|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Memorial to Folly
Memorial to Folly enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add .
, , Sacrifice Memorial to Folly: Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Memorial to Folly Discussion
15 hours ago
I did not know of the Find / Finality thing, I thought you only took two damage. I don’t think Memorial to Folly is bad, it’s probably just as good. I just like Zhalfirin Void because it’s faster. I don’t like Creeping Chill too much, but if you can make it work then that’s good
4 days ago
You can add playsets of Stitcher's Supplier, Glowspore Shaman, Molderhulk, Golgari Raiders, Necrotic Wound and Find / Finality for like 5 bucks total, cutting back on the variance that goes along with all 1 or 2 ofs, Memorial to Folly and more dual lands will help with mana, 23-24 is good if you keep the mana curve on the lower side
6 days ago
I actually liked this deck so much I built it on paper. It runs really well, but there were a few things I was having problems with. You can do what you want with this information, but the deck was piloting a bit more smoothly after I made these changes:
- Find / Finality works well in the deck, but if it's drawn off of Ruin Raider, you take a whopping 8 damage. I actually lost a game that I was in a position to win because of this interaction. It doesn't happen often, but I decided to take the card out of my deck because it wasn't worth the risk. There is enough graveyard manipulation between Gruesome Menagerie, Gravedigger, and The Eldest Reborn to cover bringing back graveyard creatures.
- I found that I had a lot of mana open in some games that went into the later turns. Since the deck had no mana sinks, I decided to switch out two Zhalfirin Voids for two Memorial to Follys. This change was mostly due to personal preference, so if you really like running 4 voids you can disregard this.
- I didn't think about it much at first, but a friend recommended putting some Creeping Chills in the deck. I found that between Seekers' Squire and Stitcher's Supplier, it was pretty easy to consistently dump the card from my library. I would recommend this if you're finding yourself either dying too early or not having enough reach in the deck.
Let me know what you think, I loved playing the deck and I'm looking forward to further input from other players.
1 week ago
I use 4 Opt, 4 Radical Idea for it's Jumpstart ability and instant speed with Psychic Corrosion. If you're going to use Murmuring Mystic you're gonna have flyers, when you have flyers you can use Navigator's Ruin. If you're going to use flyers you can use Siren Stormtamer to protect your creatures and Warkite Marauder equipped with Curious Obsession. Memorial to Folly seems good too if you use it to bring a creature back like Thief of Sanity or the Mystic.
1 week ago
Is it just me or is Oriss, Samite Guardian really channeling tatooine bikini Leia. This might be a long one because there's a few things I wanna say and I have a habit of going into way too much detail.
You have very few ways of digging to a second Oriss. Most of your deck doesn't do anything if you don't have at least 2 of her and the chances of that happening naturally in any given game is around 12% on turn three and only reaches 50/50 by turn 12. The planeswalkers, removal and hand disruption help of course however being able to dig for a second copy would be incredibly valuable. I'm thinking Corpse Churn, Discovery / Dispersal or even Shriekhorn seeing as you have so many ways of getting stuff back.
Activating Oriss won't stop them killing her in response. The vast majority of removal spells in the modern format, especially the most played ones, are all instant speed. Modern decks usually fall into 2 categories : Proactive kill you on turn 4 combo decks and "fair" or "linear" control decks that are usually packed with Fatal Pushs(+fetch lands), multiple Lightning Bolts, Terminates, Path to Exiles and Cryptic Commands so if your planning on letting your opponents draw their entire deck they are going to get out of the lock eventually. My suggestion is Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots or even Gods Willing.
The bit where I suggest random cards. Palace Siege seems insane and tbh you probably want more Liliana, the Necromancer. Codex Shredder is like Shriekhorn except it can be a Time Warp when the lock is partially assembled. Memorial to Folly is a potential alternative to Haunted Fengraf. Dusk / Dawn has potential as both sides can be relevant and you usually want a split on wrath to play around Meddling Mage a.k.a. 1 Damnation, 1 Day of Judgment and 1 Wrath of God instead of 3 Wrath of God.
Anyways sweet deck concept. I think some version of this could be modern viable.
2 weeks ago
Week one of FNM with this deck:
1) People are afraid of Lotleth Giant, but Unmoored Ego removes all of them. It seems due to cards like that, running a 4-set of the giant, spider, etc is not advised b/c any given set can be removed. The deck either needs to get faster or have more threat, or both.
2) I did not have any copies of Duress yet, and this was a bad thing.
4) Hatchery Spider is not as feared by opponents and for good reason - it is expensive and was often sitting in my hand. When I was doing well enough, I had preferred target cards to spend mana on instead. Considering swapping in Izoni, Thousand-Eyed back in for the spiders, as when it pops it is more formidable. It was dropped on a previous iteration due to facing mass removal, but this past week would've worked well against some G/W token plays.
7) The Enchantments all did their jobs as expected.
8) Other than Necrotic Wound, which works great, some flying creatures (e.g. Nical Bolas or midsize drakes) gave some trouble.
In summary, the undergrowth play is strong and the exploring helps a bunch. When the engine RUNS here, this deck keeps pace and has viable balance of threats and removals it would be expected to have, but at present form, it is expensive-weighted and still a tad slow, and lacks some variety in big bomb finishers.
2 weeks ago
Some cheap land upgrades: Tainted Wood and Llanowar Wastes are a great plus here. Tranquil Thicket and Barren Moor are usually better than Memorial to Unity and Memorial to Folly. Blighted Woodland and Golgari Rot Farm help you ramp even further. Jungle Hollow, Golgari Guildgate and Foul Orchard can fix your mana if needed. Bojuka Bog is a staple utility land against graveyard strategies.