, Sacrifice a creature: Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card. Put that card into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
|Have (3)||, metalmagic , sonnet666|
Printings View all
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Evolutionary Leap occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
Evolutionary Leap Discussion
2 weeks ago
I also have an Omnath deck and I love seeing how other people build their version (and wish I could invest in the more expensive cards). It might be due to what decks your playgroup uses, but I’ve always found Nissa, Vital Force, Tempt with Vengeance, and Purphoros, God of the Forge to be super useful, and also run more sac outlets for all the Elemental tokens (Goblin Bombardment, Altar of Dementia, Evolutionary Leap)
2 weeks ago
Thank you for your suggestions ZendikariWol I am amazed I forgot about Sol Ring and the signets, they have definitely been added. Also your suggestion for sac outlets was great, I added Birthing Pod and Evolutionary Leap. And Hull Breach + Farseek added. Thank you once again, very helpful.
4 weeks ago
It looks like you're running Nath just to access black and incidentally make elf tokens? Just wanted to check before making too many suggestions! I am also going to keep it budget-friendly ($3 or less), but you can let me know if you want some less budget ideas!
Both of your colors are really good at card draw, so we can definitely find some options. Since you have a lot of creatures, Shamanic Revelation is a mass-draw favorite. If you want to sacrifice your creatures at all, Evolutionary Leap can turn your elf tokens into real creature cards. Pair it with Moldervine Reclamation for some real draw power! Since you have a lot of bodies in your deck, God-Eternal Bontu can help you draw a ton of cards too. As can Underworld Connections, espeically with your elves that untap lands!
If you're playing black, I feel I would be remiss not to encourage you to run more removal. It's the color's greatest strength, and something green is not great at. Putrefy, Golgari Charm (which can save you from a board clear too!), Casualties of War, Eat to Extinction, even just simple Murder can save you in a pinch.
One final thing to mention is overrun effects...this is green's trademark win condition, and usually how Elves does it's thing. You make more creatures than your opponent, and then make them huge and swing! Overrun, Return of the Wildspeaker, and Overwhelming Stampede can really get an opponent who thinks they're safe from your little creatures.
1 month ago
Here are some more! I promise this is the last of them haha: Helm of the Host, Illusionist's Bracers, Skullclamp, Mentor of the Meek, Shamanic Revelation, Camaraderie, Keeper of Fables, Ohran Frostfang, Seance, Adorned Pouncer, Angel of Sanctions, Anointer Priest, Herald of the Host, Perilous Forays, Settle the Wreckage, Evolutionary Leap
1 month ago
Looks good to me. It's hard to go wrong with Ghave haha. These might interest you: Pitiless Plunderer, Black Market, Cathars' Crusade, Ivy Lane Denizen, Corpsejack Menace, Evolutionary Leap, Fanatical Devotion, Cryptolith Rite, Song of Freyalise, Settle the Wreckage (turn those saprolings into lands!), Requiem Angel, Elenda, the Dusk Rose, Champion of Stray Souls, Suture Priest, Perilous Forays
1 month ago
Very nice for a first deck and especially given the tight budget! You might like Nephalia Smuggler and Synod Sanctum since they let you keep the creatures you steal. Also if you find you need more sac outlets, Shivan Harvest , Carnage Altar , and Evolutionary Leap are decent.
1 month ago
Some things here are in and out for testing. Overall I am very much enjoying the deck, and working on acquiring the cards in the art that I like a little at a time. I'll go over the latest testing/impressions below.
- Evolutionary Leap : I have replaced Leap with Vraska, Golgari Queen . I got tired of bottoming things like Dictate of Erebos or any of the other 34 non-creature cards. My creatures are all powerful, granted, but passing over my key enchantments is very much a no-go. I have yet to play her, but I am hopeful.
- Xenagos, the Reveler : absolutely earned his place. The rate with which he lets me turn land-light board states into multi-action haymakers is unreal.
- Mana base: I'm trying to rework this again, I find it incredibly painful and while that is largely OK for the 1v1s that I commonly run, I'm not sure if that's ideal for the true multiplayer environment. I have added Yavimaya Hollow for the regen effect, and still want to find a home for Phyrexian Tower . My priority is still ETB untapped lands, so it will probably remain painful. Just want to go over it again, is all. Probably adding all of the applicable fetches and shocks, and then basics instead of the odd check lands? Not sure yet. I know the quantity is right, though.
- The Death Priest is bonkers. I already had him in the win-con field but twice he came out in testing yesterday and was absolutely nuts. Its even better with Reyhan out, of course, but even on his own he ramps up any sac outlets really, really fast.
- The deck doesn't feel like it has a nut-draw, exactly. It can come from so many different angles, and can function on hands that are literally all lands, thanks to my 2-card hand in the command zone. I've had games that were straight aggro, drawing nothing but beating down with Reyhan and Tana until I did draw into something good. I tend to prefer the non-combat win-cons, as its super annoying to stack up a dude and get your creatures tapped down or bounced. Purph and a big Tana is my single favorite win-con if I have to do it via combat damage.
- My curve feels pretty nice. Yeah, sometimes I draw all my 6-drops but most of the time I don't have a problem with curving out into something unmanageable.
I'm getting to the point where I'm seeing fewer things that need to come in and out for testing, and I think its largely going to be waiting on new sets to really drop bombs if I don't take the deck a different direction, which I don't think I want to. I really like its toolbox. Wouldn't mind a proper tutor instead of Diabolic Intent , but I don't want to be more oppressive than this can already be and that is on flavor and synergistic with the rest of the deck.
1 month ago
Aye this is a solid meren deck. here is mine to help ya with some ideas https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/graveyard-queen-meren-of-clan-nel-toth/
So I've been playing meren for almost 5 years now so I got some fun ideas to help ya out. So first i recommend some more sac outlets. Building your exp counters can be very useful and a lot of sac outlets can get you a lot of nice stuff. Viscera Seer and Carrion Feeder are solid 1 drop sac outlets. Evolutionary Leap is a decent 2 drop sac outlet that lets you draw cards. Sadistic Hypnotist is expensive mana wise but is a nice way to hurt your opponents.
some of the best creatures for meren are creatures that want to die. Mindslicer is an amazing one because it puts everybody back except for you. you dont care if your hand gets discarded because you can use them still. Plaguecrafter , Fleshbag Marauder , and Merciless Executioner is really good trio. I like to use only 2 of them. Sidisi, Undead Vizier is a really good one as well because its a reusable tutor. You make it kill itself and just keep bringing it back to just get the best cards in your deck to help ya win.
Solid etb triggers are also really useful. Terastodon is one of my favorite etb because if you fine tune the deck you can bring a terastodon around turn 3 to turn 5 and just make a person concede. its a very brutal etb trigger. Fierce Empath and Woodland Bellower are also really nice because they can tutor for each other or tutor for some of your best creatures.
If ya got any questions about certain suggestions or about why I use certain cards or why I dont use certain cards feel free to ask. I am always down to help fellow meren decks out.