Creature — Ouphe
When Kitchen Finks enters the battlefield, you gain 2 life.
Persist (When this creature is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, if it had no -1/-1 counters on it, return it to play under its owner's control with a -1/-1 counter on it.)
|Have (3)||Mortiferus_Rosa , Thunderbeard ,|
|Want (3)||houdeah , simonridley , Dykle_|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters Promo (UMAP)||Mythic Rare|
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Kitchen Finks occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.16%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Kitchen Finks Discussion
1 day ago
Hey, nice budget version of Ghave.
The color fixing in the manabase can be improved on a budget. Command Tower is a staple land for multicolored decks in Commander. Exotic Orchard is another staple land for mutlicolored in multiplayer Commander. Sandsteppe Citadel is the Abzan Tri land and Murmuring Bosk is another Abzan Tri land. Ash Barrens can be cycled for any basic land.
Skullclamp is very good with 1/1 tokens because when you equip it to a 1/1 token that token dies and you draw two cards. This interaction is repeatable as long as you have a token meaning Clamp can draw a lot of cards for very little mana investment. To make room in the budget for Skullclamp consider cutting Stonecoil Serpent? Stonecoil is not a bad card, but it has much less overall impact then Skullclamp would.
You could improve upon the aristocrat strategy on a budget by adding persist creatures and some enablers to abuse persist.
Ghave is good with persist creatures because he can put a +1/+1 on them which cancels out the -1/-1 counter. This is the interaction that can abuse persist since if the persist creature doesn't have a -1/-1 counter then it can keep dying and returning the battlefield. Good-Fortune Unicorn is the combo enabler with a creature with persist to remove the -1/-1 counter with a +1/+1 counter when the persist creature ETB (enters the battlefield). This counter interaction cancels out the counter leaving the creature with no counter allowing it to keep dying and returning.
With Ghave or another sac outlet such as Carrion Feeder you can keep sacing Finks/Clique and they keep returning to the battlefield. This combo is good with an aristocrat such as Zulaport Cutthroat because then each time Finks/Clique dies your opponents are losing life and they keep dying. With Ghave as the sac outlet then you can also put a lot of counters on Ghave or another creature which can fuel more Saps with Ghave.
I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Nayxz - Was that comment... aimed at me? or did someone delete their comment?
1 week ago
Idk what your budget is, but both fetchlands and Birds of Paradise / Noble Hierarch are worth considering, as well as Scavenging Ooze . Ghost Quarter is also good, especially with Renegade Rallier . As for not running out of gas, there's a bunch of options, like Collected Company and Tireless Tracker . You should also consider something against burn like Kitchen Finks .
1 week ago
I would add Wall of Omens . It's a payoff card for Drift, doesn't validate removal, and helps you slow the game down a bit so you can get to the state you want.
Kitchen Finks is also a good option. Slows the game down and prevents you from having those turns where all you can do is cycle 3 times. But Ultimately, I can see why you wouldn't run it. I'm all over Omens, though.
I see you added Censor that was my last suggestion. seems great here.
1 week ago
I think I'm starting to understand more. This is a very fun deck tbh. I still have more questions though.
Any reason to fetch for Anafenza, the Foremost ? Is it only for the dredge matchup ? What do you think or Kaya's Guile or Ashiok, Dream Render in that spot ? I guess the Kitchen Finks combo might be your answer though (and I agree it is strong).
And finally, I'm guessing you thought about Gaddock Teeg , is he absent from the wish board because he nullifies too much of your search spells ?
