|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Jace, the Living Guildpact
Planeswalker — Jace
+1: Look at the top two cards of your library. Put one of them into your graveyard.
-3: Return another target nonland permanent to its owner's hand.
-8: Each player shuffles his or her hand and graveyard into his or her library. You draw seven cards.
Latest as Commander
Jace, the Living Guildpact Discussion
1 month ago
A few I haven't seen yet:
- Time Reversal (pretty sure at least one of those is a moon)
- Opportunity (7th)
- Dreamborn Muse (Legions, 10th, Commander)
- Higure, the Still Wind (Betrayers, Planechase)
- All Sun's Zenith cards (Mirrodin Besieged)
- Etched Champion (Scars)
- Strionic Resonator (very debatable) (M14, Commander 2019)
- Gustha's Scepter (Alliances)
- Solarion (Fifth Dawn)
- Precursor Golem (Scars)
- Flying Carpet (Revised, Arabian Nights, 4t, 5th, 6th) (on the minaret)
- Oblivion Stone (Mirrodin, Commander)
- Doomsday (arguable) (Masters 25)
- Mortivore (9th, 10th, Odyssey, Commander)
- Ihsan's Shade (Masters 25)
- Dralnu's Pet (Planeshift)
- Ribbons of the Reikai (Betrayers)
- Somnophore (arguable) (Urza's Saga)
- Jace, the Living Guildpact (2015 Core Set)
- Elvish Ranger (Alliances)
- Descendants' Path (Avacyn)
- Burn at the Stake (Avacyn)
- Chaos Imps (Return to Ravnica)
- Enlightened Tutor (right cheek tattoo) (Mirage, 6th)
- Mother of Runes (in the hieroglyphics, top left) (Eternal Masters)
- Nevermore (Innistrad)
- Bottle of Suleiman (Arabian Nights)
- Silent-Blade Oni (Planechase, Commander 2018)
- Angel of Despair (Guildpact, Commander, Ultimate Masters)
- Glacial Fortress (Magic 2010-2013)
- Darkslick Shores (Scars)
- Plateau (arguable) (Alpha-Revised)
- Caged Sun (New Phyrexia, Commander 2014)
- Berserk (on the belt) (arguable) (All editions but A/B/U)
- Brutalizer Exarch (New Phyrexia, Planechase)
- Lotus Cobra (Zendikar, Iconic Masters)
- Homeward Path (Commander, Commander 2013, Commander 2016)
- Lake of the Dead (arguable) (Alliances)
- Tribute to the Wild (Commander, Commander 2015)
- Serene Heart (Mirage)
- Tranquil Domain (arguable) (Mirage)
- Guard Gomazoa (Rise of the Eldrazi, Commander)
- High Tide (Fallen Empires variant 2)
- Ray of Command (Mirage, Commander)
- Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon (arguable) (Scars)
- Thrummingbird (Scars)
- Hand of the Praetors (Scars)
- Sword of Light and Shadow (Modern Masters)
- Sword of Body and Mind (Scars, FTV: Relics)
- Sword of Feast and Famine (Mirrodin Beseiged)
- Sword of War and Peace (New Phyrexia)
- Mana-Charged Dragon (Commander)
- Crucible of Worlds (Fifth Dawn, 10th Ed, Core 2019)
Couple tips when looking for moons: Both actual moons and moon symbols count, so keep an eye out for moons on things like books, texts, and manufactured things in the art. There is no limit on how small they can be, though it's obvious it has to be large enough to make out. Some cards have very small, very sneaky moons hidden in them this way.
2 months ago
Love the Deck, here are some fun and cheap suggestions that may help you out!
Wall of Denial / Vapor Snag / Celestial Flare / Elite Arcanist / Righteousness / Spell Snare / Godhead of Awe / Silence / Detention Sphere / Journey to Nowhere / Preordain / Jace, the Living Guildpact / Deputy of Detention / Invocation of Saint Traft / Unsettled Mariner / Oblivion Ring /
These are all great budget options that can replace a lot of your cards that already do the same, but for a higher cost. these kind of decks its vital to stall till you can drop bombs for a win. Good looking deck, hope it helps!
