Embodiment of Insight
Creature — Elemental
Land creatures you control have vigilance.
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may have target land you control become a 3/3 Elemental creature with haste until end of turn. It's still a land.
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Embodiment of Insight Discussion
3 weeks ago
Cool deck! You might like these: Animist's Awakening, Kamahl's Druidic Vow, Traverse the Outlands, Squandered Resources, Lotus Cobra, Stone-Seeder Hierophant, Shared Summons, Alhammarret's Archive, Memorial to Unity, Memorial to Folly, Embodiment of Fury, Embodiment of Insight, Hissing Quagmire, Lavaclaw Reaches, Raging Ravine, Waker of the Wilds (strongly recommend this last one. once Om is out, you can pay to pop a land, dealing 3 damage and creating a bigger elemental)
1 month ago
Before I dive into the responses, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to comment.
- Emerald Medallion/Rhonas's Monument - bring in mono green, I have no way to search for these to get them out early and after turn 4 they really become a dead draw. The deck generates an insane amount of mana when I get going for better utility that I can use at any point in the game.
- Nyx Lotus - I hate that it enters tapped. I've been on the fence about it, and if I ever pull one or trade for one, I'll test it. It also runs counterintuitive to Collector Ouphe which I try to keep out as often as possible to hinder my playgroup.
- Bow of Nylea - deathtouch is rarely needed, Ohran Frostfang is ran mostly because of the passive draw ability it has. I am running this in my budget deck though since it doesn't generate mana like this version does. I do plan on testing it in this version eventually for the other abilities though.
- Brawn/Nylea, God of the Hunt/Nylea's Forerunner/Primal Rage/Roughshod Mentor - between kamahl and hoofy, these are unneeded.
- Citanul Hierophants/Cryptolith Rite - I ran hierophants for a long time when I first made the deck and eventually dropped it. Outside of my mana dorks, I dont tap the creatures for mana, so it just became unnecessary.
- Embodiment of Insight - I dont turn my lands into creatures unless absolutely necessary. So this doesn't really help my playstyle.
- Sword of the Animist - it's a great card, I just don't use equipment in this deck. No real reason for it, I dont even run Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves.
- Vivien's Arkbow/Elvish Piper - both on the list to playtest.
- Overwhelming Stampede/Overrun - ran stampede for years in the deck and eventually dropped it for more utility. My commander does overrun at instant speed so I wont waste a slot on the actual overrun card.
- Beastmaster Ascension - haven't really considered it to be honest. I dont need it offensively, but could be useful to help keep my mana dorks alive from mass damage spells. I'll have to play around with it.
- Rogue's Passage - unneeded. When I swing, I get through.
- Reliquary Tower - already in the deck.
- Pir's Whim - I just recently discovered this card for another deck and plan on playtesting it in this deck.
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary - on the maybe list, I'll eventually playtest it.
- Harmonize - I have better draw spells for only 1 additional mana.
Again, thank you for all the suggestions, I greatly appreciate it.
1 month ago
I love this deck though i have to wonder why some cards are not in here if you could find room fair enough or if you though that this doesn't need them again fine. Emerald Medallion and/or Rhonas's Monument for cheaper spells and creatures now I know green can ridiculous amounts of mana so these are not the most important but the monument does give a creature a mini Overrun each time you cast a creature spell. Nyx Lotus which just a second slower Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx for more ramp, Bow of Nylea Which gives the passive ability of Ohran Frostfang as it never hurts to have redundancy a few time to have something to fall back on but also give you these really nice modal options the best for this deck are the add a +1/+1 counter on a creature each turn which helps trample, And the Put up to four target cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your library in any order for reusable cards as I didn't see anything that lets you use the graveyard as a resource and like it been apart of every green deck I seen because of it utility. Things that give creatures trample other than your commander things like Brawn, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Nylea's Forerunner, Primal Rage or Roughshod Mentor things like that. Citanul Hierophants or Cryptolith Rite for more mana. Embodiment of Insight as it such has a high synergy level with your commander. Sword of the Animist for repeatable forest searching which also helps thin your deck so your draw abilites become more useful. Vivien's Arkbow or Elvish Piper for free creatures. Overwhelming Stampede as it has a great synergy with your commander. you mention over Overrun and that would be a great addition to this deck as would Beastmaster Ascension which I always seen as an auto include. May take out a forest for Rogue's Passage as unblockable creatures in decks like this are no joke. I would do the same for a Reliquary Tower for unlimited hand size, mostly for those people that are running forced draw card decks like Nekusar, the Mindrazer or similar decks. I would also run Pir's Whim for a few reason, 1. it give you the ability to search for a non-basic land, 2. it can target more than just one artifact or enchantment (though you don't get to choose) and 3. it a little politics to your deck you can make deals with other players so they can be friends instead of foes until you are ready to deal with them. And finally both Lifecrafter's Bestiary and Harmonize for more draw power
3 months ago
Forest- Myriad Landscape
3 months ago
4 months ago
I see your point about Liege of the Tangle. For example if someone plays a card with "return all creatures to hand", these land creatures would go to my hand (correct me if I'm wrong on that). I had paired Liege of the Tangle and Embodiment of Insight and since there are often board wipes in my groups meta I will probably eliminate these two cards.
