Path of Discovery
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Path of Discovery Discussion
17 hours ago
Oh my gosh! You made my favorite Ixalan draft archetype (and the only one I ever took down FNM with) into a standard deck! I did make it in standard for a bit, except it was ultra-budget. From my little experience of playing, I think I have a few suggestions.
Path of Discovery: I sort of one the game with this card and Wildgrowth Walker/Lurking Chupacabra. It combos off insanely with those cards. Although, this may screw up the curve, so don't rely on this working.
Also, I don't think Tomb Robber is very good, as you don't get any card draw effects in Golgari. I hope I was useful!
2 days ago
Doesn't really look too bad for me.
You can get some ideas from this deck Jimmy's Kumena l Game Knights #14, it looked cool in the game they reccorded. Stuff like:
Path of Discovery
Maybe some recursion like Seasons Past, Creeping Renaissance or the staple Eternal Witness.
Or some more card draw Mask of Memory, Shamanic Revelation or Pull from Tomorrow.
Maybe you need some more removal Reality Shift, Snakeform, Imprisoned in the Moon, Song of the Dryads, Pongify.
A card to make your opponents crap their pants Quietus Spike, perfect with an unblockable commander.
It just depends on your meta, what you lack during your games.
JuQ on Omnath EDH
2 days ago
You can make a card appear in different categories by putting two tags on the same line this way:
1x Birds of Paradise #Flyers #Ramp
Avoid Fate is a charming card but at the end of the day any other instant that gives Hexproof or Shroud is better because will also work against sorceries and abilities. My favorites: Sylvan Safekeeper, Blossoming Defense, Heroic Intervention and Vines of Vastwood. On the other hand Sheltering Word may be good in your deck with huge creatures.
Vorrac Battlehorns do you really want that bad to be blocked by only one creature? I consider an upgrade to it Loxodon Warhammer, O-Naginata, Horned Helm (instant attaching, yay!) or Chariot of Victory
Homeward Path is another staple, you dont want your guys controlled or reanimated.
Sprouting Phytohydra is another creature I like but you don't seem to be able to capitalize on it in your deck. You already have many big guys on the ground to block whatever they send you. I know it's a deck of hydras but this guy underperforms.
Don't flyers give you a hard time? In my meta I would be kill with flyers with this deck almost every time. With all your mana production Silklash Spider is an auto include, Whirlwind is more efficient but one use only, World Breaker is a decent body with reach with built in disruption and recursion, you may also want to include a single Wastes so you can ramp it if you happen to need the diamond mana, but you dont seem to run land ramp. Speaking about land ramp, do you know Traverse the Outlands?
Tutors are awesome but there is a thing such as too many tutors. The only really crucial creatures to tutor into the Battlefield from the Library are Vorinclex and the Ulvenwald Hydra. Hydras dont like to be cheated into the battlefield because most of them have X in their cost and when you cheat them to the battlefield they enter as 0/0 and die. Therefore, a tribal tutor such as Kindred Summons works poorly with this tribe. If you check a top mono green commander deck such as Daruid: Seton-Storm you will see he only runs like 8 tutors and that's a pure mana production deck, all his druids tap for at leas one green mana because of his commander..Id try to go for more card draw and recursion instead. Seasons Past is quite nice.
4 days ago
What about Path of Discovery? A good enchantment that can help you make all your creatures bigger and better! Thanks for your time in considering my suggestion!
6 days ago
So I have some questions about these, and/or I think you should cut them:
- Gaddock Teeg: 75% of your creatures are 4 or above cmc that seems contradictive.
- Dusk//Dawn: Again your creatures are pretty high CMC Dawn does nothing for you, and Dusk kills most of YOUR creatures. I suggest Austere Command as a much better alternative.
- Sword Of Kaldra: Just why? You aren't building tron, and you have none of the other Kaldra equipment.
- Birthing Pod: You have to build specifically around birthing pod to make it effective, and your CMC curve on creatures is anything but; in this deck it just feels like a waste of a slot.
- Furnace Of Wrath: It can hurt you WAY too much, it's too risky personally.
- Assemble The Legion: again I dont' get it, you aren't really a token deck. For this to be effective you'd need Parallel Live, Annointed Procession, and Primal Vigor to maximize the potential.
- Vicious Shadows: This is just a bad Stalking Vengeance so why not just play it?
- Fight to the death: I just don't see this as a good card at all, I'd prefer to see a Deflecting Palm here, same cost just a better card.
- Grazing Gladehart: Lifegain isn't in your gameplan especially with Sulfuric Vortex in the deck
You should consider adding:
- Warstorm Surge: it's a great source of damage and just does more the later the game goes with Marath getting bigger on each cast.
- Vigor: is phenomenal in this deck or any other really.
- Angrath's Marauders: great alternative to Furnace
- Path of Discovery: It's card advantage, ramp, and counters all in one.
- Rishkar's Expertise: huge draw spell and most likely a free spell, pays for itself.
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar: All about the +1/+1 counter bro!
- Craterhoof Behemoth: it's just an alternate win con.
- Forgotten Ancient: Great to transfer off counters to Marath AND becomes MASSIVE late game.
- Lurking Predators: this card is massive and honestly just ends games.
6 days ago
You missing Path of Discovery, it's too good to not add trust me.
Feel free to check out mine, when it starts rolling the amount of token, life gain and the size of your Walkers is ridicolous: Golgari Explorers
1 week ago
Daedalus19876 - Ive been tinkering with my hapatra deck lately and Throne of the God-Pharaoh has been insane. I played recently and an opponent who was playing edgar cast a Blind Obedience which just won me the game once I started making tokens. With that in mind, i started thinking Earthcraft would be great in this deck combined w/ Throne of the God-Pharaoh. Not only is is crazy ramp when you have a good amount of snakes out its a better Cryptolith Rite since it gets around summoning sickness. have you tried earthcraft? i will be testing it before spending the $30 pricetag.
I've also played other games against opposing token decks and I've realized that the more creatures on the field the better when you cast mass -1/-1 counter spells such as Black Sun's Zenith or Soul Snuffers. It just gives you so many tokens, so the more creatures on the field the better. And forget about it if you have Flourishing Defenses or Nest of Scarabs on the field; the triggers get out of control. With this in mind I think that Sylvan Offering can be a great card for hapatra and with the large amount of mana we can get from earthcraft, cryptolith rite, a flipped growing rites, or even ashnods altar it could be huge.heres a link to my deck:
Hapatra - Sneks n countersI am also testing Gruesome Fate, Grasping Dunes, Ifnir Deadlands, and Path of Discovery.I think Path of Discovery could be really great in this deck and I switched out Fecundity for it recently but haven't been able to test it. I would love to hear your thoughts about these cards!
1 week ago
I have found a great interaction with Aluren & Vizier of the Menagerie it allows you to play creatures of 3 cmc or less from your deck without paying mana cost, sure Vizier doesn't trigger Ezuri but i think it's good enough of an effect.
I'm going to test Path of Discovery, It looks promising.
Herald of Secret Streams, close to a must have.
Cephalid Constable this thing is evil when it connect
Walking Ballista , Thrasios, Triton Hero , Duskwatch Recruiter Flip good target with the enormous quantity of mana produceable with or without combo,like Crystalline Crawler , Gyre Sage and Duskwatch Recruiter Flip.