|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Uncommon|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Common|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Drake
When Peregrine Drake enters the battlefield, untap up to five lands.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (20)||bakeraj4 , darthnuchi , ibraJG84 , dplerner , the.beanpole , Supremespeed , jtaddeo , angesoir , MagnaAura , damo_rox , rikertchu , Justinaut , XxCataclysmiCxX , ExaByteOctopus , Florg , bpiser95 , itheoryz , ninjaclevs13 , Sparky41 , PTsmitty|
|Want (39)||marsp44 , buildingadeck , Egag101 , link2213 , fireborne1986 , jarjar102 , Jose_Arrogantio , adb_slayer , MagnaAura , Daeyel , Balrock2104 , Hopper_2011 , TmanToxic1337 , gamerhat , Falco101 , RedSinR , kvfd1719 , SketchyScribbler , cdgalucard , Cthulhupoof9797 , Aleksey85 , Hayliiel , annhuang , dauid , CarlyRaeJepsenMTG , snackeater , sac_cb , hotdoglord123 , gavriel1136 , LilBDeSmall , SweetMermaidPuss , jsdk70 , magicthegatheringplayer37 , KeksimusMaximus , Wopenras , the_grond , Elode , Axertin , Nerukad|
Peregrine Drake Discussion
5 days ago
Consuming aberration - this doesn’t seem to do a lot in your deck, since it only cares about opponents graves and only mills opponents
If you’re looking for a finisher, Gray Merchant of Asphodel is super good to play every turn. It’s duel purpose of killing everyone else while gaining 3 times what they lost. Similar to Kokusho, but since the deck is half black, can be better
Acidic Slime is the most versatile removal on a dude. You don’t need it every game, but sometimes you really need it
Also a thing to consider depending on what you’re playgroup likes is some infinite mana, probably with Deadeye Navigator and Peregrine Drake. One thing with deadeye is that once you have infinite mana of all colors then you can start flickering Muldrotha so you can play every nonland permanent from your grave, multiple times if you have a sac outlet
1 week ago
Assemble an infinite combo with my favorite card, Fleshwrither
My version Show
1 week ago
Have you thought about using cards like Wargate? It's a card that can be useful at any point of the game. Especially if you use a lot of flicker effects you can pay x=3 grab it back with Eternal Witness, grab it back with E-Wit, use it again to tutor out for something else. Favorite Bant card of all time.
Some additional cards that can be cosidered:
- Mystic Snake
- Felidar Sovereign
- Peregrine Drake
- Eldrazi Displacer
- Karmic Guide
- Reflector Mage
- Aura Shards
- Venser, Shaper Savant
- Chord of Calling
- Brago, King Eternal
- Aid from the Cowl
Hope these help!
1 week ago
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on your suggestions.
- Primordial Sage - I actually just dropped this for Beast Whisperer for the lower CMC.
- Beastcaller Savant - This is replacing Farhaven Elf immediately, I forgot about this guy for whatever reason even though I run him in another deck. Great catch.
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds - love this card and will be finding a home for her
- Ancestral Statue - I like the idea of having a card to return creatures to my hand, but I think I want to find something that has an activation cost, so I can abuse it as opposed to just a single ETB effect. But you got my motor going with this suggestion.
- Cloud of Faeries/Great Whale/Palinchron - I'm eventually going to replace Peregrine Drake with Palinchron one of these days, I'm not sure I want to run more than one of these types of creatures just because I have so many other awesome stuff I don't want to sacrifice for it, but I'm going to keep the other suggestions in mind, this deck will be forever elvolving.
- Fierce Empath - For whatever reason, I've never really liked this card, don't know why. But the fact I can cast it for 1 mana and get any of my big fatties is really nice. It will probably find a home eventually, just need to decide what I'm willing to lose first.
- Tishana, Voice of Thunder - This card was in my original build and eventually got cut to help lower the average CMC and make way for other ideas. I really like the card, and I'm almost certain I will be putting her back in soon.
Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll be taking a look at your deck today.
