|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Druid
Tap: Untap target land.
Threshold - Tap: Untap up to three target lands. Play this ability only if seven or more cards are in your graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (2)||rikertchu , anonymausguy|
|Want (14)||r3h0ld3r , coadster , jtaddeo , cdgalucard , Hayliiel , Turgenyev , DangoDaikazoku , Lordaether , Nino_Cambo , Approximos , Nerukad , zephyrmoth , AntiheroFOREVER , Edu7ez|
Krosan Restorer Discussion
1 week ago
Okay so first Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle is pretty slow. Yeah he's a land at first, but you have to cast 5 spells while he's a land (which means you can't enchant him w/ auras).
Kefnet the Mindful isn't great, but I guess he's not outstandingly bad.
Masumaro, First to Live, comparable to Kefnet, is going to be restricted by the number of cards in your hand, and that's a max of 7. While a 14/14 is undeniably huge, it will probably draw hate and be removed very before you can enchant it.
Nezahal, Primal Tide is really just not good. I mean he give you no max hand size and he is recursive, kinda, but I don't think that's powerful enough to justify 7 mana.
Overbeing of Myth is a weaker Masumaro.
Prime Speaker Zegana requires you to have another large creature.
Psychosis Crawler will get you hated out of the game immediately.
Tishana, Voice of Thunder will draw you MAYBE 3 cards when it enters. It's only slightly better than Kefnet.
You have a lot of instants and sorceries. Too many counterspells, when your enchantments could deal with any permanents that get played.
There are a lot of cards at the higher end of your mana curve that are either not worth the mana cost or laughably not worth the mana cost. Also your draw synergies would be better devoted to their own deck (see my take on that idea Oreo Fluff). While this is a unique and interesting take on Estrid, it's slow and requires a steady draw engine to work, which requires a shitload of mana to work, which requires Estrid always being out to work, which requires, in the end, some degree of incompetence on your opponents' part. It's a great deck when left to its own devices all game, but that's just not how commander works.
1 month ago
Hi! Looks like a good start to me! Here are some suggestions:
- Priest of Titania. This card is seriously broken.
- Elvish Clancaller. While you won't be using the second ability, a 2-mana lord is always good.
- Joraga Treespeaker is an excellent mana dork.
- Wirewood Symbiote is also rather broken. Bounce your Elvish Visionary to untap your Priest of Titania, drawing more cards and making more mana? Yes please.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Gaea's Cradle is very expensive; this is significantly less so, but also very powerful.
- Wirewood Lodge. Opportunity cost is tiny, and can net you so much mana when it's useful.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Same as above.
- Song of the Dryads. Mono-Green has problems dealing with creatures; this card would be basically unplayable in any other color, but is very good here.
- Craterhoof Behemoth just wins games.
- Triumph of the Hordes. Same as above.
- Regal Force can draw tons of cards.
- Krosan Grip is just powerful utility removal. Should be in every green deck IMO.
- Door of Destinies makes your 1/1s into serious threats.
- Heroic Intervention can protect your board from targeted removal and board wipes alike.
- Prism Ring is just bad. You don't have any lifegain synergies, and it's just not worth the card.
- Blunt the Assault is also just plain bad. I don't think you need Fog effects, but if you do, simple Fog is probably better.
- Nevinyrral's Disk. You have a lot of creatures, and usually don't want to be wiping the board.
- Krosan Restorer. Good mana dork, but not an elf.
- Karametra's Acolyte. Same.
- Llanowar Mentor. This card is cute, but not that powerful in practice.
- Might of the Masses. Combat tricks are usually pretty bad in Commander, and this one is no exception.
- Wirewood Pride. Same.
- Presence of Gond. Unless you're going infinite (which you're not), this card just doesn't do much.
- Elvish Pioneer is a bad mana dork.
- Leaf Gilder. Same as above.
- Elvish Soultiller. It would be one thing if this added them to your hand, but just shuffling cards into your library isn't that powerful.
- Viridian Zealot. There are better Naturalize effects.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me any time!
2 months ago
You would need a haste enabler for the Krosan Restorer combo to work right?
2 months ago
My biggest recommendation would be Phenax, God of Deception. It is a god in sidisi decks. It is especially good with Lightning Greaves and sidisi, it can become near infinite zombies right before your end step. Another great card is Krosan Restorer, it's great alone but also can create infinite mana with Havengul Lich and Ashnod's Altar.
I also wanted to mention Mirror-Mad Phantasm, Mindshrieker, Life from the Loam, Skullwinder, Archfiend of Depravity, Kessig Cagebreakers, Necromancy/Beacon of Unrest, and Clever Impersonator/Phyrexian Metamorph
3 months ago
I run a similar build to this but opted out of the Food Chain strat. A card that has worked wonders for me in instances where combo pieces are still left in my hand after druid has gone off is Sadistic Hypnotist allowing me to pitch them, off Ooze. This functions the same as Phantasmagorian but gives you the additional utility of discarding your opponent's hand in the long game against decks like Blood Pod.
Another Card I have in testing is Krosan Restorer. Her ability, while powerful, might seem too slow in the majority of games but her use comes primarily off Ooze in instances where the additional 1-2 mana might be necessary.
Just wanted to know your thoughts on these additions/changes to the deck?
3 months ago
Why isn't Krosan Restorer on this list?