5 months ago
Vraska the Unseen doet te weinig als ze het board raakt. Het enige wat ze kan doen is een creature slopen. In multiplayer is dat misschien niet genoeg.
Liliana, Death Wielder is begrijpelijk met proliferate. Alleen heb je niet genoeg om het leuk te maken. En als je geluk hebt met genoeg proliferate dan heb je waarschijnlijk liever een andere planeswalker
Kiora, the Crashing Wave +1 is niet genoeg om je planeswalker te beschermen. De -1 is 'leuk'. Maar is 4 mana voor de draw het waard?
Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage is begrijpelijk maar het geeft je tegenstander de keus. Daardoor wordt het ene stuk minder. De passive is niet genoeg om de kaart te beschermen of je tegenstander tegen te houden.
En ik zou de instanst eruit halen en dan als er ruimte is dan boardwipes erin te doen.
8 months ago
I thought about Leveler and Laboratory Maniac but with Jace, the Living Guildpact for a deck reset as well as Revive I was hoping there would be enough control to not worry about completely milling myself. But Laboratory Maniac is still in the picture; worry not :)
8 months ago
Yesterday, I got Tamiyo, the Moon Sage to ultimate with Deepglow Skate . By the end of the game, Tamiyo, the Moon Sage had 2054 loyalty and Aminatou had over 500. I was able to abuse that Bubbling Season combo, flickering Deepglow Skate with Aminatou, the Fateshifter and ultimating planeswalkers Ob Nixilis Reignited twice and Ajani Steadfast once as well. Deepglow Skate also proved to be insane with Parallax Wave . Last week, I used Deepglow Skate to ultimate the often otherwise underwhelming Jace, the Living Guildpact . This deck has loads of win conditions and is fast and powerful while also able to control the board. I lost 1 vs. 1 against Najeela but probably could've won if I would've made a better decision on a Liliana Vess search... should've gotten Parallax Wave or Terminus .
1 year ago
Check. Ironic I don't run that Sarkhan... & I have it as well. Good thing Jace, the Living Guildpact is kept. Maybe he might have a purpose here after all; except the Ultimate, obviously. I dun suppose I should cut Mirari's Wake for him, or what do you think?
1 year ago
Contingency Plan and Jace, the Living Guildpact are both pretty terrible. I get that you're trying to dig to get to your Approach as soon as possible, but these cards do basically nothing except in this scenario. In my opinion, you should be controlling the board until Approach becomes inevitable, not trying to play it once then immediately fire off the second one as soon as possible. Another Path to Exile is practically necessary, and I'd also recommend running 2 or 3 Search for Azcanta Flip. Oust and Condemn are also decent backup removal spells.
1 year ago
(JSYK, I had a minor Blackout so I couldn't respond earlier. Sorry... :/)
@griffstick: I appreciate your suggestions about this, but I was asking about what cuts I should do to get to 100? Oh, & I'll add Contagion Engine & Inexorable Tide. Even though both things are considered "Win-More" to many. I already have quite some engine anyway; although you are still, regardless, tempting me into that Plaguemaw Beast... XP
BTW, just looked up Smh. Either you're right about a mass Discard deck w/ Tibalt running either Olivia, Mobilized for War, or Malfegor, & I'm as Ambitious as I already know; moreso even now, or the fact I'm running would mean something regarding the 4 words; all Keywords. Well, I'm sorry about such a notion, but there probably is worse out there anyway; Hint: Eldrazi Displacer + Riftsweeper. & the deck isn't even .
But I digress.
This means I have 3 to add, but I added the following anyway:
Would Tawnos, Urza's Apprentice apply? I could activate his ability to copy Rings of Brighthearth to add an additional activation. Does this work that way? If so, I have 4 cards in addition to cut. What walkers should I cut? I guess Dovin Baan has negligible abilities... So, which to cut to 100? & thanks, griffstick. I'll use at least 3 of what you suggested... :D
Jace, the Living Guildpact occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%