|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
As Nevermore enters the battlefield, name a nonland card.
The named card can't be cast.
2 days ago
Metallic Mimic , Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit , & Grateful Apparition seem to pair up well with each other. Tezzeret's Gambit fits with them as well. Venser, the Sojourner seems like a possible fit, too, though his CMC isn't ideal. I'm guessing you'd get more mileage out of Dovin, Grand Arbiter . Unclaimed Territory or Ancient Ziggurat seem like possible land additions.
Sideboard ideas: Blessed Alliance , Nevermore , Revoke Existence (super against stuff like Hangarback Walker , etc) Ratchet Bomb , Pithing Needle , Elixir of Immortality , Shalai, Voice of Plenty and Teyo, the Shieldmage are cheaper than Leyline of Sanctity , Celestial Purge
1 week ago
Fairmount: While thouse are good sugestions, they don't fit with the theme of not being able to cast spells permanetly (since RM is only temporary, thus needing another Nevermore effect), I will consider them though if I ever make this competitive.
1 week ago
I'm building a similar deck right now. Lots of board wipes, token generation, and board control. Look into: Stony Silence , Hushwing Gryff , Nevermore naming opponent's commander, Aegis of the Gods . God-Eternal Oketra is just too ridiculous not to make a commander with!
3 weeks ago
Hello hkhssweiss. Hopefully the final edit to my deck before I purchase it:
Cards I Took Out:
- Aven Mindcensor
- Bojuka Bog
- Master Transmuter (I don't think there is enough value to put this card into the deck. Sure, I can cheat out Blightsteel Colossus , but that's really the only big thing. The transmuter is eating up a 4 mana slot and about $13.)
- Whispersilk Cloak (It costs too much and there are better cards for that slot.)
- Merciless Eviction (I'll just sub this one out with Vampiric Tutor , because if I really need that extra board wipe, I can just tutor it.)
- Indomitable Archangel (Again, the I don't really know if it's worth it. I already have the Padeem, Consul of Innovation , and he is much better anyway, especially because I can target my own artifacts with him.)
- Jace Beleren (My card draw is already really strong, and I don't want to add him in just because of his ultimate.)
Cards I Added In:
- Sun Titan (Since most of my permanents are 3 CMC or less anyway, he's insane recursion.)
- Ashiok, Dream Render (Better than Aven Mindcensor , and also has graveyard hate? I'm in.)
- Teferi, Time Raveler (Limiting my opponents to only casting at sorcery speed is great, and he can even bounce things so that I can play them later.)
- Karn, the Great Creator (Combos with Mycosynth Lattice , but even if I don't have the lattice on the field, it still prevents opponents from using mana rocks and other pesky artifacts. I don't know how sideboards work for commander, but I think I could just put another lattice in there and tutor it with his -2.)
- Vampiric Tutor (I got it for my birthday, and its just a good card overall.)
- Rest in Peace (Superb graveyard hate, even after it has been played.)
- Nevermore (I have this friend in my playgroup who likes comboing off with Experiment Kraj , his commander, so I wanted to run this to take it off the table.)
Anyway, after I make these changes, I'll try to format the mana base's ratio of basics a bit better.
3 weeks ago
Chhris It's definitely weak to hard control decks if you don't pull a hexproof/shroud artifact early to protect Valduk. If your meta has a lot of control players, definitely sub in Chaos Warp to deal with Nevermore type effects that will try to shut him down, or Vandalblast if the removal is more artifact based. Unfortunately mono-red doesn't have a lot more to deal with enchantment removal.
Generally though, since Valduk is a fairly underground Commander, it's very possible to stay under the radar long enough to surprise the table with one of the more explosive win cons that are scattered in the deck. Some politicking may be necessary to keep wandering eyes away from your board, but that's the price of victory!
4 weeks ago
Gilded Drake , Song of the Dryads , Lignify , Kasmina's Transformation, Imprisoned in the Moon , Darksteel Mutation , Humility , Metamorphic Alteration , Deep Freeze , Nevermore , New Blood , Ritual of the Machine , Helm of Possession , and so many other cards are good not just against Mairsil, but against any problematic commander.
1 month ago
I think you meant, "dilute," BirdClaw, lol.
What I see in this deck is a very high mana curve that doesn't break until T4, and then, only by 1. I suggest cutting creatures down to 18 and filling those slots with disruption instants. Counterspells, fogs, bounces, destroys - Negate , Holy Day , Vapor Snag , Hurkyl's Recall , Pongify , Path to Exile , Nevermore , Journey to Nowhere , Oblivion Ring , Detention Sphere , Cast Out , Seal Away , Pongify , Imprisoned in the Moon , etc.
Since you don't have any one drops to play T1, Temple of Enlightenment seems great here.
1 month ago
How to deal with Ratchet Bomb or other boardwipes - that's a big issue. While Brave the Elements does great against targeted removal, something that will prevent global effects will be much more difficult in mono-white. Mana Tithe comes to mind, but isn't particularly reliable. Something like Blood Artist seems like it could be good. If you decide to splash black, Priest of Forgotten Gods might add a second dimension to this otherwise straightforward build. Of course, splashing blue for Negate , etc would work, too. and with green, you'd of course gain access to Heroic Intervention .
It's probably a good idea to have a solid one drop spell to get things rolling on T1, but I have doubts about Champion of the Parish in that slot. Doomed Traveler seems like a better fit, and Soul's Attendant or Soul Warden are sure-bets.
In terms of non-token creatures, Thalia's Lieutenant might also be worth considering, but only to pump any tokens you have in play. At 2CMC, I think it would be competing for mana with your 2-drop token spells. That said, the 4x pumps Intangible Virtue provide won't be reliable. Honor of the Pure , while offering less value in many ways than both Virtue and Lieutenant, is still probably better than the Lieutenant here.
Probably needs at least 2x more lands, if not 4x more to reliably get the mana to cast Elspeth, Sun's Champion . Otherwise, it will likely be a dead card most games. I also suggest reducing Elspeth to 1-2x.
If you splash red for Impact Tremors, Chained to the Rocks might be worth considering.
I'd drop 1x Disenchant for 1x Oblivion Ring , or add at least 3x Oblivion Ring s to the sideboard. I also suggest adding Pithing Needle , Elixir of Immortality , Revoke Existence , Teyo, the Shieldmage , and Nevermore to the sideboard.
Nevermore occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.02%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%