|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs. Eldrazi (DDP)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Common|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Common|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Common|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Vampire
Sacrifice a creature: Bloodthrone Vampire gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
|Have (2)||, Vasbear1|
Bloodthrone Vampire Discussion
1 week ago
My not a fan of Vindictive Vampire , because you play the card on turn 4 and it do nothing. The planeswalker give you vampires +1/0 and lifelink until your next turn and you have normaly Dome vampires to protect it.
Quag Vampires is a sleeper in your hand and in the late Game you need something more impactfull. 3mana for a 2/2 is to slow
Springleaf Drum seems strong i will try it
1 week ago
Falkenrath Noble is actually worse because it hits only one player per trigger and relies too much on your opponents to play many creatures. Stat-wise it might be better because of added evasion in form of flying but I'd actually stick to the ground with Vindictive Vampire dealing 3-4 damage and healing me for 1.
Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet is good but not here - it's place is in some more midrange decks rather than full on aggro. On the other hand Vampire Nocturnus has POTENTIAL to be amazing but... in 3-color deck it has too much % chance to whiff. I've actually counted and there are 41 black cards and it might not be enough to make it worth inclusion.
If I'd make it more similar to my Aggro/Aristocrats deck I'd swap:
- Sorin, Solemn Visitor --> Vindictive Vampire - I see planeswalkers as sorcery spells because there's a very high chance that they'll be killed during the whole turn cycle. So this Sorin is for +1/+0 and lifelink OR 2/2 token... Is it worth 4 CMC? Unfortunately, I don't think so.
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet --> Quag Vampires - low CMC aggro vampire that has potential to be unblockable with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and come with a few +1/+1 counters later in the game.
- Adanto Vanguard --> Bloodthrone Vampire - white vampire for black one and I personally don't see this Vanguard as powerful, while with all those ping abilites on board we can easily machine gun opponents to death (or close enough to be taken down by buffed up vampire lady).
Other than that I'm recently questioning the value of Stromkirk Noble since it's not card... What do you think about it?
1 week ago
Hey, you're welcome, I like the changes.
Something to consider next is reducing the avg. CMC of your deck. It's currently 3.75 which is high when playing a three drop Commander. Ways to reduce the avg. CMC are cut high casting cost cards for low casting cost cards. With Liliana you want to be able to flip her the turn you play her. This makes one drops and two drops who can sac themselves good since they can by themselves flip Liliana and their CMC is low enough that you can easily reanimate them with Liliana, Defiant Necromancer 's -X.
I've been impressed with Cabal Therapist from Modern Horizons who can be a repeatable sac outlet even sacing itself. Blood Pet is another one drop who can flip Liliana by itself while also giving you mana. Carrion Feeder repeatable sac outlet who can sac itself. One drops that can give you value when they sac themselves are good because you can reanimate them with Liliana, Defiant Necromancer 's -X using 1 loyalty. Apprentice Necromancer is a two drop who can sac himself to reanimate any other creature in your graveyard. Bloodthrone Vampire two drop repeatable sac outlet who can sac herself.
1 week ago
Hi, today I thought about some changes that would make your deck faster.
- Stensia Masquerade --> Changeling Outcast - this enchantment hurts more than it helps in my opinion. You're better off with "Vampire" that is unblockable so creates an early threat.
- Twilight Prophet --> Minions' Murmurs - not a vampire this time but you get more immediate draw as opposed to slow effect that requires at least turn cycle to start working.
- Metallic Mimic --> Bloodthrone Vampire - Mimic is not a vampire and it's help is minescule, I'd rather put nice vampire that can work as a sac outlet for all those Blood Artist effects.
- Vampire Nighthawk --> Olivia's Bloodsworn - best vampires for Edgar are low costed so you get the same evasion and potential to give some key creatures haste. Also it hurts less from Ad Nauseam .
- Vanquisher's Banner --> Wheel of Fortune or Dark Confidant or Night's Whisper (depending on budget you have) - I personally don't like banner for it's high cost and if you really want better card draw there are way better and cheaper (at least CMC-wise) cards.
- Sunbaked Canyon --> Caves of Koilos - just minor change, I personally think that your deck just like mine needs lands that provide first and then fixing since turn 3 Necropotence sets you up for an amazing game.
4 weeks ago
I've got something similar in the works myself LOI is defo the best Sorin for vamp tribal. I used Anguished Unmaking for my signature spell myself mainly for flavor reason but also because having instant speed cheap removal for almost anything is nice. If you are sticking with 21 lands i would honestly remove all the 5cmc+ things that don't do much when they hit the battlefield. Personally i don't even have Sorin, Grim Nemesis mainly because the game should already be over or mostly over by the time you play him especially with 21 lands. Personally i would remove him as well as Defiant Bloodlord , Epicure of Blood and Necropolis Regent . You defo need to make room for Bloodghast , Bloodthrone Vampire , Blood Artist , Vampire Nighthawk and New Blood . I'm probably forgetting some others myself. Orzhov Signet as well if you face mana issues.
1 month ago
Hey, keeping your overall deck heavy black is good, the right direction, because of the low budget white and red are better as splashes mostly just for Edgar. You have about $50 to spend before you reach $100. All my card suggestions will cost half that. For the manabase consider a few more budget dual lands?
- Unclaimed Territory
- Exotic Orchard
- Caves of Koilos
- Battlefield Forge
- Tainted Field
- Foreboding Ruins
- Smoldering Marsh
- Tainted Peak
Can cut basic Mountains and Plains for these dual lands.
Most of my Vampire suggestions are one and two drop Vamps because I think you need more of them since they give you board presence faster because of eminence. The 10 budget Vampires to consider including:
- Shadow Alley Denizen
- Vampire Cutthroat
- Viscera Seer
- Pulse Tracker
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan
- Kalastria Highborn
- Gifted Aetherborn
- Vampire Hexmage
- Vampire Lacerator
- Bloodthrone Vampire
Adding all these additional cards will cost about $24. This leaves another $20+ for a few higher end cards with Edgar such as Bloodline Keeper Flip, Drana, Liberator of Malakir and Shared Animosity . Good luck with your deck.
captainamerica on bw
1 month ago
1 month ago
Only one creature because the card doesn't say "sacrifice any number of creatures."
Because the card must be tapped to be activated it can't be repeated multiple times a turn like Bloodthrone Vampire
Because the card says "sacrifice a creature" you cannot sacrifice multiple creatures, unlike something with devour ( Caldera Hellion )
Bloodthrone Vampire occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%