|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Memorial to Folly
Memorial to Folly enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add .
, , Sacrifice Memorial to Folly: Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||Dr.Jackel , Lindough , Poptartz95 , frederiklw , Joblaska , failurechild88 , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , Hakira , dizzierabit , Spinalripper , wackozacko , yerfdog1935 , firemind12 , rockleemyhero , bakeraj4 , Justinaut|
|Want (8)||LordTechnusMaster , Doug4130 , Heathm33 , kovellen , king0fclubs , mlouden03 , TiredTofu , Leoinidas19|
Memorial to Folly Discussion
3 days ago
I would think those journeys would be mainboard material as they really give you value from sacking to pull a larger creature out. A Memorial to Folly or two seems to be an auto include here as well. Maybe some Hadana's Climb Flip Vraska's Contempt , Sorcerous Spyglass Unmoored Ego and Dive Down as sideboard tech.
Memorial and the journey to the mainboard, everything else I mentioned is sideboard tech. The spyglass and contempts are for terferi decks, dive down for decks with lots of removal and the climb for if you are having trouble pushing damage through.
1 week ago
First Update: This will officially get the deck back up and running, definitely not done yet but I can say that it is atleast a working product. Let me know what you guy think.
- -1 Opal Palace -> Woodland Cemetery
- -1 Mosswort Bridge -> Memorial to Folly
- -3 Forests -> Ghost Quarter , Evolving Wilds , Botanical Sanctum
- -1 Swamp -> Choked Estuary
- +1 Ravenous Chupacabra
- +1 The Eldest Reborn
- +1 Archetype of Endurance
- +1 Caustic Caterpillar
- +1 Merciless Executioner
- +1 Nihil Spellbomb
- +1 Vessel of Nascency
- +1 Tatyova, Benthic Druid
- +1 Liliana, Death's Majesty
- +1 Emrakul, the Promised End
1 month ago
I diddled around with this deck for a couple of matches with one I am working on and this is what I found.
I like your intentions here. Swing in with big creatures that cant be blocked because of the merfolk. And or hitting with creatures from the yard or some graveyard interactions.
I would chunk these.
- ALL- river heralds boon, dive down,grow from the ashses, Whisper blood litrugist, mulderhulk and possibly golgari raiders. In the games I played those cards felt lack luster.(if you are wanting to keep any of these ID suggest sideboard)
Increase numbers (for consistency) of untamed kavu (really performed well). The merfolk if that is a big part of your gameplan.
Two cards you should definitely be playing is Golgari Findbroker 3x if not a full set. Its amazing to be honest.
And Glowspore Shaman to help get those bodies in the yard and smooth out land draws or pull back the memorial to folly
A nice little annoying loop with the shaman and the findbroker with Memorial to Folly which also fits your theme.
Lastly remember that the gravetide is permanents. So you wont be able to use any spells. Best for creatures and enchantments and if you are having issues with running out of gas that bloodfast would be nice here.
Anyways, Just some suggestions and thoughts.
Ratgut on Rat Attack
1 month ago
Personally I would recommend some variety or options.
There are a lot of decks that can either outgrow or outaggro your deck, or even just shoot every rat down.
Especially after the first 3-4 turns, just playing 1 rat per turn is not going to cut it... if you even draw one.
Maby putting in some card draw, unblockable/shadow/fear or protection for your rats might help imo. But then again, I never played with a similar deck.
Some options in the standard range i could find are: Soul Salvage Retrieving some casualities Memorial to Folly Same, but it doesn't take the place of a rat Zhalfirin Void to make sure you consistently draw a rat Abnormal Endurance protection or some extra punch Cobbled Wings flying Helm of the Host imo is a staple in this deck Not a staple is Sword-Point Diplomacy but personally I would play it.
Hope this helps.
1 month ago
I built a similar deck to this on MTGA. I found that Memorial to Folly partners well with this style deck and makes a lot of sense. You can use Memorial to Folly to keep pulling back out Molderhulk from your graveyard or you can use Memorial to Folly to return almost any creature card from your graveyard so you don't have a wasted turn. Also look at adding in Journey to Eternity Flip. Journey makes a lot of sense as well seeing how you are mainly going to be pulling and playing cards that have gone into your graveyard. For your sideboard, look at adding in Golgari Raiders. Golgari Raider is a great card to have and if you are playing against someone who is using cards with protection from black, this card can help you deal with that. I would remove Status / Statue and Seekers' Squire. Those cards are good but never showed me a good reason to keep them in the deck. I would instead add a full playset of Stitcher's Supplier and another Poison-Tip Archer. Remove a copy of Assassin's Trophy and add one more copy of Find / Finality. The last thing I would do is work on your mana pool. you need to add in some basic land Swamp's, Remove Overgrown Tomb because having just one copy doesn't make a lot of sense, and if you can afford it remove Golgari Guildgate and add in a full playset of Woodland Cemetery.
2 months ago
I did not know of the Find / Finality thing, I thought you only took two damage. I don’t think Memorial to Folly is bad, it’s probably just as good. I just like Zhalfirin Void because it’s faster. I don’t like Creeping Chill too much, but if you can make it work then that’s good
2 months ago
You can add playsets of Stitcher's Supplier, Glowspore Shaman, Molderhulk, Golgari Raiders, Necrotic Wound and Find / Finality for like 5 bucks total, cutting back on the variance that goes along with all 1 or 2 ofs, Memorial to Folly and more dual lands will help with mana, 23-24 is good if you keep the mana curve on the lower side
2 months ago
I actually liked this deck so much I built it on paper. It runs really well, but there were a few things I was having problems with. You can do what you want with this information, but the deck was piloting a bit more smoothly after I made these changes:
- Find / Finality works well in the deck, but if it's drawn off of Ruin Raider, you take a whopping 8 damage. I actually lost a game that I was in a position to win because of this interaction. It doesn't happen often, but I decided to take the card out of my deck because it wasn't worth the risk. There is enough graveyard manipulation between Gruesome Menagerie, Gravedigger, and The Eldest Reborn to cover bringing back graveyard creatures.
- I found that I had a lot of mana open in some games that went into the later turns. Since the deck had no mana sinks, I decided to switch out two Zhalfirin Voids for two Memorial to Follys. This change was mostly due to personal preference, so if you really like running 4 voids you can disregard this.
- I didn't think about it much at first, but a friend recommended putting some Creeping Chills in the deck. I found that between Seekers' Squire and Stitcher's Supplier, it was pretty easy to consistently dump the card from my library. I would recommend this if you're finding yourself either dying too early or not having enough reach in the deck.
Let me know what you think, I loved playing the deck and I'm looking forward to further input from other players.