|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Whenever a player plays a spell, that player returns a land he or she controls to its owner's hand.
Mana Breach Discussion
2 weeks ago
multimedia honestly, for mana disruption, I'd go for Mana Vortex , the Bitterblossom / Contamination line, or even Desolation on a budget before Overburden or Mana Breach , otherwise, I'd also recommend Necromancy for reanimation, having 'flash' is pretty good, even if you sacrifice it.
2 weeks ago
You don't have to go overboard on the Voltron strategy if you don't want to, you could instead play a simple, but effective 4-5 auras to enchant Zur:
- Empyrial Armor : win condition with Necropotence and/or no max hand size ( Reliquary Tower , Thought Vessel ) and/or other auras.
- Diplomatic Immunity : protect Zur.
- Steel of the Godhead
- Daybreak Coronet : vigilance is helpful.
- Ethereal Armor
Zur's ability to get and choose from lots of enchantments is great for a control toolbox:
Protection for you - Solitary Confinement : powerful with Necropotence; it makes sure you have cards in your hand to discard to keep the protection. Yes, any card you discard to keep Confinement will be exiled, but that's fine when you have tons of cards in your hand to choose from.
Protection for Zur - Diplomatic Immunity : when you get an aura with Zur it enters the battlefield without being cast therefore it doesn't target. Even if a creature has shroud you can enchant that creature with that aura. Shielded by Faith , Kaya's Ghostform
Graveyard hate - Rest in Peace
Land disruption - Back to Basics : powerful land disruption if you build your manabase around basic lands. Signets and Talismans can really help if going the basic land route. Mana Breach , Overburden
Reanimation - Animate Dead
1 month ago
Hey man, after some playtesting against high power decks this deck is a blast to play, a small lovely toolbox. Out of 6 games I got 2 Food Chain wins, one Flash win and one Scapeshift Valakut win (fck you ad nauseam). I dont know but i felt like Retreat to Coralhelm is not really worth it.. While Mana Breach + Tatyova, Benthic Druid was a huge value engine every other piece felt a bit dead. Having Flash and FC in one deck makes the mind games really fun; i played a endstep flash getting 2 counter out of there hand just to play FC + Pact in my Main and win ._.
Do you have as much fun as me? Hope you enjoy it :)
ps. sorry for the bad english i am in a hurry with my phone and it wanna correct everything back to german..
1 month ago
Yarok triggers on ETBs. Burgeoning unfortunately triggers on lands being played which is a different event than entering the battlefield. That said, it's still super broken with Overburden or Mana Breach in play.
1 month ago
Some of my favorite Esper taxes:
- Mana Breach
- Mana Maze
- Season of the Witch
- War Tax
- Web of Inertia
2 months ago
Thank you so much Skinken for bringing Savor the Moment to my attention. I didn't know that card existed. This deck hungers for giving it's creatures haste when it goes off. I had tested out Concordant Crossroads in the past and never was fully happy with it. I have ordered a Savor the Moment and it will be going in the deck as soon as it arrives. At worse Savor the Moment is a blue 3 CMC Explore and at best it wins you the game.
Believe it or not, but you are not the first to suggest cutting Planar Portal for Planar Bridge . I would be inclined to agree with you if I wasn't running Seedborn Muse , Alchemist's Refuge , and Leyline of Anticipation . This deck plays more like a combo deck then your normal Simic big creature Timmy deck. Being able to fetch any response to any situation on your opponent's turn is a dream come true. If they don't force you to answer something you can fetch a combo piece and play it. Now you might think getting Planar Portal , Seedborn Muse , and Alchemist's Refuge / Leyline of Anticipation into play at the same time might be a bit challenging. However thanks to Genesis Wave this is not as hard as you think. As long as you hit Planar Portal and one other piece Genesis Wave typically gives you enough lands to fetch and play the last part of the combo. Planar Portal has won me enough games for me to never consider cutting it. The card just has way too much flexibility.
Yes Disallow is better than Voidslime . Thing is I own a Voidslime and don't own a Disallow however I have never found the mana cost to be preventive of me casting Voidslime ... Also I like the art and flavor of Voidslime better (call it personal tastes)...
I have tested out Storm Cauldron in this deck granted it was when this deck was not as good as it is now. However even in this deck it is very hard to play around it. To me Mana Breach is the perfect balance of slowing opponents down and helping me hit landfall triggers.
It is possible to get infinite mana in this deck but I have never had it happen. Stroke of Genius and Blue Sun's Zenith are much better suited to decks where the main goal is to achieve infinite mana and in my opinion they aren't that helpful to this deck.
