Enchantment Creature — Beast
Other creatures you control have trample.
Printings View all
|Theros Beyond Death (THB)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Nylea's Forerunner Discussion
2 months ago
Version 2.3. M21 booster draft best picks. -Azorius Skyguard, +Watcher of the Spheres // -Archipelagore, +Roaming Ghostlight // -Riftwing Cloudskate, +Tide Skimmer // -Golden Egg, +Fabled Passage // -Loyal Pegasus, +Selfless Savior // -Master Decoy, +Giant Killer // -Liliana's Triumph, +Grasp of Darkness // -Foreboding Fruit, +Village Rites // -Ill-Gotten Inheritance, +Demonic Embrace // -Burning Sun's Avatar, +Chandra's Pyreling // -Nylea's Forerunner, +Garruk's Harbinger // -Commune with Nature, +Fierce Empath.
2 months ago
VorelNailo: Thanks for the comment and the upvote. Mammomth and Rhonas are great suggestions. I couldn't yet get any copies of Rhonas, and I have my copy of Mammoth in my Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma deck. I know Nylea's Forerunner is a lot worse, but I like that it fits the theme of power>toughness. In addition, the triple G in Mammoth's cost can be pretty restrictive. I guess it would still work well, though. Spellbreaker Behemoth is basically just a beefier Prowling Serpopard, so I guess I'll keep it that way. Adding a Behemoth in the future might be a good addition still.
3 months ago
Before I dive into the responses, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to comment.
- Emerald Medallion/Rhonas's Monument - bring in mono green, I have no way to search for these to get them out early and after turn 4 they really become a dead draw. The deck generates an insane amount of mana when I get going for better utility that I can use at any point in the game.
- Nyx Lotus - I hate that it enters tapped. I've been on the fence about it, and if I ever pull one or trade for one, I'll test it. It also runs counterintuitive to Collector Ouphe which I try to keep out as often as possible to hinder my playgroup.
- Bow of Nylea - deathtouch is rarely needed, Ohran Frostfang is ran mostly because of the passive draw ability it has. I am running this in my budget deck though since it doesn't generate mana like this version does. I do plan on testing it in this version eventually for the other abilities though.
- Brawn/Nylea, God of the Hunt/Nylea's Forerunner/Primal Rage/Roughshod Mentor - between kamahl and hoofy, these are unneeded.
- Citanul Hierophants/Cryptolith Rite - I ran hierophants for a long time when I first made the deck and eventually dropped it. Outside of my mana dorks, I dont tap the creatures for mana, so it just became unnecessary.
- Embodiment of Insight - I dont turn my lands into creatures unless absolutely necessary. So this doesn't really help my playstyle.
- Sword of the Animist - it's a great card, I just don't use equipment in this deck. No real reason for it, I dont even run Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves.
- Vivien's Arkbow/Elvish Piper - both on the list to playtest.
- Overwhelming Stampede/Overrun - ran stampede for years in the deck and eventually dropped it for more utility. My commander does overrun at instant speed so I wont waste a slot on the actual overrun card.
- Beastmaster Ascension - haven't really considered it to be honest. I dont need it offensively, but could be useful to help keep my mana dorks alive from mass damage spells. I'll have to play around with it.
- Rogue's Passage - unneeded. When I swing, I get through.
- Reliquary Tower - already in the deck.
- Pir's Whim - I just recently discovered this card for another deck and plan on playtesting it in this deck.
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary - on the maybe list, I'll eventually playtest it.
- Harmonize - I have better draw spells for only 1 additional mana.
Again, thank you for all the suggestions, I greatly appreciate it.
