Creature — Dragon
You may exert Glorybringer as it attacks. When you do, it deals 4 damage to target non-Dragon creature an opponent controls.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||Lindough , Dawnsly , meowCat1234 , Nebman227 , GoldGhost012 , johnsongrantr , Vergil_Redgrail|
|Want (4)||firemind12 , BladeMasta220 , Oloro_Magic , Spinalripper|
1 day ago
Personally, I feel as if the core of this deck should be:
4x Combat Celebrant- Additional combat phases = more exert.
4x Glory-Bound Initiate- Pretty self-explanatory here.
4x Bitterblade Warrior- Exert=Deathtouch, nuff said.
4x Always Watching - Pretty self-explanatory as well.
The remaining slots: Lands, maybe untap spells if you want.
I feel as if these creatures are probably the best exert creatures out there.
1 day ago
Until you draw into Always Watching , you will probably need untap spells like Synchronized Strike, Spidery Grasp, Prepare / Fight, and Gideon, Martial Paragon, since exerting creatures tends to slow the deck down.
2 days ago
If you're playing Standard, sure. Those cards aren't sufficient payoff to make the strategy Modern-caliber, though (except maybe Glorybringer, but he's at odds with the go-wide strategy Always Watching promotes).
2 days ago
I've done a swap of the number of Glorybringer and Verdurous Gearhulk. 4x Glorybringer gives me better odds to draw it and get it into play turn four or five. I've also increased the number of Mountain to 3x cutting 1x Forest to make room. Glorybringer is double red so having another red source that doesn't come into play tapped really helps.
The difference between the Dragon and Gearhulk is the Dragon's haste. Creature removal is good right now and I get more value faster out of the Dragon than Gearhulk. I've also found the Dragon to be much better than Gearhulk in both Mardu Vehicles and Zombie matchups, especially Mardu as a great way to deal with Gideon, Ally of Zendikar. Gearhulk is also an artifact, the Dragon isn't, which is relevant.
I was sideboarding a third Glorybringer, but I don't need to do that anymore, I cut it for a third Manglehorn. I like Manglehorn in both Marvel and Mardu Vehicles matchups, especially Mardu because it can kill Heart of Kiran and slow down Scrapheap Scrounger.
Small Summary, Sideboard Cards for Matchups (Look for a more in depth guide in the Sideboard Card Choices section soon):
- Marvel: 4x Negate, 2x Manglehorn and 2x Tireless Tracker. Negate is the best card in the matchup because it can counter Marvel as well as both Chandras. I need all four Negates because I want to at least have one turn four. Tracker comes in as a way to get some card advantage if I can disrupt Marvel. This deck has no way to stop Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger.
- Zombies: 3x Radiant Flames, 1x Magma Spray. Flames and Spray are the best cards in the matchup. Spray because it can exile either Dread Wanderer, Relentless Dead or Scrapheap Scrounger. A heavy removal suite of 4x Spray, 4x Harnessed Lightning and 3x Flames is very potent and needed. Harnessed is important because it can kill Lord of the Accursed and/or large Diregraf Colossus, double Lord can make Zombies more than 3 power which gets around Flames. Sometimes I need to kill a Lord before I can sweep the board. Metallic Mimic is also a problem in this matchup it's best to kill it because it can make Zombies more than 3 power.
- Mardu Vehicles: 3x Manglehorn and 1x Magma Spray. This matchup is all about killing or delaying Heart of Kiran. Spray can exile Scrapheap Scrounger as well as kill a turn one Toolcraft Exemplar. Glorybringer although not a sideboard card is one of the best cards for the matchup because it can help me to stabilize being a terrific counter play to Gideon, Ally of Zendikar.
- Izzet Control: 4x Negate, 3x Tireless Tracker and 1x Manglehorn. Negate is to stop Glimmer of Genius, Sweltering Suns and protect Tracker. Glimmer is the card that puts Control very far ahead. Suns is the Control players sweeper of choice and it can wreck me if it resolves. Tracker is the card I want to see in this matchup because if I can protect it, it can out card advantage Control. Censor is something I have to look out for always be aware of needing an extra mana for my spells.
- Golgari Energy: 3x Tireless Tracker and 1x Rhonas the Indomitable some versions are playing Heart of Kiran if so 3x Manglehorn also. Fatal Push is the removal spell of choice from my opponent making 3 drops much better than 2 drops in this matchup. Tracker comes in as a way to gain card advantage and Rhonas can be a both an attacker and blocker, mostly a great blocker. Storing energy for Harnessed Lightning is very important because my opponent's creatures can get big.