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my deck and give your recommendations. You are truly a godsend for suggesting Savor the Moment .
4 months ago
Hey, looks good, but consider adding more hate?
Cards to consider adding:
- Adarkar Wastes
- Seachrome Coast
- Mana Confluence
- City of Brass
- Reflecting Pool
- Aven Mindcensor : flash, makes your opponent's tutors less effective, even Fetch lands.
- Containment Priest : flash, low mana cost reanimation is one way to get around the hate, this stops it.
- Fatespinner : making your opponents choose which step they want to play for the turn is pretty good for you.
- Luminarch Ascension : excellent win condition when your opponents are locked down and in multiplayer Commander it gets four counters fast. Two mana to cast and to repeatedly make 4/4 Angels is great when lands are being disrupted. Works well with Mana Breach because you aren't casting a card to make an Angel. Cursed Totem because Ascension is not a creature and Fatespinner because if your opponents are having to choose which step they get to use then combat is most likely the step they will choose to skip.
- Mana Breach
- Cursed Totem
- Aura of Silence
- Dramatic Reversal : combos with Isochron Scepter and mana rocks for infinite mana. Use the combo with Sphinx's Revelation.
- Pact of Negation
- Swords to Plowshares
- Talisman of Progress
To make your deck more competitive consider cutting these cards:
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Evolving Wilds
- Flood Plain
- Port Town
- Prairie Stream
- Emergency Powers
- Planar Bridge
- Fall of the Thran
- Thought Lash
- Estrid's Invocation
- Mind's Dilation
- Thaumatic Compass
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Burnished Hart
- Cataclysmic Gearhulk
- Spelltithe Enforcer
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope
4 months ago
Hey, $200 is still budget :) Some Commander decks are thousands of dollars.
For the manabase I think there's too many Islands. You want a lot more green than blue because green cards (land ramp spells) are more important to be able to cast in the early game and they can search for a blue source. Tatyova and the landfall strategy requires a lot of lands; don't be bashful in the amount you play, more the better in my opinion. To be useful cards like Burgeoning, Cobra, the Scouts, Gardener, Ranger and Atlas need a lot of lands. Khalni Garden is not worth what it does because it ETB tapped. Consider cutting it for another Forest?
You have a Breeding Pool which is great, consider Nature's Lore ? This two drop land ramp spell lets you search for and put Pool onto the battlefield. Kodama's Reach is another Cultivate. Consider Sylvan Scrying and Crop Rotation ? These cards aren't land ramp, instead they can tutor for Reliquary Tower or a Fetch land and these are pretty important lands to have on the battlefield with Tatyova.
There's no creature tutors here and that could a problem if you get overwhelmed with land support cards and not something bigger to take advantage. Consider Fierce Empath and Fauna Shaman ? Empath can tutor for a big finisher landfall creature such as Avenger or Rampaging. Fauna can be a repeatable creature tutor by discarding a dork to then tutor for any other creature. She can tutor for a big creature or a support creature like Excavator, Witness, etc. Helpful to have when you can't play a lot of expensive price creature tutors.
Budget cards ($4 or less each) to consider adding:
- Nature's Lore
- Kodama's Reach
- Crop Rotation
- Fierce Empath
- Fauna Shaman
- Nissa, Vital Force : her ultimate can happen fast and it's a source of draw playing lands that your opponents can't stop (emblem).
- World Breaker : supercharged Acidic Slime who you can recur.
- Scavenging Ooze : repeatable graveyard hate is very helpful in multiplayer Commander.
- Mana Breach : good with Tatyova/landfall, disrupts your opponents much more than you.
- Arcane Denial : sometimes you need a two drop counterspell and Denial is only one blue mana hard counter.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best sources of repeatable no mana cost draw in multiplayer Commander. It can help to fill your hand with lands to play and all the lands helps to keep it on the battlefield longer.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Animist's Awakening: already playing Genesis Wave and Wave is a much better card.
- Broken Bond
- Khalni Heart Expedition: a fine card, but a one shot effect, there's better repeatable options.
- Tishana, Voice of Thunder: this kind of draw is fine, but you don't really need it.
- Undergrowth Champion
- Skyshroud Ranger: can only use her ability at sorcery speed, makes her the least good creature with this effect.
- Rites of Flourishing: helps your opponents too much especially control players.
- Urban Evolution
- Zendikar's Roil
- Nissa, Steward of Elements: her -6 is powerful, but I think overall Vital Force gives you more.
Good luck with your deck.
Mana Breach occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%