Creature — Illusion
Whenever Somnophore deals damage to a player, tap target creature that player controls. That creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step as long as Somnophore remains in play.
Printings View all
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
9 months ago
A few I haven't seen yet:
- Time Reversal (pretty sure at least one of those is a moon)
- Opportunity (7th)
- Dreamborn Muse (Legions, 10th, Commander)
- Higure, the Still Wind (Betrayers, Planechase)
- All Sun's Zenith cards (Mirrodin Besieged)
- Etched Champion (Scars)
- Strionic Resonator (very debatable) (M14, Commander 2019)
- Gustha's Scepter (Alliances)
- Solarion (Fifth Dawn)
- Precursor Golem (Scars)
- Flying Carpet (Revised, Arabian Nights, 4t, 5th, 6th) (on the minaret)
- Oblivion Stone (Mirrodin, Commander)
- Doomsday (arguable) (Masters 25)
- Mortivore (9th, 10th, Odyssey, Commander)
- Ihsan's Shade (Masters 25)
- Dralnu's Pet (Planeshift)
- Ribbons of the Reikai (Betrayers)
- Somnophore (arguable) (Urza's Saga)
- Jace, the Living Guildpact (2015 Core Set)
- Elvish Ranger (Alliances)
- Descendants' Path (Avacyn)
- Burn at the Stake (Avacyn)
- Chaos Imps (Return to Ravnica)
- Enlightened Tutor (right cheek tattoo) (Mirage, 6th)
- Mother of Runes (in the hieroglyphics, top left) (Eternal Masters)
- Nevermore (Innistrad)
- Bottle of Suleiman (Arabian Nights)
- Silent-Blade Oni (Planechase, Commander 2018)
- Angel of Despair (Guildpact, Commander, Ultimate Masters)
- Glacial Fortress (Magic 2010-2013)
- Darkslick Shores (Scars)
- Plateau (arguable) (Alpha-Revised)
- Caged Sun (New Phyrexia, Commander 2014)
- Berserk (on the belt) (arguable) (All editions but A/B/U)
- Brutalizer Exarch (New Phyrexia, Planechase)
- Lotus Cobra (Zendikar, Iconic Masters)
- Homeward Path (Commander, Commander 2013, Commander 2016)
- Lake of the Dead (arguable) (Alliances)
- Tribute to the Wild (Commander, Commander 2015)
- Serene Heart (Mirage)
- Tranquil Domain (arguable) (Mirage)
- Guard Gomazoa (Rise of the Eldrazi, Commander)
- High Tide (Fallen Empires variant 2)
- Ray of Command (Mirage, Commander)
- Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon (arguable) (Scars)
- Thrummingbird (Scars)
- Hand of the Praetors (Scars)
- Sword of Light and Shadow (Modern Masters)
- Sword of Body and Mind (Scars, FTV: Relics)
- Sword of Feast and Famine (Mirrodin Beseiged)
- Sword of War and Peace (New Phyrexia)
- Mana-Charged Dragon (Commander)
- Crucible of Worlds (Fifth Dawn, 10th Ed, Core 2019)
Couple tips when looking for moons: Both actual moons and moon symbols count, so keep an eye out for moons on things like books, texts, and manufactured things in the art. There is no limit on how small they can be, though it's obvious it has to be large enough to make out. Some cards have very small, very sneaky moons hidden in them this way.
2 years ago
Could make this modern legal? Maybe better casual...
2 years ago
Hmmm... just off the top of my head, some ideas include Petradon, Somnophore, Colossal Whale, Stormtide Leviathan, Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs, Tradewind Rider, Dungeon Geists, Sower of Temptation, Rimescale Dragon, Lorthos, the Tidemaker, Heartwood Storyteller, Ruric Thar, the Unbowed, Deus of Calamity... I hope some of those are helpful!
3 years ago
3 years ago
Let me Reanimate this deck.
Mizzium Skin can also protect your illusions from spells and counter one that's on the pile. It could also provide a mini combat trick to save a creature, but +0/+1 is still lame.
Veiling Oddity can setup a kill.
AEtherplasm can bring stuff to your board and/or keep you safe while attacking with all your flying board.
Maybe : Riftwing Cloudskate for some little but sometimes needed control.
4 years ago
I'm not really wiling to put 25+ bucks in Hallowed Fountain, that's also why I didn't get glacial fortress (even tho that one is much cheaper) I'm looking for budget only.
Talrand, Sky Summoner seems not bad even with only 6 triggering spells, tho if i do add him it'd be because Somnophore ins't really playable, and in this case I would also remove Arcanis the Omnipotent and Angel of Serenity to lighten the curve since Talrand, Sky Summoner won't be ramped with Warden of Evos Isle which really is a shame. Then finally add 2x Essence Scatter and remove one Journey to Nowhere to have 8 triggers spells.
I def consider this, but for now Somnophore looks like too much fun to ditch immediatly without trying.