3 weeks ago
As far a vela combos go, Deadeye Navigator + Peregrine Drake will be one of your easiest combos to assemble since it then gives you the mana to cast vela. If you want to stick to artifact themed though, I would look at cards like Nim Deathmantle and Ashnod's Altar as includes with cards like Myr Battlesphere.
Just a heads up on the pili-pala combo, you can't play all the pieces in one turn - Pili-Pala's untap ability is also affected by summoning sickness. So you either need to cheat it into play at EoT or give it haste or play it earlier.
4 weeks ago
Hi faricane, nice to hear ya :) let me get through your points step by step.
- The cards
Muddle the Mixture is a good counterspell on its own . that way it has 2 purposes inside this list - tutor or counter.
Mercurial Chemister is just a personal thing. he granted me many cards in games as he wont be the first target to get removed. you could drop him for another tutor.
Commander's Sphere and Manalith are in here for my dramatic scepter combo as i need rocks to produce every kind of mana to go infinite with breya. for sure your mentions are a great addition. i just dont added them cause i dont have any more copies of them.
Rune-Scarred Demon is just a tutor and a beater on a stick. i just like him if games take the long run and i need to rely on some boardpresence. at least 7cmc is not a problem with all the mana ramp this list offers.
Zulaport Cutthroat is not really neccesary in this list. ya, he can go infinite within the sharuum-combo, but we have other options to winthe game without him. i would not add more effects like his one cause i like to fill the spots with other spells. i would only 1 spell in his slot that supports the sharuum-combo that way. you can go for Altar of the Brood instead.
Cyclonic Rift a great card and i played it many months in this list. then i just removed it for other decks. breya didnt need it that much. i go for the disk-combo instead to set opponents back in late game (if we even get there)
Saheeli's Directive and Time Sieve are really bad! why? they are only great when you have access to any infinite (mana or tokens) but at this point you already won the game. you dont need those "win-more" cards. they just steal slots of your 99s.
myr retriver and co.: we dont need much recursion. i already have Daretti, Scrap Savant, Goblin Welder, Sharuum the Hegemon and Academy Ruins. they are all better. at least we got Elixir of Immortality if things really went wrong lol.
Suggestions: you wrote that you would cut the Vampiric Tutor for budget reasons. i fully agree, but keep in mind: your fast pace relies on your tutors. VT is one of the cards i would really recommend for this deck as it is the fasted tutor besides Enlightened Tutor. on lucky days you might find a cheap one on ebay or other trading sides :)
4 weeks ago
Some cards you may want to consider.
- Deadeye Navigator will give infinite mana in combination with Peregrine Drake
- Oblivion Stone is a really nasty combo you can use with Sun Titan
- Felidar Guardian and Altar of the Brood is a good win condition with aminatou as Felidar Guardian can flicker Aminatou which then allows Aminatou to flicker Felidar Guardian, this causes infinite ETB's which will mill everyone at the table with Altar of the Brood out. Plus altar goes well with Trinket Mage which you are already running.
- I also believe you need more flicker effects so I highly recommend andy of the following; Restoration Angel, Venser, the Sojourner, Eldrazi Displacer, Eerie Interlude
- I am not a fan of Mana Leak in edh since it is very common to hold up lots of mana in the late game, I believe any of these counterspells are better while still being budget; Arcane Denial,Disdainful Stroke,Foil,Sinister Sabotage,Rewind and if you have a few dollars I highly recommend Swan Song
- And while I know this is a budget deck, I have to recommend Cyclonic Rift as it is undeniably the strongest blue card in all of EDH.
1 month ago
Why are you running Deadeye Navigator? The only creature with an ETB that can be used repeatedly is Archaeomancer, and to be frankly honest, I wouldn't really want to target any of the instants or sorceries you have at the moment. Ususally stuff like High Tide or something that screams value. I'd recommend adding Peregrine Drake, or if you want to stay on theme with a bigger body (though it is more expensive) Palinchron. Possibly Mulldrifter. If you want to take a look at my mono-blue list, here it is.