As for Titania, Protector of Argoth, I have seen this card before and think it would do really well in this deck. This would be a great addition.
While the lands you suggested would pair really well with Titania, I'm not too keen on the pay one life part of the cost. There are a few decks in our meta that tick life totals quite a bit and this wouldn't help out with that. If I would add these lands it might be worth having Lifegift, I'm just not sure what to take out for them.
As for cards to take out, I know that Thantis, the Warweaver and Gyrus, walker of corpses don't do much for the landfall theme, so I was planning on taking them out. Also on this list were Bloodtracker, Worm Harvest and Soul of Innistrad.
I really just put in Etali, Primal Storm for the effect and the heavy hitting, I know he doesn't fit the landfall theme. He may be taken out for a different deck tho.
Thank you so much for the advice I really appreciate it!!
4 months ago
I don’t like Liege of the Tangle much, especially if your playgroup’s meta runs many boardwipes since the lands stay creatures as long as they have counters on them whether the liege is on the battlefield or not. Making a bunch of 8/8s is powerful for sure though, and if you can manage to only use untapped lands after casting him then it’s probably ok. Then at least you get your use out of him. I’m also on the fence about the Embodiment of Insight, but being able to swing with the above 8/8s and still use them for mana sounds great to me. The 3/3s from the landfall ability may not always be relevant, but still could have purpose.
I’d also suggest finding room for Ramunap Excavator for some redundancy with Crucible of Worlds, since you don’t always want to be using Windgrace’s minus ability to get lands back. Again, powerful ability, definitely use it, but being able to discard a land to draw two cards has been so useful for me.
Gitrog is awesome here, and as much as Omnath is expensive, he does work too. Since you’re using some fetches like Terramorphic Expanse and Jund Panorama I’d recommend Titania, Protector of Argoth too. She’s so good. Even better if you find the budget for cards like Wooded Foothills, Verdant Catacombs, Bloodstained Mire and the other six fetches you can legally run here. The more density of lands that sac themselves the better. Especially if you get Mina and Denn, Wildborn or Gitrog our with them.
Ok. So we’re looking for up to 6 slots for the four you wanted, and possibly the two I suggested. I’m first looking at your high cost cards since you’re adding a couple, and whatever else feels low impact. I’ll try to suggest more than 6 so you can think about their roles and how you see them fitting, cause this is your deck and how it plays is your fun, not mine.
Moldgraf Monstrosity recursion good; random bad, expensive bad, and if it gets exiled by not its ability;bad.
Charnelhoard Wurm; recursion of any card, really good; expensive bad, combat damage reliant, possibly bad.
Thantis, the Warweaver; flavour super cool, ability to speed up games; good, relevant to your decks plan, not really.
Rubblehulk is a huge body, for me his bloodrush ability is probably the most useful thing, otherwise there will be times he does nothing. The ability to get in for lethal off his bloodrush ability is real though.
Etali and Flameblast, not on theme but both super powerful. I like Etali better; that ability is so useful, a bit random but free spells are free spells. That being said flying is a real threat to this deck so having the dragon could be useful too.
Baloth Woodcrasher; just a beater, an on theme beater that could potentially be a really big trampler if you get a bunch of lands entering on the same turn, but nonetheless still just a beater. The multiple fetchland recursion is when I love playing windgrace the most though so I see the appeal. Crash of Rhino Beetles is kind of the same. Although a 15/15 is nothing to scoff at. Zendikar Incarnate fits here too.
Emissary of Grudges; it’s interesting and it’s ability is useful. It’s also late game and I don’t see how it contributes to your game plan. I could be wrong though.
Gyrus, Waker of Corpses is cool but might not be on theme. I’m not sure how often you need your creatures in your graveyard though.
There might be some more effective cards than Lavalanche (single target,) Retreat to Hagra (but deathtouch is nice, and the other ability could have some nice turns in corner cases,) and a few others but functionally I don’t have complaints about them.
Sorry for the wall of text, but I don’t like giving my input without the thought behind it.
Anyway, what do you think?