|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Bane of Bala Ged
Creature — Eldrazi
Whenever Bane of Bala Ged attacks, defending player exiles two permanents he or she controls.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Bane of Bala Ged Discussion
1 day ago
3 weeks ago
Bonedigger im using the Bane of Bala Ged because its cheap it has annihilate 2 and it keeps the mana curve a little more spread out and gives me more options. The hardest thing ive found is removal because i dont want to drop $40 on All Is Dust
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the great feedback all, especially DespairFaction! I've made some changes to the deck incorporating many but not all of the suggestions.
(-) Hellkite Charger; Seething Song; Pyretic Ritual; Bane of Bala Ged; Mind's Eye; Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran (this can give Aurelia +6 damage per turn, but it seems like maybe Naheb will fill this slot better)
I'm going to do more play testing and then may make more changes.
4 weeks ago
Are you sure that Bane of Bala Ged is Pauper legal? It has only ever been printed as uncommon.
1 month ago
Dump Spell Shrivel and Hedron Archive. They distract from what the deck wants to do. Replace Call the Scions with Awakening Zone and From Beyond to give you constant, passive token generation. Beastmaster Ascension to give all those tokens some teeth! Fecundity turns each sacrificed token into a draw. Growth Spasm will let you fetch lands and give you more tokens. I see a theme....
Eldrazi Utility Creatures
Keep Blisterpod and Tide Drifter. Dump the other drones. Add the hyper-efficient Nest Invader. Add Blight Herder, Ulamog's Despoiler, and Void Attendant. Consider Vile Redeemer depending on the boardwipe prevalence in your meta game.
Most of the recommendations are under $1.00 with 95% being less than $.50. That being said, all token decks need to run Cryptolith Rite. Tapping tokens for a mana of any color speeds the deck into overdrive!
Magic & dogfighting share a common principle: When heading to the merge, speed is life.
2 months ago
I think you can do much better than Hand of Emrakul and Eldrazi Devastator for big but budget Eldrazi to cheat into play like Pathrazer of Ulamog, Artisan of Kozilek, Bane of Bala Ged, Ulamog's Crusher or Conduit of Ruin.
2 months ago
Hey there! Awesome deck you have here (and Maelstrom Wanderer is probably my favorite commander, so that doesn't hurt)!
I agree you need a little more mana fixing; fortunately, Green is very good at this. Kodama's Reach and Cultivate are both amazing at ramp and fixing, and Farseek, Explosive Vegetation, Skyshroud Claim, and Urban Evolution are as well (keep in mind that you can get any forest with the Claim, not just basics). Gilded Lotus is also an option.
Some other general suggestions I have for you:
- Scroll Rack is great at setting the top cards of your library for your commander to cascade into, while putting extra lands to the bottom.
- I enjoy Bane of Bala Ged as a devastating Cascade target, although it does draw some hate.
- Great Whale is hilarious to cascade into, and gets you infinite mana with Deadeye Navigator.
- Magus of the Mind is also a great cascade target.
- Regrowth is better than Recollect, although I can understand if you prefer the promo.
- Pathbreaker Ibex is generally game-ending, especially with the haste from Wanderer.
- Blasphemous Act is a board wipe that you don't cascade into.
- Primal Command is great for its extreme versatility.
- Future Sight lets you see the top card of your library to determine when to pull the trigger on casting Wanderer. It's also great with Top.
- Mind's Dilation is just generally amazing.
- Spearbreaker Behemoth can protect your big things.
- Recurring Insight is amazing card draw, often drawing you 10+ cards.
Finally, I do think your mana base needs a little work. I find 37-38 lands is appropriate for a ramp-heavy deck like Wanderer, so you can certainly cut a few lands. I'd recommend the checklands (Rootbound Crag, Hinterland Harbor, and Sulfur Falls), the painlands (Karplusan Forest, Yavimaya Coast, and Shivan Reef), the shocklands (Stomping Ground, Breeding Pool, and Steam Vents), the temples (Temple of Mystery, Temple of Abandon, and Temple of Epiphany), and the fetchlands if you can afford them (Wooded Foothills, Misty Rainforest, and Scalding Tarn). Ash Barrens is also amazing due to the shuffle effect if you need it, and Frontier Bivouac is fine if you need the fixing.
Hope this helps!