2 weeks ago
Hey, Ursaromg, thanks for checking in :D. Hell yes I'm still playing this deck! I've experimented with a few different modern archetypes to see if there's anything else I like out there. I've come up with a few I actually like to play as decks for fun, but this deck is just way too good to ever not be my main. It's basically always in a good position. There is a lot more creature decks in the meta, so having good creature defense and offense is always important. I'm always putting lots of creatures out there that can act as blockers in a pinch, but can also attack if my opponent doesn't have creatures like they should. I basically get to play a bunch of the best creatures in their colors and mana slots until I suddenly win the game. Glittering Wish has all of a sudden gotten better because now it can protect against Surgical Extraction , which has become all too popular. Most of all, I love playing decks that go infinite. This one can do it in so many ways. I keep a Melira, Sylvok Outcast in the main for infect game one, but it can all of a sudden win me the game if I get either Viscera Seer or Carrion Feeder out with either Kitchen Finks or Murderous Redcap . Obviously Vizier of Remedies is better because it can not only enable the persist combo, but give me infinite green mana with Devoted Druid . With infinite green mana, I can win with Rhonas the Indomitable or Shalai, Voice of Plenty when that happens, and both of those creatures work remarkably well on their own without the mana as well. Of course, I can also win with wishing for Impromptu Raid or with Walking Ballista as well. Which brings me to Heliod, Sun-Crowned . Not only does it combo well with the life I gain through my creatures and combos by itself, but with Walking Ballista , it is a two card win combo. Giving Walking Ballista lifelink with Heliod, Sun-Crowned 's passive means that the second Walking Ballista is big enough to survive losing a counter, I win with infinite damage again. The deck is way too addicting, nothing but win cons. Oh, and Hexdrinker is a win con by itself :D
1 month ago
- Jund is amazing in every way except for you wallet. That is the worst part of jund. Discard spells impower your Tarmogoyf so running those is super important. Enough to want more Thoughtseize
- Dark Confidant is really good. It helps fight back the down side of discard cards. would recommand, and its early black devotion. Even when we take 5 on Gary when we cast him we heal so there is up side. Getting closer to our win con is always better. We dont need 20 life to win only 1.
- Scavenging Ooze is pretty powerful, you do have rest in peace in the SB but its still worth considering.
- Plague Engineer can help as well. Id play only one though. I see some decks play Murderous Rider as well as a one of.
- Collective Brutality is a very powerful card. I have been on the receiving end many times and lost because of the value this card gets you.
- I would recommend more removal. Espically at least 1x Abrupt Decay and one more Assassin's Trophy . Id be even more comfortable playing 2 more Fatal Push .
- The Reasons for blue: oko,3/3 elks, oko, and filtering with Snap caster. Unless you fight a lot of burn dont go blue.
- Reasons for red: Bolt is Life (cheap removal), Blood braid value (remember she was banned for some time), and wrenn and six. Jund is much more powerful than this build. That being said its not the archtype, and its wayyyyy more spendy.
- For land you want at least to "horizon lands" such as Nurturing Peatland and fast lands such as Blooming Marsh . Field of Ruin can also really help.
- Kitchen Finks is a great SB card and so is Fulminator Mage . Most play Nihil Spellbomb but you have white so you dont need this. By adding all this removal you wont need Damnation in your SB.
- Not a big fan of Mishra's Bauble or Grim Flayer . 10 Fetches is also a little high i would consider cutting down on those. To 6 or 8.
- You are abzan so i will say Worship is a card Giver of Runes Path to Exile and Angel's Grace are cards. As well as Siege Rhino . White also gets you Vizier of Remedies + Devoted Druid for infinite mana. - Tireless Tracker is also a good card draw engine although its not black.
- Other cards to consider Postmortem Lunge Eladamri's Call Finale of Devastation Sin Collector Eidolon of Rhetoric and Collector Ouphe
2 months ago
- Dark Confidant for card advantage
- Kitchen Finks gets you life gain for burn
- 2x Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet can get a win
- Damnation is a 4 mana boardwipe that is easier to cast
- Isolated Chapel is a land consideration
- Anguished Unmaking is better than spark being it gets ride of the restriction and you have life gain.
- Running creatures will help protect your plains walkers as well as provide a clock. It allows you to get worship as a SB or MB card which can be very powerful, if you opponent cannot deal with is. (It can also be found in Gideon spell book).
- Stony Silence should be in your SB and Rest in Peace should also probably be in there as well