Creature — Goblin
Sacrifice a Goblin: Add to your mana pool.
Printings View all
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons (DDG)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Goblins (EVG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Skirk Prospector occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.06%
All decks: 0.04%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Skirk Prospector Discussion
1 week ago
I had a friend who loved goblins just like you. He probably could give you better pointers than me, but I'll give it try.
It seems your win conditions all cost 4 mana, namelly Ringleader, Krenko and Relentless Assault. And what could be making this slow in your perception is how much you depend on drawing 4 cards out of a deck of 60. And that "high" mana cost makes them unavailable for Gruesome Menagerie and Unearth to dig them out of the graveyard in case they get countered somehow. I guess that's the worst problem you're facing.
To make the most out of your Ringleader, I'd reduce other spells, saving just Lighting Bolt and Goblin Granade.
But if you don't want to focus on him, you can try getting cards that help you draw more , so you can find your champions faster. Cards like Cathartic Reunion do that very well in my opinion.
If you plan to build an army of them, Impact Tremors could help you slowly ping the enemy's life.
I also like Pashalik Mons, but that's me haha.
2 weeks ago
heavyuser: It's isn't particularly fancy, but it doesn't look like a combo is building up so it flies under the radar pretty well...
- Krenko, Mob Boss (most likely tapped at this point in order to get enough tokens, or Ib can help go all out)
- Goblin Warchief (or other haste enabler)
- Skirk Prospector (or Ashnod's if you have a color filter of some sort)
- Aggravated Assault
- 8x Goblin tokens (or more if your haste enabler and/or sac outlet aren't goblins too. Total goblins must be 11 or more.)
- Sacrifice 5 Goblin tokens to Skirk Prospector to make . Total remaining Goblins at 6.
- Pay into Aggravated Assault untapping Krenko, Mob Boss .
- Tap Krenko, Mob Boss to make 6 goblin tokens, totaling 12.
- Repeat for infinite hasty goblins, and technically infinite combats if you wanted.
Of course it gets easier with untapped lands available, or when Krenko starts untapped and you are already at 6+ goblins, but this part can be done with zero lands remaining, which is just the kind of thing an Ib deck will do sometimes.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Skirk Prospector Armillary Sphere Grimoire of the Dead Utopia Sprawl Plaguecrafter Apprentice Necromancer Regrowth Fecundity Traveler's Amulet Spore Frog Feel good about it Shriekmaw God-Eternal Rhonas Heap Doll Farhaven Elf
These are ideas. Don't know if anything here looks interesting, bnut can find more.
1 month ago
the deck seems super 3 drop heavy, either add siege gang on the top end, or find a way to include Skirk Prospector . Sweet list tho! +1
1 month ago
- Warren Instigator >> Dockside Extortionist
- Mountain >> Castle Embereth
- Goblin Chirurgeon >> Skirk Prospector
- Goblin Dark-Dwellers >> Pashalik Mons
- Caterwauling Boggart >> Goblin Trashmaster
- Battle Squadron >> Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin
- Zealous Conscripts >> Goblin Matron
- Mogg Raider >> Goblin Instigator
- Burn at the Stake >> Impact Tremors
2 months ago
Maybe one could abuse Persist creature more with cards like Ashnod's Altar , Betrothed of Fire , Scorched Rusalka . Then also Mogg Raider goes infinite with Scuzzback Marauders, as well as Skirk Prospector . But thats tough because there is only these two persist creatures you have already included if Im right :(
2 months ago
- Not sure what your budget is but here are cards I would recommend:
- For starts Id get black in your board it helps a lot beacuse: Sling-Gang Lieutenant and Munitions Expert are amazing
- I would put in 1 (max 2) Krenko, Mob Boss when it lands it accelerates hard
- Goblin Ringleader a play set is 1$ and helps the deck a lot.
- Pashalik Mons can help the deck for when your small goblins die, I would run 1
- Goblin Warchief seems amazing
- Goblin Matron lets you find the perfect goblin always
- Goblin Chieftain typically lords (+1/+1 to a creature type) is an auto 4 of. However if you are more mid-range comboy then dont have as many
- Mogg War Marshal the echo seems really bad at first but then you have death triggers which is free damage so its good id have 4
- Goblin Piledriver Gets very big and blue creatures cannot block it, and cannot be targeted by blue bounce spells. (can still be countered though :( )
- Goblin Cratermaker is a goblin that is cheap removal
- Skirk Prospector lets you play big goblins sooner. Can also synergize well with cards being there is the death trigger. You could swing for 10 then sac 10 goblins draining them for 10, which kills them with 10 power on the board.
- Mogg Fanatic is a oldy but goody, Its worth considering 1.
- Tarfire if you want to be memey this technically counts as a goblin (which means you can search for it as if it was a goblin even though its an instant).
- Aether Vial is a big money card but sooooo much fun
- Auntie's Hovel helps your mana base and so does Cavern of Souls id play 4 of each with unlimited money
- Bloodstained Mire is great it filters and can find Blood Crypt I would then run 4 mountains and one swamp. You want to run about 22 lands here no less then 21. Generally for deck construction going below 19 lands is a bad idea (minus a few combo decks, but they run a lot of blue filter cards).
- Blood Moon is a funny card to run
- Goblin Chainwhirler can be fun as well
- If artifacts are a problem then play Goblin Trashmaster
- Black also gets you Earwig Squad
- Another way to build it would be like this: OmniGoblin which is a combo kinda deck