|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Jellyfish
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Guard Gomazoa.
Guard Gomazoa Discussion
1 week ago
I dunno, that Loyal Drake doesn't look much like a starfish or crab...
It may seem innocuous but Sand Squid has always overperformed in my seamonster decks. Coral Capers -- (Budget Seamonsters) was the original with Thassa (which you've seen) but I morphed the deck into Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle (Tidal Trouble).
I had AEtherplasm in my mono-blue deck and it was quite good. Looks a bit like a jellyfish so that's a plus.
I always ran into issues where I would finally have enough ramp or Quicksilver Amulet out to do stuff but because I was open all through the early game I wouldn't have the life to realize my kraken dreams. Fog Bank , Guard Gomazoa , Gomazoa , Spiny Starfish , Wall of Kelp , and Wall of Frost are all good and on-theme, as well as helpful for Thassa's devotion.
1 month ago
A few I haven't seen yet:
- Time Reversal (pretty sure at least one of those is a moon)
- Opportunity (7th)
- Dreamborn Muse (Legions, 10th, Commander)
- Higure, the Still Wind (Betrayers, Planechase)
- All Sun's Zenith cards (Mirrodin Besieged)
- Etched Champion (Scars)
- Strionic Resonator (very debatable) (M14, Commander 2019)
- Gustha's Scepter (Alliances)
- Solarion (Fifth Dawn)
- Precursor Golem (Scars)
- Flying Carpet (Revised, Arabian Nights, 4t, 5th, 6th) (on the minaret)
- Oblivion Stone (Mirrodin, Commander)
- Doomsday (arguable) (Masters 25)
- Mortivore (9th, 10th, Odyssey, Commander)
- Ihsan's Shade (Masters 25)
- Dralnu's Pet (Planeshift)
- Ribbons of the Reikai (Betrayers)
- Somnophore (arguable) (Urza's Saga)
- Jace, the Living Guildpact (2015 Core Set)
- Elvish Ranger (Alliances)
- Descendants' Path (Avacyn)
- Burn at the Stake (Avacyn)
- Chaos Imps (Return to Ravnica)
- Enlightened Tutor (right cheek tattoo) (Mirage, 6th)
- Mother of Runes (in the hieroglyphics, top left) (Eternal Masters)
- Nevermore (Innistrad)
- Bottle of Suleiman (Arabian Nights)
- Silent-Blade Oni (Planechase, Commander 2018)
- Angel of Despair (Guildpact, Commander, Ultimate Masters)
- Glacial Fortress (Magic 2010-2013)
- Darkslick Shores (Scars)
- Plateau (arguable) (Alpha-Revised)
- Caged Sun (New Phyrexia, Commander 2014)
- Berserk (on the belt) (arguable) (All editions but A/B/U)
- Brutalizer Exarch (New Phyrexia, Planechase)
- Lotus Cobra (Zendikar, Iconic Masters)
- Homeward Path (Commander, Commander 2013, Commander 2016)
- Lake of the Dead (arguable) (Alliances)
- Tribute to the Wild (Commander, Commander 2015)
- Serene Heart (Mirage)
- Tranquil Domain (arguable) (Mirage)
- Guard Gomazoa (Rise of the Eldrazi, Commander)
- High Tide (Fallen Empires variant 2)
- Ray of Command (Mirage, Commander)
- Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon (arguable) (Scars)
- Thrummingbird (Scars)
- Hand of the Praetors (Scars)
- Sword of Light and Shadow (Modern Masters)
- Sword of Body and Mind (Scars, FTV: Relics)
- Sword of Feast and Famine (Mirrodin Beseiged)
- Sword of War and Peace (New Phyrexia)
- Mana-Charged Dragon (Commander)
- Crucible of Worlds (Fifth Dawn, 10th Ed, Core 2019)
Couple tips when looking for moons: Both actual moons and moon symbols count, so keep an eye out for moons on things like books, texts, and manufactured things in the art. There is no limit on how small they can be, though it's obvious it has to be large enough to make out. Some cards have very small, very sneaky moons hidden in them this way.
2 months ago
I really like this deck and I'm planning on buying it but why do you have Wall of Frost , Guard Gomazoa and Fog Bank I don't really see their use in this deck, maybe try Phyrexian Tyranny , Psychosis Crawler and Liliana's Caress
3 months ago
Here's my Nekusar deck if you want to look for inspiration.
5 months ago
Also, Forced Fruition can be very funny in a mill deck like this haha.
11 months ago
I'd cut both Fog Bank and Guard Gomazoa as you have enough creatures to do some blocking and their abilities don't really progress your strategy. Spellskite can be an early blocker for you [which is really all those walls are for] and it can protect your commander from targeted removal.
Sigil of Sleep doesn't seem very useful as you're not really going to be attacking that often. When you do attack it will be with a million locust tokens and then the opponent is just dead. I'd file it under the 'too cute' category.
Psychic Corrosion is something that I would consider a bit corner as you're trying to kill them with damage from drawing cards, not mill them out. Is this meant as a backup plan? Day's Undoing and cards like it are nonbo with it as they shuffle graveyards back into libraries.
Cut one Fork effect as hopefully Mirari lets you do all the duplicating you want. You should be seeing a lot of cards every game, the odds of you seeing more than one each game is already good. Wild Ricochet would be my choice simply because of the mana cost.
If you've played the deck a bit, how well has Torment of Hailfire performed? Typically I've seen it in decks that can produce a ton of mana but this deck doesn't really do that.
Is Nezahal, Primal Tide in there simply for the hand size text? If so, probably not worth the card slot, you have at least 3 other cards that do that which should cover it.
I'll admit, after a couple glasses of merlot, not coming up with any more nuanced cuts, but, hopefully this has been some help.
1 year ago
Personally i'd get rid of: Cloud Manta, Deep-Sea Terror, Deepglow Skate, Boundless Realms, Farseek, Genesis Storm, Nissa's Renewal, Skyshroud Claim, Giant Growth, Glissa's Scorn, Naturalize, Pulse of Murasa, Sweep Away
and replace with things like: Hedron Crab, Tidal Kraken, Serpent of the Endless Sea , Kraken of the Straits, Isleback Spawn, Grozoth, Sealock Monster, Stormsurge Kraken, Benthic Behemoth, Breaching Leviathan, Guard Gomazoa, Gomazoa, Dormant Gomazoa, Broken Bond
1 year ago
The commander definitely makes this deck work. Quick question though, how do you feel about Guard Gomazoa? Sure, it's just a defender with only 3 toughness, but it has "prevent all combat damage to this creature." Oh, and flying. It'll never die, except by burn spell or removal.
Guard Gomazoa occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%