Archon of Justice
Creature — Archon
When Archon of Justice dies, exile target permanent from the game.
Printings View all
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Archon of Justice occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Archon of Justice Discussion
1 month ago
Hey, consider switching your themes around? Making the token theme the main theme and aristocrats the subtheme?
I suggest this because I think tokens is better overall with this Teysa. Skullclamp is the main reason that tokens are the way to go because it's busted with Teysa and tokens are the easiest fodder for Clamp. When playing aristocrats as the main strategy you really want infinite combos with them. Many combos is how you benefit from the aristocrat strategy. Without many combos making your opponents lose some life is fine, but is not taking enough advantage of aristocrats.
Cards within the budget to consider adding:
- Doomed Traveler: one drop who creates a flying token when it dies is very good with Teysa and recursion.
- Mirror Entity: can pump all tokens and Teysa for big attacks or can be a sac outlet for aristocrat.
- Open the Armory: tutor for Skullclamp or Deathmantle.
- Luminarch Ascension: repeatable 4/4 Angel tokens at instant speed and it activates fast in multiplayer Commander because it looks at each opponents end step. Tokens give you blockers to help to prevent opponents from doing combat damage to you.
- Crested Sunmare: repeatable 5/5 Horses, only have to gain one life on a turn to create a 5/5 Horse, it triggers on your opponents turns if you gain life.
- Dark Prophecy: triggers when tokens die.
- Erebos, Bleak-Hearted: triggers when tokens die.
- Skirsdag High Priest: good with vigilance tokens, turn 1/1 into 5/5 Demon at instant speed.
- Archon of Justice: triggers Teysa to exile two permanents.
- High Market: sac outlet.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 1x Swamp
- 1x Plains
- Burnished Hart
- Syr Konrad, the Grim
- Butcher of Malakir
- Cruel Celebrant
- Harvester of Souls
- Utter End
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
These are some combo pieces and targets to throw that are notable that you are missing. Throwing Angel of Serenity in response to its trigger leaves the 3 targets in exile forever. Sun Titan loops with a sacrifice outlet with the Gift of Immorality you already have or Fiend Hunter or Angelic Renewal. I have a Brion deck as well, although it is the deck I play the least so i have traded out of it a lot since the days it was more powerful.
You will also want Gilded Lotus over some of the lower impace mana rocks there. Hanweir Battlements and Flamekin Village are good lands for granting haste. Rogue's Passage is amazing. High Market for getting rid of some creature you have taken. Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion and Slayers' Stronghold are also incredible.
2 months ago
Major update made, moved the deck more towards a strategy using board wipes and mass recursion spells to better control overall game tempo. Considered swapping in Elenda, the Dusk Rose as the commander given the new rule change but decided to leave her in the 99 for now.
3 months ago
- Akroma's Memorial
- Ankle Shanker
- Archon of Justice
- Assemble the Legion
- Boros Charm
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos
- Brutal Hordechief
- Crackling Doom
- Entreat the Angels
- Evolving Wilds
- Fires of Yavimaya
- Grand Coliseum
- Khenra Charioteer
- Llanowar Elves
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist
- Quirion Explorer
- Sandsteppe Citadel
- Savage Lands
- Somberwald Sage
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Mirari's Wake
- Iroas, God of Victory
3 months ago
I don't recommend Scour from Existence even cheated out I don't think its worth it. Wasting an entire turns attack to remove one thing doesnt seem worth it and it cost a lot so summon from hand. Some that have a cheaper CMC are Oblation, Archon of Justice and Elspeth Conquers Death. They're weird but can do more for cheaper. Even the unicorn can be used as a blocker before removing the threat. Then there are board wipes for less CMC than Scour from Existence that keep your commander around with Cataclysmic Gearhulk and Urza's Ruinous Blast. Then a plain board wipe with End Hostilities
3 months ago
Kaioken88 Thanks for the inquiry! I believe that Sheoldred, Whispering One is a power house in Karador, to the fact that she will reanimate for free and combos extremely well with Karmic Guide. The reason why Karmic Guide and Phyrexian Delver are so crucial in this deck is because you get to "cheat" in creatures for less life, cost, etc. If for example you play Buried Alive, to target Karmic Guide, Sheoldred, Whispering One, and Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, if you have any reanimate in hand ex. Reanimate, you would target the Karmic Guide taking 5 life but bringing in Mikaeus, the Unhallowed or Sheoldred, Whispering One, not paying the echo cost and letting it hit the graveyard to then bring it back with shoeldred or undying with Mikaues, thus being able to target everything in your graveyard for a lot cheaper and quicker. Sheoldred, Whispering One adds Immediate pressure to the board, especially below turn 4.
