Creature — Vampire
Sacrifice a creature: Bloodthrone Vampire gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs. Eldrazi (DDP)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Common|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Common|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Common|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Bloodthrone Vampire occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Bloodthrone Vampire Discussion
1 month ago
A cheap removal spell in this deck would be a Bone Splinters this of course depends on your meta.
Falkenrath Noble is another good card that also punishes other players who try to set up their sac engine and moves you toward your goal of winning.
I know it is a little pricier at $2ish but a Swords to Plowshares will be invaluable at keeping you alive.
I like Kambal, Consul of Allocation I didn't even know about that card. It doesn't synergize as much with the deck (except for it being a two power card) but it is a nice deterrent.
I dislike Ankle Shanker in this deck because his deathtouch/first strike ability don't trigger when you bring him onto the battlefield from the graveyard tapped and attacking. Which is a HUGE bummer.
I want to get the Archetype of Finality for my deck as well that is pure value in Alesha.
Overall I like it, you have all of the essentials in here. The biggest thing that I notice though is that you don't seem to have that many sacrifice outlets for this deck to get your infinite Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit + Murderous Redcap combo off. I'd recommend Ashnod's Altar and Phyrexian Altar but those are pricey af and I can only recommend if you REALLY like this deck. But there are plenty of cheap ones that I run!
All of the above are under a dollar in price and able to get that sac engine up and running for you.
Anyway I know this was a lot but I hope that it helps you have a good deck here. Enjoy it!
5 months ago
6 months ago
This deck is a little out of sync with itself. It's trying to be a sacrifice deck with large chunks of vampire tribal and lifegain. While it can work, I would try to stick to one theme. I made the same mistake with mine a couple years back. I would suggest the vampire tribal be the first to go, maybe even keeping lifegain aspects and adding Felidar Sovereign . Cards like Reassembling Skeleton is really useful with free sac outlets like Bloodthrone Vampire
6 months ago
Witherscale Wurm taking wither damage won't trigger Hapatra, so there is not much point for him in he deck.
Are you really creating enough tokens to make Bloodflow Connoisseur , Bloodthrone Vampire and Carrion Feeder worthwhile? In my experience with myhapatra deck, the snakes are way to valuable to be sacrificed for a mere +1/+1 counter or +2/+2 until EoT on some creature with no evasion.
Fevered Convulsions , and Gnarled Effigy look terribly unefficient, for mana for a -1/-1 is way too much. I used to run Serrated Arrows and Trigon of Corruption but I ended up cutting them, maybe they could work fine in your deck as you are going strong on Proliferate. Now I'm testing Serrated Biskelion but I'm not completely sold on it, you know you never get to draw the cards you are trying out...
Decimator of the Provinces
is also way too costly, even if you emerge it, and all the trouble just for a wide +2/+2 trample; a simple
would give you a better bang for your mana.
will wipe most of your oponent's creatures and
Revenge of the Hunted
is a one player board wipe. I also find
to be an underrated card to spread counters on your creatures.
Canker Abomination will only get you a snake no matter how many counters it gets, so in the best case scenario it would be a 5/5 with one snake for four mana, its not really worth the deck slot. There are many creatures in the Amonkhet block that will do just that but better.
on the evasion department I would definetly cut Tawnos's Wand , Hot Soup has a bit of a drawback, but Hapatra only has toughness 2, so it won't be a big difference anyway and the card is really funny. Trailblazer's Boots is a bit more expensive, but I would still consider it a budget card.
These kind of decks are supper weak against board wipes, so I'd encourage you to include Golgari Charm or Wrap in Vigor .The best card for that task would be Heroic Intervention but it's getting more and more expensive every day.
If you want to check my Hapatra deck, it's this one Hapatra's death hosts
7 months ago
My not a fan of Vindictive Vampire , because you play the card on turn 4 and it do nothing. The planeswalker give you vampires +1/0 and lifelink until your next turn and you have normaly Dome vampires to protect it.
