Creature — Drake
When Peregrine Drake enters the battlefield, untap up to five lands.
|Want (4)||PhantomWings , ephemeralAubade , mathgrumps , CaptainFruffles|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Uncommon|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Common|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
- Eldrazi Displacer + Peregrine Drake
- Archaeomancer + Displace + Peregrine Drake
- Deadeye Navigator + Peregrine Drake
- Cavern Harpy + Peregrine Drake
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Peregrine Drake occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Peregrine Drake Discussion
3 days ago
Gifting and then goading Phage does sound fun, and once it gets down to a 1-v-1 you have enough unblockable effects that she can close out a game with relative ease.
+1 for your response and defending your choices!
1 week ago
Heartless Summoning does not help with Araumi's ability, but it's very solid to help us power out our higher-cmc reanimation targets very early! It also allows us to somewhat churn through creatures with an Altar, and often even GAIN mana off things like Peregrine Drake.
2 weeks ago
you need more interactions. and draw. Beast Whisperer, Phyrexian Rebirth, Smothering Tithe, Rhystic Study, Simic Ascendancy, Phyrexian Arena, Empowered Autogenerator, Cleansing Nova, Krosan Grip, Evolution Sage, Forgotten Ancient, Kodama's Reach, and Farseek, Herald of Secret Streams, and Fathom Mage need to go in. maybe Rampant Growth. maybe Pyramid of the Pantheon or Chromatic Orrery this speeds and mana fixes you. draws you cards, helps speed the game up for you. gives you some artifact and enchantment destruction. because you will need it. add in Peregrine Drake and Temur Sabertooth for infinite colored mana? take out Tezzeret's Gambit, Chord of Calling, Howl from Beyond.
2 weeks ago
Ok, that clears up the pond much more, thank you.
In that case, some strictly good copy/clone targets include:
- Biovisionary: Simply giggily. No explanation necessary.
- Sphinx Ambassador: Being able to straight up steal creatures from your opponents' libraries for guessing a random creature is fun!
- Woodland Bellower & Fierce Empath: They grab each other, and can grab other creatures! Great for a more "toolbox" utility to your deck!
- Temur Sabertooth & Kogla, the Titan Ape: Stuck with a clone that is just not good enough? Well, these two beasties can reset those etb's!
- Deadeye Navigator & Peregrine Drake: Yes, of course, they combo. yay. However separately, they can be quite useful. Being able to reset Clone targets is always useful to have in the pocket. With the P Drake, you can net mana depending on the clone being used!
- Tishana, Voice of Thunder: She isn't the most mana effective way of drawing cards per se, but the value you can get off of her ETB is just bonkers.
- Frilled Mystic, Mystic Snake, & Venser, Shaper Savant: Beyond being just some nice control on a creature body, Venser can get around those sticky "Cannot be countered" spells!
- Bane of Progress & Reclamation Sage: Simply lovely Enchantment and artifact removal!
- Meteor Golem: need to blow up anything? Golem boi can handle that. (Insert Staples button here)
Let me know if any of these help at all!
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
I am also in the process of brewing Araumi and found one or two cards that i will definitely include. I agree with SynergyBuild on Scholar of the Ages. The effect is strong but too slow for the investment of 7 Mana. I don't like to run tutors, so i have less instants and sorceries so i also don't run Archaeomancer but i think i would also run it in your version. Since you are not going the path of keeping your tokens creatures with death triggers (Keiga, the Tide Star, Kokusho, the Evening Star) could be an option. Doomwake Giant give all opponents creatures -9/-9. Patron of the Vein destroys tree creatures and leaves you with tree 13/13 flyers. And like Cloud of Faeries and Peregrine Drake, Priest of Gix can give you a manaboost. Deranged Assistant Mills and ramps you.
1 month ago
There are some powerful (infinite) combo's in here that can close out the game:
Peregrine Drake + Archaeomancer + Displace or Ghostly Flicker = Infinite mana. Once we have infinite mana we can continuously blink Mulldrifter or Atris, Oracle of Half-Truths to draw our whole deck. Before winning with Jace, Wielder of Mysteries or Thassa's Oracle. Alternatively, we can mill all our opponents with Sphinx Mindbreaker (possibly turning it into damage with Mindcrank), or steal all our opponent's permanents with Agent of Treachery.
Of course, it is also fun to not combo off and just fill our opponent's graveyards, resurrect their stuff under our control and kill them with their own creatures.