Creature — Imp
Chaos Imps has trample as long as it has a +1/+1 counter on it.
Printings View all
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Chaos Imps Discussion
9 months ago
A few I haven't seen yet:
- Time Reversal (pretty sure at least one of those is a moon)
- Opportunity (7th)
- Dreamborn Muse (Legions, 10th, Commander)
- Higure, the Still Wind (Betrayers, Planechase)
- All Sun's Zenith cards (Mirrodin Besieged)
- Etched Champion (Scars)
- Strionic Resonator (very debatable) (M14, Commander 2019)
- Gustha's Scepter (Alliances)
- Solarion (Fifth Dawn)
- Precursor Golem (Scars)
- Flying Carpet (Revised, Arabian Nights, 4t, 5th, 6th) (on the minaret)
- Oblivion Stone (Mirrodin, Commander)
- Doomsday (arguable) (Masters 25)
- Mortivore (9th, 10th, Odyssey, Commander)
- Ihsan's Shade (Masters 25)
- Dralnu's Pet (Planeshift)
- Ribbons of the Reikai (Betrayers)
- Somnophore (arguable) (Urza's Saga)
- Jace, the Living Guildpact (2015 Core Set)
- Elvish Ranger (Alliances)
- Descendants' Path (Avacyn)
- Burn at the Stake (Avacyn)
- Chaos Imps (Return to Ravnica)
- Enlightened Tutor (right cheek tattoo) (Mirage, 6th)
- Mother of Runes (in the hieroglyphics, top left) (Eternal Masters)
- Nevermore (Innistrad)
- Bottle of Suleiman (Arabian Nights)
- Silent-Blade Oni (Planechase, Commander 2018)
- Angel of Despair (Guildpact, Commander, Ultimate Masters)
- Glacial Fortress (Magic 2010-2013)
- Darkslick Shores (Scars)
- Plateau (arguable) (Alpha-Revised)
- Caged Sun (New Phyrexia, Commander 2014)
- Berserk (on the belt) (arguable) (All editions but A/B/U)
- Brutalizer Exarch (New Phyrexia, Planechase)
- Lotus Cobra (Zendikar, Iconic Masters)
- Homeward Path (Commander, Commander 2013, Commander 2016)
- Lake of the Dead (arguable) (Alliances)
- Tribute to the Wild (Commander, Commander 2015)
- Serene Heart (Mirage)
- Tranquil Domain (arguable) (Mirage)
- Guard Gomazoa (Rise of the Eldrazi, Commander)
- High Tide (Fallen Empires variant 2)
- Ray of Command (Mirage, Commander)
- Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon (arguable) (Scars)
- Thrummingbird (Scars)
- Hand of the Praetors (Scars)
- Sword of Light and Shadow (Modern Masters)
- Sword of Body and Mind (Scars, FTV: Relics)
- Sword of Feast and Famine (Mirrodin Beseiged)
- Sword of War and Peace (New Phyrexia)
- Mana-Charged Dragon (Commander)
- Crucible of Worlds (Fifth Dawn, 10th Ed, Core 2019)
Couple tips when looking for moons: Both actual moons and moon symbols count, so keep an eye out for moons on things like books, texts, and manufactured things in the art. There is no limit on how small they can be, though it's obvious it has to be large enough to make out. Some cards have very small, very sneaky moons hidden in them this way.
1 year ago
I really appreciate the theme of a Rakdos deck purely from cards from the Ravnica blocks.
1 year ago
Definitely Add Show
Possibly Add Show
- Forge of Heroes
- Preyseizer Dragon
- Hound of Griselbrand
- Ion Storm
- Curse of Stalked Prey
- Cyclonic Rift
- Mark of Mutiny
- Sower of Temptation
- Conquering Manticore
- Dragonlord Silumgar
- Aura Thief
- Puca's Mischief
- Infernal Tribute
- Claws of Gix
- Viscera Seer
- Ogre Slumlord
- Open the Graves
- Pawn of Ulamog
- Sifter of Skulls
- Falkenrath Noble
- Power Conduit
- Palace Familiar
- Surveilling Sprite
- Ogre Battledriver
3 years ago
Thanks, Urethra_Franklin this really helps.I have been trying to buy more copies of the Vexing Devil, but have had no luck so far.Your recommendations to limit my single cards is something I have been working on with this deck. I think I have already gotten rid of Chaos Imps, Firefiend Elemental, and Bloodfray Giant. I need to pay more attention to mana costs. I tend to really like cards abilities and forget to compare it to another similar card with less mana costs, like Goblin Guide
3 years ago
I playtested against the deck a bit, and it seems a bit slow for an aggro deck. A little inconsistent, too. But that will be fixed as you tune the list. As for suggestions:
Rakdos Cackler is a solid card, so having 4 of it makes a lot of sense. You could also bump up the number of copies of Vexing Devil. A lot of players will just pay the life and be done with it, so it helps you burn them out. Goblin Guide and Monastery Swiftspear are also solid choices for 1-mana creatures (Monastery Swiftspear does need a lot of non-creature spells to work super-effectively, so keep that in mind).
I would also recommend replacing a lot of cards with more mana-efficient versions. Aggro decks generally don't have a lot of cards with more than 3cmc, so those would get cut first (except for Demigod of Revenge. that card is great for this color combo). Cards like Traitorous Instinct, Bloodfray Giant, Firefiend Elemental, Assassin's Strike, Carnival Hellsteed, Chaos Imps, and Minotaur Aggressor are way too expensive (in terms of mana cost) for what they do. You could look at the cards you have, find the effects you want (such as discard, creature removal, etc.), then search for cards that do the same thing but for less mana. That way, your deck makes an impact on the game much sooner.
Then, you could remove a lot of the singles you have in the deck. The more of a particular card you have, the greater the chance of you drawing that card. In your deck, you currently have 4 copies of Rakdos Cackler, which gives you a greater chance of drawing one than you would have of drawing a Temur Battle Rage, for instance. When you're building a deck, you want as many copies as possible of cards that you really want to draw early on and fewer of cards that are either situational or expensive.
Hopefully that helps a bit!
3 years ago
You're right about the Wild Cantor's, now that I think about it they're a relic from when the deck was still three-colored and the mana-fixing might've been relevant.
I'd prefer creatures with either haste or comes-into-play/on-cast effects for the bigguns, or at least evasion. Chaos Imps and Gravetiller Wurm I had lying around and at least they've got the evasion part down. I kinda hoped that I'd churn out enough creatures and get enough value out of them before they bite it for instant-removal to not be too much of an issue, but I might be gravely mistaken on that front.
Plated Crusher's got a lot goin' for it ((Generator Servant could help with haste), but flavor-wise it just doesn't feel appropriate. The little guys are literally burning themselves alive (along some trees) to summon something, so I'd rather the result looked somewhat supernatural or at least creepy and monstrous, like Gravetiller Wurm and Decimator of the Provinces.
Nonetheless, Deus of Calamity seems legit simply because of how much it could cripple opponents if left unchecked, as you said. Since it's cheap to afford I might even grab 4 copies.
Any ideas for additional haste-granting to the bigguns?
Thanks for your feedback!