As to casting combos at 14 mana, that almost never happens because Karador loves to cheat creatures, with Karmic Guide, Victimize, Unburial Rites, Reanimate, Dread Return, Phyrexian Delver, etc. Honestly this deck can take the win without ever casting your commander.
Protean Hulk is definitely a fit for a more competitive game, so feel free to add it. As for land destruction, your best option would be adding Terastodon and just pinging the lands. If you have an objective and want recurring abilities, Altar of Dementia then continuing to reanimate through mikaues, the unhallowed or Karador, Ghost Chieftain, or any other reanimate spell would be ideal. And that works for any card that you would like to put on Lockdown. Yosei, the Morning Star has the ability to gridlock the entire board and I have done it multiple times. Woodfall Primus, Kokusho, the Evening Star, Archon of Justice, and Ashen Rider can all have the same devastating effect of combo-ing off.
What is so destructive about Karador is that there is no real threat that your opponent can play unless they exile your graveyard.
4 months ago
Hey, this is a very cheap deck. Are you not able to spend a little more? A $20 upgrade could really help your deck.
Even though have a low budget to work with there's still several upgrades you could make. Some upgrades to consider are to take more advantage of Teysa's ability to give you additional die triggers when a creature dies.
Good budget cards, $1 or less each, to consider adding:
- Command Tower: one of the best lands to multicolored decks in Commander.
- Caves of Koilos
- Tainted Field
- Orzhov Basilica
- Ash Barrens
- Doomed Traveler: Spirit token.
- Ministrant of Obligation: Spirit tokens.
- Tithe Taker: Spirit token.
- Requiem Angel: repeatable Spirit tokens.
- Reassembling Skeleton: good creature to sac since it can reanimate itself.
- Woe Strider: sac outlet and repeatable scry.
- Cartel Aristocrat: sac outlet.
- Grim Haruspex: draw when a nontoken creature you control dies.
- Mentor of the Meek: draw when a 1/1 Spirit token is created.
- Archon of Justice: exile permanent.
- Plaguecrafter: all players sac a creature/Planeswalker or discard a card. Can sac Plaguecrafter to itself.
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Reliquary Monk: destroy opponent artifact or enchantment.
- Dutiful Attendant: creature recursion.
- Soul Warden: gain life when Spirits are created and when other creatures including your opponents ETB.
- Soul's Attendant: same as Warden.
- Dreadhorde Invasion: with a sac outlet is a repeatable source of token or a token that grows in power/toughness.
- Diabolic Tutor: budget unconditional tutor.
- Read the Bones
- Talisman of Hierarchy: two drop mana rock.
- Orzhov Signet: two drop mana rock.
- Kaya's Guile
- Crush Contraband
- Dusk / Dawn
I offer more advice, good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
looks pretty fun! Have you considered cards with these type of effects: Flameshadow Conjuring, Bramble Sovereign, Mirror March, Minion Reflector? It would help you make token copies of your good creatures. Even though the copies only last until the end of turn it does make a token you can populate because who doesn't want multiples of Dragonmaster Outcast, Archon of Justice, etc..? If you're looking for card draw in a deck like this I'd recommend Rishkar's Expertise.