|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Altar of the Brood
Whenever another permanent enters the battlefield under your control, each opponent puts the top card of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (33)||Caldazar , ironax , Axtel , Wolfebladeelite , Cyrk , Supremespeed , sneferie , Fullmetalmage , Doom_of_Valyria , dbp512 , gildan_bladeborn , LegendDeer , TheRealPeaches , , pskinn01 , jstn.mrrtt , silvereh , philktoken8998 , rikertchu , , golgarigirl , Skydra2 , Ashy , Hootiequack , Antiat , TrackerD , Nemesis , Malachy_ , Riders_of_Brohan , Nebman227 , thetechzombie , GoldGhost012 , cryptoplasm|
|Want (2)||mbishop723 , Turtlelover73|
Altar of the Brood Discussion
14 minutes ago
i am a big fan of my Altar of the Brood maybe its a great addition in your deck still
3 days ago
Trophy Mage should be in this list shouldn't it? If your deck contains Aquamoeba , Kozilek, Butcher of Truth and a Phyrexian Altar the deck goes truly infinite off your Skullclamp combo a 1 of Altar of the Brood can give you an alternative win con over damage or lab maniac but it takes up a bit of room. an alternative to rituals which you have on the maybe board perhaps Turnabout could be an option. Also I like your list as is Thumbs Up
4 days ago
Very cool commander!
Maybe more of a discard/mill/wheel package with cards like Hedron Crab, Mindcrank, Bloodchief Ascension, Altar of the Brood, Sands of Delirium, Increasing Confusion, Mind Grind, Mind Funeral, Glimpse the Unthinkable, Fraying Sanity, Windfall, Time Spiral, Greel, Mind Raker, Words of Waste, Beacon of Unrest, and Torment of Hailfire ?
4 days ago
You'll then want the soul sisters to counteract the damage with lifegain! Every token you get gains you a life, so you end up even on life and now have tokens! Soul's Attendant, Soul Warden, Suture Priest, and maybe Anointer Priest!
Cathars' Crusade will be really good!
Hope some of this helps!
5 days ago
Altar of the Brood is great in this deck. Sure it's a little win more, but if I'm going to be busting out 10-20 goblin tokens a turn we may as well add insult to injury. It's usually seen as a fairly urgent threat - as it turns out, people hate milling that much per turn. It's also a 1-drop and not a main win condition so if someone wants to use their removal on AotB that's fine by me.
As for the 'create 2 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens' suite, I used to run them & ultimately found they were too weak/ineffective. I slapped in a few duplicating + untap effects (see the 'Krenko x2' category up there) to maximize Krenko's ability and have had enormous success with that strategy.
I definitely could use more card draw in this deck, you're right. I was leaning toward wheel effects but Slate of Ancestry could be crazy in here, I'd definitely need to add a Reliquary Tower and/or Thought Vessel if I add that!
Thanks NoSoyYucateco, good ideas + discussion.
1 week ago
- Any cmc 0 artifact or artifact creature + sac outlet + any creature that returns artifacts from graveyard or battlefield to hand.
- Lotus Petal + Restoration Specialist/Salvage Scout + sac outlet = infinite loops. Do this with Blasting Station/Altar of Dementia/Altar of the Brood on the table and you win.
- If you have Mishra's Bauble or Urza's Bauble as your cmc 0 artifact to recur but no win con in hand you can loop both indefinitely to draw as many cards as you want on your opponents next upkeep. If Spellbook is out on the table there is no punishment for hand size reduction (buzz off jin gitaxis!). If you have to discard to a wheel you still have access to looping creatures from the graveyard by playing Teshar, Ancestor’s Apostle + any artifact on the next turn.
- Oblation on your own permanent, Ichor Wellspring, cycling Forsake the Worldly, all will draw you cards in a pinch.
- Probably best way to draw a ton of cards on your turn is to have a mana combo going and abuse it with something like Phyrexian Furnace or Scrabbling Claws, paying 1 extra each time you sac them in order to draw until you find what you need.
- If you are using Filigree Familiar as your recurrable creature be careful. The card draw is not a may ability so you can deck yourself if you get over zealous!
- Recur Burnished Hart. If you have any kind of mana combo and insert this in you can typically get all the lands you want out on the field.
- Knight of the White Orchid as a recurrable creature will get you lands into play untapped
- Recur Solemn Simulacrum via Myr Retriever or Junk Diver and Ashnod's Altar/Krark-Clan Ironworks. (Also gives you card draw.)
- Infinite mana into a Walking Ballista
- Storm with an Aetherflux Reservoir out/have soul warden out and recur creatures until you have infinite life then play the reservoir.
- Have Blasting Station or Altar of Dementia as your sac outlet for looping
- Have Ashnod's Altar or Krark-Clan Ironworks out as your sac outlet with Altar of the Brood on the board.
1 week ago
Here is a janky way of going infinite with mono red Squee.
Also go check out the discussion about Squee, the Immortal on MTG Salvation. Another infinite combo is near the bottom on the first page.
As a lover of Squee, cool deck man! Good luck with your games!