer , Black Market , Requiem Angel , Lifeline , Cauldron of Souls , Aetherworks Marvel , Zulaport Cutthroat , Field of Souls , Ogre Slumlord , Cavalier of Night , Cavalier of Dawn , Murder Investigation , Blade of the Bloodchief , Eternal Thirst , Archon of Justice
6 months ago
Hey, interesting version of Orzhov.
Something to keep in mind is the avg. CMC of your deck. It's 4.6 which is very high. You're right to want to ramp into big creatures, but 34 cards with five CMC or higher is overkill. You have your seven drop Vish Kal; Avacyn, Elesh Norn and Ulamog are by far the best other high CMC cards. Sheoldred, Knell and Karmic Guide are good sources of repeatable reanimation which is good with Ashen, Angel of Despair and Archon of Justice . These three are good with Vish Kal for value, sac and repeatable reanimation.
Five drops to keep:
Six drops to keep:
- Massacre Wurm
- The Immortal Sun
Seven drops to keep:
- Debtors' Knell
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
- Angel of Despair
- Sheoldred, Whispering One
Other high CMC drops to keep:
- Ashen Rider
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope
- Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
This example has cut 34 cards down to 14.
Cards within the budget consider adding:
- Command Tower
- Caves of Koilos
- Ash Barrens
- Ancient Tomb
- Orzhov Signet
- Talisman of Hierarchy
- Mana Vault
- Crypt Ghast
- Smothering Tithe
- Diabolic Intent
- Enlightened Tutor
- Animate Dead
- Buried Alive
- Luminarch Ascension
- Aven Mindcensor
- Knight of the White Orchid
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Mimic Vat
- Swords to Plowshares
- Anguished Unmaking
- Wrath of God
- Day of Judgment
- Nim Deathmantle
Good luck with your deck.