|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Uncommon|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Common|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Drake
When Peregrine Drake enters the battlefield, untap up to five lands.
|Have (4)||rockleemyhero , PTsmitty , shinbatsu , metalmagic|
|Want (3)||Ellana , tweisman , undocumented|
Peregrine Drake Discussion
3 days ago
Can I suggest running a Peregrine Drake to combo with your Deadeye Navigator? He's only like $.50 so he's definitely a budget option. A combination of the two means you have infinite mana to flicker any other ally you want any number of times. That can be game ending when you have any sort of enter the battlefield effects.
2 weeks ago
Im going to go ahead and not assume that you have anything quite yet and go through the common inf mana lines as well as infinite The Chain Veil . Sorry if these are redundant, but I feel like I shouldn't assume.
With inf mana, anything that has forced draw x or mill x wins the game.
With inf mana Deadeye Navigator combos, you can add in Deceiver Exarch to any of them and tap down your opponents at upkeep or better yet Riftwing Cloudskate / Venser, Shaper Savant to bounce all of their permanents.
Hopefully at least something here helps!
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Probably Peregrine Drake combo. I'm also looking at the possibility of killing with stuff like Craterhoof Behemoth and pals by podding into high-cmc creatures that create a bunch of tokens upon entry.
3 weeks ago
Awesome, thanks for the feedback and additional insight~
I'll agree about Treefolk, and probably Sporemound. I didn't see your combo kill until you pointed it out, and at that point 'mound is too much mana for too little payoff in the combo line. And Treefolk is more cute than efficient - Tatyova is a crazy card advantage engine, and it can grind with the best of them until the end of times, or until she decks you if not careful. Treefolk helps that plan, but really, isn't needed.
Reap and Sow is expensive at 4CMC, but gets Mystic untapped. I love when land search gets me untapped stuff, so it made it into my list.
I really enjoy my suite of 1CMC blue cantrips/card advantage. I like being able to chain, to pick cards, and go from there, but it's feeling worse and worse to scry when I just shuffle anyway. Impulse, too - I like that it digs 4 deep, but since it's very common for me to tutor a land, it feels like a wasted 'dig' after I shuffle my unused stuff back. I'm considering things like Mulch , Grapple with the Past , Mental Note , Pieces of the Puzzle , or Scout the Borders . I think Taigam's Scheming / Contingency Plan seem decent. They don't draw itself, but there's always a land in-hand to pick up any card we left on top we need, or they get 5 cards out of the deck that aren't critical to the kill. Have you tried any of them? The deck is pretty graveyard based anyway, so putting stuff there isn't bad, and concentrating the deck for the brute-force tutoring we do of just drawing into the combo seems good.
Turn 3 Tatyova is feels good, and I have all of three ways to do it, between Sakura-Tribe Scout , Skyshroud Ranger , and Search for Tomorrow . Turn one land accel is the only way she comes out on turn three, so I'm going to try Arboreal Grazer (which does any land) and possibly Elvish Pioneer (only does basics, boo). Have you tried them? I'd also be happy if there were more targets for Displace out that can drop lands, just in case.
I dropped Trinket Mage for Dizzy Spell , since it costs the same, finds everything the Mage does, but also finds High Tide and Crop Rotation . I don't have the same Artifact package as you do, so having a body to flicker if need be to get more goodies makes sense, but it's still recurrable as an instant.
Thinking about it, I'm probably still more of the value-oriented deck with a combo finish, whereas you're in the hard-line combo line.
Final question - I don't get how Cloud of Faeries gets infinite mana. High Tide and Peregrine Drake , sure, but if you Flicker Mystic and Cloud, it costs 3 and you get 3 untapped lands. Is Simic Growth Chamber the final piece you need? Probably just answered my question. Good job, me.
Thanks, and awesome deck!
1 month ago
Ditch Dramatic Reversal , it's just taking up a slot. Ghitu Journeymage and Dire Fleet Ravager are not the best choices for this deck. Try swapping these with the combo of Archaeomancer , Peregrine Drake , and Ghostly Flicker , as it allows you to make infinite 2/2s with haste out of infinite mana.
Also, change the format to EDH Please
1 month ago
Hi epsqm, glad to hear you're on the Tatyova side!! :)
1) The common killing line is just the combo, which you can achieve through several different lines. The most common line is to find Mystic Sanctuary and Ghostly Flicker as a start (together with Tatyova of course). From there on you only need some kind of mana acceleration like High Tide , Cloud of Faeries or Peregrine Drake and then you have infinite mana, infinite carddraw and infinite life. Finding this combo is the actual challenge of piloting this deck. Then you can finish by bouncing everyones permanents ( Capsize or Temporal Fissure ) into killing them with Adventuring Gear , yes, because your creatures also have infinite power then. I must admit that I am running a Gear-less list right now, and I am finishing through Compulsive Research :D The Gear has always been a dead card whereas Research can work as an actual card. Especially when you're trying to go off and youre only searching for the last piece of the puzzle, a card draw spell is nice to have. And even if they exile your graveyard with the Research in it, they will still lose the game if you bounce them all their permanents lol They can decide to either die fast or slowly :P It's not easy to come back without any lands, any other permanents and against a Tatyova player how could always go infinite on instant speed again ;) So basically with the combo you can lock everybody out not giving them any chance, even if you didnt have any other win con.
2) Sporemound has been in the list from my very first scratches on, and had to go as the very last part of "old, good ideas". The thing is: This deck is so fast at killing people through the combo, it actually hurts to slam down a 5drop that could be countered or removed and I would have been time walked then. Even in team games, I managed to kill with Tatyova like Turn6 even through some sort of removal and counterspells. But its really challenging, as I said. I have goldfished this list about 50 or 60 times and actually played it like 15 times. And its never boring because its so challenging to go for the right lines.
3) Relic of Progenitus has never been great for me, but I kinda do see the reason. I just feel you never really wanna play without a relic in your deck, especially if you're playing Trinket Mage nontheless. Feel free to exclude the Relic from your list, but there is other cruel combo decks out there as well. And sometimes other people wanna lock you out as well. I think I once used the Relic to break the Soulherder 's value chain, because he was blinking his Archaeomancer and always got his Counterspell back. Relic was my only way to break that lock, if I remember that game correctly. And sometimes Relic is just a bad cantrip and just fine.
4) Wormfang Newt is new to me, I have not seen this card, I will be thinking about that. Going off with Displace is super hard in this deck and Newt surely helps with that. The most difficult part is to find a slot for it. Thanks a lot for that suggestion.
5) Tilling Treefolk has been in and out. You gotta know: When I started building a Tatyova Deck, I was thinking about a great value deck with all the shenanigans. But then in the middle of the testing, Mystic Sanctuary got printed and suddenly the whole deck had the chance to become a great combo deck I noticed. So I went back to the drawing board and had to cut so many great but "just fair" cards ;) There isn't even a Mulldrifter in this deck anymore. And so even Treefolk had to go. And the Grixis Panorama and the Naya Panorama went with him.
I have about 80 cards (or more) that were in this deck, but had to go at some point.
1 month ago
(Disclaimer: My first post, so let me know if I need to make edits.)
Could anyone provide some feedback on my two decks? I’m getting back into this after 15 years. Yay. For now this is just for casual play. I don’t mind spending a few dollars, just not many dollars. Thanks for stopping by and for any and all help!
Peregrine Drake occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%