Animar, Soul of Elements
Legendary Creature — Elemental
Protection from white and from black
Whenever you cast a creature spell, put a +1/+1 counter on Animar, Soul of Elements.
Creature spells you cast cost 1 less to cast for each +1/+1 counter on Animar.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Animar, Soul of Elements Discussion
17 hours ago
My favorite commander to play would have to be Animar, Soul of Elements. He's fun, competitive, and he enables a lot of random little zany combos like Cloudstone Curio + Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre + any other free creature spell. He can also consistently win on turn three if you decide to play Imperial Animar (combo).
20 hours ago
The deck is expensive for me at the moment as it is and to had more non-basic is too much as for Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief She unfortunately did not make the cut due to my play style which if you guess you get a virtual rainbow cake.
The deck I played in those games was Slaughter? I was only brewing
My boyfriend played Daretti, Scrap Combo
Another friend played Bruna, Light of Alabaster deck
So it is getting boring
1 day ago
My playgroup takes the opposite approach, let the meta get completely out of hand with BS like that, then see how it spirals out of control when you pit the craziest strategies against eachother lol. We once had to resolve a stack of over 30 spells and triggers! It was a good time :)
4 days ago
A buyout? I mean, I don't know of any competitive Modern or Legacy decks that utilize Curio. It is a key combo piece in EDH decks, though. I use it in my Animar, Soul of Elements build; quite glad I picked it up for $5.00 a few months ago.
1 week ago
Not bad. There are definitely a few mistakes though. I'll just look at the top tier for now.
Jhoira of the Ghitu Is nowhere close to tier 1. By the time her spells start resolving, the game is already over. She consistently loses to the true top-tier generals (Zur, Narset, Animar, Mimeoplasm, Azami, etc.) The same is true for Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Vendilion Clique, Uril, the Miststalker, Prime Speaker Zegana, Iona, Shield of Emeria, Purphoros, God of the Forge, Sydri, Galvanic Genius and Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur. All of those are solid 2 and 3 tier general,s but none of them can hold their own in a fair fight against true tier 1 generals. Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is borderline. His control-heavy strategy tends to rely too much on alternate win conditions like Felidar Sovereign that are easily overcome by faster decks.
Animar, Soul of Elements is tier 1. Imperial Animar wins consistently by turn five with the potential to win on turn two unless stalled by extreme control.
Riku of Two Reflections also seems to have mistakenly been placed on the wrong tier. His threat spawning ability is absolutely terrifying and can completely overwhelm opponents in 5 turns.
And finally, Momir Vig, Simic Visionary rounds out the commanders that need to be bumped up. His ability allows for absurd tutor and draw effects that can easily allow his deck to combo out turn 4.
Hope these suggestions helped!
1 week ago
1 week ago
Sorry again. :P
2 weeks ago
I have an duel skullbriar deck. It is nice but it won't play very well against control deck or extremely aggro deck. For example: Tasigur, the Golden Fang removes him once with 1 or 2 counters and it will never see the battlefield again. Animar, Soul of Elements will beat skullbriar so fast that you can't even see him coming...aaaand it has pro black.
Skull is nice, but not tier.
|Power / Toughness||1/1|
|Color(s)||Red Blue Green|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|MTG: Commander||Mythic Rare|
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Cloudstone Curio + Cloud of Faeries
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Cloudstone Curio + Peregrine Drake
- Aluren + Animar, Soul of Elements + Man-o'-War
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Forced Adaptation
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Vorel of the Hull Clade
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Palinchron
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Sword of Body and Mind + Sword of Fire and Ice
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Glimpse of Nature
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Bond Beetle
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Palinchron + Phantasmal Image
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Savageborn Hydra
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Cloud of Faeries + Cloudstone Curio
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Cloudstone Curio + Rattleclaw Mystic
- Ancestral Statue + Animar, Soul of Elements
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Cloudstone Curio
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Elemental Bond + Leashling
- Garruk's Packleader + Animar, Soul of Elements + Leashling
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Glitterfang