Path of Discovery
|Have (2)||Bluboltar , metalmagic|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Path of Discovery occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Path of Discovery Discussion
2 days ago
Looks neat. You might like these: Sword of the Paruns, Illusionist's Bracers (when equipped to Seton, all your druids will tap for 2 green), The Great Henge, Elvish Spirit Guide, Lotus Petal, Temur Sabertooth, Earthshaker Giant, Jolrael, Mwonvuli Recluse, Path of Discovery, Paradise Druid, Argothian Elder, Elvish Rejuvenator, Hidden Herbalists (seems good with Curio), Quirion Sentinel, Nylea, Keen-Eyed, Llanowar Visionary
2 weeks ago
Coward_Token: I'm slowly making the deck more creature heavy, so I might exchange the two of them later on!
zulado: I used to have Drownyard Temple in the deck but the cost felt like it was too much each time, and there's little space for colorless utility lands so I'd rather have other card take the sacrificial role for Vaevictis. There's too little benefit from trample with Dragon Fangs, while haste is a huge benefit from Dragon Breath. Thanks for the suggestions though!
VorelNailo: Splendid Reclamation along with Life from the Loam would be the first cards I'd put in if I ever scrapped my "only permanents" restriction! The other cards fits well with a creature token strategy, which this deck doesn't have. Though I'd like to put in more non-creature token generators because Oath of Druids is a pet card of mine and having it putting out heavy threats is awesome.
king-saproling: Used to have Herald of Leshrac but it felt too slow for its mana cost. Mimic Vat looks like a much better fit now compared to last time I considered it! Path of Discovery and Titania, Protector of Argoth are good additions but I'm very unsure on what to take out for them. Replaced Sneak Attack with Purphoros, Bronze-Blooded to power down the deck, but if I get my hands on a Sneak Attack I'll put it in! Not a fan of the one time use Generator Servant, I'd rather have repeatable haste enablers and mana rocks, and I'm trying to lower the number of small creatures for Oath of Druids to accidentally hit.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Easiest way to find out is play it a dozen times. That's a couple more lands than I personally like running. I would drop 5 forests and put in Path of Discovery maybe? Simic Growth Chamber, Gruul Turf and Izzet Boilerworks all let you pop a land back to your hand to play for another landfall trigger. Just for fun something like Boundless Realms, Collective Voyage or New Frontiers so you can have one round with a ton of landfall triggers.
1 month ago
Thanks for your suggestions!
There's a strict $50 dollar limit on this deck, so Sram, Senior Edificer is a hard sell being off theme and all. A similar fate befell Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip. I like Intrepid Hero and True Conviction, they are both great cards that are on theme. I considered them but they didn't end up making the cut. I may be able to make room for them by removing some of the cards with the explore mechanic like Path of Discovery, that don't have as much synergy with landfall as I previously thought.
1 month ago
Hair-Strung Koto = Mill Infitito
3 months ago
Nice deck! I think the hideaway lands could work well here, especially Windbrisk Heights. Other land options that might help are Gavony Township, Kessig Wolf Run, Ancient Ziggurat, and Thran Quarry. Some other synergistic cards that come to mind are Aid from the Cowl, Rhythm of the Wild, Keeper of Fables, Temur Sabertooth, Bear Umbra, Path of Discovery, and Champion of Lambholt. Triumph of the Hordes and Gratuitous Violence could be a wincon. As for good counterspell options, I'd recommend Avoid Fate and Rebuff the Wicked. You could also always just go with Price of Glory.
3 months ago
Cards also worth considering:
- Impact Tremors - Ping everybody whenever you make a snake
- Stoneforge Masterwork - More snakes -> More power on commander -> More snakes
- Coat of Arms - Make your snakes HUGE
- Altar of Dementia - Turn creatures into mill
- Parallel Lives - Double snake production
- Mana Echoes - Expensive, but makes insane amounts of mana when you make a bunch of snakes
- Opposition - Tap snakes to tap basically anything you don't like
- Vicious Shadows - Tokens DO go to the graveyard when they die, so every snake you lose burns an opponent's life hard
- Path of Discovery - Making a snake lets you explore
- Seshiro the Anointed - Pump your snakes and draw a card whenever they deal damage
- Kaseto, Orochi Archmage - Pay simic to pump your commander and make it unblockable this turn
- Eldrazi Monument - As long as you keep making snakes, your creatures are all indestructible, and as a bonus, flying
- Rancor - Commander has trample and +2 power, and the aura goes back to your hand whenever it dies
- Ring of Kalonia - Commander gets trample, and a +1/+1 counter each turn
- Ring of Evos Isle - Commander gets hexproof at instant speed for 2 mana, and a +1/+1 counter each turn
- Loxodon Warhammer - Commander gets +3 power, trample, and lifelink
- Fireshrieker - Double strike protects commander from blockers (first strike damage) and potentially doubles the amount of card draw, and thus, number of snakes produced
- Thassa's Oracle, Laboratory Maniac, and/or Jace, Wielder of Mysteries - You draw a lot of cards, so you may end up decking yourself. Best to win if that happens rather than lose
You by no means need to add any of these cards to the deck, they're just cards I think you might want to look at.