Quag Vampires is a sleeper in your hand and in the late Game you need something more impactfull. 3mana for a 2/2 is to slow
Springleaf Drum seems strong i will try it
7 months ago
Falkenrath Noble is actually worse because it hits only one player per trigger and relies too much on your opponents to play many creatures. Stat-wise it might be better because of added evasion in form of flying but I'd actually stick to the ground with Vindictive Vampire dealing 3-4 damage and healing me for 1.
Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet is good but not here - it's place is in some more midrange decks rather than full on aggro. On the other hand Vampire Nocturnus has POTENTIAL to be amazing but... in 3-color deck it has too much % chance to whiff. I've actually counted and there are 41 black cards and it might not be enough to make it worth inclusion.
If I'd make it more similar to my Aggro/Aristocrats deck I'd swap:
- Sorin, Solemn Visitor --> Vindictive Vampire - I see planeswalkers as sorcery spells because there's a very high chance that they'll be killed during the whole turn cycle. So this Sorin is for +1/+0 and lifelink OR 2/2 token... Is it worth 4 CMC? Unfortunately, I don't think so.
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet --> Quag Vampires - low CMC aggro vampire that has potential to be unblockable with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and come with a few +1/+1 counters later in the game.
- Adanto Vanguard --> Bloodthrone Vampire - white vampire for black one and I personally don't see this Vanguard as powerful, while with all those ping abilites on board we can easily machine gun opponents to death (or close enough to be taken down by buffed up vampire lady).
Other than that I'm recently questioning the value of Stromkirk Noble since it's not card... What do you think about it?
7 months ago
Hey, you're welcome, I like the changes.
Something to consider next is reducing the avg. CMC of your deck. It's currently 3.75 which is high when playing a three drop Commander. Ways to reduce the avg. CMC are cut high casting cost cards for low casting cost cards. With Liliana you want to be able to flip her the turn you play her. This makes one drops and two drops who can sac themselves good since they can by themselves flip Liliana and their CMC is low enough that you can easily reanimate them with Liliana, Defiant Necromancer 's -X.
I've been impressed with Cabal Therapist from Modern Horizons who can be a repeatable sac outlet even sacing itself. Blood Pet is another one drop who can flip Liliana by itself while also giving you mana. Carrion Feeder repeatable sac outlet who can sac itself. One drops that can give you value when they sac themselves are good because you can reanimate them with Liliana, Defiant Necromancer 's -X using 1 loyalty. Apprentice Necromancer is a two drop who can sac himself to reanimate any other creature in your graveyard. Bloodthrone Vampire two drop repeatable sac outlet who can sac herself.
7 months ago
Hi, today I thought about some changes that would make your deck faster.
- Stensia Masquerade --> Changeling Outcast - this enchantment hurts more than it helps in my opinion. You're better off with "Vampire" that is unblockable so creates an early threat.
- Twilight Prophet --> Minions' Murmurs - not a vampire this time but you get more immediate draw as opposed to slow effect that requires at least turn cycle to start working.
- Metallic Mimic --> Bloodthrone Vampire - Mimic is not a vampire and it's help is minescule, I'd rather put nice vampire that can work as a sac outlet for all those Blood Artist effects.
- Vampire Nighthawk --> Olivia's Bloodsworn - best vampires for Edgar are low costed so you get the same evasion and potential to give some key creatures haste. Also it hurts less from Ad Nauseam .
- Vanquisher's Banner --> Wheel of Fortune or Dark Confidant or Night's Whisper (depending on budget you have) - I personally don't like banner for it's high cost and if you really want better card draw there are way better and cheaper (at least CMC-wise) cards.
- Sunbaked Canyon --> Caves of Koilos - just minor change, I personally think that your deck just like mine needs lands that provide first and then fixing since turn 3 Necropotence sets you up for an amazing game.