3 days ago
Ok, Kaledesh and up.... In my opinion, there are a couple ways to focus on a deck like this with only 3 sets to choose from: either a machanic focus, or just the good stuff build. The machanic focus would be your energy build or the -1-1 counter builds. The good stuff just jams the best stuff.
Either way, I would get a 4th Channeler Initiate in there. He is your only ramp currently, and with 10 cards in your deck that cost 5 or more, you want to see them as consistantly as possible. Plus, after a few ramps, he's a pretty good beater. You might also want to consider Druid of the Cowl or Servant of the Conduit as additional ramp. I really feel like you want to see a ramp guy on turn 2. That allows you to play your big creatures faster.
And about those big creatures- with mana dorks on 2, you'll want a few 4 drops in there because they're really good a turn early. Crocodile of the Crossing is a really good fit. Any of your mana dorks can hold the -1 counter he gives, and that allows you to start the pressure swinging for 5 on turn 3. Plus, if you used the Initiate, giving him the counter gets you an extra use of his mana ability. Other 4 drops worth of consideration are Bristling Hydra, Champion of Rhonas, Armorcraft Judge, Outland Boar (for budget), Skyship Stalker, and Vizier of the Menagerie. Obviously depending on your build type, some are better than others.
Going up the curve one more, you've got the Arborback Stomper, the Ridgescale Tusker the Riparian Tiger, and way at the top, don't forget the Verdurous Gearhulk. And you might want to consider Samut, Voice of Dissent. Giving all your creatures haste is a good thing, but if you have a channeler out (or if you went the energy build route you could have the servant or an Aether Hub available) you can use him to untap an exerted Glorybringer after combat or as an end of turn effect so he's ready to go next turn.
The last thing I would suggest is a little bit of card draw. Adding in Cathartic Reunion, Tormenting Voice, or even Mouth gives you a little bit of refueling power. It also gives you an outlet to pitch the Honored Hydra. Embalming him is way better than casting him. And pitching Mouth to the reunion or the voice gives you that as another option.
I know this isn't giving you a "this card is better than this card", but I hope it gives you a general direction for your build.
3 days ago
The new Glorybringer is a dragon you might want to check out
4 days ago
I think that 3-4 Glorybringer is the best amount. It is very good in most game 1's and is almost always a live draw. It does kind of compete with chandra as a two red mana spell that when resolved demands an answer. I might try 3/2, or 4/1You probably should also have 3-4 Bristling Hydra if control decks are prevalent.
Your plan is to be agressive, but not Lathnu Hellion and Voltaic Brawler agressive. I think 2-4 Channeler Initiate is a good spot to be in,as it is pretty sweet at ramping and getting deep-fiends out.
I'm not sure if you are really attached to Fling, i might cut it if you aren't too attached
My suggestions for the mainboard
+1 Glorybringer (take out a chandra if you want 4)
+2 Game Trail
-1 Cinder Glade
Kozilek's Return vs Sweltering Suns/Radiant Flames: Return is only really good against really good against super-aggro decks. Zombies has Transgress the Mind to get rid of cards like Elder Deep-Fiend so return won't be flashed back. It is true, however that Sweltering Suns kills your stuff, so maybe find something else. Chandra, Flamecaller could be good. Or a different card that is good against zombies. Skysovereign is one of those cards, especially good on t4 with a mana dork. I also don't know how prevalent zombies is in your area.
On the topic of control hosers: Bristling Hydra is very good against most control decks, Glorybringer is good against planeswalker control decks, Prowling Serpopard is great against UR, UW, and other blue decks, and Tireless Tracker is good in general. i'd stick with 2-3 of the cat snake for right now, and maybe 1 tracker. You already have it in the main right now so...
+1 Bristling Hydra (very hard for tower, UR control, and sometimes mardu to beat)
-3 Whirler Virtuoso (cuz it's going in the main)
Side note: If you want to keep Fling and stuff, it's your choice. I'm only giving advice. If so:
+2 Game Trail
-1 Cinder Glade
Side Side Note: Lumbering Falls is great against control! (and in general) Throw em in!
Changes I definitely advocate for:
Skysovereign, Consul Flagship in the side
Keep calm and brew on