3 months ago
I love this deck though i have to wonder why some cards are not in here if you could find room fair enough or if you though that this doesn't need them again fine. Emerald Medallion and/or Rhonas's Monument for cheaper spells and creatures now I know green can ridiculous amounts of mana so these are not the most important but the monument does give a creature a mini Overrun each time you cast a creature spell. Nyx Lotus which just a second slower Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx for more ramp, Bow of Nylea Which gives the passive ability of Ohran Frostfang as it never hurts to have redundancy a few time to have something to fall back on but also give you these really nice modal options the best for this deck are the add a +1/+1 counter on a creature each turn which helps trample, And the Put up to four target cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your library in any order for reusable cards as I didn't see anything that lets you use the graveyard as a resource and like it been apart of every green deck I seen because of it utility. Things that give creatures trample other than your commander things like Brawn, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Nylea's Forerunner, Primal Rage or Roughshod Mentor things like that. Citanul Hierophants or Cryptolith Rite for more mana. Embodiment of Insight as it such has a high synergy level with your commander. Sword of the Animist for repeatable forest searching which also helps thin your deck so your draw abilites become more useful. Vivien's Arkbow or Elvish Piper for free creatures. Overwhelming Stampede as it has a great synergy with your commander. you mention over Overrun and that would be a great addition to this deck as would Beastmaster Ascension which I always seen as an auto include. May take out a forest for Rogue's Passage as unblockable creatures in decks like this are no joke. I would do the same for a Reliquary Tower for unlimited hand size, mostly for those people that are running forced draw card decks like Nekusar, the Mindrazer or similar decks. I would also run Pir's Whim for a few reason, 1. it give you the ability to search for a non-basic land, 2. it can target more than just one artifact or enchantment (though you don't get to choose) and 3. it a little politics to your deck you can make deals with other players so they can be friends instead of foes until you are ready to deal with them. And finally both Lifecrafter's Bestiary and Harmonize for more draw power
6 months ago
6 months ago
Nylea's Forerunner might be a card you would like to add in the mix some how.. trample is always the perfect way to close out a game quick.. and I would definitely try and make room for craterhoof if you have him, he is a much better version of the end razers. And have you considered Bramble Sovereign?.Cool deck , seems like it would be fun
7 months ago
Suggestions: Buffing green, ramp payoffs, some boardwipes and tokens. -Nylea's Forerunner, +Polukranos, World Eater // -Renata, Called to the Hunt, +Witchstalker // -Tishana's Wayfinder, +Prowling Serpopard // -Vigorspore Wurm, +Gaea's Revenge // -Vorstclaw, +Genesis Hydra // -Hurricane, +Elvish Mystic // -Khalni Heart Expedition, +Utopia Sprawl // -Aerial Assault, +Banishing Light // -Wild Griffin, +Cleansing Nova // -Light of the Legion, +Raise the Alarm // -Cloud Crusader, +Midnight Haunting // -Frilled Mystic, +Hydroid Krasis // -Conclave Cavalier, +Camaraderie // -Sumala Woodshaper, +March of the Multitudes // -Worldsoul Colossus, +Selesnya Charm // -Samut's Sprint, +Sweltering Suns // Lockets out, signets in.
7 months ago
Hello all, I have been playing with the Oko structure deck, that I updated using Affinity For MTG's youtube video, and just bought the Simic Mutology structure deck as well as the Simic Guild Kit, as well as some booster pack cards. I'm trying to combine them into a 75 card deck, with 15 cards I know to take out for 60. Based off the cards in these 3 decks I'd like to build the deck around a constant flow of powerful monsters through the +1/+1 counters, as well as overloading on mana and drawing a lot. Some of the main points of damage right now are Oko who can just turn everything into a base 10/10 and distribute lots of +1/+1s, vorel who can double somethings counters, zegana who gives trample, galloping lizrog which can take all the +1/+1s and double them onto himself, nylea's forerunner for trample, progenitors mimic and miming slime to make clones, and wild born preserver for reach and his +1/+1s. But I also have things like coiling oracle/fathom mage to draw a lot, and gyre sage/maraleaf pixie for tons of mana. So I'd like to just find a good strategy in this mess lol.
The total card list of everything I will have is: (stuff with "x" seems important to me) Creatures: 1 Oko, the Tricksterx, 1 Vorel of the Hull Cladex, 1 Zegana, Utopian Speakerx, 1 Momir Vig, Simic Visionaryx, 2 Cloudfin Raptor, 4 Coiling Oraclex, 1 Cytoplast Root-Kin, 1 Elusive Krasis, 4 Faerie Vandalx, 1 Fathom Magex, 1 Frilled Mysticx, 1 Galloping Lizrogx, 1 Gyre Sagex, 4 Keeper of Fablesx, 3 Maraleaf Pixiex, 1 Nimbus Swimmer, 1 Nylea's Forerunnerx, 3 Paradise Druid, 2 Plaxmantax, 1 Progenitor Mimicx, 1 Protean Hulkx, 3 Spectral Sailorx, 4 Sphinx of Foresight, 2 Surveilling Sprite, 1 Trygon Predator, 2 Vigean Graftmage, 3 Vigean Hydropon, 1 Wildborn Preserverx, 2 Zameck Guildmagex,
Instants: 1 Applied Biomancyx, 1 Disdainful Strokex, 1 Gift of Strengthx, 2 Oko's Hospitalityx, 3 Optx, 1 Prying Eyes, 1 Quenchx, 1 Radical Ideax, 2 Rapid Hybridization, 1 Return of the Wildspeakerx, 1 Voidslime,
Artifacts: 2 Simic Signet,