Animar, Soul of Elements
Legendary Creature — Elemental
Protection from white and from black
Whenever you cast a creature spell, put a +1/+1 counter on Animar, Soul of Elements.
Creature spells you cast cost less to cast for each +1/+1 counter on Animar.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Animar, Soul of Elements Discussion
4 days ago
No problem I just hope I was able to help. Stranglehold really shines when the people you play with shelled out for fetchlands or Vampiric Tutors. If you are saving up for a expensive card to put into this deck I would opt for Sneak Attack over the others since it wins games. You already have plenty of wheels and Gamble is just ok in my mind outside of reanimator.
I will always suggest land disruption and Ruination to red mages because its one of red's strong suits besides chaos, combat mastery, burn, and mana surges like Mana Geyser or Gauntlet of Might. Think about it like this, you are running around in a world filled with The Mimeoplasm, Sen Triplets, and Animar, Soul of Elements while solely playing one of the most underused and underpowered colors in multiplayer magic. Hit the normies with something dirty like MLD or Confusion in the Ranks every now and then to FORCE them to use their Counterspells or just lose. It's why Norin the Wary is actually a good commander sometimes.
If they complain that they can't handle the Land Destruction then they should git gud and stop playing 3 color shenanigans.
I would slot out the Unstable Obelisk for Molten Primordial from a sheer power perspective but that honestly depends on if you need to blow up a Nevermore targeting feldon, a Moat, or a pesky Humility often.
6 days ago
Tier 1 Decklists:
Azami, Lady of Scrolls combo-control. Decklist needed.
Edric, Spymaster of Trest control. Decklist needed.
Scion of the Ur-Dragon combo. Decklist needed.
Note that decks with my name on them are mainly placeholders and will hopefully be replaced by other fully optimized decks with primers down the road.
sirbar on SamCre1993
1 week ago
Umm I don't have much of that really. I have a Ancient Tomb ftv foil. And I have a Kessig Wolf Run foil from innistrad. Besides that I have a border extended Animar, Soul of Elements that was hand painted if you are interested.
1 week ago
OMG! The card is horrible (or great, depending on which side of it you're on) against Animar, Soul of Elements!
2 weeks ago
Unless this is going to be a budget deck I would remove Evolving Wilds it is too slow of a card, and you already have the best fetch lands in the deck.
Big question for you, once Animar, Soul of Elements is on the battlefield how do you plan to protect him from being removed/countered/destroyed/ or what ever may hinder his growth?
2 weeks ago
Maelstrom Wanderer is the NUTS. By far my favorite EDH general, even if he gets a lot of hate from people. There are so many combos you can play with this guy, and there are so many good cards you can also play with this guy. I mean, come on- He can give you twenty-two mana worth of spells. 22! And on top of that, he's surprisingly resilient. You'd think that a deck pretty much built to ramp out a quick turn 3-4 Maelstrom Wanderer would be weak to disruption, but here's the thing: It's very difficult to stop Maelstrom Wanderer from generating value once he comes down. In fact, I'm always glad whenever people kill or bounce Wanderer. I'm like "Thank you very much! I'll be re-casting him soon!"
Not saying that he's T1, though; Animar, Soul of Elements would probably be RUG's T1 general. Other than that, I'd say that the actual "best" deck in EDH would be Grixis Storm. Doesn't really matter who you play as your commander; what matters is that the deck's very powerful and very consistent at killing people quickly.
3 weeks ago
Thank you for your input! I know it's taken some time for me to reply, and I apologize for that. The idea with Intet, the Dreamer as commander is, as stated in the discription, just to open up the temur colors and because of the utility of her triggered ability as it pretty much opens a second hand as long as she remains in play with free spells. I don't really need her in play for the deck to work, however I do believe that she should be in play by turn 4-5, possibly turn 3 if I'm very lucky.
As for the other commanders, Animar, Soul of Elements wouldn't really fit as I don't have that many big creatures to cast in the deck and he's also a bit too expensive for my current budget. Riku of Two Reflections could work, but I don't really like him. That's just my opinion, so you can run with him if you want. He is also very easy to remove, as you hinted yourself, and quite expensive in terms of budget. The only commander that really piqued my interest is Surrak Dragonclaw. Not really because of the trample (don't get me wrong that is quite powerful with all my tokens) but because he makes all creature spells I cast immune to counterspells. And you can use him as a sort of counterspell since he has flash. I am considering him as a potential replacement for Intet, the Dreamer, but I'm not quite sure. :-/
3 weeks ago
I guess for those without Facebook
- Tasigur, the Golden Fang is now banned as a commander only.
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard is now banned as a commander only.
- Gaea's Cradle is now banned.
- Marath, Will of the Wild is added to the watchlist.
- Animar, Soul of Elements is added to the watchlist.
- Narset, Enlightened Master is added to the watchlist.
- Jenara, Asura of War is added to the watchlist.
- Cataclysm is removed from the watchlist.
- The watchlist is made for dangerous cards that could end up being banned (this is a change from previous listing systems, see below).
- Before this update, Cataclysm was on the watchlist.
- Necrotic Ooze and Dig Through Time remain on the watchlist.
"These changes apply on April 8, 2016. Of course, you can still contact us via our Facebook page. The next announcements will be published on July 18, 2016 (applying on July 22, 2016).
Until then, we wish you all many good games!"
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|MTG: Commander||Mythic Rare|
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Sword of Body and Mind + Sword of Fire and Ice
- Ancestral Statue + Animar, Soul of Elements
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Glitterfang
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Glimpse of Nature
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Palinchron + Phantasmal Image
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Bond Beetle
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Palinchron
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Vorel of the Hull Clade
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Cloudstone Curio + Peregrine Drake
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Cloud of Faeries + Cloudstone Curio
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Cloudstone Curio + Rattleclaw Mystic
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Savageborn Hydra
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Cloudstone Curio
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Forced Adaptation
- Aluren + Animar, Soul of Elements + Man-o'-War
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Elemental Bond + Leashling
- Garruk's Packleader + Animar, Soul of Elements + Leashling
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Cloudstone Curio + Cloud of Faeries