|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Bane of Bala Ged
Creature — Eldrazi
Whenever Bane of Bala Ged attacks, defending player exiles two permanents he or she controls.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Bane of Bala Ged Discussion
5 days ago
Interesting deck, so +1, I have a few suggestions,
Make sure that the hubs for this deck state both casual and gimmick, that way you don't have to say that you are playing casual, the hubs say it for you! (Just a little thing though)
I get that this deck is RB which means it wants to be aggressive, but you have some shifting themes here, on one hand, you have aggressive beaters that can swing for a ton of damage, and then there Ulamog and Bane of Bala Ged which you will likely never cast in a single game (Good luck casting 7 & 10 drops with 22 lands) My first suggestion would be to cut Ulamog and Bane (I know they are fun but you likely won't cast them) and replace them with 2 more Dust Stalker and 1 more Endless One.
Behind the Scenes: Skulk would allow creatures like Sludge Crawler to get in for damage and allow you to Ingest cards without having to worry about blockers (they slither around). This would probably come in over Forerunner of Slaughter since the card just doesn't do too much imo.
I'm not a particular fan of tap-lands, Sulfurous Springs would be ideal since you can play cards and effects for both anyway.
3 weeks ago
Your average mana cost is TOO DAMN HIGH for 20 lands.
With that amount of 4+ drops you should have at least 26 lands and have an efficient way of ramping or holding out the game.
I think you should abandon Doubling Cube. It's not efficient. Try ramping with Arbor Elf/Voyaging Satyr + Utopia Sprawl/Fertile Ground/Overgrowth. This way you'll have access to much more fast mana since it is one of the best ramp strategies in Modern nowadays.
I know those are 17-20 cards alone and that it's a lot of slots to use for ramping, but if you use Enshrined Memories you'll be able to draw lots of cards with that absurd ramp. PLUS, with this kind of ramp you'll be able to pay for absurd Hydras or even be able to cast Worldspine Wurm at turn 5 or even an Emrakul, the Aeons Torn if you dare.
There are many cards that are out of place and contribute nothing to your plan: the Tron package makes you vulnerable to Blood Moon, Crumble to Dust and you don't have efficient tutors to assemble tron... PLUS you have high demanding mana cards with inflexible mana...
Akroma's Memorial is a bad card in Modern... Godsend doesn't contribute much...
Basicly I recommend you redo your deck and aim for the more efficient mana ramp I told you. It's usually used by competitive decks that need that huge mana like RG Ponza and RG Tooth and Nail (decks that need 6-9 mana fast by turn 3-4). If you adopt this strategy, you'll be able to cast these absurd huge creatures fast. Tron lands need the support of Expedition Map, tutors and/or scry and draw... which you don't have and cannot afford to use since you'd have to assemble 4 tron lands + 3 forests to cast Worldspine Wurm. When you could cast it at least 2 turns earlier and with much more ease at a Green-White mana base.
There are also budget cards you might like to use like Wolfbriar Elemental, Pelakka Wurm, Bane of Bala Ged, Elderscale Wurm, Polukranos, World Eater, Hornet Queen and some non-budget cards you might like: Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, Blazing Archon and Iona, Shield of Emeria.
1 month ago
I would drop one Mist Intruder and one Eldrazi Skyspawner. I would replace them with two copies of Adverse Conditions. You only have one creatures whose CMC is 7, and that is Bane of Bala Ged, so having 2 Conduit of Ruin seems a little strange. Even though it would casting your other eldrazi cheaper, the issue is that you would have a majority of them on the field since their CMC is less than Conduit's. However, if you want to keep the Conduit of Ruin, you can replace the Blight Herder with 2 Desolation Twin or Breaker of Armies. Hope that helps!
1 month ago
1 month ago
Thanks a lot, clayperce! It's definitely a lot of fun, I'm going to be sad when it rotates.
- The previous list was actually running two Ruins of Oran-Rief, but when I swapped for 2 Mirrorpools I found that the list couldn't handle more than 2 ETB tapped lands, so Mirrorpool was the obvious choice there.
- Spidersilk Net is an interesting option, but I think my best bet against the current flyers being played is to just stay aggressive and pack more removal - so you may be right about mainboarding Titan's Presence, it is very good. The bigger flyers are all vehicles, so that extra removal (even if it can't hit the flyer) will help get rid of anything that could crew it. I might honestly up TP to 4, hmm...
- I actually really considered Walking Ballista, but eventually decided against it because it's only about 1/3 as effective in this deck vs the other strategies running it. The lack of Rishkar, Peema Renegade, Winding Constrictor, and Verdurous Gearhulk really hurts it's usefulness, and many times it can only do as much damage as half of the mana spent to cast it. There might be some sideboard potential there, but for now 4 Warping Wail and 3 Titan's Presence has been enough for the Saheeli combo.
- I hadn't even considered Bane of Bala Ged, that's an interesting option. I'm not sure if I'd favor it over Deceiver of Form, but the exile clause is potentially very powerful, I'll look into that!
1 month ago
A few quick thoughts:
- Ruins of Oran-Rief maybe? I hate that it enters tapped, but it may be good value as a one- or two-of.
- Titan's Presence performed well enough for me that I ended up running them in the mainboard.
- I found the really deck struggled with Flyers, and I ended up having to make room for 4x Spidersilk Net, split between the main and sideboard. That was before we had Vehicles though, so that may be a better choice now. But either way, some Flyerhate may worth thinking about.
- I'm not sure if Planeswalkers (esp Saheeli Rai) are an issue in your meta, but if you find yourself needing more tools to deal with them, maybe some Walking Ballista?
- If you've got the room, I LOVE Bane of Bala Ged as a one-of in the sideboard for grindy games.
Hope this helps, and sorry for the spam if you've already looked at these!
1 month ago
1 month ago
Forerunner of Slaughter is better than sludge crawler in every way, Kozilek's Sentinel is good for aggro, Outnumber and Ruinous Path are good removal for the deck, Eldrazi Mimic is fantastic for the deck, as is Matter Reshaper. Barrage Tyrant is a good non-combat wincon. Thought-Knot Seer is a good potential sideboard Bearer of Silence is very good for aggro/control. Sky Scourer is a flying kozilek's sentinel. Kozilek's Return is a must have in your colors in standard. Ways to proc its flashback as well as good game enders are Bane of Bala Ged and an Endless One for at least 7. As far as lands, your wastes are, well, wastes. Mirrorpool is unnecessary, you can run Sanctum of Ugin and possibly Shrine of the Forsaken Gods, maybe even Sea Gate Wreckage instead. Reality Hemorrhage is fine to proc colorless spells and all, but when Shock is legal, just run shock. Eldrazi Obligator is a Turn Against on a body, but I wouldn't recommend running either. Both Witness the End and Dutiful Return are bad. You don't need them. Phyrexia is right, Panharmonicon is useless, there's no need to run it. I'm sure there is more that you can edit but that's all I see at the moment.